Thread: Congress is Trump’s Co-Conspirator Against Liberty

Congress is Trump’s Co-Conspirator Against Liberty

written by ron paul
    monday december 9, 2019

rp-weekly-button.jpg

Imagine that President Trump spent his phone call with the Ukrainian president threatening to withhold military aid unless the Ukrainian government agreed to use the money to purchase weapons from a US manufacturer. Does anyone seriously think that foreign service professionals and deep state operatives would be so shocked and offended by Trump’s request that they would launch efforts to impeach him? Would Congress view this as “high crimes and misdemeanors” or applaud Trump for carrying out one of modern presidents’ supposedly most important jobs — acting as salesmen for the American military-industrial complex?

This hypothetical shows that impeachment is not about President Trump’s abuse of power. Instead, it is an attempt to make sure President Trump, and all future presidents, confine their abuses of power to items that advance the agenda of the political establishment.

President Trump’s most consequential abuses of power have been met with the full approval of the majority in Congress, the mainstream media, and the deep state. For example, when President Trump launched military action in Syria without obtaining a congressional declaration of war there were no calls for his impeachment. Instead, most members of Congress were perfectly happy to let stand unchallenged President Trump’s claim that the 2001 authorization for use of military force —a limited grant of authority to act against those responsible for the September 11, 2001 attacks — gave him the authority to launch military action against a government that had nothing to do with the September 11th attacks. The only times Congress rebukes President Trump’s foreign policy is when he speaks favorably about pursuing peaceful relations with Russia or ending US involvement in no-win military conflicts.

This hypocrisy extends beyond foreign policy. Many Democrats who claim that President Trump is both a fascist and mentally unhinged are eager to ensure President Trump can continue to conduct warrantless surveillance on every American by reauthorizing Section 215 of the PATRIOT Act.

Trump-opposing progressives in Congress are also eager to give President Trump new authority to violate the Second Amendment. Even those progressives who say they believe Trump is a deranged fascist did not object when he endorsed “red flag” laws that give the government power to, as President Trump put it, “take the guns first, go through due process second.”

Perhaps the most sickening example of Trump’s congressional opponents’ hypocrisy is how many of those fretting about the safety of the Urkrainegate ”whistleblower” are silent about, or supportive of, the Trump administration’s complicity in the inhumane treatment of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange. They are also silent about the US government throwing Chelsea Manning back into jail because she refuses to help the US prosecution of Mr. Assange.

All modern presidents have exceeded constitutional limitations on their power and thus could have, and maybe should have, been impeached. The reason they were not impeached is that a majority of Congress members support allowing presidents to wage war abroad and destroy liberty at home without being “hamstrung” by Congress. The only real dispute among the political class is which party should wield the levers of power.

Restoring constitutional limits on government power and thus protecting liberty depend on spreading ideas and building a movement. Our lost freedom will only be restored when presidents and members of Congress fear being “impeached” at the ballot box for committing high crimes and misdemeanors against peace, prosperity, and liberty.

http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives...ainst-liberty/

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who is this senile old crank? I seem to dimly recall him doing something, but it escapes me at the moment. In any event he's clearly a few slices short of a loaf to be accusing our Great Orange Hope of such "high crimes and misdemeaners." He's obviously colluding with the likes of Amash, and maybe even Satan, in the coup attempt against our Glorious Leader.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Who is this senile old crank? I seem to dimly recall him doing something, but it escapes me at the moment. In any event he's clearly a few slices short of a loaf to be accusing our Great Orange Hope of such "high crimes and misdemeaners." He's obviously colluding with the likes of Amash, and maybe even Satan, in the coup attempt against our Glorious Leader.
    LOL- don't worry- SS will be along pretty soon, to call him wrong & hopeless.
    There is no spoon.

Lightbulb Impeachment 2020

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Restoring constitutional limits on government power and thus protecting liberty depend on spreading ideas and building a movement. Our lost freedom will only be restored when presidents and members of Congress fear being “impeached” at the ballot box for committing high crimes and misdemeanors against peace, prosperity, and liberty.
    Impeach tyrant Donnell 2020.

Almost, anyone but Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    LOL- don't worry- SS will be along pretty soon, to call him wrong & hopeless.

That's always good for a laugh.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

The word is "gadfly," and you neglected to say "quixotic."

Also, Amash is actually Hillary Clinton in a mask.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    The word is "gadfly," and you neglected to say "quixotic."

Also, Amash is actually Hillary Clinton in a mask.
    Amash is getting decent coverage lately. Probably because he was the only Republican to go against Trump.

I wonder if he can use this added exposure to win in his district as an Independent?

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Amash is getting decent coverage lately. Probably because he was the only Republican to go against Trump.

I wonder if he can use this added exposure to win in his district as an Independent?

Ron Paul suggested that liberty folks should spread the ideas of liberty regardless of "party", and whatever the demographic may be ;-)

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All modern presidents have exceeded constitutional limitations on their power and thus could have, and maybe should have, been impeached. The reason they were not impeached is that a majority of Congress members support allowing presidents to wage war abroad and destroy liberty at home without being “hamstrung” by Congress. The only real dispute among the political class is which party should wield the levers of power.
    Thanks Ron.

Sometimes, I begin to lose faith that anyone else even notices.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Ron Paul suggested that liberty folks should spread the ideas of liberty regardless of "party", and whatever the demographic may be ;-)

Well, who are you going to listen to? Some "hopeless" old geezer who failed to win the presidency 3 times? Or SS and his fellow travelers who have hitched their wagon to a true, alpha "winner," our Glorious Orange Hope Himself, Donald Trump?
    Chris

Well, who are you going to listen to? Some "hopeless" old geezer who failed to win the presidency 3 times? Or SS and his fellow travelers who have hitched their wagon to a true, alpha "winner," our Glorious Orange Hope Himself, Donald Trump?
    Because nothing says, "Tyranny won--and I helped!" like riding that bandwagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

This hypocrisy extends beyond foreign policy. Many Democrats who claim that President Trump is both a fascist and mentally unhinged are eager to ensure President Trump can continue to conduct warrantless surveillance on every American by reauthorizing Section 215 of the PATRIOT Act.
    Thank you Nancy Pelosi!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Because nothing says, "Tyranny won--and I helped!" like riding that bandwagon.

ROTLF!!!

"You must spread som Reputation around..."
    Chris