Thread: Amash moves to strip Patriot Act from spending bill

Amash moves to strip Patriot Act from spending bill

https://twitter.com/justinamash/stat...73022783725572

Quote Originally Posted by tweet
    I introduced an amendment to strip the Patriot Act extension from the spending bill. It has no business being in there. Just like GOP leaders, Dem leaders ruled my amendment out of order. Neither party protects your rights, even though securing rights is why government exists!
    Yet the GOP rails about FISA spying abuses and the Dems rail about executive overreach....then both collectively say together "Why yes! We need more spying!"
    Last edited by devil21; 11-19-2019 at 08:54 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Go cat go!

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Go cat go!

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    https://twitter.com/justinamash/stat...73022783725572

Yet the GOP rails about FISA spying abuses and the Dems rail about executive overreach....then both collectively say together "Why yes! We need more spying!"
    Good for Justin!
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Amash fighting big government as usual. That's what matters.

FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Praise be to Amash.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Who the hell cares? What matters is whether he's #teamedward or #teamjacob. Stay focused.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron just got saying, again, there is little if any difference between the 2 parties. Hopefully folks will wake up to this, and see Justin as the principled liberty person he is.

Keep on keepin’ on Justin!

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by a highly respected forum member
    a short term extension is the best case scenario
    Of course this had to be spun as relatively pro-Trump, anti-amash as possible.
    Amash>Trump

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    How about you stop lying about what you are quoting?

It was from an article I didn't write, it says more than that and it isn't the least bit anti-Amash nor does it even mention Trump:

The House and Senate are doing what the deep state does so well. Buried in the final pages of a short term Continuing Resolution (CR) to fund government, the controversial bulk metadata (Call Detail Records) within the FISA program, due to expire on December 15th, is being extended to March 15th, 2020.
    As we suspected the intelligence community -and most of congress- wants the reauthorization, even if temporary, prior to the release of a critical IG report on FISA abuse. That said, a short term extension is the best case scenario when we consider the goal of the intelligence apparatus -writ large- was a permanent reauthorization.
    The “business records provision”, the “roving wiretap” provision, the “lone wolf” provision, and the more controversial bulk metadata provisions [Call Detail Records (CDR)], parts of the Patriot Act, are going to be revisited *AFTER* the report by IG Horowitz. The new deadline for terminal expiration will be March 15th, 2020.

More at: https://theconservativetreehouse.com...0/#more-176422
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Amash came off as an absolute deep-state lunatic when he spewed his
    anti Trump , impeachment rhetoric.

Pulling the plug on Patriot Act Funding has my attention.
    If only this could happen, if it could, next we defund/repeal;

ATF
    CPS
    DHS
    FBI
    NSA
    TSA
    NDAA

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    How about you stop lying about what you are quoting?

It was from an article I didn't write, it says more than that and it isn't the least bit anti-Amash nor does it even mention Trump:

The House and Senate are doing what the deep state does so well. Buried in the final pages of a short term Continuing Resolution (CR) to fund government, the controversial bulk metadata (Call Detail Records) within the FISA program, due to expire on December 15th, is being extended to March 15th, 2020.
    As we suspected the intelligence community -and most of congress- wants the reauthorization, even if temporary, prior to the release of a critical IG report on FISA abuse. That said, a short term extension is the best case scenario when we consider the goal of the intelligence apparatus -writ large- was a permanent reauthorization.
    The “business records provision”, the “roving wiretap” provision, the “lone wolf” provision, and the more controversial bulk metadata provisions [Call Detail Records (CDR)], parts of the Patriot Act, are going to be revisited *AFTER* the report by IG Horowitz. The new deadline for terminal expiration will be March 15th, 2020.

More at: https://theconservativetreehouse.com...0/#more-176422
    Note I said "as relatively as possible"; there's only so much possible with reupping the patriot act. The quote you chose to insert was identical to your main talking point for the last 3 years: namely we should be happy because it could have been worse.
    Last edited by The Rebel Poet; 11-22-2019 at 07:20 AM.
    Amash>Trump

You neg me for having an opinion, wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Amash came off as an absolute deep-state lunatic when he spewed his
    anti Trump , impeachment rhetoric.

Pulling the plug on Patriot Act Funding has my attention.
    If only this could happen, if it could, next we defund/repeal;

ATF
    CPS
    DHS
    FBI
    NSA
    TSA
    NDAA
    Why didn't his voting record get your attention and keep it in the first place?
    So even though Amashs voting record is outstanding you equate him with a deep state lunatic spewing???? This is the type of garbage that goes on too much. Goes against the grain once and that's what he gets? No reason for it.

Note I said "as relatively as possible"; there's only so much possible with reupping the patriot act. The quote you chose to insert was identical to your main talking point for the last 3 years: namely we should be happy because it could have been worse.
    Do you just neg rep anyone that has a diff opinion from yours?

Why did you neg rep me ?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Do you just neg rep anyone that has a diff opinion from yours?

Why did you neg rep me ?
    Probably the same reason you negative repped Amash, because he can.
    or maybe because you said Amash was a deep state lunatic which isn't true. Either or. But that you had to ask, is a bit silly imo. You actually think it was because of just having an opinion and not the meat of the opinion is silly too.

B-b-b-but it was just an opinion. Yes sweet, innocent you.
    Last edited by tebowlives; 11-23-2019 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Probably the same reason you negative repped Amash, because he can.
    or maybe because you said Amash was a deep state lunatic which isn't true. Either or. But that you had to ask, is a bit silly imo. You actually think it was because of just having an opinion and not the meat of the opinion is silly too.

B-b-b-but it was just an opinion. Yes sweet, innocent you.
    Amash is not on this forum last I checked, so yea, that's complete blsht.

You have no proof that Amash is not a deep state lunatic, so yea, there again, if
    an opinion deserves a neg on this forum, yours certainly qualifies.

Your condescending personal insult is also duly noted.

Amash is not on this forum last I checked, so yea, that's complete blsht.

You have no proof that Amash is not a deep state lunatic, so yea, there again, if
    an opinion deserves a neg on this forum, yours certainly qualifies.

Your condescending personal insult is also duly noted.

In America I don't need to prove he's not something, especially when you made it up. Onus and all. If a made up statement deserves a neg on this forum, yours certainly qualifies.

What you claim as a condescending personal insult is something you made up. I addressed your condescending personal insult on Amash as too why it was untrue. I backed it up with a reason. Your point of Amash guilty of being a deep state lunatic certainly is silly. Falsely group to vilify is not only silly, it's disingenuous at best. Overstated drama.
    What you said sounds like something a Commie would say. <<< See what I did there.

You made the comment. Own it or admit it was over the top.

I do like the thing
    Last edited by tebowlives; 11-23-2019 at 06:44 AM.