Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 79

Thread: How Dramatically Did Women's Suffrage Change the Size and Scope of Government?

  1. #31
    Send them back ...

    to the kitchen
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32



  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    How about this.

    Anybody can vote....IF:

    1 - You still reside in the state you were born in.

    2 - You are a native born citizen.

    3 - You received NO direct government (at any level) payment, subsidy, benefit, check, voucher, cash or emolument within the last year.
    That works for me. It doesn't work for government.

  6. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    How about this.

    Anybody can vote....IF:

    1 - You still reside in the state you were born in.

    2 - You are a native born citizen.

    3 - You received NO direct government (at any level) payment, subsidy, benefit, check, voucher, cash or emolument within the last year.
    I'd take that.

    It might not be perfect but it would be an improvement.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  7. #35
    Must be able to read ?


    Know the issues not just the candidates from photo ops ?

  8. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    How about this.

    Anybody can vote....IF:

    1 - You still reside in the state you were born in.

    2 - You are a native born citizen.

    3 - You received NO direct government (at any level) payment, subsidy, benefit, check, voucher, cash or emolument within the last year.
    I was born in Dover, Delaware at an Air Force Base. Less than two years after that, and every two years until my dad left the Air Force, I have been in a number of foreign countries and a number of American states.
    I've no impetus to return to Delaware.

    As a pre-teen I have called N.C.my home. Went to school here. Got my drivers license here.

    Am I just a National Dreamer?

  9. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Must be able to read ?


    Know the issues not just the candidates from photo ops ?
    Yes to the first.
    The second is a good idea but is too subjective to enforce well.

    I'd say you should have to read a copy of the Constitution aloud to the registrar and then copy it by hand to register to vote.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  10. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I was born in Dover, Delaware at an Air Force Base. Less than two years after that, and every two years until my dad left the Air Force, I have been in a number of foreign countries and a number of American states.
    I've no impetus to return to Delaware.

    As a pre-teen I have called N.C.my home. Went to school here. Got my drivers license here.

    Am I just a National Dreamer?
    I also no longer reside in the state I was born in and have no plans to return.
    But I would support that provision to prevent Kalifornication, I plan to move to a state based on its politics and I would trust the people of that state to keep it that way.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  11. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    ...

    I'd say you should have to read a copy of the Constitution aloud to the registrar and then copy it by hand to register to vote.
    Agreed, and politicians should be capable of sighting the section of the constitution that allows them to create
    legislation that is repugnant to it , ergo;

    ''all laws repugnant to the constitution are null and void'' Marbury Madison 1803

  12. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Must be able to read ?


    Know the issues not just the candidates from photo ops ?
    Should spelling count?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Agreed, and politicians should be capable of sighting the section of the constitution that allows them to create
    legislation that is repugnant to it , ergo;

    ''all laws repugnant to the constitution are null and void'' Marbury Madison 1803
    Did you mean "cite" the Constitution? "Sighting" is something you do with either your eyes or with say the telescope on your rifle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We would be much better off if Republicans had had the instincts to be immigration hawks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.



  13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  14. #41
    Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer

    Ⅎ˥ƎSWIH ˥˥I⋊ ⊥,NᗡIᗡ N
    IƎ⊥SԀƎ

    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  15. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Agreed, and politicians should be capable of sighting the section of the constitution that allows them to create
    legislation that is repugnant to it , ergo;

    ''all laws repugnant to the constitution are null and void'' Marbury Madison 1803
    Every law should be automatically sent to SCOTUS for Constitutional review and there should be a separate branch of government tasked with playing "devil's advocate" to try to prove them all unconstitutional.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  16. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I also no longer reside in the state I was born in and have no plans to return.
    But I would support that provision to prevent Kalifornication, I plan to move to a state based on its politics and I would trust the people of that state to keep it that way.
    So you think the "Free State" project should be illegitimate? You don't believe in individuals being able to relocate, create the government that least holds power?

    Thin of what I am saying. Because this, though your view means Kalifornication, it also means no way of creating succession corridors.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 12-01-2019 at 06:47 PM.

  17. #44
    So basically, most of the people in this thread said they should not be allowed to vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We would be much better off if Republicans had had the instincts to be immigration hawks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  18. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Should spelling count?



    Did you mean "cite" the Constitution? "Sighting" is something you do with either your eyes or with say the telescope on your rifle.
    Zippy wins the most accomplished achievement award tonight.
    Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer

    Ⅎ˥ƎSWIH ˥˥I⋊ ⊥,NᗡIᗡ N
    IƎ⊥SԀƎ

    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  19. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Should spelling count?



    Did you mean "cite" the Constitution? "Sighting" is something you do with either your eyes or with say the telescope on your rifle.
    I'd rather see Strat barred from voting than allow illiterates to vote.
    But I'm sure he would be more careful when reading and copying the Constitution for the registrar than he is when posting on the internet.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  20. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Should spelling count?



    Did you mean "cite" the Constitution? "Sighting" is something you do with either your eyes or with say the telescope on your rifle.
    Zippy , do you really want to open this can of Spell Check worms ?


    I pause and skip your errors contained within 80% of your posts, out of kindness, don't do this to yourself son......



  21. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    So you think the "Free State" project should be illegitimate? You don't believe in individuals being able to relocate, create the government that least holds power?
    It's a difficult question.

    Perhaps we should imitate the Swiss and allow the people of the community you move to to vote on whether you should be allowed to vote there?

    I know it's wrong to allow people fleeing Demoncrat hellholes to move to other states and turn them into hellholes.

    I'm open to debate on this subject.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  23. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Every law should be automatically sent to SCOTUS for Constitutional review and there should be a separate branch of government tasked with playing "devil's advocate" to try to prove them all unconstitutional.
    Liberal Judges are not legally fit for office, so we have a problem there before we get started,
    you and I've seen the rulings from liberal globalist, they reinvent the constitution, then rule.

    But yea, if they were truly constitutionalist judges, perfect......

  24. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Liberal Judges are not legally fit for office, so we have a problem there before we get started,
    you and I've seen the rulings from liberal globalist, they reinvent the constitution, then rule.

    But yea, if they were truly constitutionalist judges, perfect......
    Liberal judges are a separate problem that can only be solved by keeping liberals out of power.

    But I find it strange that the Constitution doesn't require all laws to be subject to a test of Constitutionality, then judges went and declared that most people don't have standing to challenge unconstitutional laws and that even those who do must wait to be harmed before they can, they they made special classes exempt like environmentalists.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  25. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It's a difficult question.

    Perhaps we should imitate the Swiss and allow the people of the community you move to to vote on whether you should be allowed to vote there?

    I know it's wrong to allow people fleeing Demoncrat hellholes to move to other states and turn them into hellholes.

    I'm open to debate on this subject.
    Well, perhaps that is the way, indeed, to do it.

    I'd be fine with that.

    Except that I payed the same State taxes as every other individual since I've been lawfully employed at 16.

    If I've got skin in the game I demand a say. Don't like it. Don't steal my ducats.

  26. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Liberal judges are a separate problem that can only be solved by keeping liberals out of power.

    But I find it strange that the Constitution doesn't require all laws to be subject to a test of Constitutionality, then judges went and declared that most people don't have standing to challenge unconstitutional laws and that even those who do must wait to be harmed before they can, they they made special classes exempt like environmentalists.

    FUBAR

    These so called judges are not constitutionalist to be sure.

  27. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Well, perhaps that is the way, indeed, to do it.

    I'd be fine with that.

    Except that I payed the same State taxes as every other individual since I've been lawfully employed at 16.

    If I've got skin in the game I demand a say. Don't like it. Don't steal my ducats.
    It's all very complicated and I see your point of view and don't disagree.

    Maybe we should only have the migration voting restriction for people from outside the country and just have all the other restrictions to keep socialists and communists from taking over a state/town etc.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  28. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    So you think the "Free State" project should be illegitimate? You don't believe in individuals being able to relocate, create the government that least holds power?

    Thin of what I am saying. Because this, though your view means Kalifornication, it also means no way of creating succession corridors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It's a difficult question.

    Perhaps we should imitate the Swiss and allow the people of the community you move to to vote on whether you should be allowed to vote there?

    I know it's wrong to allow people fleeing Demoncrat hellholes to move to other states and turn them into hellholes.

    I'm open to debate on this subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Well, perhaps that is the way, indeed, to do it.

    I'd be fine with that.

    Except that I payed the same State taxes as every other individual since I've been lawfully employed at 16.

    If I've got skin in the game I demand a say. Don't like it. Don't steal my ducats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It's all very complicated and I see your point of view and don't disagree.

    Maybe we should only have the migration voting restriction for people from outside the country and just have all the other restrictions to keep socialists and communists from taking over a state/town etc.
    @Anti Federalist, what do you think?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  29. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    How about this.

    Anybody can vote....IF:

    1 - You still reside in the state you were born in.

    2 - You are a native born citizen.

    3 - You received NO direct government (at any level) payment, subsidy, benefit, check, voucher, cash or emolument within the last year.
    1. I wasn't born in a state. But I still reside in the general area.
    2. Yes.
    3. No $ from the government.

    I guess I'm good.

  30. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Women voted for big government before the propaganda machine existed, they helped create it.
    They have. My point still stands that they weren't educated about the ineptitude of government. Perhaps it is foolish of me to believe women could learn to believe in their own self reliance more than government, but as a husband and father of two daughters, it is hard to come to terms with feeling they should be denied the right to vote. This is all hypothetical of course, as more women vote now than men. All I can do is teach them they can take care of themselves better than the government can.



  31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  32. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Men ran those societies.

    The occasional queen was surrounded with male councilors and vassals and all political power proceeded from the men in the armies.

    The Bible tells us it is a curse when women rule and it is correct, in a Republic the voters rule, therefore women having the vote is a curse.
    You are a bigot.

  33. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    You are a bigot.
    I'm a realist.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  34. #59
    No you aren't, you have demonstrated to be a fascist. That attitude only makes women weaker, in a free society men and women are different, but ultimately, just removing the right for a woman to be in a position or to vote is simply out dated rubbish.

  35. #60

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. How Russia Is About to Dramatically Change the World
    By Cinderella in forum World News & Affairs
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-13-2010, 12:45 AM
  2. Eliminate women's suffrage?
    By Matt Collins in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 142
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 01:36 AM
  3. Women's suffrage and the demise of freedom
    By MsDoodahs in forum Political Philosophy & Government Policy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 11:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •