Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Democrats Now ‘Say Out Loud’ Intent to Turn America Blue by Immigration

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    James Comey also a communist. Which party is he in?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yes, we know, freedom is not popular.

OK, so what next?
    I dunno. Maybe you take heart in the fact that there are people like me who back in 2000 supported gun control and now are totally against gun control and you try to figure out what changed our minds in the hopes that it might work with other people?

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Again, you don't get it. Many reliable "vote republican" white alt-righters are giddy over the idea of getting a $1,000 per month check. So no. Simply being more likely to vote republican doesn't make someone "good."

Yes. Many people white and black and Asian are hypocrites. And many people who own guns want stricter gun control for other people. Case in point is Ronald Reagan who gave wonderful lip service to the 2nd amendment but as governor of California passed stricter gun control because he didn't like the Black Panthers having guns and as president banned the import of machine guns as a part of the "defend gun rights" act. Or Trump banning bumpfire stocks, floating "red flag" laws and then pulling them back but coming out with an Orwellian "minority report" style thought crime system. Again, when it comes to actual actions taken, Obama was better on gun control than Trump has been so far. Not on rhetoric or on proposals but on actual actions taken.

Edit: Personal story. I was recently listening to a white conservative female talk show host (can't remember her name) who was covering the Democratic town hall where Kirsten Gillibrand went on a rant against Trump on guns. This talk show host, while defending Trump, missed the biggest lie Kirsten said. Kirsten falsely claimed that Trump promised a bumpfire stock ban but didn't deliver. I called in and pointed that he actually had done the bumpfire stock ban and I disagreed with him on that. She thanked me for pointing that out. Right after that a white female called in (I'm going by voices here) and she was a Trump supporter. She agreed that it was terrible that Kirsten had lied about Trump did regarding bumpfire stocks then added "I'm against gun control except for those assault rifles." Now that might not show up in your cherry picked statistics but there are a lot more republicans supporting this crap than you think. And more importantly, republicans will give a republican president a pass on stricter gun control. And by giving him a pass I mean not pushing for there to be a primary challenge over the issue. Case in point, you're not wanting anyone to primary Trump. Maybe if Trump followed through on one of his assault weapons trial balloons and actually passed an assault weapons ban you would...I don't know. Ronald Reagan is still universally praised by Republicans and even seen as "pro gun" despite a horrible record on gun control. Where are the "good republicans" who are willing to consistently call him out on that? Few and far between.

Edit: And since you are such a fan of groupthink based on polls, according to a recent poll 90 percent of republicans support universal background checks and 55 percent support a new assault weapons ban. So no, republicans as a "group" are not good on gun control.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ns-ban-1452586
    Republicans typically are more reticent to support new gun restrictions, and Trump campaigned in 2016 on his strong support for the Second Amendment. But the poll found that 55 percent of GOP voters were comfortable with banning assault weapons, and 54 percent said they would support stricter gun laws more generally. Ninety percent said they would back universal background checks for gun sales.
    O'Bummer was NOT better than Trump on guns, that is a myth.

Polls always skew left (and that one is probably total hogwash) and many Republicans are far from perfect but bringing in millions mor people who have no cultural understanding of liberty and who are far more anti-liberty won't help.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I dunno. Maybe you take heart in the fact that there are people like me who back in 2000 supported gun control and now are totally against gun control and you try to figure out what changed our minds in the hopes that it might work with other people?
    That's a good plan.

But it won't work if you allow in new anti-liberty people faster than you can convert people.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

OK Bernie
    OK Adolf.

See what I did there?
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Bull$#@! the tech companies like facebook and youtube and reddit that most political discourse is debated on have censored me. They are just as bad as the fake news when i supported Ron Paul in 2012 and they wouldnt even put him in the graphics as running and didnt let him in the debates.
    Yes, the msm censored the Republican who was against building a wall, and four years later went out of their way to anti-censor the Republican who was for a wall.

Amash>Trump

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Nice of you to help the globalists do that by telling conservative immigrants they aren't welcome in the GOP...

Why are useful idiots always so proud of themselves? Not that any particular person here would necessarily know firsthand...
    Dunning-Kruger
    Amash>Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    O'Bummer was NOT better than Trump on guns, that is a myth.
    It's a fact that based on actual policies enacted Obama was better than Trump. That is a 100% fact. You know it. You don't want to admit it but you know it is true which is why you won't directly address what I said. Trump is better when it comes to rhetoric but much worse than Obama on what he actually did.

Polls always skew left (and that one is probably total hogwash) and many Republicans are far from perfect but bringing in millions mor people who have no cultural understanding of liberty and who are far more anti-liberty won't help.
    LOL. Polls that support your POV are great and can't be disputed and polls that don't support your POV are hogwash. Got it.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 12-07-2019 at 09:46 PM.

It's a fact that based on actual policies enacted Obama was better than Trump. That is a 100% fact. You know it. You're just not honest enough to admit it. Trump is better when it comes to rhetoric but much worse than Obama on what he actually did.
    WRONG.

O'Bummer enacted much worse policies.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Ron uses globalist talking points
    lol are you and Swordy "Ron is Wrong" Smyth comparing notes?
    Amash>Trump

WRONG.

O'Bummer enacted much worse policies.
    Like letting people carry guns into national forests? Like letting people take guns on Amtrack? (Both Obama) Or like bumpfire stock bans? Oops...that's Trump.

Like letting people carry guns into national forests? Like letting people take guns on Amtrack? (Both Obama) Or like bumpfire stock bans? Oops...that's Trump.
    Like fast and furious and using the VA to take guns from vets and revoking FFLs right and left for trivial errors and buying up all the ammunition for federal departments that had no use for it and a zillion other attacks on guns and gun owners.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    lol are you and Swordy "Ron is Wrong" Smyth comparing notes?
    Ron still says Saudis took down the buildings with airliners as proof we should bring the troops home from Saudi Barbaria.

He uses globalist talking points when it suits his purposes.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Like fast and furious and using the VA to take guns from vets and revoking FFLs right and left for trivial errors and buying up all the ammunition for federal departments that had no use for it and a zillion other attacks on guns and gun owners.
    Fast and furious, while a crime, did not affect the second amendment and was a continuation of a Bush policy. The "using the VA to take guns from vets" argument was Obama using mental health records for background checks, something that Trump has now pushed for in spades and expanded even further. People were still able to by ammo. Where can you buy a bumpfire stock? Oh yeah, you can't.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's no denying jmdrake is right on this one.

Trump banned a previously legal firearm accessory by executive fiat, without compensation for the owners of said previously legal property.

Horrible precedent set all around.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Fast and furious, while a crime, did not affect the second amendment and was a continuation of a Bush policy. The "using the VA to take guns from vets" argument was Obama using mental health records for background checks, something that Trump has now pushed for in spades and expanded even further. People were still able to by ammo. Where can you buy a bumpfire stock? Oh yeah, you can't.
    Fast and Furious was intended to get people to support gun laws by deliberately giving guns to criminals and Trump put an end to it.
    You didn't even respond to the point about FFls.
    The VA was under O'Bummer staffed by people who were diagnosing trumped up mental problems to take guns away from vets and Trump put an end to that .
    The Bumpstock thing is bad but it doesn't even come close to O'Bummer's policies, many of which I haven't even mentioned.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

There's no denying jmdrake is right on this one.

Trump banned a previously legal firearm accessory by executive fiat, without compensation for the owners of said previously legal property.

Horrible precedent set all around.
    I won't and never have denied that it was horrible.

But I emphatically deny that O'Bummer was better.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I won't and never have denied that it was horrible.

But I emphatically deny that O'Bummer was better.
    O-Bomb-Ya talked a big game but did almost nothing.

Seriously, what major piece of gun control came out of the FedGov under O-Bomb-Ya's reign?

That's not snark...I can't think of anything.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Seriously, what major piece of gun control came out of the FedGov under O-Bomb-Ya's reign?

Just the UN treaty O'Bummer signed and Trump unsigned makes O'Bummer far worse.

And then there are many little things like this:

Trump Signs Bill Revoking Obama-Era Gun Checks for People With Mental Illnesses

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...mental-n727221

And many more.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Just the UN treaty O'Bummer signed and Trump unsigned makes O'Bummer far worse.
    Yes, that was bad, but it was also smoke and mirrors, as the Senate had not ratified that treaty and had no plans to.

What I'm getting is this:

After Sandy Hook for instance, Obama had the political capital and could have gotten significant gun control, had he just decided to take up the sword.

He didn't.

So much the better of course, but why?

On Friday, July 22, just as members of his party were gathering in Philadelphia to coronate Hillary Clinton as their presidential nominee, the Obama Administration once again released a sweeping gun control measure by executive fiat. This time the bad news came via the U.S. State Department’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), which is primarily responsible for administering the Arms Export Control Act (AECA) and its implementing rules, the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). The upshot is that DDTC is labeling commercial gunsmiths as “manufacturers” for performing relatively simple work such as threading a barrel or fabricating a small custom part for an older firearm. Under the AECA, “manufacturers” are required to register with DDTC at significant expense or risk onerous criminal penalties.
    As with prior executive actions on guns, the administration released its dictate suddenly and without advance warning to or prior input from affected businesses, completely bypassing the normal formalities associated with a significant rulemaking. The guidance is also likely to result in more confusion than clarity and may significantly chill heretofore legal conduct associated with gunsmithing.
    By way of background, the AECA and ITAR concern rules by which military materiel is exported from, and imported to, the United States. The so-called “defense articles” governed by the AECA/ITAR are compiled in what is known as the U.S. Munitions List and include some, but not all, firearms and ammunition, as well as their parts and components. Thus, for purposes of the regime, a spring or floorplate from the magazine of a controlled firearm is subject to the same regulatory framework as the firearm itself.
    The AECA/ITAR require anybody who engages in the business of “manufacturing” a defense article to register with DDTC and pay a registration fee that for new applicants is currently $2,250 per year. These requirements apply, even if the business does not, and does not intend to, export any defense article. Moreover, under ITAR, “only one occasion of manufacturing … a defense article” is necessary for a commercial entity to be considered “engaged in the business” and therefore subject to the regime’s requirements.

More at: https://www.nraila.org/articles/2016...ve-gun-control

The National Rifle Association on Wednesday filed a lawsuit challenging a new federal regulation requiring gun merchants along the border with Mexico to report bulk sales of certain semiautomatic rifles, contending that the Obama administration exceeded its powers by imposing the rule last month without Congressional permission.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2011...gun-sales-rule

NRA: Gun blogs, videos, web forums threatened by new Obama regulation

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ama-regulation

When you think of the Obama administration's stalled threat to ban popular rifle ammunition under the rubric of prohibited "armor-piercing" handgun ammunition, think of the movie "The Terminator," and Arnold Schwarzenegger’s famous line—"I'll be baaaack."
    Because they will be back.
    After the massive February and early March outcry from gun owners, led by National Rifle Association members and bipartisan majority opposition in both houses of Congress, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) delayed its ban on M855 5.56 mm ball rifle ammo.
    News media headlines in coverage of the stand-down used words like “drops,” “scraps,” “abandons” and “pulls,” giving the impression that the ban is dead. But nothing could be further from the truth.
    In suddenly halting this latest assault on gun owners, BATFE used an ominous phrase, “at this time.” Additionally, the agency said the action “deserves further study.”
    Bank on this—“further study” will almost certainly result in even harsher action in the future.
    In fact, a renewed attack on common AR-15 ammunition came just two days after the announced stand-down. On March 12, BATFE Director B. Todd Jones told a Senate Appropriations Committee that he considers all 5.56 ammo to be a threat to law enforcement officers. That same day, a draft of a letter to BATFE from a group of congressional Democrats was made public that called on BATFE to quickly revive plans to ban M855 ammo.

The fraudulent nature of BATFE’s outside-federal-law process, which ignored the Administrative Procedures Act—mandatory for such regulation changes—was proven in the March 10 stand-down announcement referring to the 80,000-plus letters and emails of opposition as “informal comments.” Yet there was nothing “informal” about the impending bullet ban.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2015...o-ban-all-ammo

Obama Administration Bans Import of Popular Russian Firearms

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2014...ssian-firearms

Recently, a federal district court in Washington, D.C. issued a ruling upholding an Obama administration policy that requires federally licensed firearms retailers in states bordering Mexico to report multiple sales of semi-automatic rifles. The case was brought by two NRA-backed firearm retailers and by the National Shooting Sports Foundation acting on behalf of its affected members. Plaintiffs have already filed an appeal—but while we await the outcome, your help is urgently needed in seeking congressional action to end this illegal policy.

Devised by Attorney General Eric Holder’s Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the plan requires all of the 8,700 firearm dealers in California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas to report all sales of two or more semi-automatic rifles within five consecutive business days, if the rifles are larger than .22 caliber and use detachable magazines.

In July 2011, the Justice Department announced that it would proceed with the controversial reporting procedure. During consideration of the FY 2012 Commerce, Justice, Science Appropriations bill, pro-gun U.S. Rep. Denny Rehberg (R-Mont.) offered an amendment in committee to prohibit the use of funds for the unauthorized reporting plan and the amendment was passed by a vote of 25-16. Unfortunately, the Rehberg amendment did not make it through the appropriations process.

Much has transpired since then regarding BATFEs’ failed “Operation Fast and Furious,” and evidence is now clear that “Fast and Furious” was used as justification to force the multiple sales reporting requirement.

In early December 2011, CBS News reported that BATFE “discussed using their covert operation “Fast and Furious” to argue for controversial new rules about gun sales.” In particular, agency officials wanted guns to fall into Mexican drug cartel hands and be traced back to gun dealers in the U.S. to make a case for requiring the multiple sales reporting.

According to CBS, “Emails show they discussed using the sales, including sales encouraged by ATF, to justify a new gun regulation called Demand Letter 3. That would require some U.S. gun shops to report the sale of multiple rifles or ‘long guns.’”

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2012...tration-scheme

There was a lot more too, including trying to get banks to unperson gun companies and buyers by pressuring them through the Treasury department and trying to mandate background checks at gunshows by executive order.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 12-07-2019 at 11:40 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yes, that was bad, but it was also smoke and mirrors, as the Senate had not ratified that treaty and had no plans to.

What I'm getting is this:

After Sandy Hook for instance, Obama had the political capital and could have gotten significant gun control, had he just decided to take up the sword.

He didn't.

So much the better of course, but why?
    See post #231

He did a lot of things and tried to do many more but was stopped.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Obama blamed mass shootings on guns and convinced a lot of people that guns were the the problem. His rhetoric has caused so much division in the country and has convinced some liberals that mandatory buybacks is appropriate. He has done more damage with his rhetoric since he has inspired people to be against RKBA

Fast and Furious was intended to get people to support gun laws by deliberately giving guns to criminals and Trump put an end to it.
    LOL. Fast and furious was ended prior to Trump becoming president because it became public knowledge! And I see you're ignoring the fact that gunwalking was started by the Bush administration and only continued by Obama. Also your claim about the intent is like democrats claiming Trump intended to derail Biden as a political rival. It's possibly true and possibly false. The stated intent of gunwalking as given by Republican and Democratic administrations who did it was as a sting operation. Not the same as a direct attack on the 2nd amendment such as an assault weapons ban or a bumpfire stock ban. Not even close.

You didn't even respond to the point about FFls.
    That is not an official policy position. No long term effect on the 2nd amendment the way the bumpfire stock ban is. No dangerous precedent. Next?

The VA was under O'Bummer staffed by people who were diagnosing trumped up mental problems to take guns away from vets and Trump put an end to that .
    The Bumpstock thing is bad but it doesn't even come close to O'Bummer's policies, many of which I haven't even mentioned.
    No official policy position. No long term effect on the 2nd amendment like the bumpfire stock ban. Not nearly as bad as the Orange man's new thought crimes division. Next?

Obama blamed mass shootings on guns and convinced a lot of people that guns were the the problem. His rhetoric has caused so much division in the country and has convinced some liberals that mandatory buybacks is appropriate. He has done more damage with his rhetoric since he has inspired people to be against RKBA
    You haven't been actually following the conversation have you? From the jump I said Obama's rhetoric was worse but Trump's actual policies were worse. Next?

https://warisboring.com/trump-expand...rifle-imports/
    Trump Expands What Obama Started—Banning Russian Rifle Imports
    Treasury Department sanctions maker of Vepr rifles
    WIB LAND June 24, 2017 Robert Beckhusen

guns46 Russia136
    In the world of 7.62-millimeter rifles, Russian-made AKs and Veprs in particular—a group of AK-style variants produced by gunmaker Molot—are highly prized for their quality, durability and killer cool.

Veprs became even more coveted in 2014, when the Obama administration imposed sanctions on competitor Kalashnikov Concern following the Russian invasion and annexation of Crimea, halting that company’s exports to the United States.

Molot’s guns, however, remained legal to import. A buying frenzy nevertheless made them harder to come by, raising prices as other sources of Russian-made rifles dried up. Then three years later, the hammer of the U.S. government finally landed on Molot.

ADVERTISING

On June 20, 2017, the U.S. Treasury Department added Molot to its list of Ukraine-related sanctions “for operating in the arms or related material sector of the Russian Federation and for acting or purporting to act for on behalf of, directly or indirectly, Kalashnikov Concern,” the Treasury Department said in a statement.

The U.S. government alleges that Kalashnikov advised a foreign company in 2016 to use then-unsanctioned Molot “to falsify invoices” to bypass U.S. and E.U. sanctions.

What’s absolutely clear—the move will spike demand for the remaining Vepr rifles in America. The sanctions do not, of course, mean existing Veprs in the United States are now illegal, only that American buyers can’t legally import any more.

Curiously, the decision is a Trump-era expansion of an Obama-era policy—which the gun lobby once rhetorically blasted.

“These latest sanctions will no doubt engender the idea among some that the Treasury Department is using a geopolitical crisis as a convenient excuse to advance the president’s domestic anti-gun agenda,” the National Rifle Association and its lobbying body, the Institute for Legislative Action, stated in 2014.

At left, a man firing a Vepr rifle with a forward-mounted scout scope. Davidwhitewolf photos via Flickr
    The gun lobby didn’t end there. In December 2015, the NRA sent a delegation to Russia and met with deputy prime minister Dmitry Rogozin, Russia’s defense industry chief whom the Obama administration had also slapped with sanctions. It’s important to note that merely talking to a sanctioned individual—I’ve done so myself in the course of reporting—is not illegal.

Rogozin is also chairman of the Russian Shooting Federation, and once called on the actor Steven Seagal to lobby for looser restrictions on Russian arms imports into the United States.

The NRA went on to spend more than $30 million supporting Trump in the 2016 presidential campaign. But the gun lobby has been quiet after the Trump administration’s sanctions on Molot.

Gun owners took notice. “The end result is that we’ll soon see the flow of Molot-made Veprs slow to a trickle and then stop completely,” the blog Truth About Guns wrote.

FIME Group, a U.S. distributor of Molot’s wares, demurred after the ban. “As the exclusive importer of Molot products, we are in the process of reviewing the implications of the sanctions before we are able to make any additional announcements,” the company stated.

Semi-automatic Vepr rifles have a reputation for accuracy and reliability, and often sell for higher prices than comparable AK-style weapons. Despite the outward appearance, they are technically based on the RPK light machine gun and share the RPK’s heavier barrel and reinforced receiver.

For more information on the Vepr, here’s a detailed video from Mishaco, a YouTuber who reviews a fairly enormous amount of military-style weapons:

Refined Russian tooling and long-standing production methods contribute to the rifle’s high quality. The made-in-Russia character further bring with it a powerful cultural cachet—like French wine or Italian haute couture.

The Vepr is an “energizer-freaking bunny,” enthused Rob Ski in a YouTube video published by the AK Operators Union Local 47-74, a popular enthusiast group for AK-type rifles. On Facebook, Ski reacted to the Molot import ban, “This really is blow to AK lovers in USA…”

The import ban now leaves the market to American-made AK-type rifles, such as those manufactured by Century Arms and Palmetto State Armory, Romanian WASR-10s and sturdy Serbian NPAPs, among others.

Kalashnikov USA, an American rifle and shotgun manufacturer, severed ties with Kalashnikov Concern in 2014.

Next?

On Friday, July 22, just as members of his party were gathering in Philadelphia to coronate Hillary Clinton as their presidential nominee, the Obama Administration once again released a sweeping gun control measure by executive fiat. This time the bad news came via the U.S. State Department’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), which is primarily responsible for administering the Arms Export Control Act (AECA) and its implementing rules, the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). The upshot is that DDTC is labeling commercial gunsmiths as “manufacturers” for performing relatively simple work such as threading a barrel or fabricating a small custom part for an older firearm. Under the AECA, “manufacturers” are required to register with DDTC at significant expense or risk onerous criminal penalties.
    As with prior executive actions on guns, the administration released its dictate suddenly and without advance warning to or prior input from affected businesses, completely bypassing the normal formalities associated with a significant rulemaking. The guidance is also likely to result in more confusion than clarity and may significantly chill heretofore legal conduct associated with gunsmithing.
    By way of background, the AECA and ITAR concern rules by which military materiel is exported from, and imported to, the United States. The so-called “defense articles” governed by the AECA/ITAR are compiled in what is known as the U.S. Munitions List and include some, but not all, firearms and ammunition, as well as their parts and components. Thus, for purposes of the regime, a spring or floorplate from the magazine of a controlled firearm is subject to the same regulatory framework as the firearm itself.
    The AECA/ITAR require anybody who engages in the business of “manufacturing” a defense article to register with DDTC and pay a registration fee that for new applicants is currently $2,250 per year. These requirements apply, even if the business does not, and does not intend to, export any defense article. Moreover, under ITAR, “only one occasion of manufacturing … a defense article” is necessary for a commercial entity to be considered “engaged in the business” and therefore subject to the regime’s requirements.

More at: https://www.nraila.org/articles/2016...ve-gun-control

The National Rifle Association on Wednesday filed a lawsuit challenging a new federal regulation requiring gun merchants along the border with Mexico to report bulk sales of certain semiautomatic rifles, contending that the Obama administration exceeded its powers by imposing the rule last month without Congressional permission.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2011...gun-sales-rule

NRA: Gun blogs, videos, web forums threatened by new Obama regulation

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ama-regulation

When you think of the Obama administration's stalled threat to ban popular rifle ammunition under the rubric of prohibited "armor-piercing" handgun ammunition, think of the movie "The Terminator," and Arnold Schwarzenegger’s famous line—"I'll be baaaack."
    Because they will be back.
    After the massive February and early March outcry from gun owners, led by National Rifle Association members and bipartisan majority opposition in both houses of Congress, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) delayed its ban on M855 5.56 mm ball rifle ammo.
    News media headlines in coverage of the stand-down used words like “drops,” “scraps,” “abandons” and “pulls,” giving the impression that the ban is dead. But nothing could be further from the truth.
    In suddenly halting this latest assault on gun owners, BATFE used an ominous phrase, “at this time.” Additionally, the agency said the action “deserves further study.”
    Bank on this—“further study” will almost certainly result in even harsher action in the future.
    In fact, a renewed attack on common AR-15 ammunition came just two days after the announced stand-down. On March 12, BATFE Director B. Todd Jones told a Senate Appropriations Committee that he considers all 5.56 ammo to be a threat to law enforcement officers. That same day, a draft of a letter to BATFE from a group of congressional Democrats was made public that called on BATFE to quickly revive plans to ban M855 ammo.

The fraudulent nature of BATFE’s outside-federal-law process, which ignored the Administrative Procedures Act—mandatory for such regulation changes—was proven in the March 10 stand-down announcement referring to the 80,000-plus letters and emails of opposition as “informal comments.” Yet there was nothing “informal” about the impending bullet ban.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2015...o-ban-all-ammo

Obama Administration Bans Import of Popular Russian Firearms

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2014...ssian-firearms

Recently, a federal district court in Washington, D.C. issued a ruling upholding an Obama administration policy that requires federally licensed firearms retailers in states bordering Mexico to report multiple sales of semi-automatic rifles. The case was brought by two NRA-backed firearm retailers and by the National Shooting Sports Foundation acting on behalf of its affected members. Plaintiffs have already filed an appeal—but while we await the outcome, your help is urgently needed in seeking congressional action to end this illegal policy.

Devised by Attorney General Eric Holder’s Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the plan requires all of the 8,700 firearm dealers in California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas to report all sales of two or more semi-automatic rifles within five consecutive business days, if the rifles are larger than .22 caliber and use detachable magazines.

In July 2011, the Justice Department announced that it would proceed with the controversial reporting procedure. During consideration of the FY 2012 Commerce, Justice, Science Appropriations bill, pro-gun U.S. Rep. Denny Rehberg (R-Mont.) offered an amendment in committee to prohibit the use of funds for the unauthorized reporting plan and the amendment was passed by a vote of 25-16. Unfortunately, the Rehberg amendment did not make it through the appropriations process.

Much has transpired since then regarding BATFEs’ failed “Operation Fast and Furious,” and evidence is now clear that “Fast and Furious” was used as justification to force the multiple sales reporting requirement.

In early December 2011, CBS News reported that BATFE “discussed using their covert operation “Fast and Furious” to argue for controversial new rules about gun sales.” In particular, agency officials wanted guns to fall into Mexican drug cartel hands and be traced back to gun dealers in the U.S. to make a case for requiring the multiple sales reporting.

According to CBS, “Emails show they discussed using the sales, including sales encouraged by ATF, to justify a new gun regulation called Demand Letter 3. That would require some U.S. gun shops to report the sale of multiple rifles or ‘long guns.’”

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2012...tration-scheme

There was a lot more too, including trying to get banks to unperson gun companies and buyers by pressuring them through the Treasury department and trying to mandate background checks at gunshows by executive order.

https://warisboring.com/trump-expand...rifle-imports/
    Treasury Department sanctions maker of Vepr rifles
    WIB LAND June 24, 2017 Robert Beckhusen

guns46 Russia136
    In the world of 7.62-millimeter rifles, Russian-made AKs and Veprs in particular—a group of AK-style variants produced by gunmaker Molot—are highly prized for their quality, durability and killer cool.

Veprs became even more coveted in 2014, when the Obama administration imposed sanctions on competitor Kalashnikov Concern following the Russian invasion and annexation of Crimea, halting that company’s exports to the United States.

Molot’s guns, however, remained legal to import. A buying frenzy nevertheless made them harder to come by, raising prices as other sources of Russian-made rifles dried up. Then three years later, the hammer of the U.S. government finally landed on Molot.

ADVERTISING

On June 20, 2017, the U.S. Treasury Department added Molot to its list of Ukraine-related sanctions “for operating in the arms or related material sector of the Russian Federation and for acting or purporting to act for on behalf of, directly or indirectly, Kalashnikov Concern,” the Treasury Department said in a statement.

The U.S. government alleges that Kalashnikov advised a foreign company in 2016 to use then-unsanctioned Molot “to falsify invoices” to bypass U.S. and E.U. sanctions.

What’s absolutely clear—the move will spike demand for the remaining Vepr rifles in America. The sanctions do not, of course, mean existing Veprs in the United States are now illegal, only that American buyers can’t legally import any more.

Curiously, the decision is a Trump-era expansion of an Obama-era policy—which the gun lobby once rhetorically blasted.

“These latest sanctions will no doubt engender the idea among some that the Treasury Department is using a geopolitical crisis as a convenient excuse to advance the president’s domestic anti-gun agenda,” the National Rifle Association and its lobbying body, the Institute for Legislative Action, stated in 2014.

At left, a man firing a Vepr rifle with a forward-mounted scout scope. Davidwhitewolf photos via Flickr
    The gun lobby didn’t end there. In December 2015, the NRA sent a delegation to Russia and met with deputy prime minister Dmitry Rogozin, Russia’s defense industry chief whom the Obama administration had also slapped with sanctions. It’s important to note that merely talking to a sanctioned individual—I’ve done so myself in the course of reporting—is not illegal.

Rogozin is also chairman of the Russian Shooting Federation, and once called on the actor Steven Seagal to lobby for looser restrictions on Russian arms imports into the United States.

The NRA went on to spend more than $30 million supporting Trump in the 2016 presidential campaign. But the gun lobby has been quiet after the Trump administration’s sanctions on Molot.

Gun owners took notice. “The end result is that we’ll soon see the flow of Molot-made Veprs slow to a trickle and then stop completely,” the blog Truth About Guns wrote.

FIME Group, a U.S. distributor of Molot’s wares, demurred after the ban. “As the exclusive importer of Molot products, we are in the process of reviewing the implications of the sanctions before we are able to make any additional announcements,” the company stated.

Semi-automatic Vepr rifles have a reputation for accuracy and reliability, and often sell for higher prices than comparable AK-style weapons. Despite the outward appearance, they are technically based on the RPK light machine gun and share the RPK’s heavier barrel and reinforced receiver.

For more information on the Vepr, here’s a detailed video from Mishaco, a YouTuber who reviews a fairly enormous amount of military-style weapons:

Refined Russian tooling and long-standing production methods contribute to the rifle’s high quality. The made-in-Russia character further bring with it a powerful cultural cachet—like French wine or Italian haute couture.

The Vepr is an “energizer-freaking bunny,” enthused Rob Ski in a YouTube video published by the AK Operators Union Local 47-74, a popular enthusiast group for AK-type rifles. On Facebook, Ski reacted to the Molot import ban, “This really is blow to AK lovers in USA…”

The import ban now leaves the market to American-made AK-type rifles, such as those manufactured by Century Arms and Palmetto State Armory, Romanian WASR-10s and sturdy Serbian NPAPs, among others.

Kalashnikov USA, an American rifle and shotgun manufacturer, severed ties with Kalashnikov Concern in 2014.

Next?
    Try reading the whole post I posted.

I don't like that Trump put sanctions on Russian gun imports but it doesn't compare to the rest of what I posted.

And one of the things I posted shows that they discussed using Fast and Furious to get gun control.

I haven't even done an exhaustive search for all of O'Bummer's anti-gun actions either, Trump isn't even close.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Like fast and furious... and buying up all the ammunition for federal departments that had no use for it...
    If you're going to hijack the thread to talk about gun control, talk about gun control. Don't then change the subject to Fast and Furious being worse than Trumpian gun control.

And don't try to play the stupid card and pretend you think Fast and Furious is gun control, because you already admitted it is not.

And one of the things I posted shows that they discussed using Fast and Furious to get gun control.
    Try to have a conversation and get buried under a bunch of propaganda techniques.

You post some pretty damned smug stuff for someone who intimates that the VA engages in actual firearm confiscation.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-08-2019 at 06:08 AM.
    We believe our lying eyes...

LOL

I don't like that Trump put sanctions on Russian gun imports but it doesn't compare to the rest of what I posted.
    So in other words the ban on the import of Russian firearms is a big deal....until you find out that Trump did expanded it. LOL. And if you read the entire post I just gave you, you would know that the issue wasn't the 2nd amendment. The issue was sanctions against Russia. I disagree with those sanctions mind you, but this isn't even a second amendment issue.

I already address Fast and Furious when I said Fast and furious, while a crime, did not affect the second amendment and was a continuation of a Bush policy. Also You WRONGLY stated that Trump ended F&F when in fact it was ended while Obama was still president!

I haven't even done an exhaustive search for all of O'Bummer's anti-gun actions either, Trump isn't even close.
    I'm sure you can cherry pick nonsense all day. But clearly you haven't even begun to scratch the surface on Trump's anti-gun policies or else you wouldn't have posted about Obama banning Russian made weapons as "proof" that Obama was worse on guns than Trump when Trump EXPANDED the program!

And to @Anti Federalist ^this is part of what's wrong with the messaging. When people see transparent attempts to gloss over abuses by Trump they turn around and say "You just don't like Obama because he's black and a democrat." And I look at that witch Dana Loesch of the NRA. She should have stood up for Philando Castille. Remember, the black man that got murdered in cold blood by a hispanic police officer after he told the officer he a concealed carry permit? The same officer who's partner testified that he wasn't in fear of his life? That was a perfect time for the NRA to show they cared about ALL gun owners. But instead Dana went into "blue lives matter/refer madness" mode. The murdering officer in question got paid $48,000. Tell me, how do I sell that to my community?

Speaking of the NRA, they debunked the whole "ammo buy" conspiracy theory. I don't trust the NRA but a broken clock is right twice a day.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2012...buy-ammunition
    After receiving numerous questions from his constituents regarding the contract, pro-Second Amendment U.S. Rep. Lynn Westmoreland (R-Ga.) and his staff set out in search of the truth. In a press release, Rep. Westmoreland's office explains:

If you take the number of agencies that will be using this ammunition – CBP, Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), ICE, the U.S. Secret Service, Transportation Security Administration, the DHS police force, and all the guards that protect the various buildings these agencies are housed in, and spread that out over 5 years, you start to see that 450 million rounds really isn't that large of an order. Especially considering it is used for training purposes like firing range and live fire exercises, on-the-job use (though that is very limited), and to shore up their supplies. In fact, there are 65,000 – 70,000 law enforcement personnel at DHS who would be covered under this … ammunition contract. If DHS were to purchase all 450 million rounds over 5 years, then that would equate to only about 1,384 rounds of ammo per year per law enforcement [officer] … assuming the lower estimate of only 65,000 law enforcement personnel at DHS. Considering those agents go through training exercises several times per year, that is not a lot of ammunition.

I will give the Cliffs Notes of what Republican Pro Second Amendment Congressman Westmoreland said.

Y'all already know we have a giant unconstitutional Department Of Homeland Insecurity that I fully support as it was created under REPUBLICAN president Bush. And all those officers need their training bullets. Shut up mundane!

Seriously NOBODY LOOKED INTO WHAT DHS WAS DOING UNTIL OBAMA BECAME PRESIDENT! You had Jason Chaffitz asking "Why is DHS buying MRAPS?" The obvious answer? Because under the previous president they were buying MRAPS!

You know what sells (some) minorities of freedom? Ron Paul admitting that, yes, the war on drugs is racist against blacks.

You know what doesn't sell? Token blacks like Candace Owens saying that police brutality is a myth and falsely claiming that she never heard of racism until Obama became president all the while ignoring her own race baiting past!

I can sell Ron Paul. I can sell Colin Noir (though I wish he would leave the NRA for the GOA). I can't sell clowns like Candace Owens ore people who are obviously mentally disturbed like Kanye West. And I say that as someone who likes Kanye and appreciates what he did to help push the First Step Act.

And @dannno, I know you love Candace Owens, but she is a complete fraud.

Speaking of Colin Noir, he's got a lot of great 2nd Amendment content. You should follow him if you haven't already.

LOL

So in other words the ban on the import of Russian firearms is a big deal....until you find out that Trump did expanded it. LOL. And if you read the entire post I just gave you, you would know that the issue wasn't the 2nd amendment. The issue was sanctions against Russia. I disagree with those sanctions mind you, but this isn't even a second amendment issue.

I already address Fast and Furious when I said Fast and furious, while a crime, did not affect the second amendment and was a continuation of a Bush policy. Also You WRONGLY stated that Trump ended F&F when in fact it was ended while Obama was still president!

I'm sure you can cherry pick nonsense all day. But clearly you haven't even begun to scratch the surface on Trump's anti-gun policies or else you wouldn't have posted about Obama banning Russian made weapons as "proof" that Obama was worse on guns than Trump when Trump EXPANDED the program!

And to @Anti Federalist ^this is part of what's wrong with the messaging. When people see transparent attempts to gloss over abuses by Trump they turn around and say "You just don't like Obama because he's black and a democrat." And I look at that witch Dana Loesch of the NRA. She should have stood up for Philando Castille. Remember, the black man that got murdered in cold blood by a hispanic police officer after he told the officer he a concealed carry permit? The same officer who's partner testified that he wasn't in fear of his life? That was a perfect time for the NRA to show they cared about ALL gun owners. But instead Dana went into "blue lives matter/refer madness" mode. The murdering officer in question got paid $48,000. Tell me, how do I sell that to my community?

Speaking of the NRA, they debunked the whole "ammo buy" conspiracy theory. I don't trust the NRA but a broken clock is right twice a day.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2012...buy-ammunition
    After receiving numerous questions from his constituents regarding the contract, pro-Second Amendment U.S. Rep. Lynn Westmoreland (R-Ga.) and his staff set out in search of the truth. In a press release, Rep. Westmoreland's office explains:

If you take the number of agencies that will be using this ammunition – CBP, Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), ICE, the U.S. Secret Service, Transportation Security Administration, the DHS police force, and all the guards that protect the various buildings these agencies are housed in, and spread that out over 5 years, you start to see that 450 million rounds really isn't that large of an order. Especially considering it is used for training purposes like firing range and live fire exercises, on-the-job use (though that is very limited), and to shore up their supplies. In fact, there are 65,000 – 70,000 law enforcement personnel at DHS who would be covered under this … ammunition contract. If DHS were to purchase all 450 million rounds over 5 years, then that would equate to only about 1,384 rounds of ammo per year per law enforcement [officer] … assuming the lower estimate of only 65,000 law enforcement personnel at DHS. Considering those agents go through training exercises several times per year, that is not a lot of ammunition.

I will give the Cliffs Notes of what Republican Pro Second Amendment Congressman Westmoreland said.

Y'all already know we have a giant unconstitutional Department Of Homeland Insecurity that I fully support as it was created under REPUBLICAN president Bush. And all those officers need their training bullets. Shut up mundane!

Seriously NOBODY LOOKED INTO WHAT DHS WAS DOING UNTIL OBAMA BECAME PRESIDENT! You had Jason Chaffitz asking "Why is DHS buying MRAPS?" The obvious answer? Because under the previous president they were buying MRAPS!

You know what sells (some) minorities of freedom? Ron Paul admitting that, yes, the war on drugs is racist against blacks.

You know what doesn't sell? Token blacks like Candace Owens saying that police brutality is a myth and falsely claiming that she never heard of racism until Obama became president all the while ignoring her own race baiting past!

I can sell Ron Paul. I can sell Colin Noir (though I wish he would leave the NRA for the GOA). I can't sell clowns like Candace Owens ore people who are obviously mentally disturbed like Kanye West. And I say that as someone who likes Kanye and appreciates what he did to help push the First Step Act.

And @dannno, I know you love Candace Owens, but she is a complete fraud.

Speaking of Colin Noir, he's got a lot of great 2nd Amendment content. You should follow him if you haven't already.

Lots of great info; sorry I'm outta rep.
    Amash>Trump

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast