Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Bloomberg: Government Should Import ‘an Awful Lot More’ Immigrants

Exclamation Michael Bloomberg: Government Should Import ‘an Awful Lot More’ Immigrants

Michael Bloomberg: Government Should Import ‘an Awful Lot More’ Immigrants

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...re-immigrants/

Democratic 2020 candidate Michael Bloomberg says he will recruit “an awful lot more” immigrants “to take all the different kinds of jobs” in the U.S. economy.

The immigrants can “improve our culture, our cuisine, our religion, our dialogue, and certainly improve our economy,” Bloomberg told reporters without naming the American cultures, cuisines, religions, and dialogues that would be improved.

Bloomberg’s comments reflect the views of wealthy investors who gain stock market wealth when the government imports more workers, welfare-aided consumers, and extra renters into communities created by Americans and their children.

In his comments, Bloomberg echoed the 1960s claim that the U.S is a diverse “nation of immigrants,” instead of a country build by similar-minded settlers from Europe. “This country was built by immigrants,” Bloomberg said, without noting the role played by Americans and their children.

Bloomberg, who owns roughly $55 billion in assets, has long supported mass migration. In 2013, he joined with the owner of Fox News, Rupert Murdoch, to create the Project for a New American Economy. The group of investors and politicians pushed for passage of the Gang of Eight amnesty in 2013.

In 2019, the group is pushing for the S.386 law that would help investors by encouraging many more Indian graduates to take white-collar jobs from American graduates.

Bloomberg’s group is also pushing for legislation that would provide an endless supply of H-2A visa workers to investors in the agriculture sector. The wage-capped workers would likely displace Americans, reduce pressure on investors to buy high-tech farm machinery, and convert many agriculture towns into “company towns” dominated by a single employer.

NC GOP @SenThomTillis wants to reward India's workers who take US jobs from American graduates. He's backing @SenMikeLee's @S386 bill which gives citizenship to Indians for taking Americans' jobs. Big subsidy for US investors, big loss for NC graduates. https://t.co/LWeAMULh0C

— Neil Munro (@NeilMunroDC) November 7, 2019

The U.S. already imports many immigrants — roughly one million per year, even as four million Americans turn 18 and prepare to join the workforce.

“We need an awful lot more immigrants rather than less,” Bloomberg told reporters after he filed the paperwork needed to join the Democratic Party’s primary in Arizona:

We have to go out and actually try to recruit immigrants to come here. We need immigrants to take all the different kinds of jobs that the country needs – improve our culture, our cuisine, our religion, our dialogue, and certainly improve our economy.

Bloomberg — who has a personal wealth of roughly $55 billion — then blasted President Donald Trump’s campaign to block the wave of Central American migrants sparked by the establishment’s tacit support for mass migration:

I think what Donald Trump has done, of ripping kids away from their [migrant] parents, is a disgrace. I think of what we’re done, where we don’t know who we’re taking in, and we don’t help people when we’re here, is a disgrace. I think talking about deporting 11 million people is so outrageous to try to explain to your kids what that was all about. Our immigration system is broken and we’re not doing anything to fix it.

In 2013, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) predicted the planned “Gang of Eight” amnesty would shift more of the nation’s new wealth from workers to investors.

The flood of roughly 30 million immigrants in ten years would cause Americans wages to shrink, the report said. “Because the bill would increase the rate of growth of the labor force, average wages would be held down in the first decade after enactment,” the CBO report said.

But all that cheap labor would boost the profits and the stock market, the report said. “The rate of return on capital would be higher [than on labor] under the legislation than under current law throughout the next two decades,” says the report, titled “The Economic Impact of S. 744.”

In contrast, Trump’s opposition to Central American migrants and to amnesty bills sought by the establishment has helped to nudge up wages for blue-collar Americans, especially in the midwest battleground states, according to a November 26 report posted by Bloomberg’s news service:

Personal income growth has been surging in some political U.S. battlegrounds, including a third of the counties in Pennsylvania — which Donald Trump narrowly flipped in 2016 and may need to win re-election next year.

In the president’s first two years in office, a total of 325 counties representing nearly 6% of the U.S. population experienced their best annualized income gains since at least 1992, according to data compiled by Bloomberg News. And 127 of those are located in perennial swing states, including Ohio and Iowa.

Good news: GOP Reps. voted against wage-cuts and job outsourcing.
    Bad news: GOP Reps only voted against the cuts b/c they were wrapped in a farmworker amnesty which would cut GOP jobs in 2026.
    Good News: The same standoff is protecting US grads from #S386https://t.co/HRVdRNjooJ

— Neil Munro (@NeilMunroDC) November 22, 2019
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Government should not import or export anybody at all. What government needs to do is stop stealing from people to hoard for themselves and giving scraps to others, and leave people the f&ck alone. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness has no guarantees, but becomes impossible with government interference.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The immigrants can “improve our ... cuisine"
    Who doesn't like Mexican food??

Oh, that's right.. I don't know ANYBODY who doesn't like Mexican food. With the exception of this one dude on the internet.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

HE SHOULD HOOK UP W THIS BI TC H

I wonder if they have anything in common...member of same club?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Another privileged none American living in America calling for more migrants and just how many migrants is this privileged none American willing to practice he preaches!?

The Liberals always start with the same lie on why America needs more migrants.

Michael Bloomberg says he will recruit “an awful lot more” immigrants “to take all the different kinds of jobs” in the U.S. economy.
    Last edited by AngryCanadian; 11-27-2019 at 11:45 AM.

Not surprised one bit that he would take that stance.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

This is an invasion and conquest.
    And genocide.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Michael Bloomberg has a deep seated hatred for our culture and is doing his best
    to destroy it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bloomberg sounds like Ron and Rand Paul there.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    No he doesn't.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Except for the cuisine part. That actually made me laugh.

Just another one of those, eh?

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    HE SHOULD HOOK UP W THIS BI TC H

I wonder if they have anything in common...member of same club?
    Oh I'm sure a coincidence for sure. Definitely not a part of a tribe that seemingly strangleholds the most important positions in 6 continents.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    This is an invasion and conquest.
    And genocide.
    While everyone lies on their backs....

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Michael Bloomberg has a deep seated hatred for our culture and is doing his best
    to destroy it.
    Destroying it and making sure we are forgotten forever

Why do you norks keep saying "import"? Are these dirty brown foreigners coming in shipping containers?
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Back of rigs with shipping containers

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    Why do you norks keep saying "import"? Are these dirty brown foreigners coming in shipping containers?
    It was conspicuous that an article with that headline was not able to present any quotes from Bloomberg that used the word "import," much less a claim that he wanted the "government" to import them, as the headline asserts.

Yes, as a matter of fact, in many cases they are.

I say imported because that is this closest word that fits.

If they were "airdropped" like invading paratroopers that carry guns, I'd use that that word.

Because that is what they are: an invading army.

It was conspicuous that an article with that headline was not able to present any quotes from Bloomberg that used the word "import," much less a claim that he wanted the "government" to import them, as the headline asserts.
    We have to go out and actually try to recruit immigrants to come here
    Meh, recruit, import...makes no difference to me...pooh pooh on me for not filtering Doomberg's comments first.

We are filled up, all tickets are sold out, it's 2020 , our culture is as rich as its going to
    get, from here out , its just devolution.

If illegals and anti cultures are being imported, we need a tariff , a massive tariff the likes of which
    have never been seen.

Quote Originally Posted by jon4liberty View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jon4liberty again.

While everyone lies on their backs....
    Or collaborates.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

With liberty being the primary target.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh I'm sure a coincidence for sure. Definitely not a part of a tribe that seemingly strangleholds the most important positions in 6 continents.
    It's just a coincidence that their leaders have been trying to destroy Christianity for 2000 years too.

That couldn't be what he means by saying we need immigrants to improve our religion, could it?
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 11-28-2019 at 03:33 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

um,did you forget this is a conservative/libertarian/anarchist website? It's like your trying to promote increased immigration.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

um,did you forget this is a conservative/libertarian/anarchist website? It's like your trying to promote increased immigration.
    Did you miss the FOR SWEDES part?

They will NOT be cutting spending, they will just be spending it on invaders as part of the plan to destroy the natives and replace them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    With liberty being the primary target.
    Says the poster that dumps on the Libertarian Party every chance he gets.

Did you miss the FOR SWEDES part?

They will NOT be cutting spending, they will just be spending it on invaders as part of the plan to destroy the natives and replace them.
    Weird. I went to the origin link and plugged it into google translate. Your link anchor text was nowhere in the article.

The article does say that the Swedish population is aging, shrinking and can't support the taxation required to maintain previous budgets so budget cuts are necessary. It acknowledges immigration as being "generous" (the volume, not spending) but nowhere does it state it will cut services for Swedes only and actually says it will be reducing general welfare spending and services that affect everyone, Swede or immigrant alike. Sounds like shrinking government spending overall, which is a conservative position.
    Last edited by devil21; 11-29-2019 at 12:00 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Michael Bloomberg: Government Should Import ‘an Awful Lot More’ Immigrants
    A guy at the top of the human pyramid scheme wants to grow the pyramid. Shocking.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast