Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Trump threatens higher tariffs if China doesnít make a trade deal

  1. #1

    Trump threatens higher tariffs if China doesnít make a trade deal

    "Trade wars are easy!" https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/19/trum...rade-deal.html

    President Donald Trump threatened higher tariffs on Chinese goods if that country does not make a deal on trade.

    The comments came during a meeting with the presidentís Cabinet on Tuesday. The U.S. and China, the worldís two largest economies, have been locked in an apparent stalemate in trade negotiations that have lasted nearly two years.

    ďIf we donít make a deal with China, Iíll just raise the tariffs even higher,Ē Trump said in the meeting.

    Financial markets, which have proven reactive to developments in the ongoing trade war, largely shrugged off Trumpís latest warning.
    Tariffs are paid by US consumers and businesses which purchase imports subject to tariffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Yes, that is the new tactic from all the trolls.
    They just assert lies over and over no matter how often they are exposed.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    "Trade wars are easy!" https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/19/trum...rade-deal.html



    Tariffs are paid by US consumers and businesses which purchase imports subject to tariffs.
    Tariffs are paid for by the Chinese who lower their prices and weaken their currency to try and keep their marketshare.
    They also eliminate hostile foreign government interference in the marketplace designed to destroy and conquer us.

    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Tariffs are paid for by the Chinese who lower their prices and weaken their currency to try and keep their marketshare.
    They also eliminate hostile foreign government interference in the marketplace designed to destroy and conquer us.
    Fake news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Yes, that is the new tactic from all the trolls.
    They just assert lies over and over no matter how often they are exposed.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2019, 12:19 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-30-2019, 07:24 PM
  3. Trump Threatens China Trade War...'Art Of The Deal'?
    By Brian4Liberty in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2019, 12:08 PM
  4. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-12-2019, 12:46 AM
  5. Trade War Update: China Trade Unfazed By Trump Tariffs
    By Zippyjuan in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-16-2018, 07:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •