Thread: Rand Paul: Deep state protected John Brennan's security clearance

Rand Paul: Deep state protected John Brennan's security clearance

Sen. Rand Paul suspects someone revoked President Trump's order to have former CIA Director John Brennan's security clearance revoked.
    The president announced in August that Brennan's security clearance was being stripped due to "erratic behavior" that disqualified him from having access to sensitive information. But the White House never followed through with the complicated bureaucratic process of revocation, a source told the New York Times in a report published last month.
    Asked to comment about it in an interview on CNN, Paul said the "deep state," in which federal or military officials defy a democratically elected government, was likely to blame.
    "Now the deep state is actually protecting their own and not listening to the president's orders," the Kentucky Republican said on Tuesday. "I was sitting in the White House when President Trump said I want his security clearance taken, and I saw the order given. I saw the chief of staff was there, not the current chief of staff, the previous chief of staff."
    "People talk about the deep state, now the deep state's actually protecting their own," says Sen. @RandPaul on ex-CIA Dir. John Brennan keeping his security clearance.

"I was sitting in the White House when President Trump said I want his security clearance taken." pic.twitter.com/YcKRG26L1c
    — CNN Newsroom (@CNNnewsroom) June 4, 2019

He was referring to former White House chief of staff John Kelly.
    "If they are working against ... the president that really does disrupt our country, does disrupt a representative democracy where the president makes a decision. If someone is countermanding that, I think we need to get to the bottom of that," Paul said.
    A close ally of the president, Paul said he hopes Trump will conduct a search to find out who defied his order.

More at: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...rity-clearance
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I support Rand? Is that allowed here in the current TDS atmosphere?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I support Rand? Is that allowed here in the current TDS atmosphere?
    You should support Brennan.

At least that is what some posters would have us believe.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You should support Brennan.

At least that is what some posters would have us believe.
    You need to understand Brennan's perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    You need to understand Brennan's perspective.
    Any stick will do to beat a dog, right?

And Trump is the designated dog to be beaten, the MSM says so.

It couldn't be that Trump is the best available rock to use to crush the slug of the deepstate, right?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

But…but…but the New York Times assured us a year ago that Brennan’s security clearance had never been revoked. – They wouldn’t lie to us, would they?

Apparently, they would. The Washington Examiner reports today that corrupt Obama CIA Director John Brennan discovered he no longer has access to classified information while he was working on a new book.

From the DC Examiner piece:
    Former CIA Director John Brennan, a vocal critic of President Trump, found out he had been blocked from accessing his classified notes and records while working on his new memoir.
    He writes in his forthcoming book, Undaunted: My Fight Against America’s Enemies, at Home and Abroad, that after months of “haggling” he discovered the CIA was abiding by the directive Trump gave in August 2018 “that purportedly forbids anyone in the intelligence community from sharing classified information with me.”
    The White House confirmed the directive was being enforced, which is news considering the New York Times reported in May of last year that the president never revoked Brennan’s security clearance.
    “The President has constitutional authority to control access to classified information, which he exercised here in view of Mr. Brennan’s erratic behavior and the President’s belief that access to classified information should be solely for the benefit of the government and the American people,” White House spokesman Judd Deere said.

[End]
    Brennan, who has been clearly implicated in the Obamagate schemes to fix the 2016 election and spy on the Trump campaign and transition team, is currently a target of John Durham’s investigation and likely in jeopardy of spending many years in federal prison. Obviously, it would not be in any way appropriate for such a person to maintain a security clearance while the investigation is ongoing.

More at: https://dbdailyupdate.com/index.php/...-from-germany/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I think its safe to say that under any other president, Brennan would still have clearance until his last breath. Thanks to Rand for pushing this when nobody else would.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.