Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My entire herd is dead.

My entire herd is dead.

I left the house Friday to take Bibi to Lewisburg for her commuter flight to DC. Flight cancelled, so I took her to DC and then returned in the dark of early evening. Next morning I find all my goats are dead, scattered across the property.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Wolves, dogs or a mountain lion?

Sorry for your loss. Do you have any idea what could have killed them?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Wolves, dogs or a mountain lion?
    Sorry for your loss.

My bet would go to dogs. Last year my neighbour had to pay for 5 sheep as their Siberian Husky had slaughtered them.
    I'd say wolves and mountain lions would be more likely to actually eat the goats/sheep after killing them.

Try to secure some DNA if possible(with a vet). If you find a suspect dog, you may be able to prove it and claim damages on the owner.
    "I am a bird"

Sorry to hear of the loss of the herd. When tending to a farm it is always a constant struggle. In N.C./S.C. some horses were being mutilated. At first it was believed to be humans. After State Wildlife did an investigation it turned out it was feral hogs attacking them.

Sorry to hear what happened to your herd. Hope you'll be able to bounce back.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Sorry to hear this. Hope you bounce back quickly.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am devastated for you. Are you going to get an autopsy, or whatever they call it for non-human animals?

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I'd say wolves and mountain lions would be more likely to actually eat the goats/sheep after killing them.

I heard about a guy with a llama farm or something, he said a mountain lion came in and killed about 8 of them, then dragged one over the fence and up into a tree.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

What do you think it could have been? That stinks!

We had 11 cows die one night. All around a tree during a storm, and the tree got struck by lightning.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Sorry for your loss .
    Do something Danke

That really sucks when predators come in and just mutilate the animals. I came home one evening and had many chickens decapitated and some bunnies mutilated. I purchased some traps and next night caught 3 huge raccoons. Such a waste. Sorry for your loss.

Did it look like animals did it? or humans?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So that means what, you are now unemployed?

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    Who let this $#@! into the room?
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Guess it really doesn't matter how it happened, it's a financial hit to the homestead no matter what.

Just hope it wasn't some human dickweed with poison or some such.

Without more info no telling what happened...
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 12-16-2019 at 11:00 PM.

I'm so sorry, osan.

You don't make friends easily, do you?

is insurance for a herd a thing?
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

What the $#@! is wrong with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Why? How?
    Must have been poisoned. No violence apparent at all. They all look like they laid down and died peacefully.

My thoughts went to malice. Heaven help me if it is the case and I discover who, but I have no real reason to believe this to be so. I've put out no poisons or anything, so I am flummoxed.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Must have been poisoned. No violence apparent at all. They all look like they laid down and died peacefully.

My thoughts went to malice. Heaven help me if it is the case and I discover who, but I have no real reason to believe this to be so. I've put out no poisons or anything, so I am flummoxed.
    Naturally occurring poisons that perhaps they got into?

Some examples of poisonous plants include azaleas, China berries, sumac, dog fennel, bracken fern, curly dock, eastern baccharis, honeysuckle, nightshade, pokeweed, red root pigweed, black cherry, Virginia creeper, and crotalaria. Please see Goat Pastures Poisonous Plants.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	itsaliens.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	7298
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

The neighbor next door at my SC property has goats. They are very quiet and peaceful. No noxious odors either. They keep the growth under control also. I cannot say anything negative about goats. Not like yapping dogs chitting in the neighbors yard right where they walk. How long you had goats? It would be wise to determine the cause before replacing the livestock.

Are the necks all still fully intact ?
    Do something Danke

Lightning?

Glyphosate in livestock: feed residues and animal health
    https://academic.oup.com/jas/article/97/11/4509/5565412
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast