Thread: Google and YouTube reportedly pull hundreds of Trump ads for violating policies

Google and YouTube reportedly pull hundreds of Trump ads for violating policies

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-pulled-report

Google and YouTube have pulled hundreds of ads for Donald Trump over the last few months, according to 60 Minutes on CBS.

A review of the tech companies’ advertising archive found at least 300 Trump ads had been pulled from the platforms, mainly over the summer, after they had been found to violate advertising policies.

In an interview with 60 Minutes, YouTube chief executive officer Susan Wojcicki confirmed that there were “ads of President Trump that were not approved to run on Google or YouTube”.

Facebook, Google, YouTube and Twitter have faced scrutiny over political ads. In October Twitter announced it was banning political advertising on its platform.

Wojcicki was also asked about a Trump ad that falsely accuses former vice-president and Democratic presidential hopeful Joe Biden of offering military aid to Ukraine in exchange for the firing of a prosecutor investigating a company tied to his son, Hunter.

Biden’s campaign asked Facebook to remove the ad earlier this year. Facebook denied the request, arguing its decision was “grounded in Facebook’s fundamental belief in free expression, respect for the democratic process”.

Wojcicki told 60 Minutes the ad also appeared on YouTube and was not in violation of the company’s policies.

“Can a politician lie on YouTube?” 60 Minutes presenter Leslie Stahl asked.

“For every single video, I think it’s really important to look at it,” Wojcicki said. “Politicians are always accusing their opponents of lying.

“That said, it’s not OK to have technically manipulated content that would be misleading.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here we have the real election interference!

All you need to know.

Can a Politician lie?
    they all do.

Then nothing should be on youtube...
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

I can't remember a time when a political ad didn't misrepresent of try to paint a picture of someone as less than favorable with half truths, cherry picked data or outright lies.

The Guardian is also a piece of $#@! compared to 10 years ago when they actually reported news. One of those assclowns actually wrote a book that was complete garbage on the Russian hacking shtick.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Of course this only happens to current Republican presidents/republican presidential candidates. You never see this happening to Democrats.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Wojcicki was also asked about a Trump ad that falsely accuses former vice-president and Democratic presidential hopeful Joe Biden of offering military aid to Ukraine in exchange for the firing of a prosecutor investigating a company tied to his son, Hunter.
    Lol. That’s some unbiased #fakenews there.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

For old times sake, here’s Joe Biden talking about blackmailing Ukraine to fire the prosecutor...go to 2:00 mark.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.