Thread: Top-5 Reasons to Not Trust Sheriffs: Virginia 2nd Amendment Sanctuary Edition

Top-5 Reasons to Not Trust Sheriffs: Virginia 2nd Amendment Sanctuary Edition

"The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wouldn't trust a sheriff to protect my life.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Meh, yes and no. Have the Sheriffs ignored the 1934 gun control act? no. Would they oppose a general gun confiscation? I believe, at least in south western Virginia, that the Sheriffs would. The city and county police? who knows? For the counties that claimed to be 2A sanctuaries and refuse to fund those types of operations, then the police would be (in theory) handcuffed. I don't think this is as cut and dry as described. I think Michael is right in that one shouldn't think that the resolutions and Sheriff statements are game changers, but to think they're going to go along with some of the more draconian proposed laws is a stretch. Probably just more of the same.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

I have not and will not trust anyone with qualified immunity and a monopoly on violence. They will serve whoever is filling their feed bowls and it sure the hell isn't us.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.