Thread: Who Is Making US Foreign Policy?

Who Is Making US Foreign Policy?

President Trump campaigned and was elected on an anti-neocon platform: he promised to reduce direct US involvement in areas where, he believed, America had no vital strategic interest, including in Ukraine. He also promised a new détente (“cooperation”) with Moscow.

And yet, as we have learned from their recent congressional testimony, key members of his own National Security Council did not share his views and indeed were opposed to them. Certainly, this was true of Fiona Hill and Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman. Both of them seemed prepared for a highly risky confrontation with Russia over Ukraine, though whether retroactively because of Moscow’s 2014 annexation of Crimea or for more general reasons was not entirely clear.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2019/12/...oreign-policy/

--

Great article.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Deep State is making our foreign policy.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Good question , been wondering that myself since Reagan. They should be fired based on poor performance .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Good question , been wondering that myself since Reagan. They should be fired based on poor performance .
    Boeing stock opened 1980 at $4.90. If you want a share now, you pay $323.81.

You call that poor performance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    My tax dollars paid to fund ISIS and make fake beheading videos. Are you saying we shouldn't get our monies worth??

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

I was thinking more of representing the avg american taxpayer
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I was thinking more of representing the avg american taxpayer
    They don't seem to consider that their job.
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    My tax dollars paid to fund ISIS and make fake beheading videos. Are you saying we shouldn't get our monies worth??

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

Where is John Galt?

When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? - Miguel de Cervantes, (Don Quixote)

Trump makes a thoughtful decision on what to do on foreign policy after consulting with his experts at Fox news.
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.