Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Controversial libertarian Bill Maher offers Trump a check to leave office: 'You love money'

Controversial libertarian Bill Maher offers Trump a check to leave office: 'You love money'

Bill Maher offers Trump a check to leave office: 'You love money'

By Marty Johnson - 10/19/19
    Liberal comedian and commentator Bill Maher offered President Trump $1 million to resign during his show Friday night.
    "Just take my check for $1 million," Maher, a long-standing Trump critic, said on HBO's "Real Time."
    "I bet I could get another 1,000 people just from here to the beach — including Malibu, of course — who would pay that much to see you resign," Maher added.
    Maher concluded, "Mr. President, it is really very simple. You love money. We hate you."
    The host has long called for Trump's impeachment, saying in January, "It’s pretty hard to convict — but if you don’t do it with him, where is the bar?"

"And what sort of damage is he going to do for the next two years that he is in this office?" he added at the time.
    However, Maher warned at the end of September of the potential political ramifications of pursuing Trump's impeachment.
    "If we do this, the country is going to be paralyzed," the host remarked at the time.
    "I'm not saying don't. ... It's going to be paralyzed for a very long time, and all of the oxygen in the room will be taken by this," he added.
    Those comments came after House Democrats formally launched an impeachment inquiry into Trump focused on his July 25 phone call with Ukraine's president.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...you-love-money

Related

Bill Maher depicts MAGA supporters as 'suckers', stupid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35T9jC_MASQ

April 03, 2013
    Donald Trump Withdraws Bill Maher Lawsuit

The Celebrity Apprentice Bill Maher
    The "Celebrity Apprentice" star will reportedly re-file a claim that the "Real Time" host owes $5 million for an "offer" made on NBC's "Tonight Show."
    Donald Trump has voluntarily dismissed his $5 million lawsuit against Bill Maher for failing to live up to an "unconditional offer" made on NBC's Tonight Show to donate $5 million to charity if Trump provided a copy of his birth certificate proving that he’s not “spawn of his mother having sex with orangutan.”
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/th...l-maher-432675

Donald Trump Watches Bill Maher “By Accident”, Tweets On “Sooo Many False Statements” By “Wacko” HBO Host

August 10, 2019
    https://deadline.com/2019/08/donald-...me-1202665881/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "libertarian Bill Maher"?

That myth misses by a mile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    He identifies as a 'libertarian'.
    Bruce Jenner thinks he's a woman.
    "The Patriarch"

It would be more fun to see him self-identify as a professional linebacker.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Bill Maher should identify as a $#@!ing idiot. He certainly wouldn't be wrong about that.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Maher is just a typical east coast democrat that thinks weed should be legal because he likes it . He is more nazi than libertarian, he is your AOC type of dem. You know the type . Kind of like Satan but know less about economics .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

I was thinking along similar lines. Since when is Bill Maher a libertarian?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll catch real time on occasion, some of his guests are interesting and new rules can be funny. I recall him giving time to Rand during the last election cycle and that was a decent interview. I don't think Maher still self identifies as a libertarian. Although he's had Penn Jillette on the show and he's a good example of a semi-famous libertarian.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

No $#@!...Bill Maher is many things but libertarian he is not.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

And say whatever you want about Trump, one thing that he is not in this for is the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And say whatever you want about Trump, one thing that he is not in this for is the money.
    LOL

My take from researching his life long business/political contributions/etc. record is that it is not during his presidency, but after. The dude loves him some eminent domain, among many other things. But, I am sure you know about these things already. Or don't you?

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

He’s not a libertarian. He’s not a conservative, either, although they used to call him that, too.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    He’s not a libertarian. He’s not a conservative, either, although they used to call him that, too.
    Bill is every bit as much a libertarian as The Don is conservative.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

This is literally it... I've heard him do it in the past, claim to be libertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Bill is every bit as much a libertarian as The Don is conservative.
    This is also literally it... I'll add that Bill is every bit as much a libertarian as Bob Barr or Gary Johnson....
    ...I mean that's the public face of Libertarianism, the official party.
    In that environment it's no wonder know-nothings like Bill Maher think they're libertarian.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    LOL

My take from researching his life long business/political contributions/etc. record is that it is not during his presidency, but after. The dude loves him some eminent domain, among many other things. But, I am sure you know about these things already. Or don't you?
    You honestly think men like Trump or Bloomberg, multiple billionaires prior to entering politics, are in it for the money?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    People still pay attention to Bill Maher? I stopped paying any attention to him when he suddenly became Obama's 2008 head cheerleader after building an entire career on bashing both parties.

(Funny how the same thing happened with Trump and anti-establishment commentators like AJ and Mark Dice and others.)
    Last edited by devil21; 12-16-2019 at 01:29 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    People still pay attention to Bill Maher? I stopped paying any attention to him when he suddenly became Obama's 2008 head cheerleader after building an entire career on bashing both parties.

(Funny how the same thing happened with Trump and anti-establishment commentators like AJ and Mark Dice and others.)
    There are some libertarians who would have bashed Ron if he won just to make sure they remained "pure".
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

There are some libertarians who would have bashed Ron if he won just to make sure they remained "pure".
    Yeah that would have been terrible if Ron has campaigned on how terrible the 2008 bubble was and ending the Fed then, once elected, called on the Fed to lower rates and start QE. Or campaigned on ending wars then sent even more military. He would have deserved every bit of bashing, in your entirely fictional example of something that never happened and have no way of proving.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

If Libertarian = irrelevant, than I suppose Bill Maher could be one.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Maher does know that if his foolishness worked Pence would be President , most likely for a long time .
    Do something Danke

You honestly think men like Trump or Bloomberg, multiple billionaires prior to entering politics, are in it for the money?
    You honestly think they aren't?

Trump has been through four bankruptcies. How many have the Clintons had?

Neither he's in it for the glory or Time Mag cover.
    Probably wanted to use his excellent deal making skills to help the nation navigate thorny issues like 2nd amendment, DACA, defending our closest allies in mideast and bringing America back to its small government, conservative values based roots.

But that doesn't stop pesky critics like this Congresswoman who referred to him as p-word:

Tulsi slams Trump as Saudi Arabia's 'bitch' , 'We are not your prostitutes. You are not our pimp'
    @realDonaldTrump Despicable. Offering to place our military assets under the command of a foreign country—Saudi Arabia—is a disgrace and betrayal of my patriotic brothers and sisters in uniform and to our Constitution. We are not your prostitutes. You are not our pimp. pic.twitter.com/Cu1OewEMOC
    — Tulsi Gabbard (@TulsiGabbard) September 16, 2019

Trump: Saudi Arabia Pays Cash

Conservative Christian GOP Senator Ted Cruz:

"Donald comes from New York and he embodies New York values." "Everyone understands that the values in New York City are socially liberal, are pro-abortion, are pro-gay-marriage, focused around money and the media."

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Maher does know that if his foolishness worked Pence would be President , most likely for a long time .
    Pence is dangerously close to Christian Evangelical base of GOP and among other things could erase progress made on LGBTQ rights under Trump-Obama Presidencies and perhaps on other issues. He's also said to be ally of groups like CUFI ( allegedely an anti-semitic group) but have not validated those claims.

Pence has also never lived in NY, never dines with another woman unless his wife is preseent and comes from a southern or mid western state if I'm not mistaken.

Bill Maher a Libertarian?
    Are you joking?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bill Maher isn't rich enough to even think about matching the level of grift that the Trumps are accomplishing in office.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Trump has lost so much money by running for office one million dollars is just a drop in the bucket.

Politicians are so easy to buy. It would have been so much easier and cheaper for Trump to buy them if he was in it for the money. Even Bloomberg. Being a liberal he doesn't have his business hurt by running for office, but he is spending more of his money than it's worth.

If Ron had won the GOP Primaries the LP would have run a Candidate against Ron Paul!

You honestly think they aren't?

Trump has been through four bankruptcies. How many have the Clintons had?
    None...as far as I know, they have never owned nor operated a successful or unsuccessful business of any type.

Those two pumpkin rollers were so broke they had to beg gas money to DC in 1992.

Now they are multi-millionaires on nothing but graft, gimmees and grants.

Look, I'm not a big fan of the man, but facts are facts: Trump's motivation does not lie in money, and the dope addled fantasies of Bill Maher notwithstanding, a bribe of a million bucks wouldn't shift him an inch toward resignation.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Trump has lost so much money by running for office one million dollars is just a drop in the bucket.
    There were also claims circulating that he self funded his campaign and did not take any money from globalist neocons like Soros, Adelson etc.

Though his anti-nepotism relatives did win some awards:

Kushner, Ivanka Trump made at least $82 million in outside income while serving in White House

In a Beijing ballroom, Kushner family pushes $500,000 ‘investor visa’ to wealthy Chinese

The event was hosted by the Chinese company Qiaowai, which connects U.S. companies with Chinese investors. (Emily Rauhala/The Washington Post)
    By Emily Rauhala and William Wan May 6 at 9:18 PM
    BEIJING — The Kushner family came to the United States as refugees, worked hard and made it big — and if you invest in Kushner properties, so can you.
    That was the message delivered Saturday by White House senior adviser Jared Kushner’s sister Nicole Kushner Meyer to a ballroom full of wealthy Chinese investors in Beijing.
    Over several hours of slide shows and presentations, representatives from the Kushner family business urged Chinese citizens gathered at a Ritz-Carlton hotel to consider investing hundreds of thousands of dollars in a New Jersey luxury apartment complex that would help themsecure what’s known as an investor visa.
    The potential investors were advised to invest sooner rather than later in case visa rules changeunder the Trump administration.“Invest early, and you will invest under the old rules,” one speaker said.

Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner questioned over $1.15bn mortgage

Mexico's President gives Jared Kushner their nation’s greatest award for saving NAFTA (renamed USMCA)

The Order of the Aztec Eagle, issued by Mexico to foreigners who make a significant contribution to the country
    November 30, 2018
    Kushner was inducted into the Order of the Aztec Eagle. It’s an honour reserved for foreigners who make a significant contribution to Mexico’s wellbeing. In this case, it was for a trade agreement.
    The USMCA agreement — which replaces the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) dumped by President Trump — is expected to be signed at the G20 meeting of world leaders in Argentina.
    He was a “grand ally of Mexico”, President Peña Nieto declared at the announcement, which elevates Kushner to the same league as Bill Gates, Queen Elizabeth II, Walt Disney and Nelson Mandela.
    Kushner deserved recognition for “his significant contributions in achieving the renegotiation … avoiding a unilateral departure by the US from the treaty”.

Kushner, the publisher of the New York Observer and husband of Ivanka Trump, is rising within the presumptive GOP nominee's world in the wake of campaign manager Corey Lewandowksi's ouster, sources within Trump's circle told NBC News.

Click here to view the original image of 901x1200px.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast