Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 182

Thread: More farce: The House isn't sending impeachment to the Senate

  1. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Why are you asking if I think you're somebody else? There's no reason whatsoever to believe I do. Which seems to indicate that's just a lame attempt to distract people from the fact that you haven't been able to back up one single claim you've made in this thread.



    Anyone can see you're confirming what he said. Do you think you're fooling anyone into believing you successfully contradicted him?
    I'm not confirming anything he said.

    He keeps lying about what I said and I proved that he was wrong and that Congress will eventually adjourn and invalidate the articles of impeachment if they haven't been sent to the Senate.

    Stop digging, you don't want to be stuck in a hole with zippy.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    So when I expose your untrue statements, you think I should retype what Brian already typed, or you'll use the fact I didn't in a desperate attempt to distract people from the fact your statements aren't true?

    So what?
    You exposed nothing and you gave an example of Brian4liberty that you claimed was somehow an example of me.

    You are losing contact with reality.

  4. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You are the one trying to distract, I never said when they would adjourn.
    I said when they do (and they will) it will invalidate the articles of impeachment if they don't send them to the Senate.
    You raised the issue knowing it was irrelevant. But you got your post count up. Maybe a year-end bonus for Christmas presents?

  5. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    It doesn't specify the process- only says that the House of Representatives alone have the power to impeach.
    Which is why logic and basic legal principles take over.

    The impeachment is the filing of the articles with the Senate not the vote on what articles to file.

  6. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You are the one trying to distract, I never said when they would adjourn.
    I said when they do (and they will) it will invalidate the articles of impeachment if they don't send them to the Senate.
    You and who else? The Constitution doesn't say that. If the subject were to actually come up, either the delay would be ignored or the issue would go to court.

    Is it a genetic defect that causes certain people to declare baseless opinions as fact?

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Which is why logic and basic legal principles take over.

    The impeachment is the filing of the articles with the Senate not the vote on what articles to file.
    The Constitution does not say that. Nobody but you is saying that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    My tax dollars paid to fund ISIS and make fake beheading videos. Are you saying we shouldn't get our monies worth??

  7. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    ...
    Admittedly the subject has never come up. But the Constitution does not prevent the Senate from doing its duty and holding a trial even if the House sends them nothing at all. Does it?
    The Constitution doesn’t specify much in detail. The impeachment has been voted on, and the vote was final. Now it is in the hands of the Senate. To say that the Speaker of the House has the ability to squelch, veto, or not “pass on” the Impeachment would be an entirely new constitutional power granted to the Speaker out of thin air.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.



  8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  9. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    You raised the issue knowing it was irrelevant. But you got your post count up. Maybe a year-end bonus for Christmas presents?
    LOL

    It's not irrelevant at all.

    Pelosi will have failed to impeach if she hangs on to the articles in her abuse of power to attempt to blackmail the Senate to follow rules chosen by the House when the Constitution empowers the Senate to run the trial.

  10. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Which is why logic and basic legal principles take over.

    The impeachment is the filing of the articles with the Senate not the vote on what articles to file.
    Link? Only the House can impeach. Any action with or by the Senate is not required.

    The House of Representatives...shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.

    ARTICLE I, SECTION 2, CLAUSE 5
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-20-2019 at 05:45 PM.

  11. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You and who else? The Constitution doesn't say that. If the subject were to actually come up, either the delay would be ignored or the issue would go to court.

    Is it a genetic defect that causes certain people to declare baseless opinions as fact?



    The Constitution does not say that. Nobody but you is saying that.
    The Constitution doesn't say a lot of things because logic and basic legal principle were well known to the writers.
    The act of impeachment is the filing of charges not the choosing of charges and any House business that is incomplete at the time of adjournment is invalidated.

  12. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    . Adjournment is usually just the official end of the legislative day. If they want to adjourn for more than three days, both Houses must approve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Adjournment for the day is not the same as adjournment for the year:


    When Congress Adjourns

    In order for either chamber of Congress to adjourn for the year -- or to adjourn for any period longer than three days -- it must obtain permission from the other chamber of Congress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I'm not confirming anything he said.
    Then who else is posting on your account?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    My tax dollars paid to fund ISIS and make fake beheading videos. Are you saying we shouldn't get our monies worth??

  13. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Then who else is posting on your account?
    What do you think you have proven?

  14. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Link? Only the House can impeach. Any action with or by the Senate is not required.
    Yes, the House has the power to impeach BY FILING ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT WITH THE SENATE.

  15. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Yes, the house has the power to impeach BY FILING ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT WITH THE SENATE.
    I see. The usual. You are unable to provide any evidence back up your claim so you just toss up some phrases from the guidebook.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    If you ask him to back something up he will declare he already did (even though he didn't) instead of trying to prove his scripted point. Or toss out some other cliches.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-20-2019 at 05:51 PM.

  16. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    What do you think you have proven?
    I confirmed you confirmed something he said. Which you denied.

    What
    Does
    That
    Make
    You
    ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    My tax dollars paid to fund ISIS and make fake beheading videos. Are you saying we shouldn't get our monies worth??



  17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  18. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I confirmed you confirmed something he said. Which you denied.

    What
    Does
    That
    Make
    You
    ?
    That doesn't confirm what he said.

    You truncated what he said.

    Here is the full exchange:


    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Originally Posted by Swordsmyth

    And?

    I didn't say they weren't.

    I said if/when they adjourn it will invalidate the articles of impeachment that they approved but haven't filed with the Senate.
    False.

    https://www.heritage.org/constitutio...24/adjournment

    Recesses do not interrupt the legislative process.


    and they are in holiday recess. Adjournment is usually just the official end of the legislative day. If they want to adjourn for more than three days, both Houses must approve.
    What I said was NOT false and not what he claimed I said nor is the daily adjourment the only kind of adjournment or the relevant kind.

    Stop digging that hole.

  19. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I see. The usual. You are unable to provide any evidence back up your claim so you just toss up some phrases from the guidebook.
    You are unable to make an argument against logic and the facts of the legal system so you insult your opponent.

    AGAIN.

  20. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You are unable to make an argument against logic and the facts of the legal system so you insult your opponent.

    AGAIN.
    Thank you for so thoroughly documenting the law. No lawyer can possibly argue with the facts you provided!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    If you ask him to back something up he will declare he already did (even though he didn't) instead of trying to prove his scripted point. Or toss out some other cliches.

  21. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Thank you for so thoroughly documenting the law. No lawyer can possibly argue with the facts you provided!
    LOL

    If I and my club decide to sue someone and we hold a vote on it but don't file the papers have we sued anyone?

    It's basic logic and legal principles.

    You are unable to make an argument against logic and the facts of the legal system so you insult your opponent.

    AGAIN.

  22. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That doesn't confirm what he said.

    You truncated what he said.

    Here is the full exchange:



    What I said was NOT false and not what he claimed I said nor is the daily adjourment the only kind of adjournment or the relevant kind.

    Stop digging that hole.
    You can't even point to the specific exchange that backs that claim up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    My tax dollars paid to fund ISIS and make fake beheading videos. Are you saying we shouldn't get our monies worth??

  23. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You can't even point to the specific exchange that backs that claim up.

  24. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    And narcolepsy is no excuse for spewing falsehoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    My tax dollars paid to fund ISIS and make fake beheading videos. Are you saying we shouldn't get our monies worth??

  25. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    And narcolepsy is no excuse for spewing falsehoods.
    I can't help it if your lies and insanity bore me.



  26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  27. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I can't help it if your lies and insanity bore me.
    What? You're still awake?

    You just feigned sleep to get out of backing up what you said? You didn't outgrow that strategem when you turned six?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    My tax dollars paid to fund ISIS and make fake beheading videos. Are you saying we shouldn't get our monies worth??

  28. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    What? You're still awake?

    You just feigned sleep to get out of backing up what you said? You didn't outgrow that strategem when you turned six?

  29. #115
    That answers that question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    My tax dollars paid to fund ISIS and make fake beheading videos. Are you saying we shouldn't get our monies worth??

  30. #116
    @acptulsa @Zippyjuan


    Impeachment is a process and the Senate is the court that controls it.

    Here are the current Senate rules regarding impeachment. This was passed by the Senate back in 1986.
    https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory...hmentRules.pdf



    The PDF is not OCRed, but here is a screen cap of the first bit of the 7 page document:



    As you can see, the House MUST carry the articles of impeachment to the Senate in order to "conduct an impeachment".

  31. #117
    Today I learned that the Senate's rules amend the Constitution.
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

  32. #118
    They could wait until the election is close, if they think a percentage of the electorate won't vote for someone currently on trial. The problem with that is their nominee won't be able to campaign unless Buttigieg is the nominee.

  33. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Today I learned that the Senate's rules amend the Constitution.
    Please quote the relevant part of the Constitution.

    HINT: it doesn't say that the House can impeach without filing charges with the Senate.

  34. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    They could wait until the election is close, if they think a percentage of the electorate won't vote for someone currently on trial. The problem with that is their nominee won't be able to campaign unless Buttigieg is the nominee.
    The bigger problem is that the public isn't that stupid and they would likely inspire more people to vote for Trump.

    The Demoncrat party may just be the first group to go bankrupt underestimating the intelligence of the American public.



  35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Impeachment Vote Today: Constitutional Duty Or Political Farce?
    By Brian4Liberty in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-18-2019, 09:30 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-21-2019, 01:26 PM
  3. The Impeachment Farce: Will The 'Smoking Gun' Backfire?
    By Brian4Liberty in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2019, 09:37 AM
  4. Senate approves fast-track, sending trade bill to White House
    By charrob in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-24-2015, 08:28 PM
  5. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 05:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •