Thread: Bloomberg files to become official Dem candidate

Bloomberg files to become official Dem candidate

https://www.ft.com/content/c4333228-...6-9bf4d1957a67

If he follows through with a genuine campaign (already bought $30m of ad space), watch for a big media event mass shooting just prior to his first debate appearance. He's itching to rail against guns on the big stage but will need a big media event shooting prior to freshen it in the minds of the viewing masses.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Donald Trump Cold-Calls Michael Bloomberg

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post

If he follows through with a genuine campaign (already bought $30m of ad space), watch for a big media event mass shooting just prior to his first debate appearance. He's itching to rail against guns on the big stage but will need a big media event shooting prior to freshen it in the minds of the viewing masses.
    So you are calling for a mass shooting in the next two weeks then? (He is eligible to be in the February 19th debate in Las Vegas).

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    So you are calling for a mass shooting in the next two weeks then? (He is eligible to be in the February 19th debate in Las Vegas).
    Predicting =/= calling for.

But I see you are trying to get him banned or the site deplatformed.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Calling for? Not sure I'm "calling for" one but rather predicting one. If I'm somehow unknowingly directing world events via my RPF posts then interpret the post however you wish

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Predicting =/= calling for.

But I see you are trying to get him banned or the site deplatformed.
    Thanks Swordsmyth.

Frickin weird day when I say "Thanks Swordsmyth" but there it is.
    Last edited by devil21; 02-03-2020 at 05:14 PM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

How does this guy plan on participating in the states coming up now ?
    Do something Danke

Zippy clearly doesn't understand the difference between wanting a mass shooting and predicting one.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    How does this guy plan on participating in the states coming up now ?
    He doesn't.

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politi...primary-states

Bloomberg plans to bypass the first four states on the primary calendar — Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina — and focus instead on the crush of states that vote on Super Tuesday and beyond. It's a strategy that acknowledges the limitations of entering the race at this late stage and the opportunities afforded by his vast personal wealth.

His team has noted that several candidates have devoted much of the year to building support on the ground in the earliest states, and Bloomberg needs to be realistic about where he can make up ground. Nearly a quarter of primary delegates are up for grabs in the March 3 Super Tuesday contests, which have gotten far less attention so far.
    He is skipping the Nevada caucuses too.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He doesn't.

Does he even have time to get on super Tuesday ballots ?
    Do something Danke

He doesn't.

This rings a bell. Wasn't it Giuliani that decided to punt the first states to focus on Super Tuesday and then it blew up in his face? Must be something about NYC mayors running for President repeating the same mistakes.

This is just wasting money and stirring $#@! . So what is the $#@! really up to ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    This is just wasting money and stirring $#@! . So what is the $#@! really up to ?
    My inclination is that he's running to provide an in-person strawman billionaire Wall Streeter for Bernie, and probably Warren to a lesser extent, to beat on as the primary season progresses. I could see later debates dwindling down to Bernie, Bloomer and a couple others. Every time Bloomer opens his mouth about something, Bernie can simply say "He's been a huge part of the problem! A billionaire that built his wealth on corrupt Wall Street! Why would anyone listen to his solutions??"

Just my .02.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post

Tomorrow will be his first debate appearance. Still think there will be a mass shooting event?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51545383

Bloomberg to join Democratic debate amid poll surge

Democratic presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg will take part in a nomination debate for the first time on Wednesday, his campaign confirmed.

In order to take part in the Nevada debate, he had to poll above double digits in four national polls recognised by the Democratic Party.

On Tuesday, a NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll found he had support from 19% of those surveyed.

The ex-New York Mayor is not competing in the first four nomination contests.

Mr Bloomberg, 78, has instead chosen to enter the race on 3 March, known as Super Tuesday, when 14 states will vote.

He came in second place in the NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll. Bernie Sanders came in first with 31% support nationally and Joe Biden was in third place with 15%.

"Mike is looking forward to joining the other Democratic candidates on stage and making the case for why he's the best candidate to defeat Donald Trump and unite the country," Mr Bloomberg's campaign manager Kevin Sheekey said in a statement.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-18-2020 at 01:27 PM.

Tomorrow will be his first debate appearance. Still think there will be a mass shooting event tonight?
    Tonight or tomorrow but looks unlikely.

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    She looks like she could lay off the big soda pops anyway .
    Do something Danke