Thread: Sununu Allows Third-World Refugees to be Resettled in New Hampshire

Thumbs down Sununu Allows Third-World Refugees to be Resettled in New Hampshire

New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu has announced his consent for third-world refugees to be resettled into his state after the Trump administration made the program voluntary.
    Gov. Sununu stated that he believes that the third-world refugees will become “hardworking members of our local communities.” Following his decision, local municipalities throughout New Hampshire can now opt in to the refugee resettlement program. They have until Dec. 20 to decide whether or not to opt in to the program.
    President Trump signed federal Executive Order 13888 in September, which deployed federalism in determining refugee resettlement. The order changed public policy so refugees would no longer be forced into states against their will.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/republ...new-hampshire/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The order changed public policy so refugees would no longer be forced into states against their will.
    This is a fun sentence.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

The erosion of New Hampshire continues.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

It allows cities which want to accept more refugees to do so. Nobody is required to accept them.

https://media.nationalpriorities.org...nded_large.png

Under an executive order issued by Trump in September, both states and local communities must approve refugee resettlements. Without explicit written consent from both the state’s governor and the city or town, refugees cannot resettle in those cities.
    “With this action, it is now up to each city’s mayor whether they want to opt in to accepting refugees,” Sununu said in a statement. “We will work closely with area agencies to ensure those who are resettled in New Hampshire have the opportunity to become hardworking members of our local communities.”
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-02-2019 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    It allows cities which want to accept more refugees to do so. Nobody is required to accept them.

https://media.nationalpriorities.org...nded_large.png
    And?

He should have blocked the communists from importing reinforcements.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Transforming New Hampshire into BLACK FRIDAY , and you thought Walmart was fun.......

This is going to piss a lot people off but refugees have an automatic pathway to citizenship unlike illegal immigrants. So these people would most likely become citizens in 5 years and start voting. Hmm, I wonder what Trump is doing about it?
    @AntiFederalist

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    This is going to piss a lot people off but refugees have an automatic pathway to citizenship unlike illegal immigrants. So these people would most likely become citizens in 5 years and start voting. Hmm, I wonder what Trump is doing about it?
    @AntiFederalist
    Trump has drastically reduced the number of refugees the US takes and he gave the states the opportunity to reject them, hopefully he will do more yet.

And illegals have a tendency to vote without waiting for citizenship.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump has drastically reduced the number of refugees the US takes and he gave the states the opportunity to reject them, hopefully he will do more yet.

Fake news.

Fake news.
    Yes, you are.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They are still coming in as we speak and they will eventually start voting in federal elections. One would think that Trump would

1. Stop creating more refugees and
    2. Stop accepting them

Also do you have a number to back up your claim? He might have reduced the % age accepted but when the number seeking refuge has increased because of all the Trump wars and destabilization campaigns, the finally number might still be high.

They are still coming in as we speak and they will eventually start voting in federal elections. One would think that Trump would

1. Stop creating more refugees and
    2. Stop accepting them

Also do you have a number to back up your claim? He might have reduced the % age accepted but when the number seeking refuge has increased because of all the Trump wars and destabilization campaigns, the finally number might still be high.
    WRONG.

The number has been drastically reduced:

The Trump administration’s decision to reduce this year’s refugee cap to a record-low 18,000 people is just one step in its broader plan to shrink the program and make it harder for any future administration to quickly resume accepting refugees

Thanks to Trump, the U.S. hasn't admitted a single refugee since September

https://news.yahoo.com/thanks-to-tru...001006863.html

President Trump on Friday set a cap for the U.S. to accept just 18,000 refugees this fiscal year, marking the lowest number since the modern refugee system was created nearly 40 years ago.
    The president also announced major changes to the way the refugee program runs, creating a set-aside of 5,000 slots for refugees fleeing religious persecution, 4,000 for Iraqis and 1,500 for key Central American partner countries. Those all count against the 18,000 cap.
    The number, which the administration had signaled in late September but was made official by Trump’s determination, has been criticized by both Republicans and Democrats on Capitol Hill, who said the U.S. has an obligation to accept more refugees.
    Administration officials, though, argue that the U.S. already has a massive asylum backlog that it needs to work through. Refugees are those who are awarded humanitarian protections while they are outside the U.S. Asylees are those who make it to U.S. soil and then request protection from their home countries.
    But Homeland Security officials say the same adjudicators work both types of cases, and they have been overwhelmed by the surge of asylum-seekers at the border, so cutting the number of refugee cases is justified in order to give the officers a chance to eat into the backlog.

“The admission of up to 18,000 refugees to the United States during Fiscal Year 2020 is justified by humanitarian concerns or is otherwise in the national interest,” Mr. Trump said in announcing the new number.
    At 18,000, the cap is 12,000 lower than Mr. Trump set for fiscal year 2019, and it’s a major reduction from the 110,000 refugee target the Obama administration tried to set for 2017.

More at: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ugee-cap-ever/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

WRONG.

The number has been drastically reduced:

The Trump administration’s decision to reduce this year’s refugee cap to a record-low 18,000 people is just one step in its broader plan to shrink the program and make it harder for any future administration to quickly resume accepting refugees

Thanks to Trump, the U.S. hasn't admitted a single refugee since September

https://news.yahoo.com/thanks-to-tru...001006863.html

President Trump on Friday set a cap for the U.S. to accept just 18,000 refugees this fiscal year, marking the lowest number since the modern refugee system was created nearly 40 years ago.
    The president also announced major changes to the way the refugee program runs, creating a set-aside of 5,000 slots for refugees fleeing religious persecution, 4,000 for Iraqis and 1,500 for key Central American partner countries. Those all count against the 18,000 cap.
    The number, which the administration had signaled in late September but was made official by Trump’s determination, has been criticized by both Republicans and Democrats on Capitol Hill, who said the U.S. has an obligation to accept more refugees.
    Administration officials, though, argue that the U.S. already has a massive asylum backlog that it needs to work through. Refugees are those who are awarded humanitarian protections while they are outside the U.S. Asylees are those who make it to U.S. soil and then request protection from their home countries.
    But Homeland Security officials say the same adjudicators work both types of cases, and they have been overwhelmed by the surge of asylum-seekers at the border, so cutting the number of refugee cases is justified in order to give the officers a chance to eat into the backlog.

“The admission of up to 18,000 refugees to the United States during Fiscal Year 2020 is justified by humanitarian concerns or is otherwise in the national interest,” Mr. Trump said in announcing the new number.
    At 18,000, the cap is 12,000 lower than Mr. Trump set for fiscal year 2019, and it’s a major reduction from the 110,000 refugee target the Obama administration tried to set for 2017.

More at: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ugee-cap-ever/

I am shocked, that is one campaign promise he is actually keeping. I am sure all the refugees he has created waiting in refugee camps will not find their way to the US when the democrats finally get into power. They can wait 4, 5 or even 15 yrs in camps until there is safe passage to the US.

So kudos to him for coming through on his campaign promise but shame on him for continuing the neocon foreign policies responsible for create these refugees.

I am shocked, that is one campaign promise he is actually keeping. I am sure all the refugees he has created waiting in refugee camps will not find their way to the US when the democrats finally get into power. They can wait 4, 5 or even 15 yrs in camps until there is safe passage to the US.

So kudos to him for coming through on his campaign promise but shame on him for continuing the neocon foreign policies responsible for create these refugees.
    He has prevented the start of several wars and not started any new ones.
    He is working on ending those that were started before he was President.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

only 14,000 more troops in the Middle East since May. Due home any day!

"We will be out of Syria in 30 days." Trump- December, 2018.

All I am saying is that him destabilizing places in South America and the Middle east will create new refugees who will be waiting in refugee camps up until a democrat is elected and when that time comes, that low number will swing back up. So next time you see a refugee from Venezuela, Bolivia, Honduras, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Lebanon just remember Trump had a chance to lessen the impact but instead continued to policies that created them or made it worse.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    only 14,000 more troops in the Middle East since May. Due home any day!

"We will be out of Syria in 30 days." Trump- December, 2018.

@AntiFederalist
    This is some buck passing by Sununu, sadly...taking the heat off him and dumping it on local mayors or town councils.

There are plenty of lefty towns, run by lefty Massholes and fellow travelers, in New Hampshire that would fall all over themselves to open the doors to some Congolese or Syrian refugees.

Just the number of Somalians they imported into Maine are enough to negate any positive impact the "Free State Project" might have had in NH.

The system showed those guys didn't they?

Don't even think about voting your way out of this mess.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This is some buck passing by Sununu, sadly...taking the heat off him and dumping it on local mayors or town councils.

There are plenty of lefty towns, run by lefty Massholes and fellow travelers, in New Hampshire that would fall all over themselves to open the doors to some Congolese or Syrian refugees.

Just the number of Somalians they imported into Maine are enough to negate any positive impact the "Free State Project" might have had in NH.

The system showed those guys didn't they?

Don't even think about voting your way out of this mess.
    He is not passing the buck, if the state as a whole performs badly because of the influx of immigrants then that will reflect on him. Anyway it seems like the situation is going to get worse before it gets any better. Millions of newly minted refugees will be finding their way to the US when the dems regain power and they will regain power soon.

He is not passing the buck, if the state as a whole performs badly because of the influx of immigrants then that will reflect on him. Anyway it seems like the situation is going to get worse before it gets any better. Millions of newly minted refugees will be finding their way to the US when the dems regain power and they will regain power soon.
    So he gets voted out and there are still a load of third-worlders legally living in the state.

How many thousands can one guv let in during his term? How many dollars will it earn him down the road?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    So he gets voted out and there are still a load of third-worlders legally living in the state.

How many thousands can one guv let in during his term? How many dollars will it earn him down the road?
    As many thousand Trump would let him accept.

Didn't current GOPA wing leadership multiple times call for invasion of a third world country with oil (Iraq) ... a war that has been the biggest catalyst for massive refugee crisis.

Whatever happened to earlier proposal to house foreign wars refugess on both sides of houses of leaders and donors who supported elective mideast wars/interventions based on lies/greed/racial confusion etc?

bump
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Was just telling Mrs AF that I had posted about this weeks ago...but I see it was SS.

He must have beaten me to the punch.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.