Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Libertarian Party has officially joined the deep state coup

The Libertarian Party has officially joined the deep state coup

The Libertarian Party (LP) “officially endorsed the impeachment of President Donald Trump on Friday, releasing a statement indicating their support of the Democrat-driven witch hunt.
    LP Chairman Nick Sarwark published a post on Facebook stating that it is time to tell the President that he is fired.
    Sarwark wrote: “As Chairman of the Libertarian Party, I urge the House to approve the articles of impeachment and send them to the Senate for a trial. This will start the process of telling the president those words he’s so familiar with, ‘You’re fired!'”

Sarwark bashed the petty partisanship of Washington D.C. while endorsing an impeachment witch hunt that is one of the most egregious examples of this phenomenon.

“Like the plurality of Americans who don’t identify with a political party, we are not on Team Red or Team Blue, but we are hurt by the bad policies of both,” he wrote.
    “That’s why the Congress should impeach and remove the current president. He has shown disrespect for the Constitution, spending money without congressional approval, sending troops into war without a congressional declaration, and refusing to cooperate with congressional requests and subpoenas,” Sarwark added.
    “This is not an issue of policy disagreement or personal animosity. When someone doesn’t have the ability to do the job properly, they need to be fired,” he concluded.

Sarwark may be setting the stage for one of the loudest Never Trumpers in Congress, Rep. Justin Amash (I-MI), to run for President in the LP. Amash has publicly flirted with the idea of running for President in 2020 against Trump for quite some time now.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/settin...s-impeachment/

Line by Line, A Complete Debunking of the Democrats’ Articles of Impeachment
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sarwark may be setting the stage for one of the loudest Never Trumpers in Congress, Rep. Justin Amash (I-MI), to run for President in the LP.
    Yes! As long as it doesn't interfere with his reelection (maybe I should say alleged reelection to cut down the threats, crystal ball gazing and whining), I want to see this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Yes! As long as it doesn't interfere with his reelection (maybe I should say alleged reelection to cut down the threats, crystal ball gazing and whining), I want to see this!
    I won't mind if the LP finishes committing suicide by nominating Amash and endorsing a treasonous coup.
    They are a liability to the cause of liberty and need to go away and be replaced.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I won't mind if the LP finishes committing suicide by nominating Amash and endorsing a treasonous coup.
    They are a liability to the cause of liberty and need to go away and be replaced.
    The irony thickens.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

If the LP wants Trump to get impeached, they should at least give reasons that aren't the same as the Democrats.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    If the LP wants Trump to get impeached, they should at least give reasons that aren't the same as the Democrats.
    That would require them to attack Demoncrats.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

What?? I'd be interested if Hillary was in the shoes of Trump if the LP would be doing this...

I'll answer that...they wouldn't.

The rinos and LP are controlled opposition...wake up...

Glomming on. Ridiculous. As in deserving of ridicule.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

“Like the plurality of Americans who don’t identify with a political party, we are not on Team Red or Team Blue, but we are hurt by the bad policies of both,” he wrote.
    “That’s why the Congress should impeach and remove the current president. He has shown disrespect for the Constitution, spending money without congressional approval, sending troops into war without a congressional declaration, and refusing to cooperate with congressional requests and subpoenas,” Sarwark added.
    “This is not an issue of policy disagreement or personal animosity. When someone doesn’t have the ability to do the job properly, they need to be fired,” he concluded.

The irony thickens.

Very thick. Don’t ya know, whatever the statist quo to keep the statists ticking.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Very thick. Don’t ya know, whatever the statist quo to keep the statists ticking.
    That's the LP's goal alright.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Sarwark is a globalist plant. Globalist at best, CIA at worst. LP executive committee needs to remove him and make vice chair Alex Merced, a real libertarian and RPF member, chairman.

Quote Originally Posted by jon4liberty View Post
    What?? I'd be interested if Hillary was in the shoes of Trump if the LP would be doing this...

Naaa, only the American University (aka a CIA globalist training academy) grad Sarwark is the controlled opposition. Just another Beltway fake.

Amash stating his position is one thing. The chairman of the entire national LP speaking for EVERYONE is something else entirely.

The irony thickens.
    Indeed. Notice there's ZERO posts from the Trumpkin squad in my USMCA=NAU+TPP thread, as Trump pushes to turn over sovereignty to a regional unelected bureaucracy. It's obvious that RPF is being shilled by a handful of sock puppets.
    Last edited by devil21; 12-13-2019 at 08:23 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Sarwark is a globalist plant. Globalist at best, CIA at worst. LP executive committee needs to remove him and make vice chair Alex Merced, a real libertarian and RPF member, chairman.
    Yep. Dump that sack of $#@!.
    "The Patriarch"

Naaa, only the American University (aka a CIA globalist training academy) grad Sarwark is the controlled opposition. Just another Beltway fake.

Amash stating his position is one thing. The chairman of the entire national LP speaking for EVERYONE is something else entirely.
    The entire party has been compromised now.
    There may be candidates who aren't but the party is just another tool of the deepstate now, and that definitely includes Amash.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The entire party has been compromised now.
    There may be candidates who aren't but the party is just another tool of the deepstate now, and that definitely includes Amash.
    Amash isn't even a member of the Libertarian Party so what exactly are you talking about?

Though the irony of libertarians bothering with "top down leadership" isn't lost on me. The very notion of Sarwark speaking for the entire LP publicly on any particular political topic is ridiculous by definition.
    Last edited by devil21; 12-13-2019 at 08:28 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by jon4liberty View Post

Of course they would have. Don't be ridiculous. And it wouldn't have been the first time the LP called for a Clinton to be impeached, either.

https://www.carolmoore.net/photos/im...mo-photos.html

Amash isn't even a member of the Libertarian Party so what exactly are you talking about?

Though the irony of libertarians bothering with "top down leadership" isn't lost on me. The very notion of Sarwark speaking for the entire LP publicly on any particular political topic is ridiculous by definition.
    That's not talking, that's slogan spouting.

He never lets facts take RPMs off the spin.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-13-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Amash is angling for the LP nomination and Sarwark is setting things up to give it to him.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Amash is angling for the LP nomination and Sarwark is setting things up to give it to him.
    Sarwark, Weld, whatever, I do not pay attention or follow pied-pipers. Few I support, such as Justin, Kokesh, and others who shed light on the system. This duopoly that you support/endorse will not die anytime soon, thanks to the red-dyed ladies and trump-stitched caps, a platform of which to speak is what I am interested in.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Indeed. Notice there's ZERO posts from the Trumpkin squad in my USMCA=NAU+TPP thread, as Trump pushes to turn over sovereignty to a regional unelected bureaucracy. It's obvious that RPF is being shilled by a handful of sock puppets.
    I do love me some Alex.

Amash isn't going to run. Maybe in 4 years, but not this time.

In the meantime,

(paid paternity leave???)

Trump signed off on all that crap, but the LP is the Deep State. Riiiiight.

The LP looks to be targeted from unscrupulous factions to discredit & perhaps undermine basic principles of liberty.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Amash isn't going to run. Maybe in 4 years, but not this time.

In the meantime,

(paid paternity leave???)

Trump signed off on all that crap, but the LP is the Deep State. Riiiiight.

There have been significant issues with the national Libertarian Party at least since the 90s, but that has nothing at all to do with the usual suspect's continued campaign to smear and discredit ALL libertarians and thus libertarian principles.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    The LP looks to be targeted from unscrupulous factions to discredit & perhaps undermine basic principles of liberty.

Exactly. Some of those "unscrupulous factions" can be found uncomfortably close to home, sadly.
    Last edited by CCTelander; 12-13-2019 at 11:05 PM.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    There have been significant issues with the national Libertarian Party at least since the 90s, but that has nothing at all to do with the usual suspect's continued campaign to smear and discredit ALL libertarians and thus libertarian principles.
    Yeah, I am no fan of Nick. Early on I thought the criticisms of her were of the typical libertarian "eat your own!" sty lings, but at this point it's pretty clear he's from the left wing of the party. If he had accomplished any significant electoral victories, then I could live with that, but at this point he's just another failed LP leader.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    It's a weird conglomeration of various philosophies, that's for sure. I really wish Tom Woods would step into the Chair role for a stint. That would be a fun ride.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For anyone who is a libertarian, the LP is obviously, infinitely, better than either of the major parties.

Whenever partisans of either of those leftist parties attack the LP, the goal is to push some votes one way or the other.

It's transparent and dumb.

There is a movement to take back the party...led by Heise (Mises Caucus), Woods, Horton, Dave Smith, etc. They are putting up Josh Smith as chair and now Hornberger is running for the nomination. Fwiw, they make it sound like it is virtually guaranteed to happen, given the LP has only ~13k members, and between Horton, Woods, and Dave Smith's followers there are hundreds of thousands of principled libertarians, if not millions. So if they get a fraction of those to join the LP, we can watch Hornberger, who Horton says is a 9.75 on a scale of 1-10 (Ron is a perfect 10 he says). They really believe another Ron Paul Revolution can happen with this setup and climate. Not to win of course, but to spread liberty and attack Trump and whoever the Dem candidate is, all the way to election day. The ultimate is if somehow Hornberger could get 5% or whatever to get into a debate with Trump and the Democrat. They feel he can really excel in that situation, like Ron did. The Mises Caucus came about to clean out and reclaim the party, and they've been doing that with Josh Smith, but they feel they hit the jackpot when Hornberger decided to run.

Whether or not any of this pans out I have no idea. I'm just surprised more people here aren't aware of it.

The Libertarian Party (LP) “officially endorsed the impeachment of President Donald Trump on Friday, releasing a statement indicating their support of the Democrat-driven witch hunt.
    LP Chairman Nick Sarwark published a post on Facebook stating that it is time to tell the President that he is fired.
    Sarwark wrote: “As Chairman of the Libertarian Party, I urge the House to approve the articles of impeachment and send them to the Senate for a trial. This will start the process of telling the president those words he’s so familiar with, ‘You’re fired!'”

Sarwark bashed the petty partisanship of Washington D.C. while endorsing an impeachment witch hunt that is one of the most egregious examples of this phenomenon.

Sarwark may be setting the stage for one of the loudest Never Trumpers in Congress, Rep. Justin Amash (I-MI), to run for President in the LP. Amash has publicly flirted with the idea of running for President in 2020 against Trump for quite some time now.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/settin...s-impeachment/

Line by Line, A Complete Debunking of the Democrats’ Articles of Impeachment
    Ok, fair enuf. But where was he when all this applied to Obama?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Doesn't this apply to Obama or any politician?

I feel like screaming..."no $#@! motherfucker!, Ya think!"

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Ok, fair enuf. But where was he when all this applied to Obama?
    Amash was silent as O'Bummer committed a long string of blatant impeachable offenses.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Amash was silent as O'Bummer committed a long string of blatant impeachable offenses.
    "$#@! Amash!" He can suck my balls!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast