Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NY bill would require HPV vaccine for children to enter school, daycare

NY bill would require HPV vaccine for children to enter school, daycare

A concerned mom is warning about a New York bill that would require children to get the HPV vaccine before they could attend school.
    Under S298/A2912, a child would have to get the vaccine to be able to attend public school or daycare.
    Right now, the HPV vaccine is FDA approved for males and females ages 9 to 45 years old, to prevent certain cancers caused by human papillomavirus.
    “There’s definitely a large concern among the moms I know about this.”
    Laura Greenaway is a mom of two girls. She learned of the bill from posts on her Facebook feed, and now she wants to alert other moms.
    “It created concern and anxiety for me that this is not a decision that I can make for my own child,” Greenaway said.
    She doesn't believe kids should be required to be vaccinated against human papillomavirus across New York State, and Greenaway is not anti-vaccine.
    “My children are all up to date on other vaccines that are tried, tested and true. This is a newer vaccine with very alarming side effects,” she said.

More at: https://cbs6albany.com/news/local/ny...school-daycare

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Oh no, the autisims will git them now.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does anyone here know any person who actually has HPV, or is this repackaged AIDS, where we are all supposed to get scared into line over something that basically doesn't exist?
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Does anyone here know any person who actually has HPV, or is this repackaged AIDS, where we are all supposed to get scared into line over something that basically doesn't exist?
    It has a lot in common with AIDS:

Anal cancer rates due to HPV infections are rising rapidly, twice as common among gay men

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Seriously? You probably had it or have it right now.

The American Social Health Association estimates that about 75–80% of sexually active Americans will be infected with HPV at some point in their lifetime.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huma...irus_infection
    Many people don't even know they have it, as often times there aren't any symptoms. It is more commonly known as genital warts, which will typically go away on their own. This isn't too bad for men, but it is a major cause of cervical cancer in women. I believe it is the most common STD in the United States. If it can be eradicated with vaccines, good.

I'm not to familiar with the side effects. I'd assume this mom is going overboard with her claims. What I do know is it will save far far more lives than it will take. I'd also like to add, this mom doesn't have to send her kids to public school. I'd probably recommend she doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    P. much this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Originally Posted by angelatc

P. much this.
    Another "libertarian" comes out in support of forced vaccines.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmastersexsay View Post

Many people don't even know they have it, as often times there aren't any symptoms. It is more commonly known as genital warts, which will typically go away on their own. This isn't too bad for men, but it is a major cause of cervical cancer in women. I believe it is the most common STD in the United States. If it can be eradicated with vaccines, good.

I'm not to familiar with the side effects. I'd assume this mom is going overboard with her claims. What I do know is it will save far far more lives than it will take. I'd also like to add, this mom doesn't have to send her kids to public school. I'd probably recommend she doesn't.
    No mom with any maternal instincts would "send" her kids to a public school anymore.
    "The Patriarch"

Another "libertarian" comes out in support of forced vaccines.
    This just in: authoritarian collectivist accuses libertarian of not being libertarian enough.

More as the story develops.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This just in: authoritarian collectivist accuses libertarian of not being libertarian enough.

Many of these "purist" and " principled " libertarians on this site have exposed themselves as hypocrites. These people come at people like SS, Strav and I for not being pure enough

I'll be brief...

1- GTFO with "estimates". Numbers from studies or it's the same old pro-vax, unscientific bull$#@!.

2- Women who don't want cervical cancer also have the option of not throwing down on every random dick they get offered.

3- You don't know anything at all about what costs more lives. You only know what you were told about it.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

It certainly doesn't sound like a vaccine that kids in daycare need, right?

"Public schools are literal prisons for children and the only time many people will ever encounter violence in their lives."-Micheal Malice

In case anyone is wondering here are the side effects of the HPV vaccine: https://www.drugs.com/sfx/human-papi...e-effects.html

Relax people. In this country each person has health privacy guaranteed via HIPPA.

When is that last time you heard Ron Paul say that forced vaccination is called for
    in the Bill of Rights, or even said he supports forced vaccination ?

Are you a Libertarian in the same sense that Hilary and Obama have always used the
    Constitution as their guide?

We need to vaccinate the parents, and the pets, that herd thing is key.

Nothing is Immune nor safe from mandates, so long as we have arrogant tyrants
    in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    When is that last time you heard Ron Paul say that forced vaccination is called for
    in the Bill of Rights, or even said he supports forced vaccination ?

Are you a Libertarian in the same sense that Hilary and Obama have always used the
    Constitution as their guide?
    You seem confused. There are no forced vaccinations in the United States. No one is forcing these parents to make use of free public schooling.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You seem confused. There are no forced vaccinations in the United States. No one is forcing these parents to make use of free public schooling.
    Just their taxes dollars funding it by gun point.

I'll be brief...

1- GTFO with "estimates". Numbers from studies or it's the same old pro-vax, unscientific bull$#@!.

2- Women who don't want cervical cancer also have the option of not throwing down on every random dick they get offered.

3- You don't know anything at all about what costs more lives. You only know what you were told about it.
    Are you crazies actually trying to make pro-vaxxers a phrase? There is no such thing. There are anti-vaxxers and sane rational people who don't want to go back to the days of polio. Also, referring to such rational people as unscientific is a real knee slapper and perhaps just a tad bit hypocritical if you look at any anti-vaxxer literature.

What I know is that about 250,000 women die each year from cervical cancer, with HPV being the cause of cervical cancer for 90% of women. Only a $#@!ing moron wouldn't vaccinate for HPV. Only a brain dead $#@! would try to convince others not to. It is one thing to do what you want to your own body. It is another thing to preach your idiocy to others. If you were just killing yourselves, I'd be fine letting natural selection take its course, but your self destructive behavior is also bringing long since eradicated diseases back and exposing the public. So not only are you tricking the naive and gullible among the population to endanger their children, you are also putting my kids at risk! Keep going, and you'll end up on the wrong end of all the public lynchings that will ensue.

Fake logic.

Are you crazies actually trying to make pro-vaxxers a phrase? There is no such thing. There are anti-vaxxers and sane rational people who don't want to go back to the days of polio. Also, referring to such rational people as unscientific is a real knee slapper and perhaps just a tad bit hypocritical if you look at any anti-vaxxer literature.

What I know is that about 250,000 women die each year from cervical cancer, with HPV being the cause of cervical cancer for 90% of women. Only a $#@!ing moron wouldn't vaccinate for HPV. Only a brain dead $#@! would try to convince others not to. It is one thing to do what you want to your own body. It is another thing to preach your idiocy to others. If you were just killing yourselves, I'd be fine letting natural selection take its course, but your self destructive behavior is also bringing long since eradicated diseases back and exposing the public. So not only are you tricking the naive and gullible among the population to endanger their children, you are also putting my kids at risk! Keep going, and you'll end up on the wrong end of all the public lynchings that will ensue.
    Once again, why does a kid in daycare need to be vaccinated against an STD?

Charming;

Personal attacks insults and cloaked death threats/wishes all rolled into one, but tos don't apply here, ''we can't
    be everywhere all the time.'' Another example of randomly applied 'rules' .

Libertarians are not anti vaxxers, that's something you got from angie, we are antil mandaters' , we are against
    tyranny.

But yea, carry on with your threats and personal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Libertarians are not anti vaxxers, that's something you got from angie, we are antil mandaters' , we are against
    tyranny.

But yea, carry on with your threats and personal attacks.

Please don't pretend like libertarians aren't for mandatory vaccines at public school or that this is any form of tyranny. No one is forced to go to public schools.

If HPV can only be gotten through sexual contact, then I'm pretty much safe from it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Please clarify what you are asking. Are you presuming this will apply to very young children, because that is what daycare is for? This bill states this is only mandatory for children entering the 7th grade.

Section one of this bill amends section 2164 of the Public Health Law to require persons in parental relation to children born on or after Janu-
    ary 1, 2009 who are entering or have entered seventh grade or a comparable age level special education program on or after September 1st, 2021
    to have administered to such children an adequate dose or doses of immunizing agents against human papillomavirus (HPV).
    I'm pretty sure most kids are old enough by seventh grade that they do not attend daycare. However, if you are more familiar with New York law than I am, and that it turns out any regulations applying to public schools also applies to private daycare, which it probably doesn't, than they should have put an exception in the bill for it. I would say that first, I am against the over regulation of the daycare system, but like public schools, it is not mandatory to send your kid to daycare.

I think this is all a moot point because I doubt this applies to daycare, and few if any 7th graders go to daycare. It is probably just a case of the article trying to get you to picture little girls having to get vaccinated for an STD, while the truth is that these girls would be getting vaccinated at an age where they could be sexually active.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Is this the gardisal vaccine? The one that has killed thousands? To little kids who aren't sexually active and no where near maturation...hmm....something seems fishy.....government will be making this mandated soon?....carry on....(head in sand)

Let me get this straight, they want to vaccinate minors for a potential STD's, and make it compulsory.

I'm no anti-vaccine person , I got mine at both public schools and the doctors office.
    But to me this sounds draconian, and it sure isn't libertarian, it surprises me that some on this board are for this, forced injections for STD's isn't libertarian ideology, pretty sure our good doctor Paul would be against it.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

14-Year-Old Active Girl in Wisconsin Suffers Over 300 Seizures After Gardasil Vaccine – Doctor Refuses to Consider Gardasil Cause due to Fear of Losing Research Funding

Polly Tommey and the VAXXED II team continue their bus tour around the U.S. interviewing victims of vaccine injuries.

They recently interviewed the Brill family from Wisconsin. Their 14-year-old daughter, Ashlyn, has gone from a healthy, active child who now suffers pain throughout her body, and has experienced over 300 seizures since she was vaccinated with the Gardasil vaccine 18 months ago.
    Some of her seizures last over 5 hours.

Her mother and father are “first responders” with some medical training. Prior to their experience with their daughter’s reaction to the Gardasil vaccine, they had complete faith in vaccines, and their family was all up-to-date on all of their vaccines.

They took Ashlyn to Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin where the medical staff reportedly tried to induce the seizures to determine the cause.
    Doctors allegedly told Ashlyn’s mom that there was nothing wrong with Ashlyn, that all of the test results were normal, and that the seizures were related to too much stress in Ashlyn’s life.

Her mother did not accept this answer, and insisted that all these medical conditions started after the Gardasil HPV vaccine.
    She then tells Polly that the doctor’s response is what led her on her journey to make sure that everybody understood her daughter’s story:

So the doctor came back in the room, and it was just us (the family) and the doctor (the neurologist), and she shut the door, and she says, “Listen, we need to talk.”

And she said, “Whether this is caused by the Gardasil vaccination or not, 95% of our research money comes from pharmaceutical companies.”

And she said, “Unfortunately, your child is a small fish in a big sea. And if we were to admit this was the Gardasil vaccination, we would lose our funding for our research.”
    Ashlyn’s mom then says:

“I’m not going to let someone’s child be a small fish. So from that day I decided that I needed to share Ashlyn’s story, because every child matters.”
    Listen to the entire interview:

More information about Gardasil

Some of the girls whose lives have been destroyed by Gardasil:

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

CDC Paid Maryland $123 Million to Promote Gardasil Vaccine as Requirement for School Attendance

The Maryland Prevention and Health Promotion Agency (PHPA) has received millions — $123 million just between 2012–2017 — as part of an effort to require public schools to force children to get the human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccination.

Those funds came in the form of grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The CDC maintains a nonprofit foundation that gets enormous amounts of money from Big Pharma — including Merck, the company that produces Gardasil, the HPV vaccine.

At the very least, Maryland’s acceptance of those funds has the appearance of impropriety. During a PHPA-hosted “HPV symposium” attended by state pediatric practices and Maryland Department of Health staffers in March 2018 at Ten Oaks, Maryland, the featured speaker — Dr. Alix Casler — encouraged attendees to offer free dinners, bottles of wine, and “Quality Doctor Incentives $” sales bonuses to get Maryland physicians on board with the HPV vaccine-pushing program.

Dr. Casler offered a $5,000 cash payment to pediatric practices that achieve targeted HPV vaccine sales goals. Dr. Casler is a paid spokesperson for Merck — to the tune of more than $59,000 just between 2013 and 2016, according to data compiled by ProPublica.

In 2016, the Maryland Partnership for Prevention — which lists the Maryland Department of Health as its top member — accepted $70,000 from the Association of Immunization Managers (AIM). AIM’s top “Corporate Alliance Members” are Merck, Pfizer, Sanofi Pasteur and Seqirus.

That same year, legislation was introduced in Maryland to mandate the shot. In the U.S., only three jurisdictions have made HPV vaccination mandatory: Rhode Island, Virginia and the District of Columbia. Clearly, based on the money and other incentives being injected into our public-health policy system, Big Pharma would love to see Maryland become the fourth to do so.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

Government Health Agencies Take Huge Profits from Vaccine Royalties – Gardasil the Top One

The CDC is a major player in the vaccine marketplace, buying half of all childhood vaccines in the U.S. and then selling them to contracted public health agencies through the Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program, which pushes free and low-cost vaccines on indigent children.

Over the past three decades, the CDC’s vaccine purchases have increased 15-fold as the average cost of fully vaccinating a child to age 18 rose from $100 to $2192—while vaccine companies have raked in the profits. The agency’s involvement with vaccine manufacturers also extends to patents, licensing agreements and collaboration on projects to develop new vaccines.

In fact, the CDC and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) profit handsomely from their ownership or co-ownership with private sector partners of vaccine-related patents. Some of the key technologies underlying the development of the HPV vaccines Gardasil and Cervarix emerged from research patented by the NIH’s National Cancer Institute (NCI), which then licensed the technology to Merck, MedImmune and GlaxoSmithKline.

By 2009, HPV licensing had become NIH’s top generator of royalty revenues. Gardasil is “perhaps the leading example of a new form of unconstrained government self-dealing, in arrangements whereby [HHS] can transfer technology to pharmaceutical partners, [and] simultaneously both approve and protect their partners’ technology licenses while also taking a cut of the profits.”

It seems doubtful that agencies can remain impartial in the face of these profits.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast