Thread: Freebie's for votes thread.

Freebie's for votes thread.

I'll start with Bernie Sanders says the Internet should be free and is a human right.

https://www.wired.com/story/bernie-s...e-human-right/

In August, presidential candidate and senator Elizabeth Warren (D-Massachusetts) proposed spending $85 billion to expand high-speed internet access in rural America and other underserved communities. Senator and rival presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders (D-Vermont) thinks that's not enough. Friday, he offered his own $150 billion broadband plan that goes far beyond connecting rural communities to the internet.
    Sanders wants to break up large media and telecommunications giants, force companies to make internet services more accessible to people with disabilities, and regulate broadband prices to ensure affordability. He says he will treat internet service as a human right.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Insert any democratic presidential candidate that says healthcare should be free.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

It should be illegal to give voters free stuff.
    That's called bribery!

I was hoping this thread was about better free merch given at the polls. Stickers are nice but free hats and other stuff would be cool
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I could make an argument that the internet should be free. Roads are free. No need to explain to me that they're not actually free, but paid for by taxes. But roads are free and information superhighway and all that.

I like the idea that the internet is free, and they're not spying on you. It seems a lot cheaper if they aren't spending money on a billing department. And on meters. And on all the things that they spend money on keeping track of usage. If every little road had to have some sort of mechanism to tell who is driving on it, the cost would be far more. Internet / cell phone etc would cost a lot less if it was just ON and full blast.

Health care on the other hand - and public education - shouldn't be free. I don't think that people would be using more internet if it was free, but they would certainly use more health care if it was free.

Free market is best, but Adam Smith has been dead 200 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    It should be illegal to give voters free stuff.
    That's called bribery!
    Right on! Close the K-12 public schools! Those schools are ridiculously expensive.

The Internet is not a human right.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    Right on! Close the K-12 public schools! Those schools are ridiculously expensive.
    So true... about half my property taxes go to schools.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Amateurs. Andrew Yang is going to give us all cold hard cash. And if you get on your knees, he’ll fill your mouth with cream. Who can beat that?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.