Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Tucker Carlson: What is destroying rural America?

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    then you'd expect places with no government to be the safest

This conclusion, like many of your other conclusions, does not logically follow from the given facts.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anarchism. Abolition of private property. Workers owning means of production. Equal access to resources for all humans.
    So, there's no private property, but workers own the factory they work at. That's not private property? If it's public property, then they also own their competition's factory, and the competition also owns theirs. What happens when they want overtime? Do they burn down "their other factory"?

then you'd expect places with no government to be the safest
    I expect the places with government to be safest--for thieves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    My tax dollars paid to fund ISIS and make fake beheading videos. Are you saying we shouldn't get our monies worth??

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    what is property if not protected?
    Property or stolen property depending on whether thieves seize it or ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

I expect the places with government to be safest--for thieves.
    Government sanctioned thieves are special...

They even get special outfits and plastic badges.

So, there's no private property, but workers own the factory they work at. That's not private property?

No, it's not. Because workers are personally using it.

Look up the difference between personal and private property.

No, it's not. Because workers are personally using it.

Look up the difference between personal and private property.
    OK. All the definitions I see of personal property says personal property is portable.

So we're advocating for portable farms and portable factories?

You're trying to split hairs to distract people from questions for which you have no good answer. You're failing.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-17-2019 at 04:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    My tax dollars paid to fund ISIS and make fake beheading videos. Are you saying we shouldn't get our monies worth??

OK. All the definitions I see of personal property says personal property is portable.

So we're advocating for portable farms and portable factories?

You're trying to split hairs to distract people from questions for which you have no good answer. You're failing.
    close enough, more that if you can't move it, it's not ownable.

I can own a cruise ship but not a rose garden?
    I can own a double wide on wheels but not a log cabin on slab?
    I can own lumber but not a tree?

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Everything is movable, given enough leverage and force.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    “Give me a place to stand, and a lever long enough, and I will move the world. ”

― Archimedes

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    hmmm perhaps...maybe not though

I can move the dirt that came out of the hole, but I cannot move the hole from which it came.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    I can own a cruise ship but not a rose garden?
    I can own a double wide on wheels but not a log cabin on slab?
    I can own lumber but not a tree?
    you can own what you can occupy and use. anything else, you'll need to hire a person to protect it for you, which means you cannot be personally using it, thus you can't complain if the people you hire turn on you one day, after all, you're not using it.

you can own what you can occupy and use. anything else, you'll need to hire a person to protect it for you, which means you cannot be personally using it, thus you can't complain if the people you hire turn on you one day, after all, you're not using it.
    “Your “property” is your body, your free will, and the tools/resources you collect along the way. According to the free market principle of homesteading, you only own the land you use/improve and you can claim any unused/uncultivated/unprotected lands without license/deed/mortgage. First come, first serve”

So, what I said. I agree with you then (and me).

if you want to take it so personally, sure. But most likely you're not the first person people think of stealing from.
    They've already done it. Hoodrats broke into my home, ripped off all kinds of stuff, and also my car, ripping the radio/stereo out of the dashboard. Two different cities and a long time ago when I was living in "diverse" neighborhoods.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    The fact that people regularly use government to protect their property in no way proves that government is NECESSARY to protect their property.

Try again.
    And they rarely do so anyway. They come after the fact of the robbery, murder, rape, whatever. Courts have ruled they have duty to protect because it's impossible, anyway. They'd have to be everybody's body and property guards. Where they DO come out is to protect the MAN.

1. no, you can't repeat offend
    2. people keep citing this law, but somehow, miraculously, it hasn't led to a significant increase in petty theft. even though it may not be prosecuted, getting arrested and held just isn't worth it for most people.
    You used the word "offend" so you acknowledge it an offense to steal from someone else.

Since you defend stealing due to "need", why should there be any limit on the number of offenses? It should be until ones gets what one needs. If you can't afford rent, then 950. per day should do it.

You're wrong about that law and the trend of non enforcement. Property crime is through the roof in places like San Francisco.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    He's an insider. Look into his background. You think money falls on these people's laps for no reason?

They pick who to give the seed monies to, and they choose who sits on top and gobbles up the competition,
    and the talent.

We are living in the end stage of laissez faire capitalism, and it's not a pretty sight if you ask me.

You seem to forget how most Midwestern and Western families got their mssive lands. For Free through a government program.
    Just like Bezos' grandfather's family who owns one of the largest ranches in the country, and sat on the US Nuclear Commission
    as head of Los Alamos in the '40s. Then there's the Guise side, which is crypto. They are all either FULL, half or crypto because we
    are being warred against psychologically and materially by parasitical secret societies.
    They distribute the bankers money to whomever they wish.
    It's NEVER BEEN On the Up-and-Up. It's always been a racket run by the cabal.
    Marxism and Capitalism are both reductionist scams, they only rose to power through state-sponsored usury,
    after the Church was weakened by the Protestant Reformation. History is a chestnut of information if you read the right things.
    Okay, I can't dispute that. My greater point was that someone who doesn't start out wealthy can get there and end up one of the beneficiaries of the corrupt system. Obviously, I'm not advocating anyone do it but a lot of entrepreneurs are self made.

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    You used the word "offend" so you acknowledge it an offense to steal from someone else.
    I acknowledge the law is the law.

Since you defend stealing due to "need", why should there be any limit on the number of offenses?
    My view and prop 47 are not the same thing. Which one are you asking?

It should be until ones gets what one needs. If you can't afford rent, then 950. per day should do it.

You're wrong about that law and the trend of non enforcement. Property crime is through the roof in places like San Francisco.
    Property prices and population have not been dropping, so I'm inclined to believe you're wrong.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I acknowledge the law is the law.

My view and prop 47 are not the same thing. Which one are you asking?

Property prices and population have not been dropping, so I'm inclined to believe you're wrong.
    I'm not takling about the law but right and wrong.

I'm addressing what you've written regarding your rationalizations for stealing.

San Francisco has by far the highest property crime rate in California, with more than twice the number of reported thefts per capita than Los Angeles or Santa Clara counties, according to a new report by the Public Policy Institute of California.

And when it comes to arrests, San Francisco is 50th out of the state’s 58 counties.

Statewide police records reviewed by the PPIC show San Francisco averaged a whopping 5,844 property crimes per 100,000 residents per year from 2014 to 2016, the last period for which detailed arrest data are available. Alameda County, which includes Oakland, came in second statewide with 3,666 crimes per 100,000 residents.

Los Angeles County, by comparison, was at 25th, reporting an average of 2,398 crimes per 100,000 residents. Santa Clara County, which includes San Jose, came in 30th, with an average of 2,282 per 100,000 residents — less than half the property crime rate of San Francisco.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...s-14439369.php

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910