Thread: Bald eagle smashes window at Virginia tax office, flies off

Bald eagle smashes window at Virginia tax office, flies off

Bald eagle smashes window at Virginia tax office, flies off

NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — A bald eagle has made an unexpected appearance at a Virginia tax preparation office, slamming into a window and then apparently flying off without serious injuries.

The Virginian-Pilot reports the mature bald eagle struck a window Monday at an H&R Block office in Norfolk, leaving a hole nearly three feet (one meter wide) and scattering glass shards over the office floor.

Harry Patterson Jr., who runs a neighboring insurance office, says he was on the phone when he saw what he thought looked like a stuffed animal. Patterson says the office is closed until tax season.

A spokesman for H&R Block acknowledged the incident.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Taxation is theft" shouted the eagle after showing its utter contempt for the process by smashing the tax preparer's window. It then flew off vowing to never submit again.

Bald eagles are pretty intelligent that way.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Even our national bird doesn't like the idea of taxes. If that doesn't convince people, I don't know what will.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    "Taxation is theft" shouted the eagle after showing its utter contempt for the process by smashing the tax preparer's window. It then flew off vowing to never submit again.

Apropos

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post

That nigga was like "squaaawk taxation is theft squawk!"
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Everybody knows the turkey was supposed to be the national bird. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gFqLXhDP5M
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    That nigga was like "squaaawk taxation is theft squawk!"
    This just makes me want someone to go into a pet store full of parrots and make them all say that.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let's hope it's an omen.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment