Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Former employee, Josh Owens, throws Alex Jones under the bus in NYT Mag.

Exclamation Former employee, Josh Owens, throws Alex Jones under the bus in NYT Mag.

OK, first of all, fans of the show, help me out here:

The author is Josh Owens, who worked for Jones from 2012 to 2017.

I clearly recall a reporter and videographer named Josh Owens. Does anybody else?

The full article is here, behind a paywall. If anybody has an account, copypasta would be appreciated.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/05/m...=pocket-newtab

The Bolshevik media is gleefully running with this, here is a piece from Salon.

“We made it up”: Ex-Infowars editor says he published lies about Muslim community to spread hate

https://www.salon.com/2019/12/06/we-...o-spread-hate/

“And for what? Clickbait headlines, YouTube views?” former video editor Josh Owens writes in New York Times essay

Igor Derysh

December 6, 2019 11:00AM (UTC)

A former Infowars video editor admitted that the outlet fabricated lies about a Muslim community in New York to push host Alex Jones’ threats of sharia law in the United States.

Josh Owens, who spent years working for Infowars, wrote an essay for The New York Times Magazine describing how Jones' media empire made up facts to fit its narrative and how employees were subjected to Jones’ angry, violent outbursts.

The day before Jones interviewed then-candidate Donald Trump on his show in 2015, Owens wrote that he traveled to Islamberg, a Muslim community in rural upstate New York, where Jones had instructed him to investigate what he called “the American Caliphate.”

Though the Muslims that lived in the community had not been connected to any violence and some had publicly denounced ISIS, Jones wanted to push the far-right rumor that the community was a “potential terrorist-training center,” Owens wrote.

Owens said he and a reporter tried to lie their way into the settlement but were unable to get in after the community had come under threat. Days before the trip, the FBI had issued an alert for a man named Jon Ritzheimer, who had threatened a terrorist attack against Muslims.

After a law enforcement agent called to confirm their identities, Jones wanted to spin the incident as “an attempt to intimidate us into silence,” Owens wrote.

“He even went so far as to include Michael Bloomberg, the former mayor of New York City, in the purported conspiracy, claiming he wanted to abolish the Second Amendment — and that somehow intimidating us would achieve that,” he added.

Owens and the reporter did speak to a nearby sheriff and mayor, who both told them that the people of Islamberg “were kind, generous neighbors who welcomed the surrounding community into their homes, even celebrating holidays together.”

“The information did not meet our expectations, so we made it up, preying on the vulnerable and feeding the prejudices and fears of Jones’s audience,” he wrote. “We ignored certain facts, fabricated others and took situations out of context to fit our narrative.”

Infowars soon published headlines like “Shariah Law Zones Confirmed in America,” “Report: Obama’s Terror Cells in the U.S.,” and “The Rumors Are True: Shariah Law Is Here!”

Owens said he became enamored with Jones as an angry young man but now looks back on his time at the outlet with regret.

“I thought of the children who lived in Islamberg: how afraid their families must have felt when their communities were threatened and strangers appeared asking questions; how we chose to look past these people as individuals and impose on them more of the same unfair suspicions they already had to endure,” he wrote. “And for what? Clickbait headlines, YouTube views?”

Owens wrote that he and others were also encouraged to push false stories about Sandy Hook, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and reports that radiation from the Fukushima nuclear disaster in Japan was reaching California.

When things went wrong, Jones often responded with violent outbursts, Owens said.

“The blinds stuck, so he ripped them off the wall. A water cooler had mold in it, so he grabbed a large knife, stabbed the plastic base wildly and smashed it on the ground,” Owens wrote. “Once a co-worker stopped by the office with a pet fish he was taking home to his niece. It swam in circles in a small, transparent bag. When Jones saw the bag balanced upright on a desk in the conference room, he emptied it into a garbage can. On one occasion, he threatened to send out a memo banning laughter in the office. ‘We’re in a war,’ he said, and he wanted people to act accordingly.”

In one incident when Jones wanted to “blow off steam,” the crew drove to a ranch outside Austin, Texas, to shoot guns.

“He picked up an AR-15 and accidentally fired it in my direction,” Owens recalled. “The bullet hit the ground about 10 feet away from me. One employee, who was already uncomfortable around firearms, lost it, accusing Jones of being careless and flippant … [Jones] claimed he had intentionally fired the gun as a joke — as if this were any better.”

During another incident, Jones “walked into my office shirtless,” Owens said, which he described as “normal.” Jones then proceeded to instruct another employee to hit him. The two repeatedly punched each other in the arm. “On his last hit, the sound was different. Wet. I thought I could hear the meat split open in the employee’s arm,” Owens recalled. “Jones roared as he punched a cabinet, denting the door in. A few weeks later, I heard that Jones had broken a video editor’s ribs after playing the same game in a downtown bar.”

Owens said he quit his job in April of 2017 and gratefully accepted an entry-level gig with a 75 percent pay cut. Two days later, Jones called him on the phone and tried to talk him into returning, he said.

“Let me tell you a little secret. I don’t like it anymore, either,” Jones told him, according to the essay. “I don’t want to do it anymore and I got all these people working for me, and you know, then I feel guilty. I don’t want to do it. You think I want to keep doing this? I haven’t wanted to do this for five years, man.”
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds legit.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Adam Green from Knowmorenews has been exposing this fraud for years now. I am not surprised that Mr. Owen is saying this now. This is a video he made 2 yrs ago, there are way more videos like this on his channel. Very good listen.

!4:00 is a good part to listen to, its David "TPTB are lizard people" Icke but he was right in this regard.
    Last edited by juleswin; 12-08-2019 at 12:18 AM.

//
    Last edited by tfurrh; 12-08-2019 at 12:22 AM.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

I am shocked, just shocked I say, to hear this accusation that the Alex Jones show isn't always 100% true.

Does this slanderous miscreant have any evidence to back up these outrageous claims?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I am shocked, just shocked I say, to hear this accusation that the Alex Jones show isn't always 100% true.

Does this slanderous miscreant have any evidence to back up these outrageous claims?
    Alex Jones is a Texan, you are not supposed to speak ill of another Texan.

-rep

Talk radio is for entertainment, not news. Alex Jones gets most things right though. He has a good heart in my opinion.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All one has to do is look at the so-called sites reporting this story.

“I am not going to dignify the incredibly deceptive New York Times piece that you reference, other than to say it is a compendium of lies, disinformation, and half-truths, and shows the desperate — the desperateness of the establishment to try to discredit independent populist voices like InfoWars,” Jones said. “In the end, good always wins, and the truth comes out on top.”
    https://www.mediaite.com/print/alex-...dfish-killing/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I don't like Alex Jones but this article is garbage!

Alex Jones is a fear monger?

Say it ain't so!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

Say it ain't so!
    Like when he said Russia was going to nuke us in the year 2000.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 12-08-2019 at 08:30 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Say it ain't so!
    Fearmonger or not, Jones has been spot-on about issues, than he has been wrong. He has especially been the a thorn in Hillary's side for a long time.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I never listen to jones but I do believe it is not fear mongering to discuss the negatives of NY muslim communities or lots of other NY communities.
    Do something Danke

Say it ain't so!
    Not just a mere fear mongerer but implements the divide and conquer plan of TPTB. He makes up so many lies that there are independent media complex that has grown up around him just to debunk his shyte.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Not just a mere fear mongerer but implements the divide and conquer plan of TPTB. He makes up so many lies that there are independent media complex that has grown up around him just to debunk his shyte.
    What, no examples? Nice broad-brush strokes you use to paint the picture. If Jones wasn't a problem, to the establishment, there would be no negative reports about him. They have tried sueing him, that doesn't seem to be working too well.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    What, no examples? Nice broad-brush strokes you use to paint the picture. If Jones wasn't a problem, to the establishment, there would be no negative reports about him. They have tried sueing him, that doesn't seem to be working too well.
    That's because he has Fred Barnes as his lawyer. He seems to be a very intelligent guy.

How about this one? Alex Jones tells the truth every once in a while but everybody knows that he is also a pathological liar and a zionist shill to boot. Just like the way the establishment dumped on Anjem Choudary after he has outlived his usefulness, they are dumping Alex. His problem is that he was no longer effective as a controlled opposition and they dumped him.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I never listen to jones but I do believe it is not fear mongering to discuss the negatives of NY muslim communities or lots of other NY communities.
    I bet you won't be saying this if he was reporting about the "savagery" of the NY injuns. I am sure there is something negative to report about NY muslims, he didn't have to make shyte up.

I used to be a fan of the show. I quit after AJ went full retard/Trumpbot. Here is a truth that isn't being told. Prior to Trump, Alex Jones wall all "This is probably a false flag" whenever a Muslim terror attack happened, all the while qualifying his remarks with "Of course there are real terrorists out there." I remember after the Boston Marathon bombing, he had the mother of the bombers on to help explain why her sons were not terrorists. Then...at some point, he flipped the script. He now demonizes Muslims more than the MSM that he used to accuse of demonizing Muslims. I noticed this especially in the aftermath of the San Bernadino shooting. AJ was all "Prosecute the families of the terrorists" and ignoring real questions that pointing to it possibly being a false flag including reports of more shooters. Something is definitely different at infowars.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    OK, first of all, fans of the show, help me out here:

The author is Josh Owens, who worked for Jones from 2012 to 2017.

I clearly recall a reporter and videographer named Josh Owens. Does anybody else?

The full article is here, behind a paywall. If anybody has an account, copypasta would be appreciated.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/05/m...=pocket-newtab

The Bolshevik media is gleefully running with this, here is a piece from Salon.

“We made it up”: Ex-Infowars editor says he published lies about Muslim community to spread hate

https://www.salon.com/2019/12/06/we-...o-spread-hate/

“And for what? Clickbait headlines, YouTube views?” former video editor Josh Owens writes in New York Times essay

Igor Derysh

December 6, 2019 11:00AM (UTC)

A former Infowars video editor admitted that the outlet fabricated lies about a Muslim community in New York to push host Alex Jones’ threats of sharia law in the United States.

Josh Owens, who spent years working for Infowars, wrote an essay for The New York Times Magazine describing how Jones' media empire made up facts to fit its narrative and how employees were subjected to Jones’ angry, violent outbursts.

The day before Jones interviewed then-candidate Donald Trump on his show in 2015, Owens wrote that he traveled to Islamberg, a Muslim community in rural upstate New York, where Jones had instructed him to investigate what he called “the American Caliphate.”

Though the Muslims that lived in the community had not been connected to any violence and some had publicly denounced ISIS, Jones wanted to push the far-right rumor that the community was a “potential terrorist-training center,” Owens wrote.

Owens said he and a reporter tried to lie their way into the settlement but were unable to get in after the community had come under threat. Days before the trip, the FBI had issued an alert for a man named Jon Ritzheimer, who had threatened a terrorist attack against Muslims.

After a law enforcement agent called to confirm their identities, Jones wanted to spin the incident as “an attempt to intimidate us into silence,” Owens wrote.

“He even went so far as to include Michael Bloomberg, the former mayor of New York City, in the purported conspiracy, claiming he wanted to abolish the Second Amendment — and that somehow intimidating us would achieve that,” he added.

Owens and the reporter did speak to a nearby sheriff and mayor, who both told them that the people of Islamberg “were kind, generous neighbors who welcomed the surrounding community into their homes, even celebrating holidays together.”

“The information did not meet our expectations, so we made it up, preying on the vulnerable and feeding the prejudices and fears of Jones’s audience,” he wrote. “We ignored certain facts, fabricated others and took situations out of context to fit our narrative.”

Infowars soon published headlines like “Shariah Law Zones Confirmed in America,” “Report: Obama’s Terror Cells in the U.S.,” and “The Rumors Are True: Shariah Law Is Here!”

Owens said he became enamored with Jones as an angry young man but now looks back on his time at the outlet with regret.

“I thought of the children who lived in Islamberg: how afraid their families must have felt when their communities were threatened and strangers appeared asking questions; how we chose to look past these people as individuals and impose on them more of the same unfair suspicions they already had to endure,” he wrote. “And for what? Clickbait headlines, YouTube views?”

Owens wrote that he and others were also encouraged to push false stories about Sandy Hook, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and reports that radiation from the Fukushima nuclear disaster in Japan was reaching California.

When things went wrong, Jones often responded with violent outbursts, Owens said.

“The blinds stuck, so he ripped them off the wall. A water cooler had mold in it, so he grabbed a large knife, stabbed the plastic base wildly and smashed it on the ground,” Owens wrote. “Once a co-worker stopped by the office with a pet fish he was taking home to his niece. It swam in circles in a small, transparent bag. When Jones saw the bag balanced upright on a desk in the conference room, he emptied it into a garbage can. On one occasion, he threatened to send out a memo banning laughter in the office. ‘We’re in a war,’ he said, and he wanted people to act accordingly.”

In one incident when Jones wanted to “blow off steam,” the crew drove to a ranch outside Austin, Texas, to shoot guns.

“He picked up an AR-15 and accidentally fired it in my direction,” Owens recalled. “The bullet hit the ground about 10 feet away from me. One employee, who was already uncomfortable around firearms, lost it, accusing Jones of being careless and flippant … [Jones] claimed he had intentionally fired the gun as a joke — as if this were any better.”

During another incident, Jones “walked into my office shirtless,” Owens said, which he described as “normal.” Jones then proceeded to instruct another employee to hit him. The two repeatedly punched each other in the arm. “On his last hit, the sound was different. Wet. I thought I could hear the meat split open in the employee’s arm,” Owens recalled. “Jones roared as he punched a cabinet, denting the door in. A few weeks later, I heard that Jones had broken a video editor’s ribs after playing the same game in a downtown bar.”

Owens said he quit his job in April of 2017 and gratefully accepted an entry-level gig with a 75 percent pay cut. Two days later, Jones called him on the phone and tried to talk him into returning, he said.

“Let me tell you a little secret. I don’t like it anymore, either,” Jones told him, according to the essay. “I don’t want to do it anymore and I got all these people working for me, and you know, then I feel guilty. I don’t want to do it. You think I want to keep doing this? I haven’t wanted to do this for five years, man.”
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    That's because he has Fred Barnes as his lawyer. He seems to be a very intelligent guy.
    Yes, Robert Barnes is a very intelligent man. He is also helping with the Nick Sandman case.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I used to be a fan of the show. I quit after AJ went full retard/Trumpbot. Here is a truth that isn't being told. Prior to Trump, Alex Jones wall all "This is probably a false flag" whenever a Muslim terror attack happened, all the while qualifying his remarks with "Of course there are real terrorists out there." I remember after the Boston Marathon bombing, he had the mother of the bombers on to help explain why her sons were not terrorists. Then...at some point, he flipped the script. He now demonizes Muslims more than the MSM that he used to accuse of demonizing Muslims. I noticed this especially in the aftermath of the San Bernadino shooting. AJ was all "Prosecute the families of the terrorists" and ignoring real questions that pointing to it possibly being a false flag including reports of more shooters. Something is definitely different at infowars.com.
    I remember Alex Jones burring Debra Medina when she would not commit political suicide by saying that she believed in 9/11 conspiracy and then when he interviews Trump, all he did was lob softballs at him left and right. The man is controlled opposition and he has always been that way, TPTB just put him into overdrive this time around to sell Trump to the alternative media crowd.
    Last edited by juleswin; 12-08-2019 at 10:43 AM.

How about this one? Alex Jones tells the truth every once in a while but everybody knows that he is also a pathological liar and a zionist shill to boot. Just like the way the establishment dumped on Anjem Choudary after he has outlived his usefulness, they are dumping Alex. His problem is that he was no longer effective as a controlled opposition and they dumped him.
    Nah, typical hit pieces I have seen over the years and not convincing to anyone who regularly listens to Infowars. I have been listening to Alex Jones for over 20 years, and there are things I certainly disagree with him about, but I know he has been more right than wrong.

David Knight is one of my favorite reporters who has moved away from the libertarian party for the same reasons I have.

Yes, Robert Barnes is a very intelligent man. He is also helping with the Nick Sandman case.
    Oh sorry, Robert Barnes. Thanks for correcting me. Fred is a neocon jouranlist lol.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nah, typical hit pieces I have seen over the years and not convincing to anyone who regularly listens to Infowars. I have been listening to Alex Jones for over 20 years, and there are things I certainly disagree with him about, but I know he has been more right than wrong.

David Knight is one of my favorite reporters who has moved away from the libertarian party for the same reasons I have.
    Deliberate lying to protect the republican party or Trump is the issue here not that people make some errors in reporting. We all make mistakes, we are human but if you listen to AJ for a while, you will notice that all his "mistakes" are usually ones that help the deep state but hurt em. This is why I put the mistake in quotation marks

This Video is from Reich Wing Watch this scumbag claims Ron Paul is a White Supremacist.
    I don't really care about Israel but Alex Jones has promoted on his show war propaganda against North Korea & Iran.
    Ron Paul called him out. I opposed his Ban not because I like but because I support Free speech for everbody even for Communists & Neo-Nazis!

So he's under the bus. If the bus is on a bridge, the troll should feel right at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    This Video is from Reich Wing Watch this scumbag claims Ron Paul is a White Supremacist.
    I don't really care about Israel but Alex Jones has promoted on his show war propaganda against North Korea & Iran.
    Ron Paul called him out. I opposed his Ban not because I like but because I support Free speech for everbody even for Communists & Neo-Nazis!
    It was from reichwing blog but do you have an issue with the content? is he being taken out of context? Its not easy finding stuff on him since youtube scrubbed his content off their site.

His problem is that he was no longer effective as a controlled opposition and they dumped him.
    Are they dumping him? Or are they loudly and publicly persecuting him to give him back some street cred, and rehabilitate him as controlled oppo?

I really don't like AJ but I do defend his right to free speech. He has reported a few truths. I go to his site sometimes to see if he is reporting on something I am interested in but, even so I usually can't listen for much longer than a few minutes because I get over saturated with his rambling BS. I do buy the iodine he sells.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast