Thread: I was a fisherman in the gulf...

I was a fisherman in the gulf...

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That was creepy...leaves a lot to the imagination as a good story writer should.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I was a long haul trucker in the 90s

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

These are really good!!

The Quiet Sky

The Mystery of Bertshine, Iowa

No comments from anybody?
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Bump for our son.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No comments from anybody?

I’ll comment. I’ve listened to all of these. The Quiet Sky was my favorite but they are all equally good in their own subject matter. You can call them short stories or Flash Fiction. I like short things like these and have been listening to them while making breakfast, doing laundry ect. Satisfying for a quick 10 minute void during the day.
    Like the guys voice and the music adds enough without overwhelming.
    Thanks for turning me on to these.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Glad you enjoyed...the reason for comments request is that is my son narrating, a little side project of his.

There really is a town in Iowa named Burt . Pop. about 500 , they have two churches , the other two went out of business . I guess it was named after some railroad guy that got them connected to the line .
    Do something Danke

I'm a Search and Rescue officer for the U.S Forest Service

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxiF6q160LA

Glad you enjoyed...the reason for comments request is that is my son narrating, a little side project of his.
    He is good.
    It's not my style of entertainment (at least if they are all like the first one) be HE is good.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He is good.
    It's not my style of entertainment (at least if they are all like the first one) be HE is good.
    He should drum up some political scare themes and run for office. Global Warming... Over in 12 years....If he narrated a nanny state far left story the far left would be all over it using it as proof. What about an anti gun or mass murder story?

Narration and story were good. I listened to the entire thing expecting something. Gave it a thumbs up and commented.

I think the key to getting noticed on Youtube is in the behind scenes keywords. It also helps to have little competition. A while back I replaced a shower water valve assembly and the cold valve got stripped and wouldn't come out. I improvised and got it out and made a crude video. It is number one when a person googles anything like "remove Symmons shower valve seat". I didn't make it to be famous. I was just sharing the knowledge and hoping to help someone avert disaster. I have a few videos that are pretty popular. The trick is getting people to watch them. All my video's happened by accident by just documenting something that I had done.
    Last edited by Schifference; 12-14-2019 at 06:56 AM.

These would be good campfire stories.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Well his narrative is good. Like I said before I knew he was your son, liked the guys voice. Curious if he wrote and of the pieces?
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Well his narrative is good. Like I said before I knew he was your son, liked the guys voice. Curious if he wrote and of the pieces?
    He and I are collaborating on some short stories, but for now, most of the stories he narrates are from short stories from Reddit.

Radio Silence