Thread: Americans Remain Idle As The Tyrant Mocks

Americans Remain Idle As The Tyrant Mocks

Entire article here:

https://reason.com/2019/12/09/report...ly-mishandled/

Report Says FBI Snooping on Trump Campaign Aide Was Justified but Badly Mishandled

The FBI’s screw-ups when wiretapping Carter Page weren’t motivated by political bias. But that’s not exactly good news.

SCOTT SHACKFORD | 12.9.2019 4:00 PM
    Carter Page (Korotayev Artyom/ZUMA Press/Newscom)

According to a massive report that the Department of Justice's Office of the Inspector General released today, the FBI's investigation of the 2016 Trump campaign's possible connections with the Russian government was justified and not driven by political bias—but it was full of blunders and bad omissions.

The report analyzes the circumstances under which the FBI asked the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Amendment (FISA) courts for permission to secretly wiretap Carter Page, a foreign policy advisor in Trump's campaign. FBI officials were concerned Page might be compromised or working as a foreign agent, and they sought and received permission to wiretap him, permission they renewed three times.

But did anti-Trump bias cloud the attitudes of the officials involved in the decision to open the investigation? Text messages between former FBI lawyer Lisa Page and FBI agent Peter Strzok fueled "deep state" theories claiming that the investigation was launched in order to take Trump down. Their requests to the FISA court relied partly on a dossier alleging that Russian officials had compromising info on Trump—a dossier the former British spy Christopher Steele had developed as a political weapon. That raised the question of whether the FISA court had received adequate explanation about the dossier's roots and credibility.

After a lengthy investigation involving more than 170 interviews with more than 100 witnesses, the Office of the Inspector General has concluded that the decisions to open an investigation and to request renewals of the warrants were not driven by a bias against Trump. But it did not conclude that everything the FBI did was fine. According to the report, the FBI was not as thorough and as accurate as it needed to be as it was requesting permission to wiretap Page:

Our review found that FBI personnel fell far short of the requirement in FBI policy that they ensure that all factual statements in a FISA application are "scrupulously accurate." We identified multiple instances in which factual assertions relied upon in the first FISA application were inaccurate, incomplete, or unsupported by appropriate documentation, based upon information the FBI had in its possession at the time the application was filed.

The IG office found seven problems with the very first FISA warrant application. These included: leaving out the fact that Page in the past had provided the FBI with information about his contacts with Russian intelligence officers; overstating the degree that Steele's prior reporting had been used in criminal proceedings; omitting information from Steele himself that one of his sources was prone to boasting and may have some credibility issues; incorrectly claiming that Steele wasn't the source of a leak of his information to Yahoo News; and even omitting some comments from consensual interviews with Page where he denied having met certain Russian officials. These errors were not corrected in the renewal applications.

More soft-peddling of the evils of "the state". Note the minimally clever spin that denies intent in exchange for bumbling. This wholly excuses the actions taken, for all practical purposes because nobody will be punished with any significance and Theye will continue as they please. The Inspector General has screwed every last one of us in the back-hole with a plunge few Americans will grasp sufficiently.

We are in very deep $#@!, America, and are heading for the worst of outcomes precisely because idly we sit in tolerance of the intolerable while Theye snicker as they openly mock us.

Theye are swiping the dregs of liberty, such as they may pathetically be, and we allow it. The rotten heart of Orwell's 1984 has been transplanted into the American breast with the sugary skin of Skinner's Brave New World grafted onto our national flesh and we as a nation have fallen for it completely, not just in tolerance, but in some macabre form of welcome.

We are corrupted. We are destroyed. We deserve nothing better than the overt and abject slavery that has been foisted upon us as we watched in idle fascination, refusing to believe that it is what it actually is. We, rather than clamoring for the bracing competition that is true and proper human freedom, demanded the half-measures of pretty slavery, the acceptance of the least tyranny equating to the acceptance of every and all. We wanted, nay demanded, the perceived benefits of liberty while rejecting in ever increasing measure, every cost that is part and parcel with it.

And now we sit yet idle, as the last remains of hope for a better world slips, crumb by slab, from our national and personal endowments of birthright as Freemen. We stare agape as the killer clowns of the "State" make the final mockery of each and every one of us, in the precise manner of the man who, refusing to use the brains given him through nature, is no different from those who have none.

Though my hope is not quite completely exhausted, current circumstances reduce its volume and amplitude to a low I never thought I would experience, and yet here we are.

We doom ourselves with open arms in welcome to the Death Of Liberty and to everything decent about men, and beautiful about life. We do it eagerly, or grudgingly; it makes no matter for the result it the same. The chains Theye have forged, WE have voluntarily stepped into, and now repair seems ever so close to impossibility.

So enjoy ye the shreds of thy prerogative for as long as it may yet last, for once the Tyrant closes the door on thy liberty for real, the changes will come swiftly and as a great and killing torrent, leaving thy status as a free being adash upon the rocks of his political might and will. And when it happens, remember that it was always within our collective grasp to put the Tyrant to his ignominious end, but that you sat idle in the denial of what was happening for the sake of your corrupted sense of convenience.

Then shall ye know that thou dost deserve the chains you place upon thine own ankles and wrists, and had best not dare utter the least complaint of woe before God or the galaxies, lest thou reap the result of rent flesh and spirit that thou shalt surely deserve in mighty heaps and with no mercy.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump is a corrupt puppet of the International Cabal.

He will rig 2020 or even go to war to put off the election

Deep State vs. Trump is a 100% false narrative

If he is not impeached, he will steal 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Good, I hope he steals it then as he is at least twice as good as any of the other $#@!s running. at least he makes a mockery of politics.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Entire article here:

https://reason.com/2019/12/09/report...ly-mishandled/

According to a massive report that the Department of Justice's Office of the Inspector General released today, the FBI's investigation of the 2016 Trump campaign's possible connections with the Russian government was justified and not driven by political bias—but it was full of blunders and bad omissions.
    So many ways to say the same thing. No need for massive reports and expensive investigations. Just put out a short statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    “We investigated ourselves, and found no evidence of illegal wrongdoing. Procedures were followed, with some minor technical paperwork errors that did not amount to actionable intentional violations of policy.”
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Kind of hard for Americans to do anything about it when most of them have been psychologically destroyed.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Trump is a corrupt puppet of the International Cabal.
    Evidence? Proof?

He will rig 2020 or even go to war to put off the election
    Once again, what is your proof?

Deep State vs. Trump is a 100% false narrative
    It might be, but if we conduct even the most cursory analysis, the claim seems to make little sense. If the overarching goal of the globalists is world dominion and if we further assume that America is the only significant population that stands in the way of closing the net, so to speak, then why inject all this drama?

Prior to Obama, race relations were quite good in America. Prior to 9/11, Americans were happily napping as the Tyrant buggered him and his children in his manifold ways. Bit by piecemeal bit, the Tyrant was consistently and inexorably tightening his grip around our necks as we sat oblivious like the proverbial boiling frogs. Reiterating the assumption that dominion is the goal, why would Theye upset this peaceably compliant applecart? Either the goal is other than that which we have assumed, or what we are seeing is, at least in part, genuine in that it is not political theatre of the brand that seeks to distract and deceive, thereby disproving your assertion of a false narrative.

So which is it? My money would be against your assertion precisely because adept and wise tyrants hold close the values of keeping things simple and not fixing that which is not broken. Rotten and loathesome as they may be, Theye are by no means stupid. Therefore, and in my opinion, Theye are unlikely to stir a pot that needs no disturbance.

Once again, how do you reason, beyond mere and unsupported assertion? Your tone conveys your displeasure, so let me ask you whom you would see in his place? You could not seriously posit that any of the Democrat buffoons would be better. That leaves... whom?

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Kind of hard for Americans to do anything about it when most of them have been psychologically destroyed.
    I wish I could give an answer worthy and reflective of hope, but I have yet to discover it. We really are on the edge.

The greatest hope I see now rests with Virginia and the 41 counties that have pledged to wave the special finger at the authoritarian governor and legislature in defiance of the promise of draconian gun legislation. The attorney general has thrown down the gauntlet, thereby establishing the line in the sand. I can but hope that each side will stand fast to their vows, that the "state" will transgress, and the counties will destroy the trespassers, setting the example and precedent for the rest of the nation and that the remainder of good Americans will follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    at least he makes a mockery of politics.
    How this managed to evade me... evades me.

Trump is worth the while for this reason alone.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.