Thread: Federal Debt Up $1.3 Trillion Since Last Thanksgiving; $10,137 Per Household

Federal Debt Up $1.3 Trillion Since Last Thanksgiving; $10,137 Per Household

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/wash...zR98ikEykVhBsk

So much winning.

The federal debt has increased by $1,303,466.578.471.45 since last Thanksgiving, according to data released by the U.S. Treasury.

That is the largest Thanksgiving-to-Thanksgiving increase in the debt in nine years. The last time the debt increased more from Thanksgiving to Thanksgiving was in 2010, when it increased by $1,785,995,360,978.10.

It also equals approximately $10,137.48 per household in the United States.

At the close of business on November 21, 2018—the day before last Thanksgiving—the federal debt stood at $21,769,263,916,844.09. At the close of business yesterday, it stood at $23,072,730,495,315.54.

That equaled an increase of $1,303,466,578.471.45.

That Thanksgiving-to-Thanksgiving increase in the debt worked out to approximately $10,137.48 for each of the 128,579,000 households the Census Bureau estimates there are in the United States in 2019.

The full federal debt of $23,072,730,495,315.54 now equals $179,444 per household.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's almost like government gets bigger regardless of which party's in power...

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

But on average it gets less bigger under Republicans, if you exclude the years where it got bigger under a Republican
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

No, no, no. You're just not getting it again. Republicans are always better. Besides, there are more important things than money. You know, all those terrible oppressive things those in government always find to spend all that extra money on.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Whatryall bichin about? I bet you drove on a interstate today, who do you think built that? You didn't build that.
    "The Patriarch"

The full federal debt of $23,072,730,495,315.54 now equals $179,444 per household.
    A small price to pay for muh roads.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Whatryall bichin about? I bet you drove on a interstate today, who do you think built that? You didn't build that.
    +rep
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Oh $#@!. I forgot all about muh roads. Of course you're right.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    No, no, no. You're just not getting it again. Republicans are always better. Besides, there are more important things than money. You know, all those terrible oppressive things those in government always find to spend all that extra money on.
    The conspiracy to subsidize taco trucks with federal tax dollars, for instance?

Of course, an alternative explanation is that tacos taste good.