Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Electric Cars Cost More Than Too Much

  1. #1

    Exclamation Electric Cars Cost More Than Too Much

    Electric Cars Cost More Than Too Much

    https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2019...than-too-much/

    By eric - November 29, 2019

    Electric cars are costing us more than just too much money.

    They’re also costing jobs.

    Just in time for Thanksgiving, Audi announced the end of 9,500 of them – to help finance the development of electric cars. “We are now tackling structural issues in order to prepare Audi for the challenges ahead,” said Audi’s CEO Bram Schot.

    The “structural issues” he speaks of are the outlawing of other-than-electric cars by the German government, effective come 2030.

    The jobs lost amount to 15 percent of the company’s German workforce and by eliminating them, Audi will “raise” $6.6 billion – that is, cannibalize itself of that sum – to manufacture products it can’t make money selling but which the German government is forcing them to make.

    Days later, Mercedes-Benz announced it was laying off another 10,000 – for the same reason.

    VW Chief Herbet Diess says it could cost 100,000 jobs.

    This is the way it ends. Not with a bang but with a whirr.

    Electric cars are being used to eliminate cars – and eventually, the car industry.

    Along with millions of jobs, once the demolition is complete.

    The immediate response to the above will be a charge of Ludditism – you are obviously afraid of change. You are like the carriage-maker at the turn of the last century who saw in the first rude automobiles the dawning of the end of his livelihood.

    But there is a critical difference.

    Henry Ford changed the world, all right – but with the full and free cooperation of the populace. He offered his cars for sale – to be purchased or not.

    It was left to the people to judge the merits – or lack – of his Model T. No one was forced to build one, much less buy one. Nor forced to “help” his neighbor buy one, through income tax-mulcted kickbacks. Ford himself was not able to use the government to get laws passed forcing the horse-and-buggy industry to provide him with funds – “dung credits” – to build his Model T at their expense. Nor did he agitate to have laws passed imposing onerous “emissions” regulations on dung production.

    The manufacture of horse-drawn buggies was never restricted, much less outlawed. It simply passed away – peacefully – to make way for a superior free-market alternative.

    Electric cars are changing the world at bayonet-point.

    Audi is not firing all those people because the work they do is non-productive; quite the opposite. They are being fired to finance government-mandated unproductivity.

    The company is cannibalizing itself to scrounge the money needed to build the only kinds of cars the German government will allow Audi to build in the future, which is almost here.

    Along with every other car maker doing business in Europe, Audi is being forced to manufacture horse-drawn buggies – whoops, electric cars – because of laws which forbid the manufacture of anything else.

    Not yet – but just around the corner.

    Come 2030, which is sooner than ten years from now, in terms of product planning, nothing that isn’t electric will be kosher, insofar as the laws are concerned. That means no point in spending a cent on new product development that isn’t electric since by the time it got developed, it couldn’t be sold.

    It’s why VW – Audi’s parent – has already announced that its current line of gas engines will be its last new engines.

    Similar laws are already in partial but not-yet-blatant effect here.

    They aren’t outright electric car mandates via non-electric-car sales prohibitions, as in Europe – but they amount to the same thing as a practical matter. Federal exhaust emissions standards are already at the point of camel-through-the-eye-of-a-needle restrictive, such that it is almost impossible to comply with them without building electric cars.

    Which is why GM is converting one of its major assembly plants to EV production – and closing several other plants. It is why Ford just launched the Mach E electric “Mustang.” It will replace the real Mustang.

    Soon, even the eye of the needle will close.

    It is being closed via the genius rebranding of carbon dioxide as an “emission” – and only electric cars “emit” zero carbon dioxide.

    Nothing that combusts can meet that standard, no matter how clean it is, in terms of the emissions that affect air quality.

    Nor the irrelevance of its “emissions” of C02.

    It is no accident that most people – victims of government education camps – do not have the faintest idea what carbon dioxide actually is – i.e, a non-reactive gas that has nothing to do with the “cleanliness” of the air. Nor that it is minor trace gas – less than 1 percent of the Earth’s atmosphere – and the amount of that “emitted” by vehicles is the equivalent of a belch in the Superdome.

    But it is nonetheless the reason why the car industry is “investing” in electric cars, notwithstanding the glaring absence of any real market for them. Hysteria is driving the politics forcing the mass-manufacturing of them.

    But what sort of return will there be on this political “investment”?

    How do you stay in business as a mass-market manufacturer when the masses can’t afford to buy what you’re selling? Electric cars are expensive cars – whatever their merits – and there is an inherently limited market for high-dollar cars because most people haven’t got the means to buy them.

    Even if they’ve been politicized to want them.

    Model T sales were driven by market demand – and Ford made money building them. They were mass-market cars because they were affordable cars. They reduced people’s cost of getting around and made it more convenient.

    Electric cars are an inversion of this principle. They are being forced onto the market – and transfer money from unwilling victims (taxpayers, forced to finance their manufacture and “sale”). They make driving more cumbersome, less convenient.

    As cars become electrified, they will become increasingly unaffordable. Note the shift in marketing emphasis to the performance of EVs, not their economy. It is necessary to keep people’s minds off the fact that EVs are expensive – by making them seem sexy.

    But the affordability problem persists.

    Fewer cars will be sold, once the only cars people can buy are electric cars. There will then be less need for people to sell them. Fewer dealerships offering them. In short order, fewer brands.

    And fewer jobs.

    This includes the jobs which will go away in manufacturing – and engineering. An electric motor is an electric motor. Slide the “skateboard” (the motor and battery pack) underneath the different shape/different-colored body.

    But what’s a few eggs when you’re in the omelette business?

    There may, however, be new jobs keeping the old cars going. So long as the government doesn’t ban the use of other-than-electric cars.

    But that is coming, too.

    EVs will only “succeed” when there is no longer an alternative to them.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    The automobile has always been a source of mobility and indepedence for people. Learning to drive and getting one's first car was a rite of passage into responsible adulthood. But it's much easier to rule and control immobile, dependent children than it is mobile, independent adults, so the automobile simply has to go. Can't leave the rabble with even the possibility of maintaining their mobility and independence.
    Chris

    "Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

    "...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    The automobile has always been a source of mobility and indepedence for people. Learning to drive and getting one's first car was a rite of passage into responsible adulthood. But it's much easier to rule and control immobile, dependent children than it is mobile, independent adults, so the automobile simply has to go. Can't leave the rabble with even the possibility of maintaining their mobility and independence.
    Owe you a rep.

  5. #4
    Bah..

    I don't support the Oil Subsidies that keep them running..

    I would love to see Saudi Arabia ,, EAT THEIR OIL BECAUSE THEY SIMPLY CAN'T SELL IT..

    electricity can be produced a lot of ways,, and we have coal enough for 100s of years..

    I love the Pure Performance and efficiency..

    Storing Power has been the only drawback for 100 years,,, and that is improved to the point of feasibility..

    https://interestingengineering.com/t...-electric-cars



    but oil subsidies pay for a lot of negative media.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    The automobile has always been a source of mobility and indepedence for people. Learning to drive and getting one's first car was a rite of passage into responsible adulthood. But it's much easier to rule and control immobile, dependent children than it is mobile, independent adults, so the automobile simply has to go. Can't leave the rabble with even the possibility of maintaining their mobility and independence.
    That is why the Control Freaks want AI,, and are incorporating it into all new tech.

    Hack it
    Roll Your Own..

    it is doable,, and the price of doing so is dropping. (hemp graphene will be a game changer)

    meanwhile
    the price of gas goes up..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Bah..

    I don't support the Oil Subsidies that keep them running..

    I would love to see Saudi Arabia ,, EAT THEIR OIL BECAUSE THEY SIMPLY CAN'T SELL IT..

    electricity can be produced a lot of ways,, and we have coal enough for 100s of years..

    I love the Pure Performance and efficiency..

    Storing Power has been the only drawback for 100 years,,, and that is improved to the point of feasibility..

    https://interestingengineering.com/t...-electric-cars



    but oil subsidies pay for a lot of negative media.
    I can buy 400 miles worth of gasoline in five minutes. Has storage advanced to that point yet?
    Manufacturers can collect every material necessary to build a gasoline car in the USA with few toxic byproducts, can the electric car manufacturer do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    ...and we have coal enough for 100s of years..
    Too bad there's a war on coal. Natural gas is the golden child among the elites right now--carbon and all

    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I love the Pure Performance and efficiency..
    Well, except for that little the batteries double the weight if the car issue, yeah.

    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    ...but oil subsidies pay for a lot of negative media.
    Natural gas bribes. Interesting to see the oil giants subsidizing the war on carbon to push natural gas over gasoline, when they're both equally full of carbon.

    Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    I can buy 400 miles worth of gasoline in five minutes. Has storage advanced to that point yet?
    And it may not weigh a hundred pounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I didn't vote for Trump.
    A POX ON BOTH YOUR PARTIES

  9. #8
    It is being closed via the genius rebranding of carbon dioxide as an “emission” – and only electric cars “emit” zero carbon dioxide.

    Nothing that combusts can meet that standard, no matter how clean it is, in terms of the emissions that affect air quality.
    Ignoring the fact that the carbon dioxide is still emitted, it’s just created at a gas or coal fired electric plant. And the fact that the energy is not totally converted to electricity at the plant. And the fact that electricity is lost in transmission.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Ignoring the fact that the carbon dioxide is still emitted, it’s just created at a gas or coal fired electric plant. And the fact that the energy is not totally converted to electricity at the plant. And the fact that electricity is lost in transmission.
    The most mind-blowing part of all this is, nuclear power, which produces a pollutant that puts off lethal doses of radiation for some 235 years, is now 'clean energy'.

    Say what?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I didn't vote for Trump.
    A POX ON BOTH YOUR PARTIES

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Too bad there's a war on coal. Natural gas is the golden child among the elites right now--carbon and all
    Change that.. Coal is Great for Electric power and can be at least as efficient a burn as a new car.

    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Well, except for that little the batteries double the weight if the car issue, yeah.
    LOL ..and not hardly,, Unless you are talking about Lead/Acid..

    Battery Tech is improving.. More storage in less mass.. Solid State is showing promise,, as is Hemp Graphene..

    I could power up any existing.. with only a small increase in weight.. with current available tech.

    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Natural gas bribes. Interesting to see the oil giants subsidizing the war on carbon to push natural gas over gasoline, when they're both equally full of carbon.
    I have no idea how much is Gas and how much is Gasoline. I do remember the last figure for OIL Subsidies was several millions.

    Conch Trains have been running on Bottled Gas since the 70s Oil Embargo. With several benefits. cost and maintenance (cost),, and they run cleaner. (I have changed the oil and been inside the case)


    edit;

    Conservative estimates put U.S. direct subsidies to the fossil fuel industry at roughly $20 billion per year; with 20 percent currently allocated to coal and 80 percent to natural gas and crude oil. European Union subsidies are estimated to total 55 billion euros annually.
    Jul 29, 2019
    end subsidies,, Burn more Coal here,,
    (I watch more shipped in a week,, than and plant could burn in a Year)
    on electric motors
    Last edited by pcosmar; 12-02-2019 at 08:43 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Ignoring the fact that the carbon dioxide is still emitted,
    I generally ignore that whole argument,,

    I think it stupid.

    I don't Like Subsidizing nor supporting Arab Royalty. I have hated the stranglehold since the 70s,, when competition was DESTROYED.

    It is not "Green" or "Eco",, for me..

    it if Performance,, and minimizing waste,, Efficiency

    Electric Motors Win.... and always have.

    Battery Tech is Finally (after 100 years) improved to the point of Feasibility and folks act like a bunch of "Buggy Whip" Manufacturers.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  14. #12


    http://www.coachbuilt.com/bui/a/ande...n_carriage.htm

    The new "Detroit Electric" is built in England.

    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom



Similar Threads

  1. OK,, This has gotten my attention. (electric cars)
    By pcosmar in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-10-2018, 04:47 PM
  2. DRM To Be Used In Renault Electric Cars
    By DamianTV in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-15-2013, 02:22 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-13-2013, 12:21 PM
  4. Electric Cars Rule Ga. Town
    By PeacePlan in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-25-2011, 11:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •