Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virginia Sheriff: ‘I Will Deputize Thousands of Citizens To Protect Their Gun Rights’

Virginia Sheriff: ‘I Will Deputize Thousands of Citizens To Protect Their Gun Rights’

Virginia Sheriff: ‘I Will Deputize Thousands of Citizens To Protect Their Gun Rights’

Culpepper County, VA — It looks like what Virginia gun owners needed was a wake up call. Or more accurately, a wake up slap in the face.
    Ever since Bloomberg bought himself a blue Virginia and stacked it with eager anti-gun legislators, we’ve told you how the state is on fire with pro-gun rights sentiment.

County after county has joined the Second Amendment Sanctuary list, totaling 42 counties in less than six weeks.
    Add one more sheriff to the list of Second Amendment heroes.
    Sheriff Scott Jenkins of Culpepper County, VA made a post on his official county Facebook page pledging to support the Second Amendment. In the post made on December 4th, Jenkins went so far as to say that he has a strategy if gun control comes knocking:
    “I plan to properly screen and deputize thousands of our law-abiding citizens to protect their constitutional right to own firearms.”
    That’s right.
    Jenkins wants to deputize thousands of law-abiding citizens who would otherwise be denied their right to defend themselves and their families by tyrannical gun control laws that might pass in the 2020 legislative session.
    And Scott Jenkins isn’t acting alone or flying by the seat of his pants.
    Just this week, the seven members of the County Legislators voted unanimously to declare Culpepper County a Second Amendment Constitutional County.

https://www.secondamendmentdaily.com...ir-gun-rights/

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I guess the Gun Sanctuary movement isn't just a stunt then?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Obama will be out collecting everybody's guns if he is ever elected president.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

Culpepper County, VA — It looks like what Virginia gun owners needed was a wake up call. Or more accurately, a wake up slap in the face.
    Ever since Bloomberg bought himself a blue Virginia and stacked it with eager anti-gun legislators, we’ve told you how the state is on fire with pro-gun rights sentiment.

County after county has joined the Second Amendment Sanctuary list, totaling 42 counties in less than six weeks.
    Add one more sheriff to the list of Second Amendment heroes.
    Sheriff Scott Jenkins of Culpepper County, VA made a post on his official county Facebook page pledging to support the Second Amendment. In the post made on December 4th, Jenkins went so far as to say that he has a strategy if gun control comes knocking:
    “I plan to properly screen and deputize thousands of our law-abiding citizens to protect their constitutional right to own firearms.”
    That’s right.
    Jenkins wants to deputize thousands of law-abiding citizens who would otherwise be denied their right to defend themselves and their families by tyrannical gun control laws that might pass in the 2020 legislative session.
    And Scott Jenkins isn’t acting alone or flying by the seat of his pants.
    Just this week, the seven members of the County Legislators voted unanimously to declare Culpepper County a Second Amendment Constitutional County.

https://www.secondamendmentdaily.com...ir-gun-rights/

Good for him! My great grandfather was deputized and got a gun when he heard the KKK was coming for him. He put the word out that if they came they might get him but some of them would have to be carried off. They never showed up.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Obama will be out collecting everybody's guns if he is ever elected president.
    The Demoncrats in Virginia are openly discussing and proposing bills to confiscate guns.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The Demoncrats in Virginia are openly discussing and proposing bills to confiscate guns.
    What does the bill say? Link to the text?

Is it boogaloo time yet?
    "The Patriarch"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/06/polit...ntv/index.html

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So there is no actual bill proposed at this time and nothing in proposals about confiscation. Thanks for the link.

"Getting rid of bump stocks, high volume magazines, red flag laws. These are common-sense pieces of legislation," he told CNN's John Berman on "New Day." "I will introduce those again in January. And I'm convinced, with the majority now in the House and the Senate, they'll become law and because of that, Virginia will be safer."
    Trump was against bump stocks and suggested red flag laws (but didn't follow up on that- he does say he will do things and doesn't do them).

So there is no actual bill proposed at this time and nothing in proposals about confiscation. Thanks for the link.
    THERE IS:

And the governor was not done there. When asked by reporters if he would confiscate legally owned “assault weapons” he said he is working on it.
    “That’s something I’m working [on] with our secretary of public safety,” the governor said. “I’ll work with the gun violence activists, and we’ll work [on] that. I don’t have a definitive plan today.”
    Now Washington Free Beacon reporter Stephen Gutowski said on Monday that the Democrat legislature has started the process of creating a confiscation bill.
    “Meanwhile Virginia Democrats are filing bills to make the possession of millions of currently-owned firearms illegal. SB16 bans possession of many rifles without any grandfathering provision which means it’s confiscation,” he said with a link to the bill.
    Meanwhile Virginia Democrats are filing bills to make the possession of millions of currently-owned firearms illegal. SB16 bans possession of many rifles without any grandfathering provision which means it’s confiscation. https://t.co/i0SnJNDTxm https://t.co/j6DaJAj7g2
    — Stephen Gutowski (@StephenGutowski) December 2, 2019
    Picking apart the bill you notice that it bans the “importation, sale, possession, etc., of assault firearms” and includes no grandfather clause that would allow those who own them to keep them.
    And the definition of what is an assault weapon includes virtually every semi-automatic shotgun and rifle, bringing Democrats one step closer to having only muskets be legal as has appeared to be their goal.
    “It is unlawful for any person to import, sell, manufacture, purchase, possess, or transport an assault firearm. A violation of this section is punishable as a Class 6 felony,” the bill said.

Philip Van Cleave, the president of the Virginia Citizens Defense League said it best in an interview with The Free Beacon when he discussed citizens who are prepared to fight back in the courts against the Democrat gun confiscation agenda.
    “I’ve never seen anything like this, and I’ve been doing this for over 20 years,” he said. “It’s a sleeping giant that had been pretty much not paying attention to politics, and now they’re awake, and now they’re flooding these sanctuary county hearings. Flooding them.”

More at: https://thefederalistpapers.org/opin...irearms-report

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://wtkr.com/2019/12/04/no-laws-...t-sanctuaries/

No laws have passed, but Virginia communities keep declaring themselves Second Amendment sanctuaries

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - Hundreds chanted and called for the Virginia Beach City Council to declare the city a Second Amendment sanctuary on Tuesday night.

The meeting was so packed city hall reached capacity and many had to stay outside.

"People are just activated now. They don't want any more gun control and they're standing up and pushing back hard against this," said Philip Van Cleave, the president of the Virginia Citizens Defense League said.

So far, city council members haven't taken any actions, but in Gloucester County the Board of Supervisors passed a resolution declaring the county a sanctuary.

While newly-elected majorities in the General Assembly have proposed gun bills, nothing has been passed so far.

"They're trying to get out ahead of it, and this is one of those issues where you can galvanize the public," said Dr. Ben Melusky, a political science professor from Old Dominion University.

The distinction means the local governments would not use local resources to prosecute anti-gun laws, but state laws would still supersede the local governments. "This is really all the localities can do to offer some kind of resistance," said Melusky.

Norfolk Del. Jay Jones has asked Attorney General Mark Herring to weigh in on what exactly the sanctuary status means. On Wednesday, a spokesperson said Herring's opinion is still pending, but said the resolutions appear to be just symbolic.

Pro-second amendment advocates appear to be most concerned about SB16. The bill proposed by Sen. Dick Saslaw would expand the definition of an assault firearm and make it a felony to sell or possess one, punishable as a felony.

It remains unclear whether a bill like that could actually pass in the General Assembly. "Whether the actual complete ban on assault weapons actually makes it through, I think we'll have to see what the narrative is around it," said Melusky.

Lawmakers head back to Richmond next month.

Both sides are just getting started.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Did you not bother to actually READ the link?

Following a mass shooting at a Virginia Beach municipal building in May that left 12 people dead, Northam called a special session to debate gun control, but it was adjourned by Republicans without action. A ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines and reinstating Virginia's one-handgun-a-month law were among eight policy proposals Northam introduced ahead of the session.

What part of "eight policy proposals" do you not understand?

Trump was against bump stocks and suggested red flag laws (but didn't follow up on that- he does say he will do things and doesn't do them).
    And if you have been paying attention you are aware that I have consistently criticized Trump for bumpfire stock bans, red flag laws and being an on again/off again supporter of a renewed assault weapons ban and @Swordsmyth can attest to that fact so take your MAGA-baiting elsewhere.

https://wtkr.com/2019/12/04/no-laws-...t-sanctuaries/
    No laws have passed, but Virginia communities keep declaring themselves Second Amendment sanctuaries
    No laws have passed yet but they have been proposed already.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Did you not bother to actually READ the link?

Following a mass shooting at a Virginia Beach municipal building in May that left 12 people dead, Northam called a special session to debate gun control, but it was adjourned by Republicans without action. A ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines and reinstating Virginia's one-handgun-a-month law were among eight policy proposals Northam introduced ahead of the session.

What part of "eight policy proposals" do you not understand?

And if you have been paying attention you are aware that I have consistently criticized Trump for bumpfire stock bans, red flag laws and being an on again/off again supporter of a renewed assault weapons ban and @Swordsmyth can attest to that fact so take your MAGA-baiting elsewhere.
    I have also consistently criticized Trump about that and nobody was talking about Red flag laws, we are talking about wholesale outlawing and confiscation and zippy wants to distract from that.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I have also consistently criticized Trump about that and nobody was talking about Red flag laws, we are talking about wholesale outlawing and confiscation and zippy wants to distract from that.
    Zippy brought up red flag laws so I addressed that. And at one point you didn't think the bump fire stock ban was as big of a deal as I did.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Link to the bill calling for wholesale confiscation? The subject has an extensive history of over-hyping in order to stir up fears.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-06-2019 at 05:59 PM.

Zippy brought up red flag laws so I addressed that. And at one point you didn't think the bump fire stock ban was as big of a deal as I did.
    I have always said I hated it.
    I just didn't think it was enough to overcome all the good things Trump has done and I believed (and disagreed with) the idea that he was trying to do something that would quiet the left about guns that would eventually be overturned and only attacked a gimmick accessory.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Link to the bill calling for wholesale confiscation?
    https://www.governor.virginia.gov/ne...841482-en.html
    The proposed package includes:

Legislation requiring background checks on all firearms sales and transactions. The bill mandates that any person selling, renting, trading, or transferring a firearm must first obtain the results of a background check before completing the transaction.

Legislation banning dangerous weapons. This will include bans on assault weapons, high-capacity magazines, bump stocks and silencers.

Legislation to reinstate Virginia’s successful law allowing only one handgun purchase within a 30-day period.

Legislation requiring that lost and stolen firearms be reported to law enforcement within 24 hours.

Legislation creating an Extreme Risk Protective Order, allowing law enforcement and the courts to temporarily separate a person from firearms if the person exhibits dangerous behavior that presents an immediate threat to self or others.

Legislation prohibiting all individuals subject to final protective orders from possessing firearms. The bill expands Virginia law which currently prohibits individuals subject to final protective orders of family abuse from possessing firearms.

Legislation enhancing the punishment for allowing access to loaded, unsecured firearm by a child from a Class 3 Misdemeanor to a Class 6 felony. The bill also raises the age of the child from 14 to 18.

Legislation enabling localities to enact any firearms ordinances that are stricter than state law. This includes regulating firearms in municipal buildings, libraries and at permitted events.

Link to the bill calling for wholesale confiscation? The subject has an extensive history of over-hyping in order to stir up fears.
    Didn't you read what I already posted to you?

Here it is again:

And the governor was not done there. When asked by reporters if he would confiscate legally owned “assault weapons” he said he is working on it.
    “That’s something I’m working [on] with our secretary of public safety,” the governor said. “I’ll work with the gun violence activists, and we’ll work [on] that. I don’t have a definitive plan today.”
    Now Washington Free Beacon reporter Stephen Gutowski said on Monday that the Democrat legislature has started the process of creating a confiscation bill.
    “Meanwhile Virginia Democrats are filing bills to make the possession of millions of currently-owned firearms illegal. SB16 bans possession of many rifles without any grandfathering provision which means it’s confiscation,” he said with a link to the bill.
    Meanwhile Virginia Democrats are filing bills to make the possession of millions of currently-owned firearms illegal. SB16 bans possession of many rifles without any grandfathering provision which means it’s confiscation. https://t.co/i0SnJNDTxm https://t.co/j6DaJAj7g2
    — Stephen Gutowski (@StephenGutowski) December 2, 2019
    Picking apart the bill you notice that it bans the “importation, sale, possession, etc., of assault firearms” and includes no grandfather clause that would allow those who own them to keep them.
    And the definition of what is an assault weapon includes virtually every semi-automatic shotgun and rifle, bringing Democrats one step closer to having only muskets be legal as has appeared to be their goal.
    “It is unlawful for any person to import, sell, manufacture, purchase, possess, or transport an assault firearm. A violation of this section is punishable as a Class 6 felony,” the bill said.

Philip Van Cleave, the president of the Virginia Citizens Defense League said it best in an interview with The Free Beacon when he discussed citizens who are prepared to fight back in the courts against the Democrat gun confiscation agenda.
    “I’ve never seen anything like this, and I’ve been doing this for over 20 years,” he said. “It’s a sleeping giant that had been pretty much not paying attention to politics, and now they’re awake, and now they’re flooding these sanctuary county hearings. Flooding them.”

More at: https://thefederalistpapers.org/opin...irearms-report

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

VCDL took a page out of the leftist playbook.

VCDL does not wait to react to bad bills. VCDL controls the narrative the way leftist media controls the narrative.

The question for the last 20 years has not been "will they get their bills passed", but "will they successfully block the passage of our bills".

This is the first time I can remember there being actual concern about losing ground here and it's like they kicked an anthill. Everyone is alert and looking for something to do.

When they get their bills submitted, that is considered a minor loss, a fallback position. That is not the time for people to start paying attention. The time for that is right now.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

You might want to do some research before you embarrass yourself again.

That sheriff is a beast.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have always said I hated it.
    I just didn't think it was enough to overcome all the good things Trump has done and I believed (and disagreed with) the idea that he was trying to do something that would quiet the left about guns that would eventually be overturned and only attacked a gimmick accessory.
    Ummm....that's what I said. You didn't think it was as big of a deal as I did. I didn't think it was "only attacking a gimmick accessory." I thought it was setting a dangerous precedent banning a gun accessory via executive order. The precedent is the problem. And yes, you thought it would be overturned. I was pretty sure that it wouldn't be. And.....so far I was right. The Supreme Court upheld it. I also did not give Trump the benefit of the doubt on the idea that he was "trying to do something that would quiet the left" as I know full well that Trump came straight from the left and backed an assault weapons ban before ever running for president.

Anyhow, I never said you supported the bumpfire stock ban. And you can hate something and still not see the same degree of danger in it that someone else might see.

Quote Originally Posted by SimmerDown View Post
    You might want to do some research before you embarrass yourself again.
    I'd prefer that he not do so.

It's more fun when he constantly embarrasses himself.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That's only one bill. There are 8 under consideration. This is one of them.

Legislation creating an Extreme Risk Protective Order, allowing law enforcement and the courts to temporarily separate a person from firearms if the person exhibits dangerous behavior that presents an immediate threat to self or others.

Tell me. What do you think the words "temporarily separate a person from firearms" means?

That's only one bill. There are 8 under consideration. This is one of them.

Tell me. What do you think the words "temporarily separate a person from firearms" means?
    And anyone owning a banned firearm will get one.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

No laws have passed yet but they have been proposed already.
    I'm guess The Zip wants us to wait until there is a law in place before raising hell.

Then he'd say wait until your guns actually get taken.

Then he'd say shut up, you got no choice, what are you going to do, fight back?
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'm guess The Zip wants us to wait until there is a law in place before raising hell.

Then he'd say wait until your guns actually get taken.

Then he'd say shut up, you got no choice, what are you going to do, fight back?
    Then he'd say "why do you need guns anyway?"

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast