Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 182

Thread: More farce: The House isn't sending impeachment to the Senate

  1. #1

    More farce: The House isn't sending impeachment to the Senate

    Seemingly overlooked by most, when the House voted on the ‘rules of impeachment’ they removed the traditional appointment of House Managers to a later date.
    Normally the House Managers would be appointed at the same time as the impeachment vote; however, by withholding the appointment House Democrats are indicating they will not immediately send articles of impeachment to the senate but will rather hold the articles as support for pending court cases toward their judicial authority.
    A cunning Lawfare ploy.

    As interested observers will note the House never voted to authorize the full judicial impeachment process; instead they voted to approve an inquiry into whether an impeachment should take place. By not voting to authorize articles of impeachment the House never gainedjudicial enforcement authority‘. The absence of judicial authority is now working its way through the courts in various cases.
    It appears the absence of appointing House impeachment managers; and the decision to withhold sending the articles of impeachment to the Senate; is now a specific design.
    As the process appears to be unfolding, the Lawfare contracted lawyers representing the House: chief legal counsel Douglas Letter, Barry Berke, Norm Eisen and Daniel Goldman will now argue before the courts that all of the constitutionally contended material is required as evidence for a pending judicial proceeding, a trial in the Senate.

    What the house crew have assembled is an interesting back-door attempt to position a valid claim for evidence against the accused without having first gained judicial authority for it. The Lawfare crew will argue to the lower courts, and to SCOTUS, the blocked evidentiary material is critical evidence in a soon-to-be-held Senate trial.
    The material they have been seeking is: (1) Mueller grand jury material; (2) a deposition by former White House counsel Don McGahn; and less importantly (3) Trump financial and tax records. Each of these issues is currently being argued in appellate courts (6e and McGahn) and the supreme court (financials/taxes).


    Now the delay in sending the articles of impeachment allows the House lawyers to gather additional evidence while the impeachment case sits in limbo.
    The House essentially blocks any/all impeachment activity in the Senate by denying the transfer of the articles from the House to the Senate. Additionally, the House will now impede any other Senate legislative action because the House will hold the Senate captive. Meanwhile the Democrat presidential candidates can run against an impeached President.
    Lawfare’s legal svengali Lawrence Tribe recently penned an op-ed with this type of recommendation; and it appears the community that worships Tribe, including the House lawyers writ large, are following his advice.
    While Politico outlines the plan from a position if the scheme as a new idea, the fact the House impeachment rules were changed to drop the appointment of the managers speaks to considerable forethought on this type of plan.

    More at: https://theconservativetreehouse.com...s-from-senate/


    This is not an impeachment.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    They may drag the process but would be surprised if it did not go to Senate. This does hurt GOPA wing's future in US Politics.

    That said, even if his image is tarnished after impeachment by House, chances are slim to none that Senate would remove "The most pro-Israel President in US history" considering that Senate is usually considered 'Israel country'.

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    They may drag the process but would be surprised if it did not go to Senate. This does hurt GOPA wing's future in US Politics.

    That said, even if his image is tarnished after impeachment by House, chances are slim to none that Senate would remove "The most pro-Israel President in US history" considering that Senate is usually considered 'Israel country'.
    This would hurt GOPA wing's future in US Politics? are you serious? this would hurt the democrats.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    This would hurt GOPA wing's future in US Politics? are you serious? this would hurt the democrats.
    GOPA wing's top donors and various top leaders are democrats apparently; before he was kicked out of WH, conservatives risisng star Steven Bannon also used to refer to most influential WHite House advisors as Democarts, Jarvanka etc. allegedly.

  6. #5
    Hubris – Nancy Pelosi Declares: “the senate rules are unfair” – “when rules become fair we will send articles”…

    The entire House effort to impeach President Donald Trump has been a one-sided partisan effort; built upon a foundation of manipulation of process and dismissal of the minority rights throughout.

    After the House voted along party lines, and in an act of stunning hubris, Speaker Pelosi now declares she will withhold the articles of impeachment until the Senate makes rules that she determines will be “fair” to the prosecution. [Video at 09:00 prompted]





    Nancy Pelosi: "We have legislation approved…that will enable to decide how we send over the articles of impeachment."
    "We cannot name managers until we see what the process is on the Senate side…so far we haven't seen anything that looks fair to us." https://t.co/KV8jBJCHcL pic.twitter.com/LcgasQXGHv
    — ABC News Politics (@ABCPolitics) December 19, 2019


    https://theconservativetreehouse.com...send-articles/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  7. #6
    Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) appears to be considering an idea Democrats have floated for several days of holding back the articles of impeachment to exercise leverage over the Senate and the president.
    She declined formally to transmit the articles to the Senate on Wednesday evening after the House voted to impeach President Donald Trump.
    Unfortunately for them, the Senate can act, regardless — and would vote to acquit.
    That’s because the Constitution is absolutely clear about the Senate’s authority. Article I, Section 3 says: “The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments.”
    That is all.
    The Chief Justice presides over a trial involving the president, but the Senate makes the rules. And the Senate is controlled by Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), who regards what the House has done with contempt.
    You’re in Cocaine Mitch’s court, now.
    Politico outlined Democrats’ new idea, citing constitutional lawyer Laurence Tribe (but, interestingly, not the Constitution itself). Pelosi hopes to pressure McConnell into holding a “fair trial” — this, after she and her party broke every relevant House rule and precedent, and several Amendments in the Bill of Rights, all in the name of their “sole Power of Impeachment.”
    They forget that a “fair trial” applies to the accused, not the accuser, and has since 1215.
    Set aside, for the moment, that holding onto the articles of impeachment would contradict everything Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) and the Democrats have said for weeks about the “urgency” of impeachment. They needed to stop him before he could “cheat in the next election,” we were told — that’s why the House could not wait for the courts to rule on the White House’s resistance to stop congressional subpoenas.
    All of that would be exposed as a lie.
    If Pelosi refuses to submit the articles of impeachment to the Senate, McConnell can convene the Senate anyway, summon the Chief Justice, and swear in the Senators as jurors. Democrats can boycott, but they can’t stop the trial.
    McConnell can then propose to dismiss the charges or even hold a vote to acquit the president.
    Pelosi can hide the articles of impeachment in Adam Schiff’s basement forever, and it won’t make a bit of difference.
    Case closed.


    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-constitution/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Seemingly overlooked by most, when the House voted on the ‘rules of impeachment’ they removed the traditional appointment of House Managers to a later date.
    Normally the House Managers would be appointed at the same time as the impeachment vote; however, by withholding the appointment House Democrats are indicating they will not immediately send articles of impeachment to the senate but will rather hold the articles as support for pending court cases toward their judicial authority.
    A cunning Lawfare ploy.

    As interested observers will note the House never voted to authorize the full judicial impeachment process; instead they voted to approve an inquiry into whether an impeachment should take place. By not voting to authorize articles of impeachment the House never gainedjudicial enforcement authority‘. The absence of judicial authority is now working its way through the courts in various cases.
    It appears the absence of appointing House impeachment managers; and the decision to withhold sending the articles of impeachment to the Senate; is now a specific design.
    As the process appears to be unfolding, the Lawfare contracted lawyers representing the House: chief legal counsel Douglas Letter, Barry Berke, Norm Eisen and Daniel Goldman will now argue before the courts that all of the constitutionally contended material is required as evidence for a pending judicial proceeding, a trial in the Senate.

    What the house crew have assembled is an interesting back-door attempt to position a valid claim for evidence against the accused without having first gained judicial authority for it. The Lawfare crew will argue to the lower courts, and to SCOTUS, the blocked evidentiary material is critical evidence in a soon-to-be-held Senate trial.
    The material they have been seeking is: (1) Mueller grand jury material; (2) a deposition by former White House counsel Don McGahn; and less importantly (3) Trump financial and tax records. Each of these issues is currently being argued in appellate courts (6e and McGahn) and the supreme court (financials/taxes).


    Now the delay in sending the articles of impeachment allows the House lawyers to gather additional evidence while the impeachment case sits in limbo.
    The House essentially blocks any/all impeachment activity in the Senate by denying the transfer of the articles from the House to the Senate. Additionally, the House will now impede any other Senate legislative action because the House will hold the Senate captive. Meanwhile the Democrat presidential candidates can run against an impeached President.
    Lawfare’s legal svengali Lawrence Tribe recently penned an op-ed with this type of recommendation; and it appears the community that worships Tribe, including the House lawyers writ large, are following his advice.
    While Politico outlines the plan from a position if the scheme as a new idea, the fact the House impeachment rules were changed to drop the appointment of the managers speaks to considerable forethought on this type of plan.

    More at: https://theconservativetreehouse.com...s-from-senate/


    This is not an impeachment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) appears to be considering an idea Democrats have floated for several days of holding back the articles of impeachment to exercise leverage over the Senate and the president.
    She declined formally to transmit the articles to the Senate on Wednesday evening after the House voted to impeach President Donald Trump.
    Unfortunately for them, the Senate can act, regardless — and would vote to acquit.
    That’s because the Constitution is absolutely clear about the Senate’s authority. Article I, Section 3 says: “The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments.”
    That is all.
    The Chief Justice presides over a trial involving the president, but the Senate makes the rules. And the Senate is controlled by Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), who regards what the House has done with contempt.
    You’re in Cocaine Mitch’s court, now.
    Politico outlined Democrats’ new idea, citing constitutional lawyer Laurence Tribe (but, interestingly, not the Constitution itself). Pelosi hopes to pressure McConnell into holding a “fair trial” — this, after she and her party broke every relevant House rule and precedent, and several Amendments in the Bill of Rights, all in the name of their “sole Power of Impeachment.”
    They forget that a “fair trial” applies to the accused, not the accuser, and has since 1215.
    Set aside, for the moment, that holding onto the articles of impeachment would contradict everything Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) and the Democrats have said for weeks about the “urgency” of impeachment. They needed to stop him before he could “cheat in the next election,” we were told — that’s why the House could not wait for the courts to rule on the White House’s resistance to stop congressional subpoenas.
    All of that would be exposed as a lie.
    If Pelosi refuses to submit the articles of impeachment to the Senate, McConnell can convene the Senate anyway, summon the Chief Justice, and swear in the Senators as jurors. Democrats can boycott, but they can’t stop the trial.
    McConnell can then propose to dismiss the charges or even hold a vote to acquit the president.
    Pelosi can hide the articles of impeachment in Adam Schiff’s basement forever, and it won’t make a bit of difference.
    Case closed.


    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-constitution/
    Did anyone notice these two articles completely contradict each other?

    By the way, breitbart is right for once. The treehouse is full of bird $#@!.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    My tax dollars paid to fund ISIS and make fake beheading videos. Are you saying we shouldn't get our monies worth??

  9. #8
    The majority of the Senate doesn't even support impeaching Trump.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    So what? Have you heard what the Senate has said?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I'm going to need to be told the details before I accept the narrative about this.
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

  12. #10
    Mitch McConnell threatened on Thursday to cancel Donald Trump's impeachment trial in the Senate if 'scared' Nancy Pelosi refuses to send him the formal articles of impeachment that Democrats passed Wednesday night.
    The Speaker of the House and the Senate Majority leader went to war over next steps in the impeachment process, with Pelosi slamming McConnell as a 'rogue leader'⁠—and he blasted her indictment of the president as 'slapdash' and 'unfair.'
    The dispute exploded into the open the morning after Democrats voted to impeach Trump, with the president bragging he coulld prevaIl by 'default.'
    'If the Do Nothing Democrats decide, in their great wisdom, not to show up, they would lose by Default!,' Trump argued on Twitter of his upcoming Senate trial, which is now in doubt.
    Pelosi has to transmit the articles of impeachment and appoint 'managers' to prosecute the president. She offered no timeline, saying she wanted to see the Senate's plan for a 'fair trial,' effectively holding the articles over McConnell's and Trump's heads.
    McConnell, who previously said he wanted to hold a trial in January, responded: 'It's beyond me how the Speaker and Democratic Leader in the Senate think withholding the articles of impeachment and not sending them over gives them leverage.'
    'Frankly, I'm not anxious to have the trial. If she thinks her case is so weak she doesn't want to send it over, throw me into that briar patch.'


    He and the president both blasted Pelosi for refusing to move to the next step, with Trump unleashing a storm of tweets and retweets and venting: 'PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT.'
    McConnell also criticized Democrats on the Senate floor, accusing them of creating what he called an 'unfair, unfinished product'—Tcharges rump that stemmed from 'partisan rage.'
    Calling Pelosi's work 'constitutionally incoherent,' he said impeaching a president on the basis of political disagreements would 'invite an endless parade of impeachable trials' in the future, making House leaders 'free to toss up a jump-ball every time they feel angry.'
    'She's failed the country,' McConnell said.
    'It was like the speaker called up Chairman [Jerrold] Nadler and ordered up "One impeachment, rushed delivery, please".'


    Pelosi herself held a press conference after McConnell spoke and offered no hint on when she would move.
    'Just to get this off the table right away, we impeached the president immediately and everybody was on to the next thing,' she said.
    'The next thing will be when we see the process that is set forth in the Senate. Then we'll know the number of managers that we may have to go forward and who we would choose.'
    And she grew testy as reporters pressed her for more details on when the two articles of impeachment will end up on McConnell's desk.
    'I'm not going to answer anymore questions on this. Clearly you understand when we see what their process is we will know who and how many we want to send over, not until then. I'm not going to go there anymore,' Pelosi said.


    In the Senate, McConnell declared that 'their slapdash process has concluded in the first purely partisan presidential impeachment since the wake of the Civil War.'
    Citing previous House votes that fell short of authorizing impeachment inquiries, he said Democrats had 'tried to impeach President Trump for being impolite to the press, for being mean to professional athletes, for changing President Obama's policy on transgender people in the military.'
    'All of these things were high crimes and misdemeanors according to the Democrats,' he said.
    McConnell cited Democrats' earlier pledges to impeach Trump as proof that Wednesday's vote 'was not some neutral judgment that Democrats came to with great reluctance. It was the predetermined end of a partisan crusade that began before President Trump was even nominated, let alone sworn in.'
    House Democrats have begun pressing Pelosi to force the Senate to tailor the upcoming constitutional trial to their wishes—by refusing to send the articles of impeachment to McConnell until he agrees to their terms.


    McConnell called her bluff, saying she's afraid to hand him the baton because she knows the articles are weak.
    'Pelosi suggested that House Democrats may be too afraid to even transmit their shoddy work product to the Senate,' he will say, mocking her suggestion in a post-vote press conference that she'll hold the two articles over his head until he agrees to a 'fair' trial.

    More at: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-leverage.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    So what? Have you heard what the Senate has said?
    I do like how so many in the senate will swear to be an impartial justice according to the constitution and yet have already tweeted they won't be. What happened to the days of at least appearing to follow the rules? That seems silly to reveal your intent to not follow an oath.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

    BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    I do like how so many in the senate will swear to be an impartial justice according to the constitution and yet have already tweeted they won't be. What happened to the days of at least appearing to follow the rules?
    The House destroyed them.
    The only impartial justice possible is to totally reject this farce.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  15. #13
    I'll just leave this here.


    the woman has lost her marbles.

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I'll just leave this here.


    the woman has lost her marbles.
    Looks like she's on a good one.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I'll just leave this here.


    the woman has lost her marbles.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Looks like she's on a good one.
    I think she's receiving a blowjob from someone hiding in the podium
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

  18. #16
    His high crimes must not be a pressing issue.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    So what? Have you heard what the Senate has said?
    Ya, the Senators are saying the same thing as Ron Paul. This is all a farce... It's complete bull$#@!, and you are either really dumb or a bull$#@! artist if you are promoting any of it.
    Last edited by dannno; 12-19-2019 at 06:07 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    I do like how so many in the senate will swear to be an impartial justice according to the constitution and yet have already tweeted they won't be. What happened to the days of at least appearing to follow the rules? That seems silly to reveal your intent to not follow an oath.
    The Republicans are saying the same thing as Ron Paul, so I'm not sure what your point is.

    This is all a complete farce, it's a coup...

    Did you not see the video of Biden bragging about withholding $1 billion from Ukraine if they didn't fire the prosecutor who was looking into corruption and money laundering at his son's company Burisma?

    If Trump knew about that, and didn't reach out to Ukraine to get help investigating, then I think we should have impeached him. Of course he should investigate corruption. That is the President's job. It's really obvious the Democrats are trying to hide their own crimes here, what else could possibly be going on??

    I mean, Biden isn't even running against Trump yet. Biden is running against Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren and other Democrats. Trump did the Democrats a huge favor by exposing all this long before the primary election. What the $#@! else do you want?


    Last edited by dannno; 12-19-2019 at 06:10 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  22. #19
    Dems are afraid of witnesses called in the senate trial. So many will go down.
    Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer

    Ⅎ˥ƎSWIH ˥˥I⋊ ⊥,NᗡIᗡ N
    IƎ⊥SԀƎ

    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  23. #20
    While Nancy Pelosi threatens to withhold articles of impeachment passed Wednesday night by the House, Harvard Law Professor Noah Feldmansays that President Trump isn't technically impeached until the House actually transmits the articles to the Senate.

    Feldman, who testified in front of the House Judiciary Committee's impeachment proceedings earlier this month, argues in a Bloomberg Op-Ed that the framers' definition of impeachment "assumed that impeachment was a process, not just a House vote," and that "Strictly speaking, "impeachment" occurred – and occurs -- when the articles of impeachment are presented to the Senate for trial. And at that point, the Senate is obliged by the Constitution to hold a trial."
    If the House does not communicate its impeachment to the Senate, it hasn’t actually impeached the president. If the articles are not transmitted, Trump could legitimately say that he wasn’t truly impeached at all.
    That’s because “impeachment” under the Constitution means the House sending its approved articles of to the Senate, with House managers standing up in the Senate and saying the president is impeached.
    As for the headlines we saw after the House vote saying, “TRUMP IMPEACHED,” those are a media shorthand, not a technically correct legal statement. So far, the House has voted to impeach (future tense) Trump. He isn’t impeached (past tense) until the articles go to the Senate and the House members deliver the message. -Noah Feldman


    There's more:
    But we can say with some confidence that only the Senate is empowered to judge the fairness of its own trial – that’s what the “sole power to try all impeachments” means.
    If the House votes to “impeach” but doesn’t send the articles to the Senate or send impeachment managers there to carry its message, it hasn’t directly violated the text of the Constitution. But the House would be acting against the implicit logic of the Constitution’s description of impeachment.
    A president who has been genuinely impeached must constitutionally have the opportunity to defend himself before the Senate. That’s built into the constitutional logic of impeachment, which demands a trial before removal.
    To be sure, if the House just never sends its articles of impeachment to the Senate, there can be no trial there. That’s what the “sole power to impeach” means.
    In closing, Feldman says "if the House never sends the articles, then Trump could say with strong justification that he was never actually impeached," adding "And that’s probably not the message Congressional Democrats are hoping to send."



    More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...rvard-law-prof
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Dems are afraid of witnesses called in the senate trial. So many will go down.
    EXACTLY THIS. They never wanted it to go to trial because then many of them will be exposed. This is all a last ditch effort to tarnish Trump before November’s vote. They are panicking and acting rashly and with no direction or plan. ‘We are watching the systematic destruction of the old guard’. ‘Pain is coming’.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    EXACTLY THIS. They never wanted it to go to trial because then many of them will be exposed. This is all a last ditch effort to tarnish Trump before November’s vote. They are panicking and acting rashly and with no direction or plan. ‘We are watching the systematic destruction of the old guard’. ‘Pain is coming’.
    Lindsey and Cocaine Mitch will never allow the witnesses POTUS asks for. Would take them down too. Unfortunately the most likely scenario is that this gets laughed out of the Senate.

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    His high crimes must not be a pressing issue.
    Only when its politically expedient

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    Lindsey and Cocaine Mitch will never allow the witnesses POTUS asks for. Would take them down too. Unfortunately the most likely scenario is that this gets laughed out of the Senate.
    Justice will catch up with them and it will go harder if they don't cooperate.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    Lindsey and Cocaine Mitch will never allow the witnesses POTUS asks for. Would take them down too. Unfortunately the most likely scenario is that this gets laughed out of the Senate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Justice will catch up with them and it will go harder if they don't cooperate.

    Exactly. Whatever dirt the DS has on these clowns, Trump and his military intel already know. Their best chance is to play the role assigned to them. And in this instance, it is to goad the Dems into a senate trial. What makes a good movie? Good actors.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

  30. #26
    So far , exactly as I expected.
    Do something Danke

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I'll just leave this here.


    the woman has lost her marbles.
    Wait a minute. Was that reporter she was talking to named "Nancy" or did "Nancy" just get hella confused?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  32. #28
    McConnell should forget the impeachment and start a senate investigation into 2016 election meddling by the Ukraine and the actions of Joe and Hunter Biden.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I'll just leave this here.


    the woman has lost her marbles.
    She never had any marbles to begin with.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    McConnell should forget the impeachment and start a senate investigation into 2016 election meddling by the Ukraine and the actions of Joe and Hunter Biden.
    Yes, he should. But impeachment is a distraction, that's one of the things they're trying to distract our attention away from, and the overwhelming majority of Democrats and Republicans are working together to do it.

    Therefore, he won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    My tax dollars paid to fund ISIS and make fake beheading videos. Are you saying we shouldn't get our monies worth??

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Impeachment Vote Today: Constitutional Duty Or Political Farce?
    By Brian4Liberty in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-18-2019, 09:30 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-21-2019, 01:26 PM
  3. The Impeachment Farce: Will The 'Smoking Gun' Backfire?
    By Brian4Liberty in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2019, 09:37 AM
  4. Senate approves fast-track, sending trade bill to White House
    By charrob in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-24-2015, 08:28 PM
  5. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 05:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •