Sneak Vote On Patriot Act Renewal Today 11/19/2019

written by rep. thomas massie (r-ky)
    tuesday november 19, 2019

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	patriot.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	7202

Today, while everyone is distracted by the impeachment drama, Congress will vote to extend warrantless data collection provisions of the #PatriotAct, by hiding this language on page 25 of the Continuing Resolution (CR) that temporarily funds the government. To sneak this through, Congress will first vote to suspend the rule which otherwise gives us (and the people) 72 hours to consider a bill.

The scam here is that Democrats are alleging abuse of Presidential power, while simultaneously reauthorizing warrantless power to spy on citizens that no President should have... in a bill that continues to fund EVERYTHING the President does... and waiving their own rules to do it.

I predict Democrats will vote on a party line to suspend the 72 hour rule. But after the rule is suspended, I suspect many Republicans will join most Democrats to pass the CR with the Patriot Act extension embedded in it.

It’s quite possible that your member of Congress doesn’t even know the Patriot Act reauthorization is in the CR. Here’s a phone directory of the House of Representatives.
    https://www.house.gov/representatives

At the end of today, I will post the roll call vote on the resolution to waive the 72 hour rule, as well as the roll call vote for passage of the CR that contains the Patriot Act extension.

Reprinted from Mr. Massie's Facebook Page.

http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives...renewal-today/

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    written by rep. thomas massie (r-ky)
    tuesday november 19, 2019

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	patriot.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	7202

Today, while everyone is distracted by the impeachment drama, Congress will vote to extend warrantless data collection provisions of the #PatriotAct, by hiding this language on page 25 of the Continuing Resolution (CR) that temporarily funds the government. To sneak this through, Congress will first vote to suspend the rule which otherwise gives us (and the people) 72 hours to consider a bill.

The scam here is that Democrats are alleging abuse of Presidential power, while simultaneously reauthorizing warrantless power to spy on citizens that no President should have... in a bill that continues to fund EVERYTHING the President does... and waiving their own rules to do it.

I predict Democrats will vote on a party line to suspend the 72 hour rule. But after the rule is suspended, I suspect many Republicans will join most Democrats to pass the CR with the Patriot Act extension embedded in it.

It’s quite possible that your member of Congress doesn’t even know the Patriot Act reauthorization is in the CR. Here’s a phone directory of the House of Representatives.
    https://www.house.gov/representatives

At the end of today, I will post the roll call vote on the resolution to waive the 72 hour rule, as well as the roll call vote for passage of the CR that contains the Patriot Act extension.

Reprinted from Mr. Massie's Facebook Page.

http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives...renewal-today/
    God bless Thomas Massie!
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Import/export bank, patriot act, etc bread and circus continue!

Thanks for keeping us updated on whats going on Massie.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Someone should let Thomas know that Trump supports signing this into law.

Last edited by EBounding; 11-19-2019 at 01:40 PM.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Rep. Justin Amash (I–Mich.) introduced an amendment on Monday night that would have removed the Patriot Act reauthorization from the continuing resolution, but the amendment was blocked by Democratic leaders.

https://mobile.twitter.com/justinama...urveillance%2F

The continuing resolution will also boost pay for the military, fund next year's census, and hike overall spending by about $322 billion—a figure that was agreed to earlier this year, but still seems irresponsible given the rapidly rising deficit and $23 trillion national debt.

https://reason.com/2019/11/19/congre...-surveillance/

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Thomas and Rand won't confront Trump on this issue. They'll pretend he has nothing to do with it. They're too timid to confront him.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't worry though. Trump is sure to veto this, since he and the deep state are on opposite teams.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post

Woopsie. Looks like AOC and Omar didn't put your votes where your tweets were.
    http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2019/roll629.xml

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Don't worry though. Trump is sure to veto this, since he and the deep state are on opposite teams.
    No! He can't round up all the pizza eaters in 2023 if they assassinate him now!!
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Woopsie. Looks like AOC and Omar didn't put your votes where your tweets were.
    http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2019/roll629.xml
    ROFL
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post

so they reversed course? I'm surprised it got 194 nay votes, looks like the PA is still controversial.
    Last edited by James_Madison_Lives; 11-19-2019 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    so they reversed course?
    Dunno. I just linked those tweets because they were part of the Reason article linked above and I found them to be funny.

I'm surprised it got 194 nay votes, looks like the PA is still controversial.
    Given that it looks to be 100% party line votes, I'm guessing that there's something else going on with this bill that's not the PA.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Rep. Justin Amash (I–Mich.) introduced an amendment on Monday night that would have removed the Patriot Act reauthorization from the continuing resolution, but the amendment was blocked by Democratic leaders.

https://mobile.twitter.com/justinama...urveillance%2F

The continuing resolution will also boost pay for the military, fund next year's census, and hike overall spending by about $322 billion—a figure that was agreed to earlier this year, but still seems irresponsible given the rapidly rising deficit and $23 trillion national debt.

https://reason.com/2019/11/19/congre...-surveillance/
    That Demoncrat deep state swamp cuck! He's just virtue signaling his tds to his new bestie AOC.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

so they reversed course? I'm surprised it got 194 nay votes, looks like the PA is still controversial.

Pinochet is the model

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The House and Senate are doing what the deep state does so well. Buried in the final pages of a short term Continuing Resolution (CR) to fund government, the controversial bulk metadata (Call Detail Records) within the FISA program, due to expire on December 15th, is being extended to March 15th, 2020.
    As we suspected the intelligence community -and most of congress- wants the reauthorization, even if temporary, prior to the release of a critical IG report on FISA abuse. That said, a short term extension is the best case scenario when we consider the goal of the intelligence apparatus -writ large- was a permanent reauthorization.
    The “business records provision”, the “roving wiretap” provision, the “lone wolf” provision, and the more controversial bulk metadata provisions [Call Detail Records (CDR)], parts of the Patriot Act, are going to be revisited *AFTER* the report by IG Horowitz. The new deadline for terminal expiration will be March 15th, 2020.

More at: https://theconservativetreehouse.com...0/#more-176422
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump signed it into law.

Rand and Thomas will be completely silent over Trump's actions since it would hurt their hold on power.

They just rubber stamp that $hit anymore... nothing to see here.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows