Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump Sends 14,000 Troops For War on Iran. Will it be Enough?

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Denied on Wednesday, confirmed on Thursday...

But naturally Ron Paul, who has a son in the Senate, is falling for fake news, while Swordshyll, who reads Yahoo!, is not.

Have no fear. SS will be along directly to deny the Pentagon's denial (this morning) of their previous denial (yesterday). This is starting to resemble an Abbott and Costello bit.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Have no fear. SS will be along directly to deny the Pentagon's denial (this morning) of their previous denial (yesterday). This is starting to resemble an Abbott and Costello bit.
    "What's the name of the 14,000 on second?"

"No, those are only up to 14,000, and we don't know their names because they haven't been picked yet. We only know the names of the 14,000 who got sent first."
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    YOU'VE got nothing- and don't bash Ron Paul again.
    Ron Paul is infallible when it comes to principles, but everybody is fallible when it comes to falling for fake news from time to time. I'm not Christian, but even I know the Bible can back me up on that.

You are actually more susceptible to fake news than most.

Ron Paul is fairly insusceptible (which means not susceptible fyi).

But really, what is most insulting, is the way you have insulted Ron Paul by implying that if he makes a simple mistake by commenting on a widely reported news report on his daily commentary show, that turns out to be fake news, that it is some how a reflection of his character.
    Last edited by dannno; 12-06-2019 at 11:48 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

"What's the name of the 14,000 on second?"

"No, those are only up to 14,000, and we don't know their names because they haven't been picked yet. We only know the names of the 14,000 who got sent first."

Exactly.

I'd +rep you if I could.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Does anybody actually want to put $$ on this 14,000 troop deployment, or are you all just being a bunch of deep state tools?

How many times have we heard reports from "sources" about what Trump is going to do?

99% of the time they are wrong.

You want to bet on a 1% occurrence?

Let's do it.

Who wants some?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    insusceptible (which means not susceptible fyi).
    Now that's insulting.

But really, what is most insulting, is the way you have insulted Ron Paul by implying that if he makes a simple mistake by commenting on a widely reported news report on his daily commentary show, that turns out to be fake news, that it is some how a reflection of his character.
    Yo. dannno. Bad morning for a wake and bake. Try some coffee instead.

1. Ender did not say that.

2. Yahoo! already retracted its fakenews this morning, as I reported in this very thread. Which means Ron Paul did not fall for fakenews, Swordshyll did. Again.

Got it yet? Read it two or three times if necessary.

Now. Want to talk about character? Let's talk about people who repeatedly accuse someone of spreading false information knowing the person they're accusing has access to better information than they do.

Then let's talk about people who intimate (that means imply) that someone is spreading false information even after it has been proven that they do have the story straight.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-06-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Ron Paul is infallible when it comes to principles, but everybody is fallible when it comes to falling for fake news from time to time. I'm not Christian, but even I know the Bible can back me up on that.

You are actually more susceptible to fake news than most.

Ron Paul is fairly insusceptible (which means not susceptible fyi).

WTF?

I have NEVER said that about Ron Paul,
    Mr Got-No-Argument-So-I'll-Just-Insult.

And I am NOT susceptible to Fake News- that would be you & SS.

I'll look at all sides, while you name-callers just name-call.
    There is no spoon.

Now that's insulting.

2. Yahoo! already retracted its fakenews this morning, as I reported in this very thread. Which means Ron Paul did not fall for fakenews, Swordshyll did. Again.

Now. Want to talk about character? Let's talk about people who repeatedly accuse someone of spreading false information knowing the person they're accusing has access to better information than they do.

Then let's talk about people who intimate (that means imply) that someone is spreading false information even after it has been proven that they do have the story straight.
    I'd +rep you again, if I could!
    There is no spoon.

Now that's insulting.

Facts don't matter. Only unshakable faith in our Great Orange Savior is acceptable. Anything less and you must be suffering from TDS.

Of course, the Pentagon could come along and deny their denial (today) of their previous denial (yesterday). Then they'd have triple denied... Now this is sounding like a George Carlin bit.
    Chris

Now that's insulting.

Ender implied that updating a story with more information which contradicts what Ron Paul was reporting on is "bashing Ron Paul".

I find that to be an insult to Ron Paul.

The story you posted, the guy, AGAIN, denied the 14,000 troop deployment that Ron Paul reported on. He said they may deploy some troops to the middle east. How many? 500? 1,000? How many have come home from the middle east in the last year?

Check this out:

Uuuuuuuhh mothafucka.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    WTF?

I have NEVER said that about Ron Paul,
    Mr Got-No-Argument-So-I'll-Just-Insult.

And I am NOT susceptible to Fake News- that would be you & SS.

I'll look at all sides, while you name-callers just name-call.
    You claimed that SS was "bashing" Ron Paul for correcting the facts of a story that he commented on.

Since the facts of the story have in fact changed, I find that to be insulting to Ron Paul. And I have not called you any names. Can you get ANYTHING right??!!

You guys keep claiming they reversed their reversal, that is totally dishonest. They said in the "reversal" that there was not going to be a deployment of 14,000 troops. They are considering a deployment of troops. Nobody knows how many, nobody knows if they are bringing more troops home from another region before they send them there. Nobody knows $#@!.

What we DO know is that if Ron Paul saw that chart above, he would, at minimum, crack a little smile. Why can't you?
    Last edited by dannno; 12-06-2019 at 12:13 PM.

Ender implied that updating a story with more information which contradicts what Ron Paul was reporting on is "bashing Ron Paul".

I find that to be an insult to Ron Paul.

The story you posted, the guy, AGAIN, denied the 14,000 troop deployment that Ron Paul reported on. He said they may deploy some troops to the middle east. How many? 500? 1,000? How many have come home from the middle east in the last year?

Check this out:

Uuuuuuuhh mothafucka.
    LOL- charts..... if Zippy posts charts he's bad.... but if you do......

A baseline annual cost for the United States to continue its war in Afghanistan is approximately ten to 15 U.S. service member fatalities each year. (With 17 fatalities thus far in 2019, this year has been the deadliest year for the U.S. since 2014.) Additionally, the war costs approximately $50 billion per year; the U.S. Department of Defense estimates $45 billion, while others place it at $52 billion.

In the context of other DoD operations and activities—as the ambassadors’ argument places them—these numbers appear low. More U.S. service members did, indeed, die in training accidents than in combat operations. The DoD budget for 2019 approaches $700 billion, and $50 billion might not seem like so much as a share of that. But this annual budget is separate from the Overseas Contingency Operations fund, which has been described as a war-making slush fund and has added $1.8 trillion to military spending since 2001. And clearly neither kitty tells us much about the war’s hidden costs.
    https://newrepublic.com/article/1551...ar-afghanistan
    There is no spoon.

Uuuuuuuhh mothafucka.
    1. 14,000 have already been sent this year.

2. Undersecretary John Rood told the Senate Armed Services Committee yesterday that the Pentagon is considering sending "as many as 14,000" more. That confirms what Ron Paul said.

3. I don't want your mother. She's too stupid. I'd lose too many brain cells during the pillow talk.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-06-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Does anybody actually want to put $$ on this 14,000 troop deployment, or are you all just being a bunch of deep state tools?

How many times have we heard reports from "sources" about what Trump is going to do?

99% of the time they are wrong.

You want to bet on a 1% occurrence?

Let's do it.

Who wants some?
    That's what I thought.

That's what I thought.
    You want us to pick a number between 1 and 14,000 and bet money on it? Because you know as well as we do, if we don't pick a hard number, and he "only" sends 13,998 more, you'll weasel out.

dannno, don't take this personally, but if you can't even give us the odds we'd get from the Vegas Mafia's roulette wheels, $#@! you.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-06-2019 at 12:53 PM.

You want us to pick a number between 1 and 14,000 and bet money on it? Because you know as well as we do, if we don't pick a hard number, and he "only" sends 13,998 more, you'll weasel out.

dannno, don't take this personally, but if you can't even give us the odds we'd get from the Vegas Mafia's roulette wheels, $#@! you.
    I think you are thinking of Rev 3.

But yes, of course terms would have to be agreed upon. I've done this before.

This is SOP for dannno and is nothing more than a distraction from the actual, salient issue. He often tries to focus with laser-like precision on the minutia of specifc numbers, thus taking attention away from the big picture. The reality is that even ONE additional troop is too many. Trump has had almost 4 years now to bring the troops home. Instead, just this year, he's sent 14,000 additional troops over there. But for some reason we're supposed to believe unwaveringly in his intentions to bring them all back home. It would be insane to believe that, given the real-life circumstances.
    Chris

No amount of troops will ever be enough because the purpose of the war is to become another never-ending war.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Back in May: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1ST2C6

Trump doubts U.S. needs to send more troops to Middle East

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said on Thursday he did not think additional U.S. troops are needed in the Middle East to counter Iran, casting doubt on a Pentagon plan to bolster forces in the region.

“I don’t think we’re going to need them. I really don’t,” Trump told reporters. “I would certainly send troops if we need them.” If needed, “we’ll be there in whatever number we need,” he added.

Trump, who has been focused on trying to reduce the number of U.S. troops deployed around the world, spoke shortly before he was to be briefed at the White House on a new deployment plan by acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan.

Shanahan said the Pentagon was considering sending additional U.S. troops to the Middle East as one of the ways to bolster protection for American forces there amid tensions with Iran.

“What we’re looking at is: Are there things that we can do to enhance force protection in the Middle East?” Shanahan said.

It may involve sending additional troops.”
    September: https://www.npr.org/2019/09/20/76293...oil-facilities

Trump Sending Troops To Middle East After Attack On Saudi Oil Facilities

President Trump has authorized the deployment of additional U.S. forces to the Middle East to strengthen air and missile defenses around Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, the Pentagon announced late Friday.

Defense Secretary Mark Esper called the move a first step and said the deployment would be defensive in nature. He said the deployment comes in response to requests for help from Saudi Arabia and the UAE.
    October: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/mideast...rabia-n1065051

Trump admin sending thousands more U.S. troops to Saudi Arabia

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration said Friday it is sending 2,800 more troops, fighter jets and missile defense weaponry to Saudi Arabia to help bolster the kingdom’s defenses after a September attack on its oil facilities.

Defense Secretary Mark Esper ordered the deployment of additional service members, two fighter squadrons, one air expeditionary wing, two Patriot Missile batteries and one THAAD missile defense system. With the additional deployment announced Friday, Esper said U.S. troops in Saudi Arabia will number approximately 3,000.
    November:

https://reason.com/2019/10/11/bringi...e-middle-east/

Bringing Them Home? Trump Commits 1,800 More Troops to the Middle East

If Trump wants credit for ending wars in the Middle East, he'll have to actually reduce the number of Americans deployed there.

It was just four days ago that President Donald Trump explained his decision to move American troops out of one part of Syria by saying that it was "time for us to get out of these ridiculous Endless Wars…and bring our soldiers home."

On Friday, the Trump administration announced it would be sending about 1,800 additional troops to the Middle East.

In a statement, Pentagon spokesman Jonathon Hoffman said the new deployments were part of an overall strategy "to assure and enhance the defense of Saudi Arabia."At a press conference, Defense Secretary Mark Esper said the new deployments were made in consultation with the Saudi Arabian Ministry of Defense.

Including the newly announced deployment, the U.S. will have increased the number of troops deployed to the Middle East by 14,000 since May, CNN reports.

But Trump says he has "no plans at all" to withdraw American forces from Iraq, where they've been fighting since 2003. His promise to withdraw from Afghanistan has so far failed to materialize (though the administration is involved in negotiations with the Taliban there). When Congress passed a bipartisan resolution that would have cut off American aid to Saudi Arabia's ongoing war in Yemen—a conflict that has triggered a famine, killing an estimated 50,000 civilians—Trump vetoed it.
    The troops will be home soon. We will be out of Syria in 30 days- Trump, December, 2018.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-06-2019 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    What? No chart? dannno had a chart. The last line was just wrong, but it was a chart.

Can I haz pie chart? Preferably pumpkin.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-06-2019 at 02:17 PM.

He's got less than nothing. He's got a source in Yahoo! which is contradicting itself this morning.

https://news.yahoo.com/u-military-co...183049051.html

But he also has a constitutional right to bash Ron Paul--and make an ass of himself in the process.
    More garbage:

"U.S. officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity"

You've got nothing, the press makes up these rumors all the time and even when they aren't specifically denied they almost never turn out to be true.

It doesn't matter how untrustworthy the pentagon is, you have to have more than baseless rumors and you don't.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Is NOT a Pentagon denial (this morning) of their previous denial (yesterday).

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Now that's insulting.

Yahoo posted anonymous rumors that is NOT a retraction of the pentagon's statement and only the pentagon could retract its statement.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This is SOP for dannno and is nothing more than a distraction from the actual, salient issue. He often tries to focus with laser-like precision on the minutia of specifc numbers, thus taking attention away from the big picture. The reality is that even ONE additional troop is too many. Trump has had almost 4 years now to bring the troops home. Instead, just this year, he's sent 14,000 additional troops over there. But for some reason we're supposed to believe unwaveringly in his intentions to bring them all back home. It would be insane to believe that, given the real-life circumstances.
    And that is always the point that Ron Paul is making. It doesn’t matter what the headline of the day says. That is just a jump off point to say that sending no troops is the best option. It doesn’t matter if it’s 10 or 100,000. Peace, prosperity and non-intervention are always the point.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

1. 14,000 have already been sent this year.

2. Undersecretary John Rood told the Senate Armed Services Committee yesterday that the Pentagon is considering sending "as many as 14,000" more. That confirms what Ron Paul said.

3. I don't want your mother. She's too stupid. I'd lose too many brain cells during the pillow talk.
    Rood said nothing of the sort:

Lawmakers on Thursday pressed John Rood, the Pentagon's No. 3 official, on whether additional troops were being considered for the Middle East.

"Based on what we're seeing with our concerns about the threat picture, it is possible that we would need to adjust our force posture," Rood said.
    "We are always considering and in fact, based on the threat situation in the Middle East are watching that, and as necessary the secretary of defense has told me he intends to make changes to our force posture there," Rood said.
    All Rood said was that if they need to make adjustments they would, people were frustrated because he said nothing either way.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    They did talk about troops already there. And reports other than the 14,000 troop claim. Apparently John Rood (under secretary of defense for policy) has been making a lot of noise recently (and testified in front Congress) about the threats Iran poses. Other media reports are bouncing around with other numbers of troops. Ron always goes right back to the general foreign policy principles, and doesn’t stay on the headlines very long. No doubt the news will keep changing every day. Tune in tomorrow and maybe they will talk more about it.
    And today is Friday, so the topic was the economy and the Federal Reserve with Chris Rossini. Have to wait for Monday...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Is NOT a Pentagon denial (this morning) of their previous denial (yesterday).
    While ignoring the named official testifying before Congress yesterday:

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...ed-middle-east

Yesterday, however, a top Pentagon official, Undersecretary of Defense John Rood, was on Capitol Hill, telling the Senate Armed Services Committee that 14,000 additional troops have already been deployed to the region this year, and more may be on the way.

“We haven’t made a decision yet,” Mr. Rood said under questioning by Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R., Tenn.). “Based on what we are seeing … it is possible we would need to adjust our force posture. I think that would be a prudent step, depending on what we observe, because our objective is to deter Iranian aggression.” […]

Ms. Blackburn then asked Mr. Rood whether additional forces were being considered, or whether the Pentagon might send fewer than 14,000. “Yes,” he responded.

“We are evaluating the threat situations,” he said. “We will need to make dynamic adjustments to our posture.”
    The White House denial was only that the 14,000 figure was not accurate.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-06-2019 at 03:21 PM.

All Rood said was that if they need to make adjustments they would, people were frustrated because he said nothing either way.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Perhaps all that spinning made him so dizzy he missed that part?
    Chris

Perhaps all that spinning made him so dizzy he missed that part?
    He is very careful to ignore certain things which don't fit his narrative.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast