Thread: New Jersey town declares itself 2nd Amendment sanctuary!

New Jersey town declares itself 2nd Amendment sanctuary!

West Milford is a town in Passaic County. The designation is the first of its kind in New Jersey. One small step... {The actual city called Passaic (also in Passaic County) is a crappy, crimey place - comparable to Newark.}

The article goes to great lengths to point out that "the provocative designation is purely symbolic", "non-binding" and "does not overturn any laws" - not sure how that is different from illegal alien sanctuaries?

West Milford is now a self-proclaimed “sanctuary township" for law-abiding gun owners, though the provocative designation is purely symbolic.

The township council approved last week a non-binding resolution that "opposes further interference with, or abridging of, the rights of lawful gun owners.”

West Milford Council President Pete McGuinness said the local resolution, introduced by another council member and approved in a 5-0 vote on Dec. 4, was modeled after a resolution adopted in Illinois. It appears to be the first of its kind in New Jersey.

“We’re just letting the community know we are a gun-friendly, Second Amendment-positive township,” McGuinness said.

The mostly-rural town in Passaic County is home to 26,000 people and covers nearly 76 square miles.

The resolution declares West Milford a “Second Amendment/lawful gun owner sanctuary township" and criticizes “red flag laws” that have been adopted by at least 17 states, including New Jersey, partly in response to mass shootings...

---

...New Jersey has the nation’s second-toughest gun laws, according to the Giffords Law Center, and the state’s red flag law — aimed at removing weapons from those deemed a threat to themselves or others — took effect in September...

---

...Scott Bach, executive director of the Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs, told NJ Advance Media that the Jersey City shootings do not justify further restrictions on guns.

“No amount of restrictions on law-abiding citizens is going to affect criminal behavior,” Bach said.

The West Milford resolution, which Bach said appears to be the first of its kind adopted in New Jersey, resembles pro-gun resolutions that have been approved by county and local jurisdictions in several other states this year

West Milford’s resolution is drawing a rebuttal from a prominent, Washington-based advocacy group working to reduce gun violence.

“A town council cannot nullify or ignore state public safety laws," Josh Scharff, attorney for Brady — formerly the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence — said via an email from the organization’s spokesperson.

“New Jersey citizens have elected their state legislators and their governor who have passed laws that are proven to keep New Jersey citizens safe and to keep guns out of the hands of those who should not have them. It is dangerous for a local government to falsely imply that their townships are above the law,” Scharff stated.

McGuinness, though, said the resolution is “harmless,” noting that it does not overturn any laws.

It states that West Milford “supports the rights of lawful gun owners to lawfully use firearms; to defend themselves, their loved ones and other innocents; to lawfully hunt to provide sustenance for their families; and to lawfully participate in shooting sports up to and including Olympic sports.”

https://www.nj.com/passaic-county/20...amendment.html
    Township of West Milford - Passaic County, New Jersey
    Resolution 2019 – 368: https://www.westmilford.org/FCpdf/20...ip-Amended.pdf
    Last edited by Valli6; 12-14-2019 at 11:57 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    New Jersey Democrats aren't going to be happy about this.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

The winds are changing.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

McGuinness, though, said the resolution is “harmless,” noting that it does not overturn any laws.

It states that West Milford “supports the rights of lawful gun owners to lawfully use firearms; to defend themselves, their loved ones and other innocents; to lawfully hunt to provide sustenance for their families; and to lawfully participate in shooting sports up to and including Olympic sports.”

I think it would be better to attack your opponent (liberals) as harmful and a threat than to call your resolution "harmless". It's like saying is has no teeth when it's useless without teeth. Then the old falling back on hunting and sports BS, which is not the point of the right to bear arms. I get so sick of hearing that and it's used as a pacifier, imho. JUST SAY IT. If you $#@! with the Bill of Rights, we will fight back, including with weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The winds are changing.

Who is K?

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    Who is K?
    r/K theory.

K is a philosophy and a way of life.

The best book on it can be found here:

https://www.anonymousconservative.com

The blog:

https://www.anonymousconservative.com/blog/home-page/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

r/K theory.

The blog:

Thanks and I'll have a look.

r/K theory.

The blog:

I think this insults rabbits, lol. While interesting and definitely worth it's own thread, it fails to explain the suicidal liberal culture of, in particular, western Europe. No group of rabbits would welcome predators into their midst and stop reproducing.

Besides, I'm pretty sure liberals come from Satan.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think this insults rabbits, lol. While interesting and definitely worth it's own thread, it fails to explain the suicidal liberal culture of, in particular, western Europe. No group of rabbits would welcome predators into their midst and stop reproducing.

Besides, I'm pretty sure liberals come from Satan.
    Rabbits are just a symbol.
    And the book explains the suicidal tendency to bring in dangerous foreign enemies.

The author has also since added manipulative cabalists who use the worst elements of r against the group for their own advantage without being entirely r themselves to his worldview.

r is a focus on the vices instead of the virtues and it does come from satan, every vice has its own proper place but it must be a minority place while the virtues can be overdone but must be a majority focus.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This people are the enemy of america!

Rabbits are just a symbol.
    And the book explains the suicidal tendency to bring in dangerous foreign enemies.

The author has also since added manipulative cabalists who use the worst elements of r against the group for their own advantage without being entirely r themselves to his worldview.

r is a focus on the vices instead of the virtues and it does come from satan, every vice has its own proper place but it must be a minority place while the virtues can be overdone but must be a majority focus.
    Rabbits and wolves are a decent enough analogy.

What did he say about allowing in dangerous elements and did he discuss not reproducing, which is unlike the rabbits (or anything in the animal kingdom)?

Rabbits and wolves are a decent enough analogy.

What did he say about allowing in dangerous elements and did he discuss not reproducing, which is unlike the rabbits (or anything in the animal kingdom)?
    The idea behind allowing in dangerous elements is that the loser types want to see the winner types in their own group defeated by enemies to whom they can grovel and be rewarded for their treason by them and the failure to reproduce is an overshoot of the desire for sexual gratification without responsibility.
    r types generally care very little for their young and toss them out of the nest early but extreme r types will seek to not care for them at all through contraception or abortion etc.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment