Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Today in college basketball

Today in college basketball

Dayton Flyers defeat Georgia Bulldogs 80 - 61 , Virginia Tech upset #3 Mich St 71 - 66 , Seattle defeated by Bucknell Bison , Western Ky a winner , Grand Canyon Antelopes defeat Illinois St , Drexel Dragons beat Rosemont Ravens , the Texas A& M International Dust Devils play the UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros . Valpo & Cincy in a great game .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Coming up the Campbell Fighting Camels and the Jacksonville Dolphins.
    Do something Danke

Big 10 still has four undefeated teams . # 3 Maryland , #10 Ohio St , # 4 Mich and IU. IU is 7th nationally in FG percentage among all teams . Been a huge improvement for them so far.
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-04-2019 at 02:57 PM.
    Do something Danke

Pac12 has two unbeatens-#20 Colorado and #12 Arizona. #13 Oregon has two losses but those were to Top Ten teams- #6 UNC and #8 Gonzaga. Only lost by one point to Gonzaga in OT and three to UNC. They beat #13 Memphis. They play #4 Michigan next week. Colorado faces #2 Kansas the same day- so far, they have not played any ranked teams but all of the starters from last year are back. Arizona will face #18 Baylor next week.

Big games tonight , Mich - Louisville , Dayton - Houston Baptist , IU ( 1 1/2 point favorites ) - # 17 Florida St , Butler - Ole Miss , Western Ky - Wright St , Iowa - Syracuse ...... I like Louisville , Butler , Iowa tonight.
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-03-2019 at 07:00 PM.
    Do something Danke

Kind of remarkable that Umich lost three guys to the NBA and have a bunch of no names and have gotten off to this good of start with a first time head coach.

Hope IU continues to dominate.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Hope IU continues to dominate.
    At the ten minute mark they lead 18 - 12 with six players scoring so far, winning the rebound battle 2 to 1 .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    With about two minutes to half , it is as good of a first half as the Hoosiers have had all season. Hoosiers lead by ten on 60 percent shooting.
    Do something Danke

3 1/2 to play Hoosiers lead 72 - 58
    Do something Danke

Hoosiers miss 15 free throws , win by 14 by shooting 56 percent from the field . Mich St struggling today . Indiana St Sycamores victorious tonight , Ball St falls to Loyola Chicago , Dayton , Butler , UTSA Roadrunners & Northwestern all winners
    Do something Danke

Tonight we have #6 undefeated Ohio St and #7 6-1 North Carolina , #3 undefeated Maryland and 6-1 Notre Dame, San Diego St - Colorado St , Penn - Nova , Texas Tech - undefeated Depaul , Xavier in action later......
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-04-2019 at 03:39 PM.
    Do something Danke

Also in action tonight are Colorado 6 - 0 , OK ST 7 -0 , Duquesne 6 - 0 , two winless teams ( I think both 0 -6 ) Kennesaw St , Florida A& M . Teams with openers , Greensboro , Rio Grande , Northern New Mexico , Maine Maritime , Paul Quinn and Millsaps .
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-04-2019 at 08:08 PM.
    Do something Danke

Purdue out up early over Virginia .
    Do something Danke

Purdue dominates Virginia start to finish . ACC not doing well against the Hoosier State.
    Do something Danke

Colorado trailed Loyola Marymount by nine points in the second half but came back to get the win and stay unbeaten. Big challenge on Saturday at #2 Kansas.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Couple of good teams in action later tonight , Wichita St and St Mary's
    Do something Danke

i am thinking right now , Louisville , Maryland and Ohio St should be the top three .Butler looks pretty good too . Alot of currently unranked teams i think could be around tournament time. Like St Marys ,Xavier , San Diego St , Depaul , Richmond etc
    Do something Danke

IU has been playing without the starting point guard most of two seasons now , I think that may hurt them in Jan , at Maryland , Ohio St , Mich St , Maryland . Until then I would love to see them go 13 - 0 ( currently 8 - 0) but they see some stiff competition yet in Dec . Currently #4 nationally in FG percentage.
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-11-2019 at 05:51 PM.
    Do something Danke

Iowa - Mich tonight. Stephen F Austin plays Alabama.
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-06-2019 at 04:32 PM.
    Do something Danke

Tonight we have Butler - Baylor and Uconn - IU .
    Do something Danke

Looks like two Top 5 teams are beaten tonight , Louisville and Maryland .
    Do something Danke

#2 (probably #1 next week since #1 Louisville lost) Kansas handed #20 Colorado their first loss this week. Colorado only dropped to #24. They are in a tight game with 8-1 Northern Iowa right now.

Booo! Lost- 79- 76.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-10-2019 at 10:06 PM.

Hoosiers up 5 at Half after trailing by at least 10 early . Butler trails by 3 with 1 3/4 min to play.
    Do something Danke

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Butler cuts it to 1 with a min to play .
    Do something Danke

Hoosiers generated 14 turnovers in the first half and played 11 players . They will have to stay after it on defense here in the second half .
    Do something Danke

Hoosiers defense carries the day , hang on to win by 3 ( two point favorites ) and cover the under . Move to 9 - 1 . Butler loses by 1 ( 9 - 1 ) . Hoosier victory was without any players in double figures although ten players scored. Shut out the Uconn point guard until the last 7 seconds .
    Do something Danke

So Kansas and Ohio St will be 1 & 2 ?
    Do something Danke

Iowa - Iowa St tonight
    Do something Danke

Muh Hoosiers make it home from Madison Square Garden and are at home tonight against the Cornhuskers in a big conf game for IU . They have struggled in the past against Nebraska . In the last win over UConn the Hoosier point guard Phinisee played 13 minutes marking the first time in two years the Hoosiers had all players available for a game . Go Hoosiers !! Schedule gets tough, mostly top 30 teams , upcoming are at Notre Dame , Arkansas ,at Maryland and no real breaks from there with Ohio St , at Nebraska ,Mich St , at Penn St and Maryland again . I think the Big 10 has ten teams in legitimate contention for the regular season Big 10 championship . I would like to get back even too after that 2 point loss last year at Arkansas.
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-13-2019 at 06:04 PM.
    Do something Danke

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast