Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama 65 million book deal may have been a kickback (quid pro quo!)

Obama 65 million book deal may have been a kickback (quid pro quo!)

Lori Hendry
    ‏ @Lrihendry

Obama gave Pearson Publishing $350 million to create Commoncore text and Pearson gave Obama a $65 million dollar book deal in return.

Quid Pro Quo.

Media silent...
    12:44 PM - 10 Oct 2019

https://twitter.com/Lrihendry/status...81392564555776

The money was laundered through Penguin Random House, owned by, you guessed it, Pearson.

A lot of people knew this was money laundering and a payoff. I have not confirmed Obama giving the 350 to Pearson. I don't doubt it, though, as he did that kind of sh*t with the US and NGOs where he'd transfer funds from agencies to his commie buddies.
    Last edited by susano; 12-08-2019 at 04:08 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It'd take $650.00 for me to consider reading anything he wrote....

You're right this does sound like a kickback.

65 million book deal? Holy smokes. We're in the wrong business. I wish i could be an author but of course Obama won't write one word.. it will be ghostwritten.

I've long speculated that the multi-million dollar book deals which are usually a loss for the publisher are quid-pro-quo. I think I remember Hillary getting a $40 million advance on a book that sold $4 million. Not exactly sure of the prices but it was something like that.

Kickback indeed. How does a person who makes $400,00 for two terms, as a president, afford an $8.1 million house in DC, and $11.75 million house in Martha's Vineyard?

Yet President Trump takes no salary and the Liberals/Communists are wanting his tax returns and sued to infinity and beyond.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Kickback indeed. How does a person who makes $400,00 for two terms, as a president, afford an $8.1 million house in DC, and $11.75 million house in Martha's Vineyard?

Yet President Trump takes no salary and the Liberals/Communists are wanting his tax returns and sued to infinity and beyond.
    Just goes to show you how hypocritical liberals are.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Just goes to show you how hypocritical liberals are.
    Yes it is hypocritical and deceptive which is what they do the best. This is why they hate transparency the most.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Speaking fees for one. And book money.

How did Ron Paul acquire a net worth of some $5.7 million (2012 https://www.opensecrets.org/personal...?cid=N00005906 )on a congressman's salary of a couple hundred grand a year? His books certainly helped.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I regularly go behind enemy lines and read those retards over at the Democrap Underground. They had a thread on the Obama's buying the estate in Martha's Vineyard and it was all about how much they (Obama's) deserved it! It was sickening and appalling, coming from those who are always going on about the rich and, as you've noted, Trump's money. This is such glaring corruption and they don't give a fvck because he's THEIR criminal, just like that racketeering crime boss, Hillary.

This is so damn infuriating. Here's another case where the perps (Obama's and Pearson) should be prosecuted. Instead we get get Roger Stone facing life in prison for being a bullsh*tter. Our country is freaking doomed if thse things are not addressed like NOW. There won't be any other chances to do it after Trump is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

How did Ron Paul acquire a net worth of some $5.7 million (2012 https://www.opensecrets.org/personal...?cid=N00005906 )on a congressman's salary of a couple hundred grand a year? His books certainly helped.
    Zippy, please.

Ron Paul's accumulation of wealth is a drop in the bucket compared to these criminals and there is nothing to suggest that RP ever did anything criminal to get his money AND it's been earned over his adult lifetime. It took the racketeering Clinton's a couple of decades of selling out the US to enrich themselves while the Obamas did it in EIGHT YEARS. They left office living like billionaires and it would not surprise me if they are and have all kinds of offshore accounts hidden behind Byzantine shell companies and foundations.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bara...t-worth-2018-7

The Obamas entered the White House with a $1.3 million net worth in 2008. That has since grown to $40 million, according to a 2018 estimation.

From 2005 (when Barack Obama joined the US Senate) to 2016, the Obamas earned a total of $20.5 million from his government salary, book royalties, investment income, and Michelle Obama's income from her job at University of Chicago Hospitals before she became the first lady.

The Obamas are a busy couple, even when they're not buying real estate. From speaking at events around the world to writing memoirs and signing a massive production deal with Netflix, the Obamas' life after the White House has been full and very lucrative.

For her part, Michelle Obama's memoir "Becoming" was published in November 2018 and became the year's No. 1 best-selling book.

These endeavors — along with the six-figure pension all former presidents receive — have significantly contributed to the Obamas' net worth, which is at least $40 million, according to a 2018 GoBankingRates estimate.
    Ex- presidents can earn a ton in speaking fees.

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/...akers-14315669

Bloomberg reported this week that Obama recently gave an address to private equity firm Carlyle Group LP. That speech follows up another one he gave to clients of Northern Trust Corp. for $400,000 last month. Obama is expected to be paid another $400,000 for a speech at a healthcare conference sponsored by Cantor Fitzgerald next week.
    Timing is everything for many of these speakers. Current President Donald Trump, for instance, was able to charge $1.5 million for speeches he made in 2008 at the height of the popularity of his television show.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-08-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

The price of gold was $133 and silver around $4 when RP started his Congressional career. He's invested in various gold and silver items (bullion, miners, etc) since at least that time. Indeed he has made some money from his books too. If you can point out where he was later paid by companies he pushed business to as a Rep then you'd have a point. Absent that, you're playing the what-about game and not very well.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

He was a medical doctor before he entered politics, and he invested in precious metals.

I heard from someone that heard from someone that Obama definitely partook in a quid pro quo scheme.

It is of my opinion that Obama INDEED committed an impeachable offense!
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Isnt that how "it" works?
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

That's not even logical, but nice try.

It could be that Obama is the real Russian agent?

As posted Ron invested in gold when it was $140 an ounce also in various small mining companies so his portfollio probably grew very quickly between the 1970's and now. Also he as doctor and well paid before then and allowing him to invest. There are also books and speaking fee's.

Ron doesn't even take a congressional pension.

Bump

Ron is a shrewed investor. That''s why he doesn't take the congressional pension.

Nah , it is his coin collection . greatest hobby for a Great Man.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Nah , it is his coin collection . greatest hobby for a Great Man.
    Ron has given us all the blueprint to success. He doesn't need a publicly funded pension when he can just live fine for the rest of his life on investments and media work.

no salary yet golfs exclusively at trump golf courses, with all staff and security paying his hotel fees and cart rentals. I'm sure that adds up to more than his salary a year.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    no salary yet golfs exclusively at trump golf courses, with all staff and security paying his hotel fees and cart rentals. I'm sure that adds up to more than his salary a year.
    And you're okay with all the vacations and down-time other president's did while taking a salary?

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjo.../#61165fdc28aa

Trump’s Golf Trips Could Cost Taxpayers Over $340 Million

When he was campaigning President Trump frequently bashed President Obama for playing golf and said that he would be too busy to play. Per a HuffPost article he said, “I love golf, but if I were in the White House, I don’t think I’d ever see Turnberry again. I don’t think I’d ever see Doral again,” he told a rally audience in February 2016, referring to his course near the Miami airport. “I don’t ever think I’d see anything. I just want to stay in the White House and work my ass off.”

It took less than two weeks before he broke that promise vs. Obama not playing his first round until he had been in office for about three months and Obama didn’t visit a course outside of the DC area until August 2009, seven months after his inauguration. One reason Trump has been able to play so much golf is that he inherited an economy that was in very good shape vs. Obama taking office in the teeth of the Great Recession.

As can be seen in the chart below from trumpgolfcount.com, Trump has played at least 88 rounds of golf since he became President, has likely played 139 and has visited golf courses over 193 days. These compare to Obama’s 76 outings over the same timeframe.

Trump’s golf trips have almost exclusively been to his properties. Below is a breakdown of Trump’s visits.

Trump golf outings over 2 and a half years

1 of 193 outings were to the President’s Cup
    2 of 193 outings were in Japan
    3 of 193 outings were at Trump’s Ireland course
    190 of 193 outings were to Trump’s golf properties
    20 flights to Bedminster, New Jersey, to visit Trump’s course
    24 flights to Mar-a-Lago

At his current pace Trump will visit his golf properties about 310 times and if he is re-elected it would 620.

So far Trump’s golf trips have cost at least $105 million

Trump’s trips to his golf courses are very expensive and much more than Obama’s since Trump’s have been more frequent and usually requires Air Force One and all the accompanying security arraignments.

From a combination of an analysis from the HuffPost, the GAO or General Accounting Office, Politico and the Washington Post using costs from both Obama and Trump golf trips the estimated cost of Trump’s visits so far come to a range of $105 to $108 million. When you extrapolate the $105 million estimate to eight years, assuming Trump is re-elected, the total cost is over $340 million.

To put $340 million into perspective it is:

106 times Trump’s $400,000 salary over 8 years combined (which he is donating back to the government)

Almost twice the $190 million annual cost for the Peace Corps

$25 million more than the $315 million annual cost for the General Accounting Office
    More at link. Article from July.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And you're okay with all the vacations and down-time other president's did while taking a salary?
    Not really, some vacation is understandable but this constant flying around for entertainment is an expensive waste. However I will say at least Obama golfed mostly at military bases which comparatively saved on costs. For preferred hobbies I think we should look back at some previous presidents who enjoyed bowling, at the White House. Or tennis or basketball, at the White House. Or Bush 41 pitching Horseshoes, again at the White House. Common theme - stay around the office and do some work.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Conservatives were wrong to complain about the taxpayer costs of President Barack Obama's vacations. Likewise, liberals are wrong to complain about President Trump's golfing costs.

HuffPost is out with a hyperventilating report that Trump's golf trips have cost taxpayers $102 million. The report says Trump's costs are an egregious affront to taxpayers. But here's the problem: Trump's travel costs are not a function of his profligacy, but rather of his position. The same principle applied to the Obama administration's travels (which liberal media outlets surprisingly had few complaints about).

Although, to be fair to HuffPost, conservatives cannot claim any special respectability on this issue: Too many conservative commentators unjustly attacked Obama's travel costs.

Regardless, as president, Trump must necessarily travel with a large entourage of White House staffers, military support personnel, Secret Service agents and officers, aides, journalists, and vehicles.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...mps-golf-costs

Even allowing for the costs a president has, another important factor is that the trips were to his own properties- where the government including security detail paid for space and food and entertainment at Trump businesses which netted him profits. He has traveled considerably more than any other president despite claiming that he would never have time to even leave the White House or to play golf because he would be too busy working for the American People. He criticized Obama for how often he played golf.

Even allowing for the costs a president has, another important factor is that the trips were to his own properties- where the government including security detail paid for space and food and entertainment at Trump businesses which netted him profits. He has traveled considerably more than any other president despite claiming that he would never have time to even leave the White House or to play golf because he would be too busy working for the American People. He criticized Obama for how often he played golf.

LOL! He has done more on the golf course than any president has done. He has had several dignitaries and Prime Ministers on those golf courses with him. I don't recall Obama making any deals with other countries (in our best interest), other than throwing taxpayer dollars at them and spending taxpayer dollars for his and Michelle's separate get-a-ways.

What do you want to bet they took a big loss on that book before factoring in the value of the government contract. Are they too stupid to know it was a bad book deal, or was the book deal necessary to get the government contract? Gee I wonder.

As to your other point, Susan, it's amazing how groups like Black Lives Matter have dried up since Obama left office. It's almost as if taxpayer money isn't being laundered to them anymore through million dollar "art" purchases and such.

3755 Dec 27, 2019 5:18:54 PM EST

Q
    !!Hs1Jq13jV6
    ID: f59e7c
    No. 7634563

https://twitter.com/HYVEE7/status/1210685913996636166

Do you believe in coincidences?
    Q

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast