Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 86 of 86

Thread: Boeing’s 737 Max Software Outsourced to $9-an-Hour Engineers

  1. #61
    UPDATE: FBI, DOJ refuse to investigate charges of judicial corruption


    Re: “SEC IG looks into United Airlines bankruptcy,” Nov. 24
    For three years, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Justice have refused to investigate material evidence of a nationwide criminal racket that has allegedly infiltrated state and federal courts and is unlawfully manipulating and exploiting litigants in bankruptcy, family and probate courts.
    According to court documents filed in Chicago, the FBI and DOJ turned a blind eye to retaliation against citizens who attempted to expose the corruption, including “kidnapping of children, false incarceration after being ‘framed’ by criminal elements in civil and criminal authorities, impoverishment, coercion under duress, and serious physical injury up to and including death.”

    The 2006 affidavit claims that “multiple judges and lawyers are aware of and/or involved in alleged criminal acts,” but have not reported wrongdoing to authorities in violation of the Rules of Professional Conduct. It specifically mentions four federal judges, including Eugene R. Wedoff, who was appointed chief bankruptcy judge of the Northern District of Illinois in 1986.

    Judge Wedoff presided over the 2005 bankruptcy of United Airlines, in which 20 large unsecured creditors lost nearly $18 million. The airline also defaulted on $3.2 billion worth of pension obligations for over 134,000 United employees –the largest pension default in three decades – while its top executives walked off with millions in exit bonuses.

    Dan Hanley, public spokesperson the Whistleblowing Airline Employees Association (www.airline-whistleblowers.org) and a former United 777 captain who was forced out of his job, alleges that United management fraudulently withheld information from the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation, which took over their pensions, and that PBGC never conducted the federally mandated analysis of the United pension fund before agreeing to its termination. The Securities and Exchange Commission has recently agreed to look into the matter.

    The court affadavit also accuses Wedoff, who recently suffered a mysterious fractured skull, and other allegedly crooked judges of squirreling away $40 million in bribes at LaSalle National Bank in Chicago, Wells Fargo and Northern Trust Bank in Arizona. The affadavit further claims that payoffs to Wedoff eventually wound up in the ERW Living Trust, which purchased Lot 114 of Greenfield Place in Maricopa County, Arizona. The signature of ERW trustee “Richard E. Williams” is allegedly identical to Judge Wedoff’s.

    The affidavit further charges that the criminal racketeering enterprise headquartered in Phoenix hacked into INSLAW, a court software program, and “through the systematic code-based creation of fraudulent documents and identity theft,” illegally hijacked it to funnel stolen private and government funds into two trusts – Omega and Anchor Pure Trusts – which ultimately dispersed the hot cash into personal trusts such as ERW, which then used fake mortgages for property that had already been bought with cash to further launder the money.

    “Multiple lawyers of prominent law firms are allegedly members” of the racket, which uses phony federal marshal credentials to gain access to the Federal Court Building in Chicago, according to the affidavit.

    Another signed affidavit, filed by court qualified document examiner Sidney Perceful, accused Wedoff of allowing a bankruptcy trustee to confiscate and destroy records and transfer “large sums of money” to his account at La Salle, which she called “highly irregular and illegal.”
    These allegations, if true, point to a massive criminal infiltration of the federal court system. But so far, neither the FBI nor DOJ have bothered to look into them. The big unanswered question is: Why not?
    Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer

    Ⅎ˥ƎSWIH ˥˥I⋊ ⊥,NᗡIᗡ N
    IƎ⊥SԀƎ

    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #62
    Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer

    Ⅎ˥ƎSWIH ˥˥I⋊ ⊥,NᗡIᗡ N
    IƎ⊥SԀƎ

    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  4. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    You fail with your interpretations of RP's ideals.
    What???

    I'm reading your posts and you've got Ron Paul's beliefs 100% wrong. Ron Paul is pro liberty, he's not a socialist. He's against protectionism and he's not pro-union or anti-union, he's against the government interfering with free association either way.

  5. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post

    By the way, Ron Paul has always been for tariffs, which are protectionist.

    The only way that Ron Paul is in favor of tariffs might be as the least bad way for the government to raise revenue.

    Are you claiming that Ron Paul is a protectionist?



  6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  7. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    The Krug won't be happy until we have full-fledged cabotage.

    Don't worry Krug, its coming.

    Along with a lot of other things that sound good to your type.

    Little by little, the whole world starts to look like a free market utopia like Zimbabwe or Peking.
    I'm trying to figure out what's more disturbing. That a Ron Paul member thinks too much liberty leads to Zimbabwe, or that hardly anyone disagrees with him.

  8. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    ...
    Ron Paul has never been for tariffs in any instance, for any reason, at any point in his career. Ever. He supports unilateral free trade getting rid of all tariffs regardless of what any trade partner's policy is. You completely imagined his lifelong support for tariffs (which I don't even know how is possible).

    https://mises.org/library/case-free-trade
    While Ron was running for President, and particularly in debates, where many, if not most people first heard Ron Paul, he talked about abolishing the income tax, and that an import tax was constitutional and an original source of revenue for the nation. He also said that as long as it was not punitive, a flat import tax would be acceptable in order to abolish the income tax.

    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  9. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    While Ron was running for President, and particularly in debates, where many, if not most people first heard Ron Paul, he talked about abolishing the income tax, and that an import tax was constitutional and an original source of revenue for the nation. He also said that as long as it was not punitive, a flat import tax would be acceptable in order to abolish the income tax.
    Given that I said under no instance, what I said is clearly wrong. It isn't the context I was responding to as can be scene in the sentences right after, but saying Ron never supported tariffs under any circumstance is wrong.

    Getting that out of the way, the people like Sparebulb and Swordsmyth and Trump and Pat Buchanan are zero sum socialists who think there are winners and losers in trade and trade deficits are bad and want to use tariffs as a way to punish us consumers.

  10. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Given that I said under no instance, what I said is clearly wrong. It isn't the context I was responding to as can be scene in the sentences right after, but saying Ron never supported tariffs under any circumstance is wrong.
    ...
    And it was not just Ron. Harry Browne had the same campaign position. Abolish the income tax, government could get revenue from tariffs and excise taxes.

    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  11. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    And it was not just Ron. Harry Browne had the same campaign position. Abolish the income tax, government could get revenue from tariffs and excise taxes.

    The advocacy of tariffs from Trump and his followers here has everything to do with view trade as zero sum and tit for tat with countries that have tariffs on the US. Any support for the revenue raising aspect is purely a fig leaf and has little to nothing to do with the strong feelings on this issues.

  12. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Given that I said under no instance, what I said is clearly wrong. It isn't the context I was responding to as can be scene in the sentences right after, but saying Ron never supported tariffs under any circumstance is wrong.

    Getting that out of the way, the people like Sparebulb and Swordsmyth and Trump and Pat Buchanan are zero sum socialists who think there are winners and losers in trade and trade deficits are bad and want to use tariffs as a way to punish us consumers.
    I don't view real free trade as zero sum nor do I want to use tariffs to punish consumers, I recognize that foreign government intervention is just as bad for the economy as domestic government intervention and that it can be weaponized to destroy our economy, strip us of our independence and turn us into a nation of welfare voters who vote in communism.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  13. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    The advocacy of tariffs from Trump and his followers here has everything to do with view trade as zero sum and tit for tat with countries that have tariffs on the US. Any support for the revenue raising aspect is purely a fig leaf and has little to nothing to do with the strong feelings on this issues.
    The Trump/Buchanan contingency is not focused strictly on economics. The glaring difference between them and the establishment revolves around a single issue: globalism vs. nationalism. That can manifest itself in terms of tariffs and trade negotiations, but it is not their main focus. Strict free trade is not a concern of either side. The establishment wants global managed and regulated trade among other things. The hatred from those in the know against Trump is their plans for a global new world order, and those who say “America First” throws a spanner in the works. “Make America Great Again” is anathema to them. Everything else is a “fig leaf” to disguise that basic conflict.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  14. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Given that I said under no instance, what I said is clearly wrong. It isn't the context I was responding to as can be scene in the sentences right after, but saying Ron never supported tariffs under any circumstance is wrong.

    Getting that out of the way, the people like Sparebulb and Swordsmyth and Trump and Pat Buchanan are zero sum socialists who think there are winners and losers in trade and trade deficits are bad and want to use tariffs as a way to punish us consumers.
    I agree. Ron Paul's support for a flat tariff to replace other sources of revenue does not mean that he's a protectionist. Not even close.



  15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  16. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't view real free trade as zero sum nor do I want to use tariffs to punish consumers, I recognize that foreign government intervention is just as bad for the economy as domestic government intervention and that it can be weaponized to destroy our economy, strip us of our independence and turn us into a nation of welfare voters who vote in communism.
    Suppose the Chinese government gives its steel companies huge subsidies to sell steel to the US. Is that what you call "weaponized" and do you think its proper for the US government to ban us from buying it?

  17. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Suppose the Chinese government gives its steel companies huge subsidies to sell steel to the US. Is that what you call "weaponized" and do you think its proper for the US government to ban us from buying it?
    Now you are on to something. There must be 50 ways for government to interfere in free and competitive markets. Why the absolute outrage about tariffs, but not a care given to the other ways? The establishment media will scream about tariffs, yet minimum wage? That’s a good thing. Subsidies? Wonderful. Regulations? The greatest thing in the world. Abandon major trade “agreements”? Outrageous. Carbon credits? If we don’t do that, people will die!

    Once again, the real issue is globalism, not interference in the markets.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  18. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Suppose the Chinese government gives its steel companies huge subsidies to sell steel to the US. Is that what you call "weaponized" and do you think its proper for the US government to ban us from buying it?
    Yes.

    They are attempting to destroy our ability to make steel for ourselves and it is government picking winners and losers and should not be allowed in our market.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  19. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Yes.

    They are attempting to destroy our ability to make steel for ourselves and it is government picking winners and losers and should not be allowed in our market.
    It's not our government, it's the Chinese government. And they're only hurting themselves not us. We should say thank you not ban it.

    Suppose, miraculously, steel starting bubbling out of the ground somewhere in the US. Should the US ban that since it would destroy our steel companies? Or take advantage of the free steel?

    Do you think the US government banning Chinese steel moves us towards liberty or away?

  20. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Do you think the US government banning Chinese steel moves us towards liberty or away?
    First, do you think having a US government at all moves us towards liberty or away?

  21. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    First, do you think having a US government at all moves us towards liberty or away?
    Yes. At least when the government is doing its proper job which is retaliating against aggression, not initiating it. Like laws against murder. Banning me from buying something is clearly initiating force, not retaliation.

  22. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    It's not our government, it's the Chinese government. And they're only hurting themselves not us. We should say thank you not ban it.

    Suppose, miraculously, steel starting bubbling out of the ground somewhere in the US. Should the US ban that since it would destroy our steel companies? Or take advantage of the free steel?

    Do you think the US government banning Chinese steel moves us towards liberty or away?
    The fact that it is a foreign government makes it worse not better and they are harming us as much or more than they harm themselves.
    If steel started bubbling up somewhere in America it wouldn't hurt America because it would be in America and couldn't be cut off to harm us.
    Banning Chinese government intervention in our marketplace moves us towards liberty and allowing it moves us away from liberty.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  23. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Yes. At least when the government is doing its proper job which is retaliating against aggression, not initiating it. Like laws against murder. Banning me from buying something is clearly initiating force, not retaliation.
    Do you believe then that if all domestic steel manufacturing capability was closed down that it would represent a national security threat to the US government? being reliant on foreign vendors, in particular china?



  24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  25. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The fact that it is a foreign government makes it worse not better and they are harming us as much or more than they harm themselves.
    If steel started bubbling up somewhere in America it wouldn't hurt America because it would be in America and couldn't be cut off to harm us.
    Banning Chinese government intervention in our marketplace moves us towards liberty and allowing it moves us away from liberty.
    Giving us free stuff is an infringement of our rights?

    Using that logic you could make the case to ban anything that's basically on sale. How is that possibly moving us towards freedom?

  26. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Do you believe then that if all domestic steel manufacturing capability was closed down that it would represent a national security threat to the US government? being reliant on foreign vendors, in particular china?
    No I don't. I think the economic collapse of our country from protectionism is a national security threat.

  27. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Giving us free stuff is an infringement of our rights?
    Picking winners and losers in our market and doing so in a manner designed to destroy our independence and turn us communist is an infringement of our rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Using that logic you could make the case to ban anything that's basically on sale. How is that possibly moving us towards freedom?
    Only if there is government interference putting it on sale, banning government interference moves us towards freedom, allowing government interference moves us away from freedom.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  28. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Picking winners and losers in our market and doing so in a manner designed to destroy our independence and turn us communist is an infringement of our rights.


    Only if there is government interference putting it on sale, banning government interference moves us towards freedom, allowing government interference moves us away from freedom.
    I agree that OUR government shouldn't interfere with our individual rights but we're talking about other governments violating their own citizens rights, not our rights. I don't want our government violating our liberty in response to some other government violating their own citizens liberty.

    How does it violate my rights when a Chinese company sells me something cheap?

  29. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I agree that OUR government shouldn't interfere with our individual rights but we're talking about other governments violating their own citizens rights, not our rights. I don't want our government violating our liberty in response to some other government violating their own citizens liberty.

    How does it violate my rights when a Chinese company sells me something cheap?
    It violates the rights of other Americans for the Chinese government to pick winners and losers in our marketplace whether it helps you or not.
    They are picking you as a winner and other Americans as losers.

    It does NOT violate your rights for our government to cancel out the effect of foreign intervention, pressure them to stop intervening or cut them out of our market entirely if they won't stop intervening, it protects the rights of your fellow Americans.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  30. #86
    Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer

    Ⅎ˥ƎSWIH ˥˥I⋊ ⊥,NᗡIᗡ N
    IƎ⊥SԀƎ

    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123


Similar Threads

  1. Boeing’s 737 Max Software Outsourced to $9-an-Hour Engineers
    By timosman in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-30-2019, 09:38 PM
  2. Boeing says 737 Max software update is ready
    By timosman in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-16-2019, 11:06 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2016, 11:58 PM
  4. Boeing vs Airbus if Boeing did not get subsidies
    By Cone0 in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 01:31 PM
  5. Calling all Software Engineers
    By Elwar in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 12:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •