Thread: Should We Be Celebrating International Men’s Day?

Should We Be Celebrating International Men’s Day?

On 19th November it will be International Men’s Day (IMD). Many people will be left wondering why men need a special day, when every day could be considered male. These type of official days tend to acknowledge and celebrate the ‘underdog’, and so this November celebration may raise an eyebrow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, International Men’s Day Is a Thing

Every year on International Women’s Day, the internet gets flooded with men demanding to know when International Men’s Day is. Those men have apparently never taken the time to Google the question because the answer is today, November 19th.

The idea of a Men’s Day is complicated, since–much like the recent focus on Straight Pride Parades–a lot of the demand for one comes as a response to Women’s Day, without recognizing that International Women’s Day was born out of women’s marginalization at the hands of cis men.

It’s clear that when men demand to know about THEIR day on and only on a day dedicated to women, they don’t actually care.

https://www.themarysue.com/things-we...onal-mens-day/
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If men's day had a song what would it be? I'm going it's a man's world James Brown.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

I celebrate mens day everyday . Woman get to do whatever in the kitchen , they are probably celebrating without even inviting you guys .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    If men's day had a song what would it be? I'm going it's a man's world James Brown.
    Maybe this one?

"The Patriarch"

Or this one...

"The Patriarch"

As long as it isn't this one.

"The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Or this one...

I almost went with that one
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Woman get to do whatever in the kitchen , they are probably celebrating without even inviting you guys .
    I allow it , as long as dinner is ready on time .
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I celebrate mens day everyday . Woman get to do whatever in the kitchen , they are probably celebrating without even inviting you guys .
    We're men, we don't need to be invited.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Happy Men's Day to the RPF menfolk.

(sorry, it's the best I could do, last-minute.)
    It's the thought that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    ''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

International? Sounds globalist. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    We're men, we don't need to be invited.
    Hell, I don't need a day. I suspect Men's day was invented by a woman.

Didn't even know that day even existed.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Didn't even know that day even existed.
    Lol, I don't remember hearing about it before either.
    "The Patriarch"

I love men and celebrate them every day. I am not opposed to having a special day though.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

I think we should do away with all "days".
    Too many damn idiotic celebrations.

For AF:

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I propose that International Women's Day be removed and be replaced with International Boobies Day
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Shakespeare’s Henry V is a man’s story about determination and heroism against incredible odds. Kenneth Branagh’s version can be found on Amazon Prime video. It is one of my favorite films—especially the St. Crispin’s Day speech.

Thanks, men, for being the providers, innovators, and defenders you are.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

ACLU@ACLU

There’s no one way to be a man.

Men who get their periods are men.

Men who get pregnant and give birth are men.

Trans and non-binary men belong.#InternationalMensDay

https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/1196...eriods-are-men
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-20-2019 at 08:01 PM.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    ACLU@ACLU

There’s no one way to be a man.

Men who get their periods are men.

Men who get pregnant and give birth are men.

Trans and non-binary men belong.#InternationalMensDay
    Is the ACLU based in South Dakota, by chance?

And this, this is why I want these $#@!s pushed back into whatever closet they came out of.

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan