Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump Sends 14,000 Troops For War on Iran. Will it be Enough?

Trump Sends 14,000 Troops For War on Iran. Will it be Enough?

Trump Sends 14,000 Troops For War on Iran. Will it be Enough?

So much for getting out of endless wars! President Trump has announced that he is sending 14,000 more US troops to the Middle East and may even send more. The reason is the manufactured "Iran threat" that Trump continues to delude himself over. Neocons are thrilled. So are Saudi Arabia and Israel, who would love nothing more than to have the US fight and die in their wars. But what about America first?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Pentagon on Wednesday denied a report that the United States was weighing sending up to 14,000 more troops to the Middle East in the face of a perceived threat from Iran.The Wall Street Journal reported that the possible deployment would include "dozens" more ships and double the number of troops added to the US force in the region since the beginning of this year, citing unnamed US officials.
    The paper said President Donald Trump could make a decision on the troop boost as early as this month.
    But the Pentagon disputed the accuracy of the report.
    "To be clear, the reporting is wrong. The U.S. is not considering sending 14,000 additional troops to the Middle East," spokeswoman Alyssa Farah tweeted.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/us-mulling-14...223950953.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Seems Trump got re-gifted something that other neocon never got to open after all...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Seems Trump got re-gifted something that other neocon never got to open after all...

This was another case of Ron falling for fake news.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Again with the Ron is Wrong crap?

Do you abbreviate this place WPF?

Again with the Ron is Wrong crap?

Do you abbreviate this place WPF?
    What part of the facts don't you understand?

The Pentagon on Wednesday denied a report that the United States was weighing sending up to 14,000 more troops to the Middle East in the face of a perceived threat from Iran.The Wall Street Journal reported that the possible deployment would include "dozens" more ships and double the number of troops added to the US force in the region since the beginning of this year, citing unnamed US officials.
    The paper said President Donald Trump could make a decision on the troop boost as early as this month.
    "To be clear, the reporting is wrong. The U.S. is not considering sending 14,000 additional troops to the Middle East," spokeswoman Alyssa Farah tweeted.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

What part of the facts don't you understand?

yahoo.com[/URL]
    Facts? When did yahoo start dealing in facts?

You and Zippy, always accusing the MSM of dealing in facts.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Facts? When did yahoo start dealing in facts?

You and Zippy, always accusing the MSM of dealing in facts.
    So The Wall Street Journal isn't MSM and is an oracle of truth?

The Pentagon says it isn't true so until further information (ACTUAL FACTS) show otherwise it is fake news and Ron jumped the gun.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Pentagon says...

The Wall Street Journal isn't MSM and is an oracle of truth?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You can't handle the truth, that's all.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    You can't handle the truth, that's all.
    That's you TDS people's problem.

The Truth:

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Pentagon says...

You've got NOTHING.

The Pentagon is not telling us we need to go to war, they are saying they are NOT sending more troops which is the opposite of the cases you are referring to.

The Wall Street Journal published more fake news and you are clinging to it as if it was written in stone by the finger of GOD in order to feed your TDS addiction.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Was this the picture taken at the meeting where he declared Saddam and Iraq had "weapons of mass destruction" and brought this as proof?
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Pentagon says...

Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    Was this the picture taken at the meeting where he declared Saddam and Iraq had "weapons of mass destruction" and brought this as proof?
    Yup. That's the "vial of yellow cake uranium".

That pic's getting harder to find.

Yup. That's the "vial of yellow cake uranium".

That pic's getting harder to find.

You've got NOTHING.

The Pentagon is not telling us we need to go to war, they are saying they are NOT sending more troops which is the opposite of the cases you are referring to.

The Wall Street Journal published more fake news and you are clinging to it as if it was written in stone by the finger of GOD in order to feed your TDS addiction.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You've got NOTHING.

YOU'VE got nothing- and don't bash Ron Paul again.

Trump May Send Another 14,000 Troops To Middle East To "Deter" Iran

by Tyler Durden
    Wed, 12/04/2019

In the latest reversal to his campaign promise to bring American troops home, the Trump administration is considering "significantly expanding" the US military footprint in the middle east, by sending as many as 14,000 additional troops, along with military hardware and a dozen ships to the Middle East, the WSJ reported.

If confirmed, the deployment would double the number of US military personnel who have been sent to the region since the start of a troop buildup in May. The decision whether to send thousands more American soldiers into harms way is expected to be made as soon as this month.

So how will Trump face the electorate with elections in less than a year, and justify his decision to keeps deploying more US troops abroad instead of bringing them back home? Simple: he will blame everything on Iran. As the WSJ notes, on Iran—and partly at the behest of Israel—Trump is convinced of the need to counter the threat his aides say Tehran poses. Apparently that means deploying thousands more troops to places like Saudi Arabia, which already is the biggest US purchaser of weapons yet somehow is incapable of defending itself from those constant "Iranian attacks."

And this is where the US military industrial complex - which is only paid when more troops are deployed, not when they return - comes into play:

There is growing fear among U.S. military and other administration officials that an attack on U.S. interests and forces could leave the U.S. with few options in the region, officials said. By sending additional military resources to the region, the administration would be presenting a more credible deterrent to Tehran, blamed for a series of attacks, including one in September against oil facilities in Saudi Arabia. Iran has denied involvement.

Ironically, while the new deployment is designed to be a deterrent against possible Iranian retaliation - for mounting sanctions brought about by Trump no less designed to leave the Iranian regime with no way out but military escalation - apparently nobody has considered that a build up of even more American military resources in the region will only further provoke Tehran. Then again, this is the same "thinking" that led to the 2014 Ukraine (and Crimea) fiasco when NATO was "shocked" that its threat to expand into Ukraine would prompt Russia to become take appropriate retaliatory steps.

John Rood, the Pentagon’s senior policy official, on Wednesday hinted at an expanded deployment to counter Iran. Mr. Rood said no decision has been made on additional capabilities but that the situation is expected to remain fluid.

“Deterrence is dynamic, our response is going to be dynamic,” he said at a breakfast with reporters.

Should Trump approve the plan, the additional US troops would join the roughly 14,000 service members already in the region since May, when American intelligence analysts "identified a threat" from Iran and the U.S. Central Command commander, Marine Gen. Frank McKenzie, requested additional ships, missile-defense platforms and troopsSo far that threat has failed to materialize in anything more than an occasional staged false flag attack on some tanker sailing through the gulf.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/tru...ast-deter-iran
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/tru...ast-deter-iran
    That's the same nonsense from the Wall Street Journal.

the WSJ reported.
    IT'S FAKE NEWS.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The 14,000 was widely reported (repeated from the neocon WSJ), and it’s likely that Ron did not hear about the later Pentagon statement before they recorded the show. The show is usually commentary on current news and events. And they basically used it as a starting point to discuss Iran and Middle East policy in general.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The 14,000 was widely reported (repeated from the neocon WSJ), and it’s likely that Ron did not hear about the later Pentagon statement before they recorded the show. The show is usually commentary on current news and events. And they basically used it as a starting point to discuss Iran and Middle East policy in general.
    Exactly.

He should have just talked about the troops that were already sent and waited to talk about the new 14,000 until it was more than an MSM rumor.
    Just like he shouldn't have commented on the military pardons without finding out both sides of the issue.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That's the same nonsense from the Wall Street Journal.

IT'S FAKE NEWS.

So, Zero Hedge is only accurate when YOU quote it it.

Got it.
    There is no spoon.

So, Zero Hedge is only accurate when YOU quote it it.

Got it.
    LOL

Zerohedge is only as accurate as its sources, in this case its source has been outed as fake news.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Exactly.

He should have just talked about the troops that were already sent and waited to talk about the new 14,000 until it was more than an MSM rumor.
    They did talk about troops already there. And reports other than the 14,000 troop claim. Apparently John Rood (under secretary of defense for policy) has been making a lot of noise recently (and testified in front Congress) about the threats Iran poses. Other media reports are bouncing around with other numbers of troops. Ron always goes right back to the general foreign policy principles, and doesn’t stay on the headlines very long. No doubt the news will keep changing every day. Tune in tomorrow and maybe they will talk more about it.

The Pentagon on Wednesday denied a report ...
    The Pentagon has denied offering political and financial support to the Jundallah terrorist group as part of efforts to weaken the Tehran government.

After five months of tireless efforts, Iranian security officials managed to track down Abdolmalek Rigi, the leader of the Pakistan-based Jundallah terrorist organization, while he was onboard a flight from Dubai to Kyrgyzstan on Tuesday. Iran’s Intelligence Minister Heydar Moslehi said Rigi was at a US base in Afghanistan 24 hours before his arrest and was carrying a forged Afghan passport issued by the US at the time of his capture.

In a televised statement broadcasted on Press TV on Thursday, Rigi confirmed that the US administration had promised to provide him with unlimited military aid and funding for his terrorist activities against the Iranian government.

“They said they would cooperate with us and will give me military equipment, arms and machine guns. They also promised to give us a base along the border with Afghanistan next to Iran,” said the 31-year-old terror leader. “They [were] prepared to give [us] training and/or any assistance that [we] would require, in terms of telecommunications security and procedures as well as other support, the Americans said they would be willing to provide it at an extensive level,” he added.

Despite Rigi’s detailed confession and a photo taken by Iranian security officials, which clearly showed the terrorist leader entering a US base in Afghanistan a day before his arrest, the Pentagon has chosen to reject the claims.

“Iranian claims that Abdolmalek Rigi was at a US military installation prior to being apprehended are absolutely false,” said Pentagon press secretary, Geoff Morrell.

He added that these accusations are nothing but “fabrications” and “propaganda” emanating from Iranian officials.
    https://constantinereport.com/pentag...ah-terrorists/

The Pentagon says...

The Pentagon is delaying the full-rate production (FRP) decision for the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) owing to a lack of progress with the Joint Simulation Environment (JSE) that will test the aircraft against high-end threats that it cannot replicate on the range.

Ellen Lord, undersecretary of defense for Acquisition and Sustainment (A&S), told reporters on 18 October that this announcement means the FRP decision will not be made in December, as originally anticipated, but instead potentially in December 2020 or January 2021.

Dan Grazier, military fellow with the Project on Government Oversight (POGO) watchdog group in Washington, DC, told Jane's on 18 October that range restrictions prevent the F-35 from being tested against very high-end missions such as super dense, highly-integrated air defence networks. In theory, he said, the Pentagon should be able to replicate these missions in the simulator. Grazier said the Pentagon must have a properly functioning JSE to complete initial operational test and evaluation (IOT&E), which is required to properly inform the FRP decision.
    https://www.janes.com/article/92039/...n-by-13-months
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-06-2019 at 11:31 AM.

The Pentagon on Wednesday denied a report that the United States was weighing sending up to 14,000 more troops to the Middle East ...
    Denied on Wednesday, confirmed on Thursday...

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/top-pen...st-11575569890

A top Pentagon official told senators that U.S. military officials are considering bolstering the U.S. force presence in the Middle East to counter threats from Iran following a significant buildup throughout the year.

John Rood, the undersecretary of defense for policy, told the Senate Armed Services Committee on Thursday that the Pentagon had sent 14,000 additional troops this year and was considering more forces, but wouldn’t say how many.

“We haven’t made a decision yet,” Mr. Rood said under questioning by Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R., Tenn.). “Based on what we are seeing…it is possible we would need to adjust our force posture. I think that would be a prudent step, depending on what we observe, because our objective is to deter Iranian aggression.”

The Wall Street Journal, citing U.S. officials, reported Wednesday that the Pentagon was considering as many as 14,000 additional troops to respond to potential Iranian threats, and that a decision could come later this month.

President Trump also could approve a smaller deployment, the officials said.

Earlier in his testimony Thursday, Mr. Rood called the Journal report erroneous, saying, “We haven’t made a decision to deploy an additional 14,000 troops.”

Ms. Blackburn then asked Mr. Rood whether additional forces were being considered, or whether the Pentagon might send fewer than 14,000. “Yes,” he responded.

“We are evaluating the threat situations,” he said. “We will need to make dynamic adjustments to our posture.”

But naturally Ron Paul, who has a son in the Senate, is falling for fake news, while Swordshyll, who reads Yahoo!, is not.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-06-2019 at 09:24 AM.

He's got less than nothing. He's got a source in Yahoo! which is contradicting itself this morning.

https://news.yahoo.com/u-military-co...183049051.html

But he also has a constitutional right to bash Ron Paul--and make an ass of himself in the process.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast