Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Libertarian Party has officially joined the deep state coup

Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post
    There is a movement to take back the party...led by Heise (Mises Caucus), Woods, Horton, Dave Smith, etc.
    That would be Tom Woods?

If so, he should be unceremoniously ejected from the party as a notorious Trump shill, which is what he was last election.

...and he is, AFAIK, totally unrepentant.

That said, I've heard good things about the Mises Caucus.

If the LP is ever to efficiently reorganize itself, it must be around the ideas of Mises, which included basic civility.

The Naked Fat Man Era must come to an end.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    That would be Tom Woods?

If so, he should be unceremoniously ejected from the party as a notorious Trump shill, which is what he was last election.

If the LP is ever to efficiently reorganize itself, it must be around the ideas of Mises, which included basic civility.

Was he a Trump shill? Trump was running on a platform of ending the wars and eliminating the debt - that was much the same platform Ron Paul ran on. Of course, GWB ran on it too, so....

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Amash was silent as O'Bummer committed a long string of blatant impeachable offenses.
    Rand Paul was silent when Obama committed a long string of blatant impeachable offenses. Not once did he call for Obamas impeachment therefore Rand Paul is no friend of liberty. That about sum it up?

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Rand Paul was silent when Obama committed a long string of blatant impeachable offenses. Not once did he call for Obamas impeachment therefore Rand Paul is no friend of liberty. That about sum it up?
    LOL

Rand is opposing this impeachment coup, Amash is endorsing it, there is no comparison.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Was he a Trump shill?
    Yep

Trump was running on a platform of ending the wars and eliminating the debt - that was much the same platform Ron Paul ran on.
    Only an idiot would have believed that.

To be fair, it's possible that Tom's an idiot.

I've been assuming that he isn't an idiot, in which case he has no excuse.

Of course, GWB ran on it too, so....
    Yep

LOL

Rand is opposing this impeachment coup, Amash is endorsing it, there is no comparison.
    LOL Your comment has nothing to do with my post which proved your post was nothing more than histrionics.

Explain to me what part of my post confuses you in that you didn't respond to my question? Seems like a habit of yours. Make a drama queen statement. Get called out on it. Deflect from answering.

Since Rand Paul didn't call for Obamas impeachment he is also not a friend of liberty. Right? That's what you posted anyway. But look over there.

Lol. The LP just sucks more and more. What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    If the LP wants Trump to get impeached, they should at least give reasons that aren't the same as the Democrats.
    Sarawack is a democrat .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Yep. Dump that sack of $#@!.
    I would consider supporting the Libertarian party if someone like Angela or Merced was running it . That Sarawack guy is worse than at least half of the current elected GOP officials .
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-14-2019 at 10:29 AM.
    Do something Danke

"... spending money without congressional approval, sending troops into war without a congressional declaration, and refusing to cooperate with congressional requests and subpoenas,” Sarwark added.
    Which of these three points do you disagree with?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

Yeah, I can't imagine why the guy with an Iron Cross tattoo would have wanted to make the LP look ridiculous during the 2016 election...
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

LOL Your comment has nothing to do with my post which proved your post was nothing more than histrionics.

Explain to me what part of my post confuses you in that you didn't respond to my question? Seems like a habit of yours. Make a drama queen statement. Get called out on it. Deflect from answering.

Since Rand Paul didn't call for Obamas impeachment he is also not a friend of liberty. Right? That's what you posted anyway. But look over there.

It is the fact that Amash is supporting impeachment for made up garbage against Trump that makes his lack of support for impeaching O'Bummer significant.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It is the fact that Amash is supporting impeachment for made up garbage against Trump that makes his lack of support for impeaching O'Bummer significant.
    Or maybe it's just that there was no Obama impeachment to support. It didn't even get a committee.
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Or maybe it's just that there was no Obama impeachment to support. It didn't even get a committee.
    Amash was supporting impeachment of Trump over garbage before there was a committee.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That would be Tom Woods?

The movement is about Hornberger/Smith, not Woods...whom, last I checked, is extremely close with and supported by Lew and Ron, the Godfathers of libertarianism. So your beef here is irrelevant.

Amash isn't going to run. Maybe in 4 years, but not this time.

In the meantime,

(paid paternity leave???)

Trump signed off on all that crap, but the LP is the Deep State. Riiiiight.

How about both are a problem. It doesn't have to be either/or.

I think the US is doomed.

It is the fact that there was little if any impeachment talk except for the birthers. It wasn't an issue then. Agree or not over impeachment now, it is a big issue in the forefront.

Amash was supporting impeachment of Trump over garbage before there was a committee.
    It was obvious the dems were going to push for it. It was obvious the republicans were not when Obama was in office.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Lightbulb Almost, anyone but Trump

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

Better than Trump.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Better than Trump.
    All this talk about how the LP is infiltrated is amusing. As compared to what? The GOP?
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post
    The movement is about Hornberger/Smith, not Woods...whom, last I checked, is extremely close with and supported by Lew and Ron, the Godfathers of libertarianism. So your beef here is irrelevant.
    Lew is trash.

He was never a libertarian, never an Austrian.

I don't recall Tom Woods shilling for Trump during the 2016 election. He was more thrilled that Hillary lost. He was thrilled that the neo-cons were pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by revgen View Post
    I don't recall Tom Woods shilling for Trump during the 2016 election. He was more thrilled that Hillary lost. He was thrilled that the neo-cons were pissed.
    Listen to his podcasts from the summer and fall of 2015, if he hasn't deleted them.

Lew is trash.

Quite possibly the most moronic thing I've ever read on this forum, save for every single post by zippy.

Lew is trash.

What's your beef with Lew? Probably has done more than a couch dweller

THe entire GOP was silent when Obama committed along stream of impeachable offenses. Not once did they call for Obama's impeachment therefore none of them are friends of liberty. That actually does sum it up.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    How about both are a problem. It doesn't have to be either/or.

I think the US is doomed.
    I am too lazy to transcribe this, but this is Ron Paul's statement on the Clinton impeachment. He says he reluctantly voting for it, even though the reality is that Congress should be impeaching him over things much more important than Lewinsky.

THe Us is doomed, but Amash isn't the problem. He votes in my interests 99% of the time. Trump has not ended any wars, he has not reduced the debt, he has not repealed Obamacare, and ... I could go on and on.

Amash votes correctly 100% of the time. Even if I disagree with him here, that means I agree with him 99.9% of the time.

Yeah, the US is doomed. $#@! Trump, and $#@! what he's done to the Liberty movement.
    Last edited by angelatc; 12-16-2019 at 01:39 PM.

THe entire GOP was silent when Obama committed along stream of impeachable offenses. Not once did they call for Obama's impeachment therefore none of them are friends of liberty. That actually does sum it up.
    Ron and Rand have done way more than you

Quote Originally Posted by jon4liberty View Post
    Ron and Rand have done way more than you
    Well, duh. I am not holding myself up as a liberty leader. Keyboard monkey, when I can't make a point without using the work "you" I stop typing. Try it.

I am too lazy to transcribe this, but this is Ron Paul's statement on the Clinton impeachment. He says he reluctantly voting for it, even though the reality is that Congress should be impeaching him over things much more important than Lewinsky.

THe Us is doomed, but Amash isn't the problem. He votes in my interests 99% of the time. Trump has not ended any wars, he has not reduced the debt, he has not repealed Obamacare, and ... I could go on and on.

Amash votes correctly 100% of the time. Even if I disagree with him here, that means I agree with him 99.9% of the time.

Yeah, the US is doomed. $#@! Trump, and $#@! what he's done to the Liberty movement.
    Yeah, I thought the Clinton impeachment was a "look over here", deliberate misdirection away from Chinagate which, I think, may have constituted treason (for which they could still be charged).

The US is doomed but not because of Trump. It's been on that trajectory for a long time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast