Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USMCA = NAU+TPP

I remember that thread. It replaced this one.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...s.org+8679%252

Quote Originally Posted by SwordShyll
    How dare you pollute an activism thread with this kind of defeatism?
    Sounds like Thunburg. Still mad at e_d for pointing out that Trump was taking Javarnka's advice and staying in the agreement, which he has now replaced with something at least as bad?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-14-2019 at 09:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty, via a neg rep
    And you would defend Satan himself if he agreed with you on immigration.
    And what is my opinion on immigration, Brian? I've got nearly 49,000 posts. Search them.

Here's what you'll find. I believe open immigration won't work in a welfare state. I believe if we fixed the economy, the majority of us would be for immigration. Two thousand miles of border fence would be an expensive and ineffective boondoggle. Immigrants, no matter how conservative, won't vote Republican as long as Republicans openly hate on them. A nation has a right to control immigration, but this government is committed to incompetence and corruption, and is therefore incapable of doing that. And I'm sick to death of every other thread on this forum being hijacked to talk about how horrible immigrants are. So sick of it that I would call out the Archangel Gabriel for doing that.

If you have convinced yourself I have any other position on immigration, then you have let your own opinion on the subject color your perception of me. The question is, you have let that color your perception of me and who or what else? Could it be SwordShyll is everything Superfluous Man is and more relentless and more obnoxious, but you won't let yourself see it because the Shyll plays to your bias, and Superfluous cuts against it?

You know, that's fine, to a point. No one thinks you ought not have beliefs. But when you start using your mod powers to punish people for disagreeing, or refuse to use your mod powers where you should because someone agrees with you, the forum dies.

I would defend Satan himself? I have news. I don't agree with Superfluous Man. Are you comparing him to Satan? Most people assume Satan is less polite than him.

Would you defend Satan himself if he agreed with you on immigration, Brian?

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    “My Guy” has to be a Good Guy because I am a Good Guy and know what a Good Guy is.

Since you don’t like My Guy then you can’t be a Good Guy because Good Guys would never like the Other Guy.

I am pretty sure that’s the gist with these Team Players. Then they blarge on about Defending the Constitution and oaths like good little trained seals.

I have discovered that most humans are incapable of truthful analysis and logic. That is why it’s so effective for the government and media to pump this trash out 24/7. People just gobble it up because they are simply unable to create an independent thought and too damn stupid to realize it. Welcome to the suck.
    Excuse me for not owning the assumption that I agree with every little thing Superfluous Man says, just because banning him for talking immigration in too many threads, and allegedly putting words in people's mouths, and not banning Swordshyll for talking immigration in more unrelated threads and putting more words in people's mouths, does not look like impartial, just moderation to me.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-14-2019 at 10:55 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    And what is my opinion on immigration, Brian? I've got nearly 49,000 posts. Search them.

Here's what you'll find. I believe open immigration won't work in a welfare state. I believe if we fixed the economy, the majority of us would be for immigration. Two thousand miles of border fence would be an expensive and ineffective boondoggle. Immigrants, no matter how conservative, won't vote Republican as long as Republicans openly hate on them. A nation has a right to control immigration, but this government is committed to incompetence and corruption, and is therefore incapable of doing that. And I'm sick to death of every other thread on this forum being hijacked to talk about how horrible immigrants are. So sick of it that I would call out the Archangel Gabriel for doing that.

If you have convinced yourself I have any other position on immigration, then you have let your own opinion on the subject color your perception of me. The question is, you have let that color your perception of me and who or what else? Could it be SwordShyll is everything Superfluous Man is and more relentless and more obnoxious, but you won't let yourself see it because the Shyll plays to your bias, and Superfluous cuts against it?

You know, that's fine, to a point. No one thinks you ought not have beliefs. But when you start using your mod powers to punish people for disagreeing, or refuse to use your mod powers where you should because someone agrees with you, the forum dies.

I would defend Satan himself? I have news. I don't agree with Superfluous Man. Are you comparing him to Satan? Most people assume Satan is less polite than him.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to acptulsa again.

I still can't believe Super was banned simply for not being sufficiently anti immigrant.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Excuse me for not owning the assumption that I agree with every little thing Superfluous Man says, just because banning him for talking immigration in too many threads, and allegedly putting words in people's mouths, and not banning Swordshyll for talking immigration in more unrelated threads and putting more words in people's mouths, does not look like impartial, just moderation to me.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to acptulsa again.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Casey Jones making a comeback?
    "The Patriarch"

This is exactly what Libertarians want. NO BORDERS NO WALL NO USA AT ALL
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    This is exactly what Libertarians want. NO BORDERS NO WALL NO USA AT ALL
    Always fun to see people pop up to collectivize libertarians.

Remember when it was mainly liberal Obamabots accusing us of marching in lockstep?

bump
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Now, let me get this straight. Amash is labeled a "traitor" and accused of helping to "destroy the constitution and rule of law" for participating in a process that is, at least at face value, prescribed by that very constitution.

Trump, on the other hand, signs this treaty which if ratified would formally hand off American sovereighnty to a multi-national entity and there's very little by way of criticism, let alone such hue and cry as raised against Amash. How is formally handing away American sovereignty any less a "destruction if the constitution and rule of law" than is voting for impeachment?

Curious.
    +rep
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Please point to anyone defending the USMCA.

There are plenty of people trying to tell us not to worry about the impeachment coup.
    There are plenty of people who are against impeachment but don't consider it a coup. Me for instance. Just because someone doesn't go along with your hyperbole or doesn't think Amash is a traitor for voting for impeachment doesn't mean that person agrees with impeachment or thinks it's not worth worrying about.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Exclamation GHW BushBot - A New World Order coming into view

A coup to overthrow the Constitutional Government of the United States of America. It's the Hillary/Trump neocons stupid.

"A New World Order coming into view" ~GHW Bush/Trump.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Please point to anyone defending the USMCA.

There are plenty of people trying to tell us not to worry about the impeachment coup.
    But you are some other old timers, defend the hell out of the man who is pushing this trade deal daily

There are so many people here supporting it that I need to debate?
    Who here is supporting impeachment besides Zippy? For that matter Zippy may be supporting the USMCA.

Always fun to see people pop up to collectivize libertarians.

Remember when it was mainly liberal Obamabots accusing us of marching in lockstep?
    He just wants "objectivity".

"The Patriarch"

Labor

US Vice President Mike Pence speaks on the USMCA to at a Uline distribution center in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin in 2019
    USMCA Annex 23-A requires Mexico to pass legislation that improves the collective bargaining capabilities of labor unions.[26] The specific standards Mexico is required to comply with are detailed in the International Labour Organization's Convention 98 on freedom of association and collective bargaining. The administration of Mexico's President, Andrés Manuel López Obrador, introduced legislation in late 2018 which pursues compliance with these international standards.

Other labor related measures include a minimum wage requirement in the automotive industry. Specifically, 40 to 45 percent of the automobiles manufactured in North America must be made in a factory that pays a minimum of $16 per hour.[25] This measure will be phased in during the first five years after USMCA ratification.

Intellectual Property

The USMCA will extend the copyright length in Canada to life plus 70 years, and 75 years for sound recordings.[27] This extension mirrors the same IP policy captured in the text of the Trans-Pacific Partnership, paragraph 18.63.[28] Furthermore, biotechnological firms would have at least 10 years exclusivity period for agricultural chemicals (double the current 5), and industrial designs' period would "jump" from current 10 to 15 years.

Elimination of Foreign Office and Local Presence requirements

The USMCA would eliminate the need for companies to establish headquarters in any other USMCA country. It will encourage cross-border business by excluding US companies from the need to localize data, open a Canadian or Mexican HQ. For example, McDonald's Canada would cease to exist and there would only be a North American McDonald's or Apple.

Sunset clause

Additionally, there is a stipulation that the agreement itself must be reviewed by the three nations every six years, with a 16-year sunset clause. The agreement can be extended for additional 16-year terms during the six-year reviews.[31] The introduction of the sunset clause places more control in shaping the future of the USMCA in the hands of domestic governments. However, there is concern that this can create greater uncertainty. Sectors such as automotive manufacturing require significant investment in cross-border supply chains.[32] Given the dominance of the United States consumer market, this will likely pressure firms to locate more production in the US, with greater likelihood of increased production costs for those vehicles.

Currency

A new addition in the USMCA is the inclusion of Chapter 33 which covers Macroeconomic Policies and Exchange Rate Matters. This is considered significant because it could set a precedent for future trade agreements. Chapter 33 establishes requirements for currency and macroeconomic transparency which, if violated, would constitute grounds for a Chapter 20 dispute appeal. The US, Canada, and Mexico are all currently in compliance with these transparency requirements in addition to the substantive policy requirements which align with the International Monetary Fund Articles of Agreement.

Against exchange rate manipulation

The USMCA countries are to abide IMF standards aimed to prevent the manipulation of exchange rates. The agreement calls for a public disclosure of market interventions. The IMF can be summoned to act as a referee if the parties dispute.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...nada_Agreement

//

bump for posterity

The best deals!

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Got out of NAFTA

Meet the New and improved NAU...
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Got out of NAFTA

Meet the New and improved NAU...
    Goes to show how easy it really is to dupe conservatives under a cult of personality. Fake attack a media created figure and then whatever he does and supports will be either embraced or overlooked, even if it goes completely contrary to what conservatives claim to support. It's almost too easy....I gotta give TPTB credit for executing the plan almost seamlessly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12