Thread: Reason: 26 of the 27 deadliest mass shooters were fatherless

Reason: 26 of the 27 deadliest mass shooters were fatherless

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/markme...-thing-common/

Wow. Just wow. It's not "toxic masculinity" that's the problem. It's "absent masculinity."
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    https://www.patheos.com/blogs/markme...-thing-common/

Wow. Just wow. It's not "toxic masculinity" that's the problem. It's "absent masculinity."
    Definitely.

If only they had fathers in their life. They most likely never would have gone down the dark path of killing innocent people.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Fact checking- claim is fake. Going by the list linked to in the article: https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/19/us/ma...cts/index.html

1) Steven Paddock- Las Vegas shooter. Father was arrested when Steven was seven. Spent most of life on the run or in jail- so no father growing up.

2) Omar Mateen- Orlando, FL nightclub. Father still around.

3) Seung Hui Cho- Virginia Tech- grew up with both parents

4) Adam Lanza- Sandy Hook. Grew up with both parents though his father left (at Adam's request) when Adam was 22. He was 24 at the time of the shooting.

5) Devin Patrick Kelley- Sutherland Springs TX church- grew up in a $1 million home with both parents.

6) George Hennard- Kileen Texas- Grew up with both parents in Pennsylvania and later New Mexico

7) Patrick Crusius- El Paso Texas- Grew up with both parents- moved in with Grand Parents when he attended community college.

8) James Huberty- San Ysidro McDonalds CA- Born in Ohio. Dad bought a farm in Amish country when he was 15- mother didn't want to move so he lived with his dad. So single parent but Dad was there.

9) Charles Joseph Whitman- Austin, Texas- Texas Tower Sniper- Grew up with both parents but father was abusive.

10) Nikolas Cruz- Marjory Stoneman Douglass High School, Parkland, FL. Grew up with Mother who died of pneumonia- was taken in by another family shortly before he went on his shooting. No father around.

Not going to do all 27 but it is not true that 26 of 27 grew up without a father. It is true that some of them did.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-22-2019 at 01:27 PM.

It looks like the OP misinterpreted the opinion piece by Venker that it cites.

What that piece actually says is:
    Broken homes, or homes without a physically and emotionally present mother and father, are the cause of most of society’s ills. “Unstable homes produce unstable children,” writes Peter Hasson at The Federalist.

He adds, “On CNN’s list of the “27 Deadliest Mass Shootings In U.S. History,” seven of those shootings were committed by young males since 2005. Of the seven, only one—Virginia Tech shooter Seung-Hui Cho—was raised by his biological father throughout childhood.”
    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/the-...-americas-boys

The Federalist article it cites has a date of 2015. So it's apparently referring to an older list of the 27 deadliest shootings that wouldn't include those since 2015 (which the current list does include), unless I'm misunderstanding it and maybe the article is more recent than 2015 or has been updated since then.

Anyway, so what Venker says (citing that Federalist article) is that 6 out of the subset of the 7 shootings on that list that took place between 2005 and 2015 were committed by fatherless shooters. The author in the OP apparently read it to mean 26 out of the 27.

Kids are going to be emotional thinkers, but when a boy never has a more logical side to experience while growing up, it will take them longer to get over themselves.... some never do.
    FJB

The local news said today that most mass shooters are motivated by racism or religious hate. It must be true if the real news reported it.

Based on a Violence Project study (taxpayer funded via DOJ):

https://www.vice.com/amp/en_us/artic...ings-in-common
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The local news said today that most mass shooters are motivated by racism or religious hate. It must be true if the real news reported it.

Can we single out just 'local news' when they are just regurgitating current MAGA 'globalist leadership' narrative?

Trump Deputy AG Rosenstein on recent mass shootings: “white terrorism” is more precise

Trump appointed FBI Director Wray says most domestic terrorism arrests this year involve white supremacy
    07/23/19

George is right. Killing random civilians to spread a political message is terrorism. FBI classifies it as domestic terrorism, but “white terrorism” is more precise. Many of the killers are lone-wolf losers indoctrinated to hate through the internet, just like Islamic terrorists. https://t.co/uyyjkoh1fR

Rod Rosenstein (@RodRosenstein) August 4, 2019

Joey Jones of Foxnews on white supremacists and white supremacist evil doers
    "If you're a white supremacist or thinking about it, you're not American , we renounce you, this is not a country for you... if you do anything evil, we will find you, we will hunt you down and take you out, we renounce you."

Trump condemns ‘racism, bigotry and white supremacy’

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think it's safe to say that those that grow up in a 'normal' family where children experience love, warmth and guidance from both biological parents are statistically less likely to commit mass murder.

I'm saying this without running any of the numbers. But I think I'll get away with it.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I think it's safe to say that those that grow up in a 'normal' family where children experience love, warmth and guidance from both biological parents are statistically less likely to commit mass murder.

I'm saying this without running any of the numbers. But I think I'll get away with it.
    I won't argue with that at all.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post

I'm sure the numbers would back up everything you said quite nicely.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Most seemed to feel themselves some sort of victim and seeking retribution for perceived wrongs.

I wonder if they tracked how many of them had taken prescription drugs?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Why is it that some people are automatically considered to do things due to genetic cultural reasons, while others' crimes are worthy of careful consideration as to the particulars of why they might have done what they did?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

But 27 of 27 used guns so its definitely guns!

extra derp...
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    It looks like the OP misinterpreted the opinion piece by Venker that it cites.

What that piece actually says is:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/the-...-americas-boys

The Federalist article it cites has a date of 2015. So it's apparently referring to an older list of the 27 deadliest shootings that wouldn't include those since 2015 (which the current list does include), unless I'm misunderstanding it and maybe the article is more recent than 2015 or has been updated since then.

Anyway, so what Venker says (citing that Federalist article) is that 6 out of the subset of the 7 shootings on that list that took place between 2005 and 2015 were committed by fatherless shooters. The author in the OP apparently read it to mean 26 out of the 27.

Obviously there is something to this. It doesn't fit the narrative though... so..racism.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Why is it that some people are automatically considered to do things due to genetic cultural reasons, while others' crimes are worthy of careful consideration as to the particulars of why they might have done what they did?
    Because some cultures encourage actions that other cultures don't.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment