Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schiff’s New Found Authority – Congressional Subpoenas for Private Phone Records…

Schiff’s New Found Authority – Congressional Subpoenas for Private Phone Records…

Devin Nunes appeared on Tucker Carlson to discuss the impeachment events of the day. However, thankfully they also discussed the revelation that HPSCI Chairman Adam Schiff randomly started issuing subpoenas for telephone information. That’s the part I find very troubling. Notice how the media simply ignores it? This is a pretty big damn deal.
    Under what authority can congress arbitrarily send subpoenas for the private phone records of citizens, journalists, and fellow politicians? Can Nunes now start sending subpoenas for the phone records of Michael Isikoff around the time of the Flynn phone call leak?… and can congress publish those call records as a part of some possibly inquiry into the leak… and we can cross reference to identify the FBI leaker?….

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...phone-records/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

House Intelligence Committee Ranking Member Devin Nunes, R-Calif., said Saturday that he would be pursuing legal action after his phone records were exposed in the release of the Committee's impeachment inquiry report.

Appearing on "Fox & Friends: Weekend" with hosts Pete Hegseth, Lisa Boothe, and Ed Henry, Nunes said he's been under fire for three years because Republicans "continue to expose corruption," citing Democrats "unmasking Trump transition officials" and "funding the dossier" to obtain a FISA warrant on Carter Page.
    "And then, of course, over the two weeks before Thanksgiving, I think they were embarrassed by their lack of evidence they were able to present through the hearings," he said. "So, what happened is, the Friday before Thanksgiving, this fake news story drops about me supposedly being in Vienna. And then we get back from Thanksgiving and then -- lo and behold -- my name along with one of my current staff people...and a former staff person, all of a sudden our civil liberties are violated because our phone records show up in this report."

The Congressman is currently suing CNN for defamation after the network published reporting alleging that he met with Ukrainian prosecutor Viktor Shokin last year in Vienna in order to dig up "dirt" on former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden was "demonstrably false."
    Nunes told the "Friends: Weekend" hosts that, upon review, his phone records do not match what Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., and House Democrats put in the report.
    "So, you did not talk to Lev Parnas, for example, as many times as they're alleging?" asked Henry.
    "Well, let me tell you what I have. I can tell you that, it doesn't match. Okay?" Nunes replied. "So, I have one call with Rudy Giuliani in April, one in May. Substantive calls...The rest of the calls are where either somebody didn't connect or it was a voicemail, right?"

Nunes also recognized an incoming call from a woman who he had assumed was Parnas' wife.
    "I would do what I would normally do in a situation where you don't recognize somebody, you don't know somebody: you say 'thank you very much. Let me get you to the appropriate staff person,'" he noted.

"So, did you ever have a substantive conversation with Lev Parnas about information in Ukraine -- yes or no?" Henry probed further.
    "I didn't recognize the name until just in the last month when he was indicted, because I didn't know who the person was," said Nunes. "I can tell you that there's no way that I talked about me being in Vienna meeting with random Ukrainians; that didn't happen. Right? So, I can tell you we didn't talk about that because that didn't happen."
    Nunes said that Schiff is "in touch" with Parnas all the time, and if there's a "problem with Parnas" they need to "investigate themselves."
    "And so, the truth is two calls with Rudy Giuliani and one call with a guy that I don't even know seems pretty odd to say that that's a conspiracy," he added.
    "I believe I am the first member of Congress ever to have [my] phone records exposed like this," Nunes stated. "We're definitely going to take legal action."

"We need to get to court to try to stop that from happening again," he concluded.

More at: https://www.foxnews.com/media/devin-...chment-inquiry

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Schiff's own phone records are probably very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    I think this may apply to Devin Nunes' phone records, as well.

Roscoe B Davis

⭐️
    ⭐️
    ⭐️
    ‏ @RoscoeBDavis1
    Dec 3

Here is something that I am having a hard time wrapping my head around.

If you notice in this 300 page document, Schiff has introduced Phone records, specifically call logs into evidence that wasn't presented during the hearing, yet here they are.

These are AT&T call logs of Lev Parnas & Rudy Giuliani. You see other names in there but all are in one way or another either talking to Parnas or Rudy.

Now Parnas has a case pending in the SDNY for Campaign Funding Violations.

Here's my point. This is the product of an NSL

Those who are asking what is an NSL. An NSL is a national security letter (NSL) and is an administrative subpoena issued by the United States government to gather information for national security purposes. NSLs do not require prior approval from a judge.

This tells me that the SDNY has used an NSL to obtain the phone records of Lev Parnas and Rudy Giuliani. If you ask how can I tell? Well these are simply call logs, no content of the conversations just basic call data. Who, when where and how long. That's all that an NSL produces

Here's the rub, the problem. Lev Parnas is only charged with a campaign funding violation. Not any breach of National Security by any stretch by anyone's imagination.

SO someone in the SDNY has some explaining to do. Schiff cannot request an NSL.

When asked directly Schiff got all squirmy and said he couldn't divulge where he got the records. Damn right he couldn't because here once again someone is abuse the surveillance programs in the government for political purposes and not in the National Security interests.

This is absolute bullsh*t and @realDonaldTrump should have Barr look into WTF is going on in the SDNY. @MattWhitaker46 knows damn well what is going on here, the NSL powers are being abused again.

NSLs typically contain a non disclosure requirement forbidding the recipient of an NSL from disclosing that the FBI had requested the information. You read that right the FBI. This is a real problem, but this isn't localized to just the SDNY and here's why.

The non disclosure provision must be authorized by the Director of the FBI, and only after he certifies "that otherwise there may result a danger to the national security of the United States.

That means that this had to be approved by Chris Wray. That's a real problem.

Link to entire thread: https://twitter.com/RoscoeBDavis1/st...29329309470720

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It'll be interesting to see how hypocritical Schiff becomes when people start subpoenaing his phone records. Reminds me of how pissed Diane Feinstein was when she found out that the government was listening in on her phone calls. She was outraged about it even though she signed off on all of that sht.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Adam Schiff is a disgusting low life weasel. I hope he ends up in federal prison.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Adam Schiff is a disgusting low life weasel. I hope he ends up in federal prison.
    I hope he is convicted of treason and executed.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I hope he is convicted of treason and executed.
    I guess if you're going to hope, go for the gusto. I don't see that happening though.
    "The Patriarch"

Gee, I wonder how Nunes has voted regarding government wiretap and phone record authorities...

If you're wondering about the 'no' and 'yes' at the bottom (on the same day), the difference is that he voted 'no' to a PATRIOT act with an expiration date of 2009 for all provisions, and 'yes' to a PATRIOT act which completely removed the expiration at all for many provisions, and changed the expiration to 2015 for other provisions.

Here's the 'no:'

Vote on a motion to recommit the bill with instructions to set an expiration date of 12/31/2009 for all provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act originally set to expire on 12/31/2005.

Here's the 'yes:'

Vote to pass a bill that reauthorizes and extends certain provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act of 2001 and adds new provisions to the act.

Highlights:
    • Repeals the expiration date of Dec. 31, 2005, for all other provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act of 2001 set to expire on that date (Sec. 102).

• Extends until Dec. 31, 2015, the government's power to obtain records, papers, documents, and other items during investigations of terrorism or foreign intelligence activities, and requires that the FBI Director personally approve requests for library or bookstore records (Sec. 107).

• Extends until Dec. 31, 2015, the government's power to conduct "roving" wiretaps that monitor all or multiple lines of an individual's electronic or phone communication rather than only one specific line (Sec. 109).

• Prohibits surveillance, photographing, or videotaping of mass transportation systems with the intent to plan a terrorist attack (Sec. 110).

• Expands the definition of the federal crime of terrorism to include military-type training from a foreign terrorist organization and threats concerning nuclear weapons or weapons of mass destruction (Sec. 112).

• Repeals the First Responder Grant Program and implements a "Faster and Smarter Funding for First Responders" program whereby grants will be distributed to states, regions, and eligible Indian tribes with approved "terrorism preparedness" plans (Sec. 128).

• Raises the maximum punishment from life in prison to a sentence of death for various terrorism-related offenses, including any terrorist offense that results in the death of a person or a grave risk thereof (Sec. 211).

• Makes a variety of terrorism-related acts involving maritime navigation illegal under federal law, including transportation of biological, chemical, or radioactive or nuclear materials, and transportation of terrorists; increases the penalties for various other acts of violence against maritime navigation (Sec. 305).

• Raises the maximum punishment for terrorist attacks on mass transportation vehicles to the death penalty for attacks resulting in the death of a person or at least 30 years in prison for attacks on vehicles carrying high-level radioactive waste or spent nuclear fuel (Sec. 307).

• Increases the maximum penalty to a fine of $50,000 or up to twenty years in prison for financing terrorist operations in contravention of the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (Sec. 402).

https://justfacts.votesmart.org/cand...ional-security

In conclusion, Devin Nunes can suck my dick.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Gee, I wonder how Nunes has voted regarding government wiretap and phone record authorities...

If you're wondering about the 'no' and 'yes' at the bottom (on the same day), the difference is that he voted 'no' to a PATRIOT act with an expiration date of 2009 for all provisions, and 'yes' to a PATRIOT act which completely removed the expiration at all for many provisions, and changed the expiration to 2015 for other provisions.

Here's the 'no:'

Here's the 'yes:'

https://justfacts.votesmart.org/cand...ional-security

In conclusion, Devin Nunes can suck my dick.
    But Schiff is just fine? Right?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

But Schiff is just fine? Right?
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Nice selfie.

You are the one distracting from the point by trying to say ONE of the targets deserved it.

Schiff wasn't even following current law and needs to be punished.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You are the one distracting from the point by trying to say ONE of the targets deserved it.
    Distracting from the point? Let's look at your post. What are the first two words?

Devin Nunes

Who appears in the video? Devin Nunes.

Who appears in the phone logs image that you link? Devin Nunes. You even helpfully put a red box around his name:

And now you're going to pretend that talking about Devin Nunes is somehow off topic or distracting from the matter at hand? Get the hell outta here with that bull$#@!.

So, now back to the topic of the thread, Devin Nunes:

I hope he's indicted, is either censured or expelled, and resigns.
    Pinochet is the model

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Look at this sh*t:

"I always felt that Mr. Nunes was a dividing character,” Democratic Rep. Bill Pascrell of New Jersey told the Washington Examiner. “We know of his meetings with the president, which he had every right to do by the way. But in the peculiar position he was in, it was obvious where he was getting his orders and how he proceeded. And I think he’s going to get what’s coming to him.”

Absolutely Bolshevik Stalinist.

Then this:

A top Democratic aide said nobody was spying on Nunes.

"The Republican minority of the three committees has had access to these subpoenaed records and knows full well that neither Mr. Nunes nor Mr. Solomon were subpoenaed, nor were their call record," the aide said.

Well, that proves what that twitter guy I brought here said. No subpoena because they got the NSLs, ILLEGALLY, under FALSE PRETENSES and that traitor, Wray, knew they were false.

Why, oh, why, did Trump appoint that $#@! when he could have appointed Whittaker? Trump keeps making these stupid errors over and over.

Distracting from the point? Let's look at your post. What are the first two words?

Who appears in the phone logs image that you link? Devin Nunes. You even helpfully put a red box around his name:

And now you're going to pretend that talking about Devin Nunes is somehow off topic or distracting from the matter at hand? Get the hell outta here with that bull$#@!.

The the topic of this thread is SCHIFF, read the thread title: SCHIFF's newfound authority...........

You are proving that you are trying to change the topic and cover for Schiff.

Nunes' past votes and any irony involved are a distraction.

Schiff is the villain in this story and he is the ones who needs punishing for this.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Look at this sh*t:

"I always felt that Mr. Nunes was a dividing character,” Democratic Rep. Bill Pascrell of New Jersey told the Washington Examiner. “We know of his meetings with the president, which he had every right to do by the way. But in the peculiar position he was in, it was obvious where he was getting his orders and how he proceeded. And I think he’s going to get what’s coming to him.”

Absolutely Bolshevik Stalinist.
    Just like a certain poster in this thread.

Then this:

A top Democratic aide said nobody was spying on Nunes.

"The Republican minority of the three committees has had access to these subpoenaed records and knows full well that neither Mr. Nunes nor Mr. Solomon were subpoenaed, nor were their call record," the aide said.

Well, that proves what that twitter guy I brought here said. No subpoena because they got the NSLs, ILLEGALLY, under FALSE PRETENSES and that traitor, Wray, knew they were false.

Why, oh, why, did Trump appoint that $#@! when he could have appointed Whittaker? Trump keeps making these stupid errors over and over.
    I hope it is because he is giving his enemies the rope to hang themselves with.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I don't like the votes but on what basis do you allege he should be censured, expelled or resign?

I don't like the votes but on what basis do you allege he should be censured, expelled or resign?
    Probably for violating the Constitution.

But he has no interest in seeing Demoncrats like Schiff held to the same standard.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Just like a certain poster in this thread.
    ^^^THIS

I hope it is because he is giving his enemies the rope to hang themselves with.
    I'm afraid not. He seems to succumb to pressure and bad advice and repeatedly appoints these deep state commies. Wray needs to be fired and then indicted for issuing and signing off on NSLs used to spy on political enemies.

Failure to disclose a conflict of interest regarding an intelligence and judicial proceeding in which he was the ranking member.
    Pinochet is the model

Probably for violating the Constitution.

But he has no interest in seeing Demoncrats like Schiff held to the same standard.
    Ah, for his voting record? I'd like to see all of congress held accountable in the regard.

BTW, I love the quotes in your sig, especially the Zero Hedge comment. Their comment section is the best.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Failure to disclose a conflict of interest regarding an intelligence and judicial proceeding in which he was the ranking member.
    Do elaborate so we can all know what you're talking about.

And, SchiTT?

Ah, for his voting record? I'd like to see all of congress held accountable in the regard.

BTW, I love the quotes in your sig, especially the Zero Hedge comment. Their comment section is the best.
    Thanks.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

There was no conflict of interest.

Unless you are talking about Schiff, he is loaded with them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Do elaborate so we can all know what you're talking about.
    As per his phone records, Nunes was in contact with one indicted felon and at least two unindicted felons regarding the Ukraine matters which were the subject of hearings in his committee. He presided over those hearings as ranking member without saying a word about it...

And, SchiTT?
    I don't know what I'm supposed to think about your memes.
    Pinochet is the model

There was no conflict of interest.

Unless you are talking about Schiff, he is loaded with them.
    Your detailed arguments are as convincing as ever.
    Pinochet is the model

this is nothing new.

It's embarassing that people here don't understand the basic laws of subpoena in this country.

I hate it as much as you do, but please stop acting like it's a new or illegal thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast