Thread: Senate approves successor to Rick Perry as energy secretary

Senate approves successor to Rick Perry as energy secretary

President Donald Trump’s pick to succeed Rick Perry as energy secretary won easy Senate confirmation Monday, despite a Democratic senator’s objections that the nominee hadn’t fully answered questions related to the Trump impeachment investigation.Several other Democrats joined Republicans in approving Deputy Energy Secretary Dan Brouillette’s promotion, 70-15.
    Confirmation of Brouillette, who’d been responsible for day-to-day operations at the Energy Department for two years under Perry, came a day after Perry’s resignation became effective.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/senate-approv...234146836.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Has he had his Gardacil shots ?

Didn't the Trump fans tell us Rick Perry would shut the DoE down?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Link?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Link?
    I bumped one just for your doubting ass. Can you find it, or do you need a silver platter?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I bumped one just for your doubting ass. Can you find it, or do you need a silver platter?
    I see people hoping he would, I don't see anyone saying he will for sure.
    Maybe you could quote them?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I see people hoping he would, I don't see anyone saying he will for sure.
    Maybe you could quote them?
    Why are you channeling Zippy? Do you really think Zippyesque weaseling is a good look for you?

Why are you channeling Zippy? Do you really think Zippyesque weaseling is a good look for you?
    Projection.

Hopeful maybes aren't someone saying something WILL happen and only a weasel would try to claim they were.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Projection.

Hopeful maybes aren't someone saying something WILL happen and only a weasel would try to claim they were.
    That's just some pitiful hair splitting, there.

Next time I tell you I remember something, you might keep that humiliation you're feeling in mind.

That's just some pitiful hair splitting, there.

Next time I tell you I remember something, you might keep that humiliation you're feeling in mind.
    I feel no humiliation but you should.
    You claimed something and when you couldn't back it up you just pretended that something else counted.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You claimed something and when you couldn't back it up you just pretended that something else counted.
    Do you see that squiggle above the period at the end of my sentence, or are you too busy dripping arrogance and throwing un-Christian stones to notice it? Do you happen to have enough brain cells to know what it means?

You're in a hole again. Going to keep digging as usual?

Do you see that squiggle above the period at the end of my sentence, or are you too busy dripping arrogance and throwing un-Christian stones to notice it? Do you happen to have enough brain cells to know what it means?

You're in a hole again. Going to keep digging as usual?
    I asked you to provide examples, then you provided examples of something else and claimed it was the thing you asked about.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

He's going to keep digging, of course. How utterly boring it is watching you refuse to grow up.

He's going to keep digging, of course. How utterly boring it is watching you refuse to grow up.
    Physician, heal thyself.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Physician, heal thyself.
    Clichés R Us.

Clichés R Us.
    Zippy?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Clichés R Us.
    I dont what know what thread you bumped. Care to silver platter it to me? I'd like to see these accusations. If you were right more than likely you would show someone saying that....but........................... you didnt

Career lobbyist:

From 1997 to 2000, he was Senior Vice President of R. Duffy Wall & Associates.

All the usual suspects:

Brouillette was Assistant Secretary for Congressional and Intergovernmental Affairs in the U.S. Department of Energy from 2001 to 2003 under President George W. Bush.

Worked writing bills that benefitted the industry that he was just a lobbyist for, check:

He then served as chief of staff under Rep. Billy Tauzin and was also staff director for the House Energy and Commerce Committee from 2003 to 2004, when Tauzin chaired the committee.[6][7] Brouillette was involved in crafting provisions included in the Energy Policy Act of 2005, specifically with respect to the Department of Energy loan guarantee program and federal authorization of importation and exportation of liquid natural gas.[6]

The rep he worked for was a pharma lobbyist, check:

Wilbert Joseph Tauzin II
    (IPA: ['bɪli 'toʊzɛ̃]; born June 14, 1943) is an American lobbyist and politician.[1] He was President and CEO of PhRMA, a pharmaceutical company lobby group. Tauzin was also a member of the United States House of Representatives from 1980 to 2005, representing Louisiana's 3rd congressional district.[2]

Something something drain the swamp something something ban on lobbyists something something
    Last edited by TheCount; 12-03-2019 at 11:25 AM.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

LOL

How a Texas insurance lobbyist ended up in the anti-swamp Trump administration
    https://www.houstonchronicle.com/bus...e-12240445.php

A sober-looking 55-year-old with a greying beard, Brouillette spent more than a decade as a staffer on Capitol Hill, learning how to make deals and get legislation moving. Then he took the connections he made and moved onto corporate lobbying, first for the automaker Ford Motor Co. and then with the Texas-based insurance giant United Services Automobile Association or USAA.

It would not be a notable story in Washington, where movements between public service and the private sector have long been the norm. Except now he is back in government again -- as Energy Secretary Rick Perry's deputy -- at a time Trump is promising to "drain the swamp" and rid the capital of the lobbyists and "deep state" bureaucrats who have long made Washington go.
    -----------------------
    When Brouillette arrived in Texas in 2006 to take over lobbying operations for USAA, he gravitated towards Perry, who was in the midst of a three-term run as Texas governor, helping to raise tens of thousands of dollars for Perry's campaigns. more at link
    At least he's not a Hahrvard gent, I guess.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Rick Perry couldn't even remember he wanted to shut down the DoE.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge