Thread: Sen. Rand Paul speaks against the NDAA

Sen. Rand Paul speaks against the NDAA

8 minute speech...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Great speech.
    Yes i enjoyed it as well. God bless Rand Paul. He is kicking so much ass lately.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Rand has found one powerful ally: Mike Enzi chairman of the Senate Banking Committee. Unless it's just posturing?

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) argued that the bill included “bad compromises” that had “nothing to do with the national defense.”

“The dirty little secret in Washington is that there’s actually too much compromise,” Paul said. “We’re going to have paid leave for everybody, but we’re going to borrow the money from China.”

Sen. Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.) also raised a point of order against the defense bill, arguing that it violated budget rules. Senators rejected his motion on Tuesday, and moved the bill toward a final vote.

“Unfortunately CBO tell us that this bill will significantly add to our debt in the near and long term,” Enzi, who chairs the Senate Budget Committee, said on Tuesday, referring to the Congressional Budget Office.

Despite opposition from a handful of senators and kvetches with some provisions within the bill, the NDAA was widely expected to pass. It overcame a procedural hurdle on Monday night in a 76-6 vote.

Trump has pledged that he will sign the legislation “immediately” once it reaches his desk.
    https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4...b-defense-bill

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Rand has found one powerful ally: Mike Enzi chairman of the Senate Banking Committee. Unless it's just posturing?

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4...b-defense-bill
    Not much longer. He is retiring. Rand supported him when he ran for Senate, so he did get some help from him at times.

This is the seat where Rand has endorsed Cynthia Lummis.

Unfortunately, the swamp wants Liz Cheney to run, and they (and the media) will do everything in their power to put Cheney in that seat. Cheney hasn’t declared yet.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

ey (and the media) will do everything in their power to put Cheney in that seat. Cheney hasn’t declared yet.
    I think he is conflicted between a Senate run and remaining the House to wait her turn to be Speaker hence her not yet declaring. Lets hope she stays in the House.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    I think he is conflicted between a Senate run and remaining the House to wait her turn to be Speaker hence her not yet declaring. Lets hope she stays in the House.
    And that Jim Jordan beats her for Speaker.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Will Rand condemn Trump when Trump signs it into law?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    He won't be happy and has made his position clear. Rand is doing all he can for liberty.

Would that help or hurt Rand to push his agenda?

Would that help or hurt Rand to push his agenda?
    Good question. What exactly has Rand achieved through this relationship with Trump?

Good question. What exactly has Rand achieved through this relationship with Trump?
    One thing I have noticed here in my parts... many a neocon in the "R" party/committee could not stomach the name Paul, Ron or Rand. Nowadays, the neocons still don't like Rand, but at least they don't lip off about him - as much.

Q: What is worse than a democrat?
    A: A neocon/rino statist. Because at least democrats are honest about it.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Wonder if Gabbard watched his speech?

https://www.twitter.com/TulsiPress/s...10072357838855

Other than protecting his Senate seat in a red state.

Other than protecting his Senate seat in a red state.

Rand got Hemp legalized and is a constant voice for liberty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Has Rand told Trump yet that it was a bad idea to renew it?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Has Rand told Trump yet that it was a bad idea to renew it?
    Rand need to tell him but the whole system needs to change. These end of year huge bills needs to end. Whether Rand can have a say or not i dont know. He talks to the turtle and the president so im confident in private he is urging them to reform and stop this nonsense.

McConnell and Pelosi are a huge problem. Generally Congressional leadership. We need a new generation of leaders in Congress but it aint happening any time soon