Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 122

Thread: Amash says he will vote in favor of articles of impeachment

  1. #1

    Thumbs down Amash says he will vote in favor of articles of impeachment

    Amash says he will vote in favor of articles of impeachment

    BY MARTY JOHNSON - 12/06/19 04:47 PM EST

    Rep. Justin Amash (I-Mich.) said Friday that he would vote for the articles of impeachment when House Democrats bring them to the House for a vote.

    Amash, who left the Republican party this summer, said on his way to the House floor that he believes that there is "sufficient evidence" against President Trump for obstruction of Congress, obstruction of justice and abuse of power, though he said he would have to see how each of the articles were written before he would vote yes, CNN reports.

    "Impeachment is like an indictment. We're just issuing the charges," he continued. "The trial happens in the Senate. There's certainly probable cause to issue charges."

    No Republican is expected to vote in favor of the articles. The one GOP lawmaker in the House who was on the fence — Rep. Francis Rooney (Fla.) — told the network that he thinks that there was "a rush to judgment" by House Democrats, citing that they should've sought out first-hand testimony from Trump administration officials who had been blocked from testifying.

    Two Democrats — Reps. Jeff Van Drew (N.J.) Collin Peterson (Minn.) — are expected to vote no.

    The articles have yet to be finalized, but Thursday, Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) announced that the House would move forward with impeachment and begin to draft the articles.

    The articles are expected to be released sometime next week, with a vote following soon after.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...of-impeachment
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    I really think Amash will be used for his vote then chewed up and spit out for his trouble. Where were all these good people when the Clinton's were selling us to China and Bush did 9-11 and Obama was funding terrorist groups and selling guns to the cartels?

  4. #3

    Lightbulb 'It's Nice to Be Happy and Free'

    They hate us because we're free.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    DACA S**thole Dreamers - Make America Great Again?

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    They hate us because we're free.

    He lacks historical perspective. He blames the rise of "the squad" on a reaction to Trump and seems oblivious to the Marxist infiltration that's been going on for 100 years, which is what brought about the "Justice Democrats" and the now open and rapid ascent of communists throughout government. He talks about "trust" but doesn't realize that socially engineered mass immigration drives down trust in a community. He fails to note that the mass immigration going on is being done to cause maximum division and culture destruction, while he, a fist generation child of immigrants, is totally assimilated. Mass immigration is not about assimilation and he's either clueless or being deliberately obtuse. That trusting society he talks about does not exist in the US, anymore. He never witnessed the society where we could just walk up the gate and get on a plane.

    While I appreciate his conservative votes (I'm in his district), I find him completely dishonest about Trump and impeachment. Is Trump an oaf? Yes. Has he committed impeachable offenses? No and Amash knows that. It's that bug up his ass about immigrants, because his parents are, that is fueling his TDS.

  6. #5

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    He lacks historical perspective. He blames the rise of "the squad" on a reaction to Trump and seems oblivious to the Marxist infiltration that's been going on for 100 years, which is what brought about the "Justice Democrats" and the now open and rapid ascent of communists throughout government.
    lol He fully understands what you're saying he doesn't understand because he's talked about that before. The rise of this odd squad has everything to do with Trump since they are attacking him.

    Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    He talks about "trust" but doesn't realize that socially engineered mass immigration drives down trust in a community. He fails to note that the mass immigration going on is being done to cause maximum division and culture destruction, while he, a fist generation child of immigrants, is totally assimilated. Mass immigration is not about assimilation and he's either clueless or being deliberately obtuse. That trusting society he talks about does not exist in the US, anymore. He never witnessed the society where we could just walk up the gate and get on a plane.

    While I appreciate his conservative votes (I'm in his district), I find him completely dishonest about Trump and impeachment. Is Trump an oaf? Yes. Has he committed impeachable offenses? No and Amash knows that. It's that bug up his ass about immigrants, because his parents are, that is fueling his TDS.
    I dont understand what your post has to do with Amashs stance on immigration much less what the wording mass immigration has to do with Amashs beliefs. As well as to why that stand is the reason he hates Trump.
    He doesn't like Trump because Trump came after him personally.

  8. #7
    I can understand Amash’s desire to hold the most powerful accountable. It rarely happens. But there is far more to this story than just that, and beyond that, it all stinks.

    The Democrats are abusing power right now with this bogus impeachment. It’s a waste of time and money purely in an attempt for partisan gain. And let’s not forget that Obama and friends illegally used the entire security apparatus of the government to attempt to defeat, and afterwards, take down a newly elected POTUS.

    So if we look at relative abuse of power, Trump is going 58 in a 55 zone. Obama/Hillary and friends were driving drunk, going 120 mph in 25 mph school zone, and hit a bus full of kids incinerating them all. This has to play into the calculation.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    He never witnessed the society where we could just walk up the gate and get on a plane.
    He was born in the U.S. in 1980. The TSA didn't come into existence until 2001. So....
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    He was born in the U.S. in 1980. The TSA didn't come into existence until 2001. So....
    Prior to the creation of the TSA, you couldn't just walk up and get on a plane. That goes back further. As does that Beaver Cleaver world of trust. In an Amash world of open borders, the whole country is going to end up like California - a crime ridden, homeless and drug addict paradise with a third world economic disparity of extreme rich lording it over the plantation.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    lol He fully understands what you're saying he doesn't understand because he's talked about that before. The rise of this odd squad has everything to do with Trump since they are attacking him.

    I dont understand what your post has to do with Amashs stance on immigration much less what the wording mass immigration has to do with Amashs beliefs. As well as to why that stand is the reason he hates Trump.
    He doesn't like Trump because Trump came after him personally.
    The squad are Utopians engaging critical theory. When it's not Trump, it will be something else about racist, sexist, homophobe, xenophobe, Islamaphobe, etc, evil America.

    Amash thinks controlling immigration and who gets into the country is "racist".

  13. #11
    I can't help but wonder if the Deep State is blackmailing Amash to effectively kill his political career. Whatever the case may be, he needs to stop his TDS and come back to reality.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    The squad are Utopians engaging critical theory. When it's not Trump, it will be something else about racist, sexist, homophobe, xenophobe, Islamaphobe, etc, evil America.

    Amash thinks controlling immigration and who gets into the country is "racist".
    Where and when did he say this? I've heard him promote getting the top workers from other countries.

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I can't help but wonder if the Deep State is blackmailing Amash to effectively kill his political career. Whatever the case may be, he needs to stop his TDS and come back to reality.
    Are they also blackmailing Pelosi ? The two men have personal beef with each other and that is mainly why he is siding with Trump's friend in Pelosi
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I can't help but wonder if the Deep State is blackmailing Amash to effectively kill his political career. Whatever the case may be, he needs to stop his TDS and come back to reality.
    Just like Judge Swamp.
    It's blackmail, a buyout or they were sleepers that are being expended in the desperate attempt to get rid of Trump before he can drain the swamp.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    They hate us because we're free.

    Granted Amash is anti-war libertarian, hopefully he's keeping an eye on the bigger picture too.

    Even if on the surface it may appear that right wing of Deep Zionism could lose major political investment if current GOPA wing leadership is ousted by Left Wing Deep State+Dems+some angry conservatives team work, is it possible this distraction could be helping Deep Neocons wars plans?

    Impeachment Circus - A Distraction From Iran War Plans?



    Simultaneous Coup Attempts Against Two World Leaders In Different Countries Funded By Same Globalist Neoconservative Donor


    The whole situation is but too fluid and somewhat confusing (from cause of liberty stand point), may be we need to have a wait n see approach till fog clears.


    Forget The Impeachment Circus…Here’s What Congress Should Really Investigate! – Ron Paul Institute
    While the country is being dragged through the three ring impeachment circus – which is all about politics and nothing about policy, President Trump’s secret wars and interventions across the globe continue. Venezuela, Middle East, Lithuania…the intervention is on overdrive. But Congress has no interest in its Constitutional obligations when it comes to war. Political theater is far more exciting. Watch today’s Liberty Report:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH48AP5eRK0

    From Iraq to the Red Sea, Iran-Israel Battleground Now Spans Entire Mideast
    Oct 20, 2019

    October 6, 2019

    US, Israeli efforts put Iraq’s stability on the line ; 104 killed in Iraq, 6000 wounded

    Iraq invasion architect Elliott Abrams quietly slips into Trump administration


    Trump has deployed 14,000 additional troops to the Middle East since May 2019


  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Where and when did he say this? I've heard him promote getting the top workers from other countries.
    Good that you asked because I made an error on that. In the video (posted in this thread) he was referring to Trump's tweets about the squad fixing the countries they came and I was thinking it was the travel ban. Amash framed Trump's tweets as being about race when they clearly were not. It was a reaction to their commie talking points and hating the US. Trump was talking ideology and the Trump haters, naturally, cried "racist!". For Amash to pull the race card is despicable, imo.

    On the travel ban, this is what Amash said:

    "It's not lawful to ban immigrants on basis of nationality," Amash wrote on Twitter. "If the president wants to change immigration law, he must work with Congress."

    On his Facebook page, Amash explained that immigration law prohibits the government from denying entry to legal immigrants because of their country of origin, as Trump has done. And while it is legal for the government to prohibit refugees from entering, "banning all refugees from particular countries is harsh and unwise," wrote Amash. "We still should admit well-vetted persons."

    President Obama's executive order did not violate the law, according to Amash, because it only applied to refugees.

    https://reason.com/2017/01/31/justin...p-immigration/

    Omar was a legal immigrant. She committed immigration fraud by entering under false name and marrying her brother to get him in. She should be deported. Trump seems to have missed the opportunity to address THAT.

    BTW, I haven't read the current immigration laws and whatever they say nothwithstanding, why should any sovereign country be held captive to the UN immigration agenda and not be able ban anyone, or any category of people that it deems detrimental to it's best interests? It's working for Poland and Hungary. As I understand it, US immigration law prior to the 1960s was very restrictive and it was the commie traitor Ted Kennedy who got them changed. The results show the deliberate damage.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    Good that you asked because I made an error on that. In the video (posted in this thread) he was referring to Trump's tweets about the squad fixing the countries they came and I was thinking it was the travel ban. Amash framed Trump's tweets as being about race when they clearly were not. It was a reaction to their commie talking points and hating the US. Trump was talking ideology and the Trump haters, naturally, cried "racist!". For Amash to pull the race card is despicable, imo.

    On the travel ban, this is what Amash said:

    "It's not lawful to ban immigrants on basis of nationality," Amash wrote on Twitter. "If the president wants to change immigration law, he must work with Congress."

    On his Facebook page, Amash explained that immigration law prohibits the government from denying entry to legal immigrants because of their country of origin, as Trump has done. And while it is legal for the government to prohibit refugees from entering, "banning all refugees from particular countries is harsh and unwise," wrote Amash. "We still should admit well-vetted persons."

    President Obama's executive order did not violate the law, according to Amash, because it only applied to refugees.

    https://reason.com/2017/01/31/justin...p-immigration/

    Omar was a legal immigrant. She committed immigration fraud by entering under false name and marrying her brother to get him in. She should be deported. Trump seems to have missed the opportunity to address THAT.

    BTW, I haven't read the current immigration laws and whatever they say nothwithstanding, why should any sovereign country be held captive to the UN immigration agenda and not be able ban anyone, or any category of people that it deems detrimental to it's best interests? It's working for Poland and Hungary. As I understand it, US immigration law prior to the 1960s was very restrictive and it was the commie traitor Ted Kennedy who got them changed. The results show the deliberate damage.
    Current immigration law gives the President the power to ban any set of people he wants and that means he can ban them by country.

    Amash is lying.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I can't help but wonder if the Deep State is blackmailing Amash to effectively kill his political career. Whatever the case may be, he needs to stop his TDS and come back to reality.
    I don't see him being blackmailed like Napalitano (who I'm sure is). He's just another globalist Utopian of the Libertarian stripe. They'll destroy the US as sure as the Marxists will. Soros or Koch. Same difference.

    BTW, I'm reading a fantastic book, ATM, about the similarities between liberal democracies and communism. Very chilling stuff, written by a Pole who has lived though both systems. Definitely recommended reading to anyone here:

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Current immigration law gives the President the power to ban any set of people he wants and that means he can ban them by country.

    Amash is lying.
    I've read that elsewhere but have not read the law (probably WAY long) so I'm not certain.

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    Good that you asked because I made an error on that. In the video (posted in this thread) he was referring to Trump's tweets about the squad fixing the countries they came and I was thinking it was the travel ban. Amash framed Trump's tweets as being about race when they clearly were not. It was a reaction to their commie talking points and hating the US. Trump was talking ideology and the Trump haters, naturally, cried "racist!". For Amash to pull the race card is despicable, imo.

    On the travel ban, this is what Amash said:

    "It's not lawful to ban immigrants on basis of nationality," Amash wrote on Twitter. "If the president wants to change immigration law, he must work with Congress."

    On his Facebook page, Amash explained that immigration law prohibits the government from denying entry to legal immigrants because of their country of origin, as Trump has done. And while it is legal for the government to prohibit refugees from entering, "banning all refugees from particular countries is harsh and unwise," wrote Amash. "We still should admit well-vetted persons."

    President Obama's executive order did not violate the law, according to Amash, because it only applied to refugees.

    https://reason.com/2017/01/31/justin...p-immigration/

    Omar was a legal immigrant. She committed immigration fraud by entering under false name and marrying her brother to get him in. She should be deported. Trump seems to have missed the opportunity to address THAT.

    BTW, I haven't read the current immigration laws and whatever they say nothwithstanding, why should any sovereign country be held captive to the UN immigration agenda and not be able ban anyone, or any category of people that it deems detrimental to it's best interests? It's working for Poland and Hungary. As I understand it, US immigration law prior to the 1960s was very restrictive and it was the commie traitor Ted Kennedy who got them changed. The results show the deliberate damage.
    from your quote "We still should admit well-vetted persons." Nothing to do with a country, it's about the individual.
    So because of 1 data point focusing on Omar, that disqualifies a country?
    His comment on racism was about people saying "go back to where you came from"
    Last edited by tebowlives; 12-08-2019 at 04:00 AM.

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Current immigration law gives the President the power to ban any set of people he wants and that means he can ban them by country.

    Amash is lying.
    Amash isn't the one lying here and you have no proof so stop with the histrionics while you protect you lovely big government mannequin. It's about recognizing the individual and not making it about the country or nationality. Which is what the war mongering President is doing.
    Similar to Executive Order 9066.

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I can't help but wonder if the Deep State is blackmailing Amash to effectively kill his political career. Whatever the case may be, he needs to stop his TDS and come back to reality.
    Because getting Amash on the impeachment side will cause impeachment to go through? I don't believe any of that.

  26. #23
    Send him back!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    from your quote "We still should admit well-vetted persons." Nothing to do with a country, it's about the individual.
    So because of 1 data point focusing on Omar, that disqualifies a country?
    His comment on racism was about people saying "go back to where you came from"
    Amash on Trump:

    banning all refugees from particular countries is harsh and unwise," wrote Amash. "We still should admit well-vetted persons."

    Amash on Obama:

    President Obama's executive order did not violate the law, according to Amash, because it only applied to refugees.



    He's worried about "refugees" with Trump ("harsh", "unwise") but wasn't with Obama. Yes, I realize he's saying Trump's ban applied to everyone from said countries and Omaba's just to refugees but he lets us know, with Trump, pertaining to refugees that it's harsh and unwise.

    What's next, kids in cages?

    I just told you that Trumps remark about the squad fixing where they came from was NOT about race, as Amash framed it, but about ideology. They all bitch about and trash the racist, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, white supremacist United States - where they are a very elite and privileged group of people, btw - and THAT'S what pissed Trump off, not their skin color. To frame it as racism is Al Sharpton worthy.

    Why should the US not ban anyone they feel like? How has the mass importation of Somalis bettered the country or or the communities they were shipped to? Additionally, Trump instituted the ban as a temporary measure because it's nearly impossible to vet people from countries in chaos. Omar is a perfect example.



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    Amash on Trump:

    banning all refugees from particular countries is harsh and unwise," wrote Amash. "We still should admit well-vetted persons."

    Amash on Obama:

    President Obama's executive order did not violate the law, according to Amash, because it only applied to refugees.



    He's worried about "refugees" with Trump ("harsh", "unwise") but wasn't with Obama. Yes, I realize he's saying Trump's ban applied to everyone from said countries and Omaba's just to refugees but he lets us know, with Trump, pertaining to refugees that it's harsh and unwise.

    What's next, kids in cages?

    I just told you that Trumps remark about the squad fixing where they came from was NOT about race, as Amash framed it, but about ideology. They all bitch about and trash the racist, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, white supremacist United States - where they are a very elite and privileged group of people, btw - and THAT'S what pissed Trump off, not their skin color. To frame it as racism is Al Sharpton worthy.

    Why should the US not ban anyone they feel like? How has the mass importation of Somalis bettered the country or or the communities they were shipped to? Additionally, Trump instituted the ban as a temporary measure because it's nearly impossible to vet people from countries in chaos. Omar is a perfect example.
    Agreed with Amashs thoughts it's refugees vs vetted workers.
    "he lets us know, with Trump, pertaining to refugees that it's harsh and unwise."
    Maybe I'm missing your point, where is Amash saying show mercy on the refugees because they being treated poorly and unfairly?

    I just told you the language of "go back to where you came from" comes across as racist.

    Banning someone because "you feel like it" is what children do vs banning an individual based on their character not meeting requirements like an adult would.

    Again please stop insulting peoples intelligence with the 1 data point of Omar. It's no where near the norm.
    Last edited by tebowlives; 12-08-2019 at 04:51 AM.

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Agreed with Amashs thoughts it's refugees vs vetted workers

    "he lets us know, with Trump, pertaining to refugees that it's harsh and unwise." -
    And? So?
    So if he's worried about Trump banning "refugees" from particular countries being harsh and unwise, why wasn't harsh and unwise when Obama did it?

    Kids in cages.

    I just told you the language of "go back to where you came from" comes across as racist.
    Comes across as? Would you like to talk about your feelings, too?

    I don't give a crap how it "comes across" or how race baiters choose frame it. It's not racist. He was talking about their communist ideology. Do you hear him tell black conservatives to go back to Africa and fix the countries their ancestors came from? No, because they're loyal Americans who want to better the country through the framework of the US, not some sh*thole like their ancestors came from or their families escaped, m'kay?

    Banning someone because "you feel like it" is what children do vs banning an individual based on their character not meeting requirements like an adult would.

    Again please stop insulting peoples intelligence with the 1 data point of Omar. It's no where near the norm.
    The EU is full of racial strife, violent crime and even terrorism because of immigration, sans Poland and Hungary who have refused to play along with the importation of Islam, a completely incompatible culture. Of what benefit is it to do that in the US? Europe has vetted "refugees" who have turned out to be jihadists. Trump's position is nowhere as firm as my own, either, he just wanted a temporary ban because of the danger of terrorists coming from countries where real vetting is next to impossible.

    You want them then how about you take responsibility and sponsor a "refugee" and their chain migration relatives. You can guarantee they will all be self supporting, stand up assets to the country and even let them live in your house while they get on their feet.
    Last edited by susano; 12-08-2019 at 05:26 AM.

  31. #27
    What many are going to find out is that Amash has skeletons in his whole made in china closet.

    I see Justin as having thin skin but to take it this far over some words....

    Amash, Judge Nap, who else from the liberty movement will be exposed....

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Send him back!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1575825794337.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	7260
    Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer

    Ⅎ˥ƎSWIH ˥˥I⋊ ⊥,NᗡIᗡ NƎI⊥SԀƎ

    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!


    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    So if he's worried about Trump banning "refugees" from particular countries being harsh and unwise, why wasn't harsh and unwise when Obama did it?

    Kids in cages.
    Says who? A ban vs a review of the those already admitted.

    Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    Comes across as? Would you like to talk about your feelings, too?
    It's not about me. This will be the 3rd time I've pointed out Amashs comment pertained to how the statement was phrased and not what you were trying to frame it.

    Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    I don't give a crap how it "comes across" or how race baiters choose frame it. It's not racist. He was talking about their communist ideology. Do you hear him tell black conservatives to go back to Africa and fix the countries their ancestors came from? No, because they're loyal Americans who want to better the country through the framework of the US, not some sh*thole like their ancestors came from or their families escaped, m'kay?
    It's not about how YOU think it comes. It's about acknowledging the perceptions of some of those in the main stream. If you won't see that, then you don't get it.

    Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    The EU is full of racial strife, violent crime and even terrorism because of immigration, sans Poland and Hungary who have refused to play along with the importation of Islam, a completely incompatible culture. Of what benefit is it to do that in the US? Europe has vetted "refugees" who have turned out to be jihadists. Trump's position is nowhere as firm as my own, either, he just wanted a temporary ban because of the danger of terrorists coming from countries where real vetting is next to impossible.
    And? So? Isn't the truth that those seeking legal status the correct way, meaning those that enter legally, who follow the rules on attaining citizenship, commit a lower rate of crime than those born here?

    Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    You want them then how about you take responsibility and sponsor a "refugee" and their chain migration relatives. You can guarantee they will all be self supporting, stand up assets to the country and even let them live in your house while they get on their feet.
    I never said I wanted them and you have no proof. Please provide proof in order to retain some sense of credibility. When you make things up about others it is called a lie.

    This is about the topic of discussion which is what Amash actually said in context and not something you've made up about me.
    Last edited by tebowlives; 12-08-2019 at 03:18 PM.

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by jon4liberty View Post
    What many are going to find out is that Amash has skeletons in his whole made in china closet.

    I see Justin as having thin skin but to take it this far over some words....

    Amash, Judge Nap, who else from the liberty movement will be exposed....
    Who else from the Liberty movement are you going to throw under the bus?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Live Vote Impeachment Inquiry: "Do Us A Favor, Though"
    By enhanced_deficit in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 11-04-2019, 12:51 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-29-2019, 07:00 PM
  3. House Articles of Impeachment Postponed by 332-95 vote
    By Anti Federalist in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-18-2019, 07:40 AM
  4. Amash is Wrong, Pelosi (So Far…) is Right on Articles of Impeachment
    By Brian4Liberty in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 05-28-2019, 05:08 PM
  5. Kucinich delivering articles of impeachment NOW!!!
    By rossl in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 06-11-2008, 05:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •