Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black support for Trump surging, 35% of black voters and 38% of Hispanics support Trump now

Black support for Trump surging, 35% of black voters and 38% of Hispanics support Trump now

This polling report was posted in another discussion but important topic in itself.

National Diversity Coalition For Trump

New polls show black support for Trump surging

35% of black voters and 38% of Hispanics support T
    rump now

December 3, 2019
    Rush Limbaugh could hardly contain his excitement. “We’ve got three polls today showing Donald Trump at 30 percent or higher with black voters,” he told his national radio audience Monday. “We’ve got Emerson, we’ve got Rasmussen and we’ve got Marist!”
    Rush was echoing a Trump 2020 campaign email titled “Black Voters Are Raising Their Voices in Support of President Trump. Recent Polls Show Significant Increase in Support from Black Community.”

The new Emerson poll puts Trump at 35 percent with black voters and 38 percent with Hispanics. “If you add in Asian voters at 28 percent approval,” notes Emerson’s director of polling Spencer Kimball, “our number is very close to the new Marist poll,” which finds Trump’s approval at 33 percent among non-white voters. A recent RasmussenReports poll has Trump support among black voters at 34 percent, and even the new CNN poll has Trump’s approval among non-white voters at 26 percent.

https://www.newsday.com/opinion/comm...ort-1.39184208

MAGA team's minorities outreach, National Diversity Coalition initiatives and sharp messaging changes of late seem to be working.

Trump condemns ‘racism, bigotry and white supremacy’

Trump Deputy AG Rosenstein on recent mass shootings: “white terrorism” is more precise

Trump appointed FBI Director Wray says most domestic terrorism arrests this year involve white supremacy
    07/23/19

George is right. Killing random civilians to spread a political message is terrorism. FBI classifies it as domestic terrorism, but “white terrorism is more precise. Many of the killers are lone-wolf losers indoctrinated to hate through the internet, just like Islamic terrorists. https://t.co/uyyjkoh1fR

Rod Rosenstein (@RodRosenstein) August 4, 2019

Joey Jones of Foxnews on white supremacists and white supremacist evil doers
    "If you're a white supremacist or thinking about it, you're not American , we renounce you, this is not a country for you... if you do anything evil, we will find you, we will hunt you down and take you out, we renounce you."

Trump Endorses Prison Reform, while throwing a wet blanket on Sessions in the process

05/25/2018
    Jack Johnson Was Pardoned, But Taboo Sex Is Still Being Criminalized

Trump reiterates claim that he wants more legal immigration

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A political awakening and conversion among minorities would be a great miracle that might just save this country.

Notice that they would still be voting Demoncrat at much higher rates than whites though.

It seems e_d still hasn't learned that we aren't racist here and he thinks this will make us hate Trump.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    A political awakening and conversion among minorities would be a great miracle that might just save this country.
    To give credit where due, famed Trump supporter DSouza had seen this way before media pundits:

Dinesh D’Souza Compares Donald Trump to Abraham Lincoln

Notice that they would still be voting Demoncrat at much higher rates than whites though.
    There is still almost a year before 2020 election. If in last 1-2 years of messaging/policy changes to counter fakenews media's 'Trump is racist' narrative has worked and taken his support among black voters from 8% in 2016 to 35% in 2019, could he it go to break even by 2020?

An impressive swing no doubt.

Loss of 30 percent of what was an absolute monolithic voting bloc, accompanied by equal increases in Hispanic GOP voting spells outright doom for, vote wise, for leftist democrats.

Trump asked blacks:

"After voting democrat for 50-60 plus years, and you see where that has gotten you (shattered families, dependency, abortion on a genocidal scale, deliberate targeting by the government with drugs), well hell, why not give the other side a try?"

"What could it hurt?"

The left went into fits of apoplexy over those remarks.

After three years of of improved economic conditions for most blacks, I guess they are listening.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 12-27-2019 at 10:14 PM.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Loss of 30 percent of what was an absolute monolithic voting bloc, accompanied by equal increases in Hispanic GOP voting spells outright doom for, vote wise, for leftist democrats.

Trump asked blacks:

"After voting democrat for 50-60 plus years, and you see where that has gotten you (shattered families, dependency, abortion on a genocidal scale, deliberate targeting by the government with drugs, well hell, why not give the other side a try?"

"What could it hurt?"

After three years of of improved economic conditions for most blacks, I guess they are listening.
    The Demoncrats are scared to death, that's why they are claiming that his outreach to minorities is "voter suppression":

Dems: Trump Reaching Out to Black Voters is "Voter Suppression"

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"Favorable approval rating" does not necessarily translate to actually voting for him. He had a 28% approval rating among Black voters in 2016 but only got eight percent of their votes.

(I am having troubles finding the polls they are citing saying one third would vote for Trump- I did find the CNN one- http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2019/images/1...mpeachment.pdf )

A1. Do you approve or disapprove of the way Donald Trump is handling his job as president?

Non- white voters:

Approve: 26%
    Disapprove: 69%
    Don't Know: 4%
    Fake news?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-27-2019 at 10:54 PM.

Unhappy President Donnell celebrates diversity

Gay teacher of the year & gayest President since Obama.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post

Gay teacher of the year & gayest President since Obama.
    If he can get their votes while rolling back their agenda that is good for us.

Will the real racist please stand up.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Holy Crap... I am too lazy to look up the actual stats... but if memory serves, Dems typically garner around 90% or so of the black vote for decades. So If Trump is Polling at 38% with them this could be game changing.

Combining this news with the recent landslide victory for conservatives in Britain, is it too soon for me to get excited about a landslide in 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by Qdog View Post
    Holy Crap... I am too lazy to look up the actual stats... but if memory serves, Dems typically garner around 90% or so of the black vote for decades. So If Trump is Polling at 38% with them this could be game changing.

Combining this news with the recent landslide victory for conservatives in Britain, is it too soon for me to get excited about a landslide in 2020?
    It may or may not translate into votes.

But it's just one of many signs that Trump has 2020 in the bag.

And he has just barely begun campaigning.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

All the dems need to do to swing 50 percent Hispanic and black vote to the Pubs is select bootyjudge .
    Do something Danke

Exclamation Open Borders Leftists scream - RAYCISS !!!

If he can get their votes while rolling back their agenda that is good for us.

Will the real racist please stand up.
    Typical open borders leftist response from the Trumpkin/Bernie Bro neocons. When the globalist shuck 'n jive fails, yell RAYCISS !!!

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Democrats are absolutely scared of this. Their losing the control they used to have over minorities.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Democrats are absolutely scared of this. Their losing the control they used to have over minorities.
    Anybody have any luck finding the actual poll indicating minorities will be voting for Trump?

Typical open borders leftist response from the Trumpkin/Bernie Bro neocons. When the globalist shuck 'n jive fails, yell RAYCISS !!!

LOL

I'm one of the biggest immigration hawks here but that doesn't mean I'm triggered because someone with a higher melanin count than me supports Trump.

If you really cared about shutting the borders and reducing immigration you would acknowledge what Trump has done but you are just here to twist everything you can against Trump, your feigned concern about immigration is a joke.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 01-21-2020 at 07:21 AM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have seen a lot of youtube videos posted by black people who support Trump that have 1000's of hits within a few hours. A large percentage of black people are Christians and they see that Trump is more supportive of their values than confused Dems that aren't even sure of their gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Could you please point me to the other thread that has the link to the polling report? ... or even better, to the three polls themselves?
    Nobody can find it. Fake news I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Nobody can find it. Fake news I guess.
    Trump Approval Among Blacks Tops 34 Percent in Emerson Poll

https://www.theepochtimes.com/trump-...s_3155737.html

To be hones though, the link through to the poll doesn't mention black support of Trump, unless I'm missing something

https://emersonpolling.reportablenew...cratic-primary

What is does show is that Unkle Bernie The Commie is the only dem that beats Trump in head to head polling, by one point.

LOL - Freedom is NOT popular...the faster you couyons accept that and we get busy on secession the better off we'll all be.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Trump Approval Among Blacks Tops 34 Percent in Emerson Poll

https://www.theepochtimes.com/trump-...s_3155737.html

To be hones though, the link through to the poll doesn't mention black support of Trump, unless I'm missing something

https://emersonpolling.reportablenew...cratic-primary

What is does show is that Unkle Bernie The Commie is the only dem that beats Trump in head to head polling, by one point.

LOL - Freedom is NOT popular...the faster you couyons accept that and we get busy on secession the better off we'll all be.
    https://www.wnd.com/2019/11/2-polls-...porting-trump/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It seems e_d still hasn't learned that we aren't racist here and he thinks this will make us hate Trump.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

More blacks and hispanics might be voting Republican more than ever before, but I doubt its going to get to the point where its going to be 50% or more. Minorities will still mostly be voting Democrat no matter what.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    More blacks and hispanics might be voting Republican more than ever before, but I doubt its going to get to the point where its going to be 50% or more. Minorities will still mostly be voting Democrat no matter what.
    Probably , unless it is a gay . Blacks are more racist and homophobe than whites and Latin males are more homophobe than whites . In fact whites rarely get anything right , they are not even good racists and have to leave that to a few white southern democrat types . The common them though is all dems suck.
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-29-2019 at 09:04 AM.
    Do something Danke

Trump asked blacks:

"After voting democrat for 50-60 plus years, and you see where that has gotten you (shattered families, dependency, abortion on a genocidal scale, deliberate targeting by the government with drugs), well hell, why not give the other side a try?"

"What could it hurt?"

The reason for the sweason. (Swing season...sorry couldn't resist the pun).

https://apnews.com/c4834e48841d97c5a93312b1bf75302a

https://theundefeated.com/features/t...rder-on-hbcus/

https://dailycaller.com/2019/12/19/d...u-legislation/

https://hbcudigest.com/obama-vs-trum...rst-two-years/

Yes. It's the "free stuff" stupid. And I find this all hilarious. Some months ago I was listening to conservative radio talking head Andrew Wilcow going moaning and complaining about the push for reparations for slavery. It was all "Why should I have to pay for slavery when that ended over 150 years ago?" Then an intelligent black man called in and brought up all of the times that blacks have tried to form their own independent economic communities only for a white racist mob to ethnically cleanse the place. I am familiar with the big 3 everyone talks about, Rosewood Florida, Tulsa (aka Black Wallstreet) Oklahoma and Forsythe County Georgia. But this man brought up some I had never heard of. (There are 11 cases of this in Tennessee alone.) So Mr. Wilcow was like "Okay. I see your point. So what do you want to actually do? What's your plan?" So the caller said "More funding for HBCUs." To which Wilcow angrily replied "HBCUs already get funding!" Au contraire Mr. Wilcow. Historically HBCU funding has lacked behind their white counterparts and even our "black president" Obama screwed over the HBCUs to the point where they considered filing a lawsuit against him. (See: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/hbcus...suit_n_2869216)

So what has Trump done? It's like he was listening in on the talk show and decided "Hey! I can do reparations under cover in the form of HBCU funding. My white conservative base won't notice because I won't call it reparations. Doing it that way, the black masses won't notice....but if enough blacks who are paying attention notice...I win over just enough to win."

Now that's a totally cynically view and a bit unfair to Trump. (*Gasp* Did I just say that?) Trump has from the beginning of his administration has been receptive to the HBCUs cry for help. Everyone remember this picture?

Kelly Anne/Jungle Fever jokes aside, Trump actually delivered on the promises he made in that meeting. Granted some of the HBCU presidents have not been gracious (example President Leslie Pollard of my very own Oakwood University has been a bit of a jerk), but others have. That's why Trump was invited to speak at an HBCU about his HBCU funding.

Now I know what may be going through your mind. "Why should free stuff be targeted towards black people?" That's a good question. The answer is that the free stuff that really counts has traditionally been targeted towards white people. Do you know what Alexandria Ocasio Cortez and the libertarian CATO institute agree on? Blacks got the shaft in the New Deal.

https://www.cato.org/publications/co...al-harm-blacks

And AOC at 0:30 "Reparations for the damage done by the New Deal and redlining."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3MyfWraujU

Oh, and I remember this black republican saying that democrats are the ones who owe reparations. I recall him getting cheered on hear at RPF. Guess which party gave us the New Deal that CATO and AOC say disadvantaged blacks? That's right. The democrats.

Here is a black conservative YouTuber talking about how huge HBCU funding is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQqnz7gV95Q&t=182s

And he's so inspired he's decided to run for congress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guEQFbYdkf0

The same black conservative analyzing the video of black nationalist and reparations advocate Dr. Umar Johnson (he accidentally calls him "Umar Thurman" lol) talking about the problem blacks have with being "wedded" to the democratic party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_n276XpIXo

Oh, and Trump and other republicans actually doing something about criminal "just us" reform isn't lost on blacks either. Well....it's lost on some blacks who are too mesmerized by the media to actually think for themselves. (One well meaning but mesmerized young black pastor in my own Seventh Day Adventist church went on a rant on Facebook about how the SDA world church should oppose our current president because of him "causing" mass incarceration, when it was really democrat Bill Clinton who caused the spike in mass incarceration and Trump who is working to undo it. And it's said the hate and unfair treatment Dr. Ben Carson gets from the black SDA leadership when he has risen higher in American government than any other SDA of any race with the possible exception of Navy Chaplin Barry Black who became chaplain of the U.S. Senate and who is also African American. I mentioned OU president Pollard. At an Oakwood Homecoming he took a swipe at Dr. Carson for saying African slaves were immigrants when Barack Obama said the same damn thing!)

Anyway, personal rant against ignorant people in my own church aside, many black people are noticing. Even former Obama cabinet official Van Jones has noticed.

Van Jones praising Trump on prison reform.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoTZZDqvGS4

Van Jones pointing out that Clinton and Biden caused the problem with the 1994 crime bill and Trump is fixing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2Ms6iCf0nQ

Van Jones at CPAC.

CNN gave ^that video a wrong and controversial title. No woman "confronted" Van Jones at CPAC. At least not in that video. The woman in the thumbnail at 1:30 disagreed with Van Jones because she thinks Trump is a great president even though she is an immigrant.

Here is Van Jones on a panel discussion at CPAC. Note that he doesn't just praise Trump but also Republican governors for leading the charge on criminal justice reform.

In Tennessee our own republican governor just this year had a task force work on recommendations for criminal justice reform.

https://www.wkrn.com/news/tennessee-...ased-thursday/

Of course Ron Paul deserves credit for putting this issue into the consciousness of the Republican Party.

And (some) blacks have noticed Trump's "opportunity zones" to increase private investment in the inner city.

This has not been lost on black rapper "KingFace."

https://youtu.be/W6T_qoVoU5U

Here is a former black nationalist who supports Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrwtyGYb0sg

So....all of this begs the question as to why do I as an African American not support Trump? I don't trust him on gun control, I don't like his willingness to use face scanning cameras (glad he finally walked back putting them out of the airports, but still bothered that they are included in the border wall proposal), I don't like the massive increase in military spending at a time we should be cutting, I don't like him pulling out of the Iran nuke deal, I don't like him "picking winners and losers" when it comes to federal funding and criticism of Israel (if you're going to cut all federal funding to any university that does any political advocacy that's a different matter altogether), I don't like what's going on with the USMCA, I don't like Trump restricting travel to Cuba, I don't like how he gave Saudi Arabia a pass on genocide and straight up murder (though I realize every other president has done the same) and I think he says some asinine things. Okay, let me rephrase that. I think he says a lot of asinine things. But when it comes to doing things that actually harm the black community, I can't think of any. Yeah he gives policy brutality a pass...but so did President Obama.

But I also think Trump is malleable, and that's good and a bad thing. I'm glad he listened to the HBCU presidents. I am glad he listened to Kanye and Kim Kardasian West on criminal justice reform. It bothers me that he would let a snake like John Bolton in his cabinet at all...but at least Bolton is gone. It bothers me that William Barr is allowed to falsely claim that Jeffery Epstein killed himself when everybody knows that isn't true. Loyalty is a premium for Trump over almost anything else. I am concerned that at the wrong time he might be loyal to the wrong people.

Okay....that post was longer than I meant it to be. Anyway, that's why I disagree with @Swordsmyth's assertion that Trump is an "undercover democrat." He's doing things I would expect democrats to do both for better and for worse. The only real modern Republican thing he's doing is restricting immigration, and for a while it really looked like he was going to cave on that. I give Nancy Pelosi some credit for accidentally giving Trump a backbone on that issue. Trump initially declared "victory" on their wall deal, then dumbass Nancy went around saying "It's really not a wall...it's a fence" which caused conservatives like Ann Coulter and even Sean Hannity to jump Trump's case over this issue which (IMO) caused Trump to go hardcore.

Edit: Oh and I initially embedded 14 video in this response but the system only allows a maximum of 6 so that's why I have so many of them as links instead.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

Last edited by Voluntarist; 01-21-2020 at 07:22 AM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

How about a Rassmusen poll?

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...g_black_voters

That said, job approval and willingness to actually vote for the man might not line up.

You've probably seen the following on the internet before:
    “A properly functioning democracy depends on an informed electorate ...”
    ... seen it attributed to Thomas Jefferson and just accepted it because it's been repeated so often. The problem is that it's never been traced back to anything that Jefferson ever said or wrote. It's become an accepted Jefferson quote; and yet, in all likelihood, he never uttered the words.

I'd love to run with the data mentioned in the OP. Chances are, though, the data bears no resemblance to reality. And until someone can point me to the actual polling reports, so I can analyze the data for myself, it's just some Trump supporter's wet dream. Pointing me to a WND story that references a tweet that tells me that someone found the data is just crap. I moved to the MidWest in 1994 and some of that Missouri "Show Me' skepticism has rubbed off on me.

There are a lot of lazy-assed SOBs on this forum who seem to get a hoot out of being the first to post third-person or fourth-person hearsay without ever actually driving down the report/story/article chain to find if it's true or not. It's not that I'm really disappointed in the behavior - it is, after all, the worst of the internet. I laugh at it though because it reminds me of my dog pissing on every fire hydrant, fence post and tree trunk to mark it as his.

As for where the Rasmussen numbers came from, see:
    https://twitter.com/Rasmussen_Poll/s...98363764056066
    ... it's the closest I've been able to get to the actual numbers (and @Rasmussen Reports seems to be saying "this analysis came from a rabid Trump supporter, so take it with a grain of salt". There's a snapshot of a piece of the data - but it's incomplete, so you can put any spin you want on it. Until someone shows me an actual polling report with all the data, though, I can't do a thing with it.

As for the Emerson numbers - sorry, I can't find them or get anywhere near them if they exist ... and I'm tired of looking.

So,for the OP, I'll just mark it as:

Red tsunami! Blue ebb tide!
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Trump asked blacks:

"What could it hurt?"

It’s both economic and the immigration issue. In areas with a lot of immigration from China and India, blacks and Hispanics have become tired of immigration from across the pacific. The left had convinced them that it was (many) white Americans who were racist and discriminatory. They didn’t know what was in store for them with the importation of people from a caste system (India), or a homogeneous society that discriminates and makes fun of outsiders (Chinese).

The real dilemma for some Hispanics is how to oppose immigration from Asia, yet support more immigration from south of the border. Not all Hispanics though. Many of them (3rd generation or more) are opposed to all immigration.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Last edited by Voluntarist; 01-21-2020 at 07:24 AM.

JMD - Thanks for the poll. My error had been in searching for "support for" (as in the OP's posting subject line) rather than "job approval". And your comment above mirrors what AF said earlier.

The margin of error on that portion of the Rasmussen tracking poll is +/- 9%; so it's hard to say that any move less than 9% is worthy of note. I would like to follow the demographic breakdown of the Approval Tracking Poll in subsequent weeks to see how it changed (this one was from six months ago - hardly recent); but Rasmussen doesn't provide demographics for free, it runs about $20 a month.

So it's another misleading thread title. Trump's job approval among blacks is at that level, not Trump's support among blacks.
    Misleading? Perhaps. But not insignificant. Bush's job approval rating among blacks in 2005 was only 16%.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/17350/b...mains-low.aspx

Bush got 11% of the black vote in 2004.

https://ropercenter.cornell.edu/how-groups-voted-2004

So nearly 80% of the blacks that approved of Bush's performance as president voted for him. If Trump gets a mere 50% of the blacks who give him a positive job approval rating to actually vote for him in 2020 that would be pretty significant. But who knows what will happen?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast