Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: QE4 Started & Nobody Noticed

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    You're still maintaining the narrative that Chinese pays the tariffs? LOL indeed. Tariffs are a cover story for dollar devaluation, imported goods costing more, that's all.
    China either pays the tariffs or loses the sales.
    Either way they lose dollars they desperately need to pay their gigantic dollar denominated debt.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Also important to note that the rate of inflation has also significantly declined since the 1980s. Lower inflation means lower interest rates.

hey troll. how about you stop destroying our conspiracy theory that hyperinflation is coming any day now? we need to sell gold or else my kids will be homeless.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I think we're saying the same thing in different ways.

The fundamental economic problem is that the state's policies are diverting increasingly large quantities of resources toward relatively unproductive (if not actually consumptive) enterprises (e.g. "zombie companies"). Since the state finances these redistributions through inflation (because of political limits to conventional taxation), the end result will be inflationary. Barring a radical political change that would curb the growth of the state's economic interventions, we're going to experience declining economic growth and rising inflation. We should expect a repeat of the 1970s, except this time there will be no Volcker on a white horse. The misallocations are much worse now than they were c. 1980, and the liquidation required to correct them would be so painful that a Volcker-esque policy is politically impossible. I don't see any plausible argument for any outcome other than massive devaluation. That doesn't mean that there can't be a traditional, deflationary recession at some point (or several points) over the course of this future, because the Fed isn't always able to predict exactly when and how much it needs to print to prevent one, but they aren't going to allow the kind of cleansing liquidation that's necessary to fix the system. If they launched nearly half a trillion not-QE QE during relatively good times, imagine what they're going to do if/when GDP actually goes negative one quarter. Draghi's "whatever it takes" wasn't hyperbole.

P.S. If you look at a chart of the federal funds rate, note how there have been lower highs and lower lows each cycle since c. 1980. In a way, that tells the whole story. There's lot of talk by central bankers and mainstream economists about the zero bound and unconventional monetary policy, even leaking into the popular press, but the silence as to why we're at this point, or what it really means, is deafening. They treat it like some kind of technical difficulty solvable by tweaking the XYZ lending facility, when actually it represents the terminal crisis of this monetary system.
    I think it was at the last Fed meeting at Jackson Hole I saw this interview with a guy from India. The interviewer asked him something like: "Why can't you just lower rates (in India) to promote growth?" He replied: "We're not like you, we have to worry about inflation."

It's like we're in this fantasy world where the laws of economics have been suspended. But it can't last forever.

Now China has caught a little cold that threatens the dollar trade recycling scheme...

hmm....
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

But now you can't talk to people because of "social distancing"....brought to you by shills and politicians.

Tesla going parabolic, in conjunction with Fed repo cash injections directly into the Wall St. banking sector. ~100B today.

Total coincidence I'm sure. Equity markets are most certainly not tracking Fed repo operations.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/li...rt-repo-crisis

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

But now you can't talk to people because of "social distancing"....brought to you by shills and politicians.

Tesla going parabolic, in conjunction with Fed repo cash injections directly into the Wall St. banking sector. ~100B today.

Total coincidence I'm sure. Equity markets are most certainly not tracking Fed repo operations.

Fed started putting money into the repo markets in September. Did Tesla stocks soar then? Has the stock market in general soared? Or just specific stocks?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-04-2020 at 02:22 PM.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Ominously, the massive demand for term repo today means that the liquidity crisis that continues to percolate just below the surface of the market and has clogged up the critical plumbing within the US financial system, is getting worse, not better, and today's massive oversubscription indicates that one or more entities continues to face a dire shortage of reserves, i.e., cash. As for what they are doing with that cash, one look at Tesla this morning may provide an answer.
    And Tesla had a drop at the end of the day. Sounds like some boys on Wall St. are day trading with no interest Fed loans. Nothing to see here, move along.

Moral hazard and malinvestment, as Ron Paul would say.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Fed started putting money into the repo markets in September. Did Tesla stocks soar then? Has the stock market in general soared? Or just specific stocks?
    "Agenda 2030" stocks sure have and continue to. If it's a stock related to Agenda 2030 goals, it has as much Fed cash as it needs to continue operations. Obviously Musk has known that Tesla will not be allowed to fail as an Agenda 2030 company, hence his constant mocking of shorts and blatant disregard for securities law.
    Last edited by devil21; 02-04-2020 at 11:33 PM.

"Agenda 2030" stocks sure have and continue to. If it's a stock related to Agenda 2030 goals, it has as much Fed cash as it needs to continue operations. Obviously Musk has known that Tesla will not be allowed to fail as an Agenda 2030 company, hence his constant mocking of shorts and blatant disregard for securities law.
    How have other "Agenda 2030" stocks performed? Have they also been soaring since September?

it has as much Fed cash as it needs to continue operations.
    How much money has the Fed given to Tesla? Other Agenda 2030 companies?

(Rising stock prices don't give any new money to a company- they got their money when they sold shares. It is the share holders who benefit from the rising stock prices- not the company- unless they own their own shares and even then they would not realize any of those gains unless they sold their stock).
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-05-2020 at 01:30 PM.

How have other "Agenda 2030" stocks performed? Have they also been soaring since September?
    Pretty much all the spy tech stocks, autonomous car stocks, food delivery stocks, rent-a-thingie stocks, streaming propaganda social engineering tv stocks. They're all under the umbrella of Agenda 2030 stocks. They've all done well since the PPT was turned on in Jan 19 and have continued to do well. Record NASDAQ and SP500 today, no? They're all for conditioning people to a reduced standard of living in Gaza-like controlled movement cities. Living in jail cells without even realizing it...

How much money has the Fed given to Tesla? Other Agenda 2030 companies?
    Who knows. The Fed open market operations aren't audited and what is audited is a rubber stamp. Remember how we needed an act of Congress to find out about the trillions doled out in secret?

(Rising stock prices don't give any new money to a company- they got their money when they sold shares. It is the share holders who benefit from the rising stock prices- not the company- unless they own their own shares and even then they would not realize any of those gains unless they sold their stock).
    Gee, I'm glad to know that. There haven't been giant routine buyback programs going on for the last 10 years or anything like that, has there?
    Then there's stock as collateral for debt raising so yes rising valuations do (or at least can) give new money to a company. The higher the stock value, the better the collateral it is, the more debt the company can secure to keep the lights on even when they're otherwise a money losing zombie corp. As long as the Fed keeps pumping new cash into Wall St, the stock market is artificially held up, valuations are artificially held up, debt interest rates are suppressed, which allows Agenda 2030 companies to finish their social and physical engineering projects. That is, until the curtain is pulled back and we find out they're mostly just institutionally supported Enrons. Book cooking, money laundering operations is what the markets have become.

Tell us again Zip how repo was only overnight and only for a few days, won't you please?
    Last edited by devil21; 02-24-2020 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I went ahead and played some Goszilla live today anyway .
    Saw B.O.C. play Godzilla live back in the day.
    When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? - Miguel de Cervantes, (Don Quixote)

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the Federal Reserve Notes of patriotic central banks

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Saw B.O.C. play Godzilla live back in the day.
    I think I have seen them at least three times . Great music .

Fed just announced HUGE bond buying program. $1.5T number floated.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/12/fed-...purchases.html
    Last edited by devil21; 03-12-2020 at 11:22 AM.

fun thread to review. fed still pledging to prop up tesla via outright corporate bond buying while 401ks crash into nothingness.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    fun thread to review. fed still pledging to prop up tesla via outright corporate bond buying while 401ks crash into nothingness.
    Gold was up 70 bucks today. They can only suppress it for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Gold was up 70 bucks today. They can only suppress it for so long.
    Really, who is still talking about tariffs now?

There's a big part of me that wants to rub Zip's, Swordy's and other noses in this turn of "news" but they're gone....so whatevs.

Treasuries are backed entirely by the working stiff's ability to pay interest to the bankers on debts, that's it. No worky=no taxy=no value.
    Last edited by devil21; 03-23-2020 at 10:57 PM.

Really, who is still talking about tariffs now?

There's a big part of me that wants to rub Zip's, Swordy's and other noses in this turn of "news" but they're gone....so whatevs.

Treasuries are backed entirely by the working stiff's ability to pay interest to the bankers on debts, that's it. No worky=no taxy=no value.
    If you have some spare time i highly recommend :

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...4-hour-Q-amp-A

Ding ding ding. What do I win?

The article claims the Treasury ends up taking back all the Treasuries as bagholder and that may happen (I said the Fed would be ultimate bagholder) but close enough for government work. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. The $#@! was never real in the first place.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/feds-...110052807.html

In other words, the federal government is nationalizing large swaths of the financial markets. The Fed is providing the money to do it. BlackRock will be doing the trades.

This scheme essentially merges the Fed and Treasury into one organization. So, meet your new Fed chairman, Donald J. Trump.
    Fwiw, it don't agree with the author's belief that stocks markets will ramp in response. These various debt instruments, that the Fed is buying, that are being "repatriated" (and canceled out) were the basis of much of the point values of the indexes in the first place, especially since probably 2001 but maybe as far back as early 1970's when the dollar became backed by fairy tales (Dow 3000-5000), along with general currency in circulation. Basic accounting says those entries have to be zero'ed out to balance the books and the associated points on the indexes removed also. Hence also the push to remove FRN cash from circulation as much as practical. They are liabilities that originated from Treasuries.

---------------
    I should also incorporate my other long running threads about this grand plan:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-money-is-done

and

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-the-US-dollar
    Last edited by devil21; 03-28-2020 at 11:19 AM.

Now the Fed will be 'repoing' Treasuries held by other central banks

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/fe...n-central-bank

this time to foreign central banks, in the form of a repo facility targeting "foreign and international monetary authorities", i.e. foreign central banks which will be allowed to exchange Treasuries held in custody at the Fed for US dollars.
    Treasury issue dumping is in full effect now.

Now the Fed will be 'repoing' Treasuries held by other central banks

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/fe...n-central-bank

Treasury issue dumping is in full effect now.
    Yes. That is set to run up to Oct 06 right now .

Fed balance sheet this Thursday is going to be very interesting. The FIMA repos don't start until next week. Fed balance sheet a week from Thursday is going to also be very interesting.
    I compiled a "brief" history of events since October 2008 that are defining the global currency war and the role that gold is playing:

Tin Foil Hats, Economic Reality and the Total Perspective Vortex

Also, have you contacted your Congressional Rep and asked them co-sponsor Ron Paul's Rep. Paul Broun Jr.'s HR 1098 77: Free Competition in Currencies Act?

4/2/20: $ 5.859T

Fed balance sheet will break $6T for sure next week. Will it hit $7T with the FIMA repos?
    I compiled a "brief" history of events since October 2008 that are defining the global currency war and the role that gold is playing:

Also, have you contacted your Congressional Rep and asked them co-sponsor Ron Paul's Rep. Paul Broun Jr.'s HR 1098 77: Free Competition in Currencies Act?

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 04-02-2020 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    4/2/20: $ 5.859T

Fed balance sheet will break $6T for sure next week. Will it hit $7T with the FIMA repos?
    4/9/20: $ 6.131T

Much lower than I was expecting. Seems unreal with all the programs the Fed has initiated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    4/9/20: $ 6.131T

Much lower than I was expecting. Seems unreal with all the programs the Fed has initiated.
    The "balance sheet" doesn't reflect instruments like all of the repo collateral they're holding. That only goes on the balance sheet once the repo borrower has officially defaulted and it's questionable whether the Fed will actually even add defaulted collateral to the balance sheet instead of just making it disappear.

Cato guys think Powell doing a good job.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Yeah, it's real skillful to create massive amounts of money out of nothing in a computer then shovel it into bank reserve accounts so those banks can make loans at interest. Courageous! /s

Isn't it great how the government shuts down the economy then is nice enough to loan us our own money at low interest? Such humanitarians they are! /s
    (Every cent the Treasury has came from your past, current or future labor)

Neither Beckworth or Ozimek would be mistaken for Austrian economists, judging by their histories and writings.
    Last edited by devil21; 04-10-2020 at 09:51 AM.

Here's the REAL truth from Schiff on Powell/Yellen/Bernanke: 'As clueless as ever!'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy7bF7ICNeA

20:45 Talks about Larry Kudlow now being a Socialist

28:00 Talks about Janet Yellen

35:20 Talks about Ben Bernanke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVW5LKPBe3k

10:30 talks about Powell: 'He's a liar'.
    Last edited by Warlord; 04-10-2020 at 10:23 AM.
    Pledge to donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20: (http://FundPatriotsDay.com)

Donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20 (http://ThomasMassie.com)

Follow Me on twitter: @MassieBomb

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just for giggles I looked up who Beckworth and Ozimek are. A couple of Keynesians posing as libertarians.
    I have linked to Beckworth's blog here for the last five years. Beckworth is decidedly not a Keynesian. Not sure where you got that. He is basically as Friedmanite as you get. My second favorite living economist behind Sumner. Right about everything the last ten years.

Don't really know much about Ozimek.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I have linked to Beckworth's blog here for the last five years. Beckworth is decidedly not a Keynesian. Not sure where you got that. He is basically as Friedmanite as you get. My second favorite living economist behind Sumner. Right about everything the last ten years.

Don't really know much about Ozimek.
    I edited my previous post to not attack them too much directly but suffice it to say that I don't put much stock into what long-time US Treasury employees think about anything, which is what Beckworth is. They've been integral to maintaining the Keynesian debt money slavery system, not opposing it.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast