Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: 'Brain Dead' NATO At 70 - Time To Pull The Plug?

  1. #1

    'Brain Dead' NATO At 70 - Time To Pull The Plug?

    'Brain Dead' NATO At 70 - Time To Pull The Plug?



    French president Macron caused a stir last month by stating that NATO is suffering from brain death. At this week's NATO summit marking 70 years of the Alliance, Trump and Macron are clashing. Why is it so hard for NATO to find a purpose? Is this a sign that finally, 30 years after the Cold War, it's time to end the anti-Soviet alliance?
    ---
    LAST WEEK: Help support the Liberty Report this #GivingTuesday and we'll send you a copy of Ron Paul's new mini-book on America's "Exceptional" Bankruptcy! For $50 we'll send you the book as a gift. For a donation of $100 or more, Ron Paul will sign it! Act today - it's a limited time offer: http://www.RonPaulInstitute.org/support
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    ďThey are what they hate.Ē - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    This may be the first and only thing about which the head Frog is ,or ever shall be, correct. But what is the alternative, with Russia sort of close by and not known for an absence of aggression?

    Western Euros are brain dead. Shame we cannot teleport eastern Europe to the west of western Europe. Over-writing the UK would be a fringe benefit of great value, as well. Let Russia eat western Europe... God knows they all deserve each other, but leave the easterners alone. At least they retain some shred of basic sense and appreciation for something vaguely resembling freedom.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    "Itís just interesting to note how constant government oppression can kill peopleís fighting spirit." - Withur We




    Pray for reset.


  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    This may be the first and only thing about which the head Frog is ,or ever shall be, correct. But what is the alternative, with Russia sort of close by and not known for an absence of aggression?

    Western Euros are brain dead. Shame we cannot teleport eastern Europe to the west of western Europe. Over-writing the UK would be a fringe benefit of great value, as well. Let Russia eat western Europe... God knows they all deserve each other, but leave the easterners alone. At least they retain some shred of basic sense and appreciation for something vaguely resembling freedom.
    Russia might just end up being the one to save E. Europe from W. Europe:

    Germany: All EU Members Must Take In Migrants

    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Russia might just end up being the one to save E. Europe from W. Europe:

    Germany: All EU Members Must Take In Migrants
    Russia would have to work diligently and very convincingly to earn my trust. Their political history is Łber-$#@!ty, the Soviet Onion being the nadir of their miserable existence. Putin, being old Soviet stock, is not to be trusted, regardless of other factors. He may be OK, or the devil hisownself. I am not sure how to make the determination. Given their particularly ugly history, they have much to prove to the world of decent humanity.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    "Itís just interesting to note how constant government oppression can kill peopleís fighting spirit." - Withur We




    Pray for reset.


  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Russia would have to work diligently and very convincingly to earn my trust. Their political history is Łber-$#@!ty, the Soviet Onion being the nadir of their miserable existence. Putin, being old Soviet stock, is not to be trusted, regardless of other factors. He may be OK, or the devil hisownself. I am not sure how to make the determination. Given their particularly ugly history, they have much to prove to the world of decent humanity.
    My view is similar but my view of Germany and the EU is currently worse.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    My view is similar but my view of Germany and the EU is currently worse.
    By all means this is true, but so far as I am concerned, this is the splitting of hairs.

    That said, I see better potential in Russia, much as I hate to admit that. For me to see greater potential in Russians than in any of the western European people is a sad testament to the wretched state of those degenerates. But the one thing the Russians have is the long history of stooge-driven, mindlessly vicious tyranny to (hopefully) keep them straight about what is important, whereas the western Europeans have been corrupted not only by their comparatively vast affluence, but the far more artful tyrannies of their respective governments. The Soviets were SO ham-fistedly idiotic that the tyranny was obvious to all. The tyranny of the "free world", is far more subtle, powerful, and dangerous.

    It will be interesting to see how things pan out over the coming few years.

    The times, they are a changin'.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    "Itís just interesting to note how constant government oppression can kill peopleís fighting spirit." - Withur We




    Pray for reset.


  8. #7
    NATO isn't going anywhere but at the very least the US should get out of that alliance. As far as I'm concerned, Europe can fend for themselves. In truth, NATO should have ended back in the late 80s/early 90s when the Soviet Union fell.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 12-06-2019 at 07:52 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge



Similar Threads

  1. Will Congress Finally Pull The Plug On Brutal Yemen War?
    By Brian4Liberty in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2018, 10:58 AM
  2. At&T aims to pull plug on traditional landlines
    By timosman in forum Science & Technology
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-29-2016, 08:52 AM
  3. Rand Paul has a quick fix for TSA: Pull the plug
    By GeorgiaAvenger in forum Rand Paul Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 02:41 PM
  4. China to cancel/pull plug on Billions 6% stake in Bear
    By ghemminger in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 01:25 AM
  5. Pull the plug on the Huckster
    By Ethek in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 03:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •