Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Is First to Use PATRIOT Act to Detain a Man Forever

Poor guy is in a legal limbo, but I gotta solution.

So this isn't an immigration issue, he was here illegally. He's an invader. He cut checks to enemies-- I doubt after time served he wants to pledge an oath to the Constitution and be a good neighbor. However, his home country doesn't want him back. Here in this country, even Ender won't give him a roof over his head.

Solution:
    Give him a boat, with six months provisions and let him go in the ocean of his choosing. Simple.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Poor guy is in a legal limbo, but I gotta solution.

So this isn't an immigration issue, he was here illegally. He's an invader. He cut checks to enemies-- I doubt after time served he wants to pledge an oath to the Constitution and be a good neighbor. However, his home country doesn't want him back. Here in this country, even Ender won't give him a roof over his head.

Solution:
    Give him a boat, with six months provisions and let him go in the ocean of his choosing. Simple.
    Any ocean but not on our side of it.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Their culture was far more compatible with ours and it still contributed to the loss of liberty here.
    This. Comparing an Irish catholic to a Muslim Lebanese or Palestinian is like oranges to apples

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Unlimited detention without any charges. He has not committed any violent crimes (or been accused of any) and served his sentence. He should be freed.
    I agree he should go free, but where? Does violating immigration laws, committing crimes, and serving prison time make someone an American these days?

If I understand correctly he was funding terrorists and after serving 15 years no country wanted him back. We should let him on the streets here?Yet the liberaltarians on here cant open up their couch in their mom's basement for this guy? Pffft....

Quote Originally Posted by jon4liberty View Post
    This. Comparing an Irish catholic to a Muslim Lebanese or Palestinian is like oranges to apples
    Or oranges to poison berries.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Unlimited detention without any charges. He has not committed any violent crimes (or been accused of any) and served his sentence. He should be freed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    You really think this is $#@!ing OK? Anyone can be next!
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    The prevailing attitude around here really seems to have become that totalitarianism is just fine as long as it's pointed in the "right" direction. After all, it's the only way to preserve what's left of our "liberty culture." Just ask SS.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    1) They weren't being held under the PATRIOT act.

2) This guy isn't being held without trial. He's being held after trial.

3) The GITMO excuse is that they are military detainees in military detention for military trial for an undeclared war. This is a civil/civilian action.

As with everything else in the United States, the government will trial-run their newfound powers against some type of person who is easily dismissed as 'not deserving' of rights by half of Americans. It will work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    So , if I have this right, this man is not a US Citizen, what would the three four of you have us do with
    this man?
    :crickets: chirp chirp chirp,,,,
    funny to see how wound up you guys get , then ; :crickets: tiny crickets....

It's almost like their plan is to allow enemies who want to kill us to invade and eventually claim citizenship/voting rights.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Maybe taking a nap after mommy's chicken nuggies and kraft mac and cheese

It's almost like their plan is to allow enemies who want to kill us to invade and eventually claim citizenship/voting rights.
    I've read their play book , I think you nailed it.....

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jon4liberty View Post
    Maybe taking a nap after mommy's chicken nuggies and kraft mac and cheese
    I bet they refuse to nap unless without their fuzzy slippers.

Give them some time. I sometimes stay away from this forum and the internet for a few days at a time. Also, Zippy's job might include posting this article on other forums.

Give them some time. I sometimes stay away from this forum and the internet for a few days at a time. Also, Zippy's job might include posting this article on other forums.
    You may be right, but my impression is that they take their laptops into the hot tub and the rpf screen never
    dims.

Australia is taken , maybe we need to discover another continent where people that
    aren't welcome anywhere can be sent , start over , and make something of their lives.

I might even give it some consideration myself.

Australia is taken , maybe we need to discover another continent where people that
    aren't welcome anywhere can be sent , start over , and make something of their lives.

I might even give it some consideration myself.

We could send this guy to Antarctica.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Perfect , and according to Al Gore's GW predictions, this time of year should be like
    a Miami Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    This is still not a first. The whole thing people hate about the patriot act was it circumvents the bill of rights which is unconstitutional. This guy isnt even American. This title is click bait fake news.
    It's the first use of the PATRIOT act authority for indefinite detention. Previous presidents used other, equally bull$#@!, authorities.

He is in prison because he gave money to extremist Muslim charities who will launder it to terrorist cells.
    No. He was in prison for that reason. Then he completed his sentence. Why is he in prison now?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

So , if I have this right, this man is not a US Citizen, what would the three of you have us do with
    this man?

Two hours? Really?

Unlike some others, posting on here is neither my job nor my life. Get over it.

So , if I have this right, this man is not a US Citizen, what would the three of you have us do with
    this man?
    Not imprison him forever.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No. He was in prison for that reason. Then he completed his sentence. Why is he in prison now?
    Because he has no right to be released in America and nowhere else will take him.
    That's what you wouldn't do.
    What would you do?

Several suggestions have been made that aren't imprisoning him forever.

Last edited by Swordsmyth; 11-29-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Because he has no right to be released
    Fascinating. Is that a right that people have to have now? An affirmative right to not be in jail?

We should come up with a name for that right. Something catchy.

That what you wouldn't do.
    What would you do?

I'd do this:
    Pinochet is the model

Fascinating. Is that a right that people have to have now? An affirmative right to not be in jail?

We should come up with a name for that right. Something catchy.
    Because he has no right to be released in America and nowhere else will take him.

I'd do this:
    What would you do?

Why don't you just admit your plan is to allow enemies who want to kill us to invade and eventually claim citizenship/voting rights?

Or you could endorse one of the following:

We could solve this by forcibly or covertly dumping him in Lebanon.

Solution:

But none of those facilitates the invasion and destruction of America.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

He is in prison because he gave money to extremist Muslim charities who will launder it to terrorist cells.
    A bad thing indeed, but if he served his time he should be freed.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Where

Look, I know we're not going to reach a conclusion on this. This goes to the very core of your beliefs, and they are diametrically opposed to mine.

You believe that government fundamentally has more rights than people, and obviously you believe that lacking an affirmative right to exist which is somehow earned through group membership, the government has a right to make you not exist. Unless the government has a reason to free someone, they can be imprisoned forever.

What would you do?
    Pinochet is the model

Look, I know we're not going to reach a conclusion on this. This goes to the very core of your beliefs, and they are diametrically opposed to mine.

You believe that government fundamentally has more rights than people, and obviously you believe that lacking an affirmative right to exist which is somehow earned through group membership, the government has a right to make you not exist. Unless the government has a reason to free someone, they can be imprisoned forever.

Maybe a good compromise is to declare Northwest Australia as a new prison colony and send him there. Very few people live in NW Australia, I'm sure they wouldn't mind.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I believe the rest of us have a right to be protected from enemies that mean to harm or enslave us.
    You believe anyone on the planet has a right to come here to harm or enslave us.
    They can and should release him anywhere BUT America.

I'll take that to mean you want him released in America so he can try to kill and conquer us since you refused to even acknowledge the other options.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Not here.

But there are other options:
    Originally Posted by Swordsmyth
    We could solve this by forcibly or covertly dumping him in Lebanon.
    Originally Posted by RJB

Solution:

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Maybe a good compromise is to declare Northwest Australia as a new prison colony and send him there. Very few people live in NW Australia, I'm sure they wouldn't mind.
    I believe there are still unclaimed islands in the Pacific.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Related:

The Islamic knife attacker in London who murdered two people on Friday was set free despite his history of violent terrorism, and was attending a Cambridge University event on prison rehabilitation as he committed his rampage, according to an edition of The Times set to release on Saturday.

https://twitter.com/LiamSD12/status/1200538203519954944

Police are calling the incident a terrorist attack. The terrorist is dead after he was gunned down by authorities. He was wearing a phony suicide vest as he committed the knife rampage, and heroic bystanders wrestled him to the ground before he could do more damage.
    The terrorist made his heinous attack in Fishmongers’ Hall near London Bridge, which had been the scene of another attack two years ago. It was where Cambridge University was hosting an event on prison rehabilitation in which the terrorist was attending, perhaps as a guest of honor.
    He had been convicted of a terrorist attack before according to reports, but then was set free after being fitted with an electronic tag. The tag did little to stop him from committing these murders. Britain’s lax policies in effect facilitated these gruesome knife murders to take place.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/jihadi...on-conference/

Release him, BUT NOT HERE.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I believe there are still unclaimed islands in the Pacific.
    No , I've already claimed them .
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast