Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Rep. Thomas Massie is Preparing to be Taken as a Christmas Hostage

  1. #1

    Rep. Thomas Massie is Preparing to be Taken as a Christmas Hostage

    written by adam dick
    thursday november 21, 2019
    RonPaulInstitute


    https://video.foxbusiness.com/v/6106913798001/

    Speaking Wednesday evening with host Kennedy at Fox Business, Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) predicted that the shenanigans this week to pass a continuing resolution providing short-term funding for the United States government and extra big-government goodies including authorization for mass surveillance, all without US House of Representatives members having time to adequately review the legislation, is not the end of the story.

    Come December 20, Massie predicts congressional leadership “will come in a closed room” with Massie and other representatives “and they’ll say ‘OK now we’ve got the really big omnibus and, if you vote for this, you can go home for Christmas, but, if you don’t vote for it and it fails, we’re gonna make you stay here over Christmas and New Years.’”

    An omnibus bill throws together funding for many different parts of the US government at the last minute instead of debates and votes being held over time on separate spending categories-based bills.

    “It’s almost like a dystopian future,” continued Massie in the interview, saying that previously when he has been in the closed room House members start “chanting ‘vote, vote, vote, vote’ and people run up there and vote for something they have not read.” Concludes Massie regarding this recurring phenomenon: “There’s some Stockholm syndrome going on where like the hostages are superexcited to vote for their own doom, or for the doom of the American people.”

    Watch here Massie’s complete interview, in which he also discusses the peculiar situation of House members, who say President Donald Trump is abusing presidential powers, voting to authorize and fund everything Trump is doing, as well as why Massie recently voted against sanctions on China.

    Massie is a member of the Ron Paul Institute’s Advisory Board.


    http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives...stmas-hostage/
    Last edited by PAF; 11-24-2019 at 03:32 AM.
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

    Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3)



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    written by adam dick
    thursday november 21, 2019
    RonPaulInstitute


    https://video.foxbusiness.com/v/6106913798001/

    Speaking Wednesday evening with host Kennedy at Fox Business, Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) predicted that the shenanigans this week to pass a continuing resolution providing short-term funding for the United States government and extra big-government goodies including authorization for mass surveillance, all without US House of Representatives members having time to adequately review the legislation, is not the end of the story.

    Come December 20, Massie predicts congressional leadership “will come in a closed room” with Massie and other representatives “and they’ll say ‘OK now we’ve got the really big omnibus and, if you vote for this, you can go home for Christmas, but, if you don’t vote for it and it fails, we’re gonna make you stay here over Christmas and New Years.’”

    An omnibus bill throws together funding for many different parts of the US government at the last minute instead of debates and votes being held over time on separate spending categories-based bills.

    “It’s almost like a dystopian future,” continued Massie in the interview, saying that previously when he has been in the closed room House members start “chanting ‘vote, vote, vote, vote’ and people run up there and vote for something they have not read.” Concludes Massie regarding this recurring phenomenon: “There’s some Stockholm syndrome going on where like the hostages are superexcited to vote for their own doom, or for the doom of the American people.”

    Watch here Massie’s complete interview, in which he also discusses the peculiar situation of House members, who say President Donald Trump is abusing presidential powers, voting to authorize and fund everything Trump is doing, as well as why Massie recently voted against sanctions on China.

    Massie is a member of the Ron Paul Institute’s Advisory Board.


    http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives...stmas-hostage/
    Dear Lord. Please let Mitch McConnell retire and Thomas Massie take his seat. Amen.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Dear Lord. Please let Mitch McConnell retire and Thomas Massie take his seat. Amen.
    Amen
    Amash>Trump

    ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

    "Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

    "ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

    "Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Dear Lord. Please let Mitch McConnell retire and Thomas Massie take his seat. Amen.
    That would be amazing if it were to happen.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    That would be amazing if it were to happen.
    Imagine the shaming we could do.

    Kentucky elected two smart, sane senators that represent people, not special interests. How many of those does your state have? None? None at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I didn't vote for Trump.
    A POX ON BOTH YOUR PARTIES

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Imagine the shaming we could do.

    Kentucky elected two smart, sane senators that represent people, not special interests. How many of those does your state have? None? None at all?
    That might cause a mass migration to Kentucky.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  8. #7
    What is the difference between bribing, extorting, threatening, a congressperson to make a rush vote without reading it resulting in negative repercussions, and Trump wanting to withhold aid for corruption?
    Truth is Fallacy, Fallacy is Evil.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    What is the difference between bribing, extorting, threatening, a congressperson to make a rush vote without reading it resulting in negative repercussions, and Trump wanting to withhold aid for corruption?
    It's for the children?
    Amash>Trump

    ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

    "Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

    "ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

    "Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    He'll be home for Christmas. He'd have to find 217 other principled people in that room to hold it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I didn't vote for Trump.
    A POX ON BOTH YOUR PARTIES

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Dear Lord. Please let Mitch McConnell retire and Thomas Massie take his seat. Amen.
    Unfortunately I don't think that is going to happen.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think that is going to happen.
    What??? We all thought that was scheduled for next week. Wtf who cancelled it?
    Amash>Trump

    ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

    "Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

    "ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

    "Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

  14. #12
    Doesn't he mean holiday hostage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    if we don't count the 14,000 he sent instead of declaring war on Iran he had reduced the deployed troops by about 7,555.
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    That might cause a mass migration to Kentucky.
    Unfortunately, elected officials at the federal level seldom have anything to do with local politics in their home state.

    Child Trafficking Reported in Kentucky as “One of the Most Corrupt States in the Country”

    In an article we published last year where we reported that the FBI had begun to investigate corruption in Kentucky after a Harvard study identified Kentucky as “one of the most corrupt states in the country,” one of our readers commented that in Kentucky, “we treat horses here better than we do our mothers, fathers, and children.”
    Uncensored Health Freedom News:
    http://healthimpactnews.com/

    Yes, I believe the science of vaccines is settled - Zippyjuan Team
    Don't care even a little bit about where the CDC gets money. - Krugminator2

  16. #14
    Weren't anti-Amash people just recently here on this website arguing that Massie was staying in the good graces of the party leadership?



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-28-2016, 11:00 AM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-02-2013, 06:13 PM
  3. Thomas Massie on Brian Thomas's show (link inside)
    By sailingaway in forum Thomas Massie Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2013, 08:02 AM
  4. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-07-2012, 05:57 AM
  5. Older Massie Interview From LEO
    By Sola_Fide in forum Thomas Massie Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-21-2012, 10:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •