Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Sensible Solution To Africa’s Overpopulation Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Diffusion is a natural fact of science. Without anything to impede it, populations will naturally move from high concentration areas to lower concentration areas. Thus China, India and Africa will continue to diffuse to other places like the US.
    Unless we create barriers of one kind or another.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    Africa has the most Christians of any contentinent and the vast majority of Christian population growth in the next few generations will be from Africa.

Why the interest in Christian population control?

A similar story could be told of the expected growth in markets and capitalism in Africa.

Why ally yourselves with the atheistic communistic population control planners?
    I don't think anyone here is in favor of artificially suppressing the African population, we are in favor of stopping the artificial subsidization of their growth and in favor of them becoming responsible and improving their own lot.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    I have provided the quotes. And they didn't deny it when I did. Also, notice they don't even deny it now. They change my words, and then deny that.
    I very specifically denied it, twice:

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I have never been in favor of open border polices.

I have always been in favor of immigration restrictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I am still opposed to a wall.

I believed and have always believed, what Ron Paul ran on in 2008:

"The talk must stop. We must secure our borders now. A nation without secure borders is no nation at all. It makes no sense to fight terrorists abroad when our own front door is left unlocked." - Ron Paul's Presidential Campaign 2008
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

''The Sensible Solution To Africa’s Overpopulation Problem'':

Nintendo
    Minecraft
    Grand Theft Auto
    Super Mario Bros

Seriously, a solution for a cultural habit or trait that has been in place
    for hundreds if not 10s of thousands of years.....

I really don't see one, it seems that as the world charities and govts keep sending more aid, it seems
    to simply feed the cycle and make it grow, exponentially at this point.

A financial incentive? Job creation? Education?

Sensible procreation has been taught for a hundred years,
    nothings changed, all the lectures have no lasting effect.

With a govt that is probably 50 times more corrupt
    than our own how are they going to contribute to any change....

How are the people, left to their own devices going to ever change.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    I really don't see one, it seems that as the world charities and govts keep sending more aid, it seems
    to simply feed the cycle and make it grow, exponentially at this point.
    BINGO!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Sensible procreation has been taught for a hundred years,
    nothings changed, all the lectures have no lasting effect.

With a govt that is probably 50 times more corrupt
    than our own how are they going to contribute to any change....

How are the people, left to their own devices going to ever change.

Anyone have any ideas ?
    The only thing we can do is stop giving them free food to support a population too large for them to support on their own and then protect our borders so they can't relieve the pressure by invading us.

After that it's up to them to catch up to where we are by reforming their own societies, at most we can preach how we got where we are and hope they listen.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"It's the economy, stupid" -as they say. Poor economies have lots of kids because it takes lots of kids to get enough money to support a family. Kids dying young also means they need more replacements. As the economies get better, the number of kids per family goes down. Most "western" developed economies are seeing little to no growth in their populations- some are even shrinking. Without immigration, the US would be shrinking.

(OP article has a definite racist tone- "we don't want no baby poppin' black people in our country!")

Tomorrow Europe might no longer be European and even black as there are millions who want to come in. We don’t know if Europe will remain an advanced and united continent or if it will be destroyed,
    "We're racist anyways- don't bother coming"

As anyone who turns on a TV can tell you, the United States is a deeply racist nation which is structurally designed to oppress, torture, defame, rape, humiliate, extort, beat, maim, disfigure, and outright murder black people in the streets. Don’t forget slavery. Or lynching. Or the KKK. Or Jim Crow. Or, for that matter, his brother Jeff Crow, who focused his energies on keeping movie theaters segregated. Don’t forget those water hoses and those German Shepherds. Or Emmett Till. Or Trayvon Martin. Or Mike Brown. Or the fact that even though the other members of the Rat Pack were superficially nice to him, Sammy Davis, Jr. was always painfully aware that because of the color of his skin, he could never truly be one of “them.” Convince every potential African immigrant that living in the United States would feel like being lynched and raped simultaneously. Sure, back in the Motherland they may only eat the equivalent of one stale biscuit monthly, but they won’t feel hated.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-03-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    BINGO!

The only thing we can do is stop giving them free food to support a population too large for them to support on their own and then protect our borders so they can't relieve the pressure by invading us.

After that it's up to them to catch up to where we are by reforming their own societies, at most we can preach how we got where we are and hope they listen.

I'm not sure that very many members here are old enough to have experienced
    what has been shoved down our throats for a good 30 years;

TOO MANY BABIES, STOP HAVING CHILDREN, WERE RUNNING OUT OF FOOD,
    SPACE, ENERGY, YOU'RE KILLING THE ENVIRONMENT !!!!!!!!!
    STOP
    STOP
    STOP

Now listen to these liberal slugs screaming IMPORT IMPORT IMPORT (voters actually) from cultures that
    reproduce better than flies in a pile of sht cause that is where many of them come from, 3rd world shtholes.

Have you ever seen a liberal jump up on the podium and profess : '' we have plans underway to immigrate 45,000
    aerospace, medical, science, teaching professionals from Germany, Netherlands, Australia , and Sweden.....

No, never happen, lets bring in 20 million Somalis, South Africans , and deep woods Brazilians , all of which have never even seen
    the written word, will breed here as they do in their homeland, destroy our culture, exhaust welfare, become roving gangs of thugs,
    rapists, murderers, and get away with it.

The stadium is full folks, time to rethink the abject, hideous , dystopia that the left is creating , as we speak.
    Time to think about Americans and ways to improve our country , not destroy it for votes and power.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    "It's the economy, stupid" -as they say. Poor economies have lots of kids because it takes lots of kids to get enough money to support a family. Kids dying young also means they need more replacements. As the economies get better, the number of kids per family goes down. Most "western" developed economies are seeing little to no growth in their populations- some are even shrinking. Without immigration, the US would be shrinking.

(OP article has a definite racist tone- "we don't want no baby poppin' black people in our country!")

"We're racist anyways- don't bother coming"
    The economic issue is the result of cultural and political problems in Africa and it is those cultural and political problems that will be brought by the migrants which we don't want in our more successful nations.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Common practice in Nigeria.

Also in Uganda.

Soy products. Gender dysphoria. Feminism.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Soy products. Gender dysphoria. Feminism.
    Soft Genocide?

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Also in Uganda.

Looks like it has infected Nigerians too. @TheTexan
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Looks like it has infected Nigerians too. @TheTexan
    Just reported this to the CDC. If this is a major outbreak, we don't want this spreading to America.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Just reported this to the CDC. If this is a major outbreak, we don't want this spreading to America.

Hopefully with two of us now reporting it, it will be taken seriously.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Africa doesn't have an overpopulation problem; it has an underdevelopment problem. Why is Africa underdeveloped? It lacks stable government. Why does it lack stable government? Because it's poor and population densities are low in most areas. That is, it's difficult for states to collect enough tax revenue to finance basic services. Also, these are all populist governments, making them additionally unstable, which means that even if they were able to collect enough revenues to finance basic services, they would likely have to waste a large amount of that revenue to maintain power. What will change this? The slow development of stable government, such as can provide security for life and property, and thereby allow for capital accumulation and economic growth - i.e. the same as occurred everywhere else in the world. In Europe, from the collapse of the Western Roman Empire, it took the better part of a thousand years. Given that the Africans can import capital and don't have to produce everything from scratch, it won't take that long, but it might take some time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12