Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: North Dakota Refugee Resettlement Program is Tabled After Mass Protests

  1. #1

    North Dakota Refugee Resettlement Program is Tabled After Mass Protests

    Ann Corcoran of Refugee Resettlement Watch reported that Cass County in North Dakota is planning on voting for more refugee resettlement. However, it is facing several obstacles at the moment.
    North Dakota Republican Governor Doug Burgum took a lukewarm approach to the resettlement issue by allowing this practice to continue so long as local jurisdictions approve.
    With Cass County originally set on approving resettlement, Burgum would have likely let the refugee resettlement go through in North Dakota. As Corcoran notes, “Unless the governor changes his mind, North Dakota taxpayers will be continuing to prop up a 4-decades-old federal program that was never supposed to be a burden on local and state taxpaying citizens.”

    However, this move was met with considerable resistance. Citizens of Bismarck “came out in force” to get the county commission to reconsider bringing in more refugees. The commissioners ended up deciding to table the decision for the time being.

    More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/north-...mass-protests/



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Top Rated Influencer Danke's Avatar


    Posts
    41,852
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Where will the Nigerians go? Oklahoma?

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Where will the Nigerians go? Oklahoma?
    To your house and make sure you change those dirty bed sheets. If my blue light picks up anything, I will kick your arse so bad, you get a nose bleed.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    To your house and make sure you change those dirty bed sheets. If my blue light picks up anything, I will kick your arse so bad, you get a nose bleed.
    Nigerian nurses gone wild.
    "The Patriarch"

  6. #5
    The commissioners ended up deciding to table the decision for the time being.
    Ya. That's what they always do in the face of mass resistance. Then they wait a bit and do it anyway.
    "The Patriarch"

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Ya. That's what they always do in the face of mass resistance. Then they wait a bit and do it anyway.
    Nice catch.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Where will the Nigerians go? Oklahoma?
    Sweden perhaps?

    A$AP Rocky Says He's Going Back to Sweden to Help Immigrants, Refugees
    11/19/2019
    A$AP is donating proceeds from his concert in Stockholm to an immigrant rights org called FARR, the Swedish Network of Refugee Support Group








  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Ya. That's what they always do in the face of mass resistance. Then they wait a bit and do it anyway.
    Hopefully they will back down completely:


    Because so many people flooded the county meeting, there was not enough space to fit people inside, So, the commission ended up postponing the matter until they could find a larger venue in the near future.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Hopefully they will back down completely:


    Because so many people flooded the county meeting, there was not enough space to fit people inside, So, the commission ended up postponing the matter until they could find a larger venue in the near future.
    Resistance is futile, if ND doesn't resettle them other states will. They unlike illegal immigrants have automatic pathway to citizenship and about 5 yrs they will be voting. I mean only if we had a president who will stop creating new refugees(conflict and economic ones), start practicing non interventionism(not just with Israel) and like ND, stop accepting refugees.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Where will the Nigerians go? Oklahoma?
    They should go to the politicians who are preaching more and more diversity of course. Politicians that are preaching should practice what they are preaching.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Resistance is futile, if ND doesn't resettle them other states will. They unlike illegal immigrants have automatic pathway to citizenship and about 5 yrs they will be voting. I mean only if we had a president who will stop creating new refugees(conflict and economic ones), start practicing non interventionism(not just with Israel) and like ND, stop accepting refugees.
    Trump has stopped creating new refugees and there are always "refugees" whether the US creates them or not.
    And Trump is reducing (and hopefully working up to eliminating) how many we take.

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump has stopped creating new refugees and there are always "refugees" whether the US creates them or not.
    And Trump is reducing (and hopefully working up to eliminating) how many we take.
    He hasn't, he is still continuing the wars started by Obama and Bush and is busy trying start his new wars and destabilization in the Middle east and South America. Just polish up on your spanish, it might be a requirement in your next job

  15. #13
    Top Rated Influencer Danke's Avatar


    Posts
    41,852
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    To your house and make sure you change those dirty bed sheets. If my blue light picks up anything, I will kick your arse so bad, you get a nose bleed.

    My hood is full, try Wyoming.

  16. #14
    Top Rated Influencer Danke's Avatar


    Posts
    41,852
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    @oyarde doesn't you reservation have plenty of room to be culturally enriched?

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    @oyarde doesn't you reservation have plenty of room to be culturally enriched?
    As you know there are no reservations here in The Land of Indians and everything is private property with the exception of military facilities ,state and federal parks , but no we are not seeking refugees from illinois , africa , $#@!holeistan etc etc

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Where will the Nigerians go? Oklahoma?
    $#@! no!

    Too close to the Ozarks.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump has stopped creating new refugees .
    Oh bull$#@!!



Similar Threads

  1. UN Announces 'Refugee Resettlement' Flights From Africa to Germany
    By Swordsmyth in forum World News & Affairs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2019, 08:16 PM
  2. Trump Considering Ending Refugee Resettlement to U.S.
    By Swordsmyth in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-21-2019, 06:58 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-12-2017, 02:49 PM
  4. Refugee Resettlement Program
    By LibertyEagle in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-23-2016, 12:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •