Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul: I will not vote for Trump, he can give two positions in one speech (flashback)

Ron Paul: I will not vote for Trump, he can give two positions in one speech (flashback)

Words of wisdom, some of us took a while to see things clearly.

Ron Paul: I will not vote for Trump

03/31/16
    Ron Paul: I will not vote for Donald Trump https://t.co/6OZtrfIwim https://t.co/mmwHDhWvjj
    — CNN Politics (@CNNPolitics) March 31, 2016

Former Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) said on Thursday he wouldn't vote for Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump.
    "I was very explicit about that. I wouldn't vote for Donald Trump," he said on CNN on Thursday.

"If you can't stand any of them and you happen to be a dedicated progressive, you ought to make your vote count and vote for the Green Party and if you happen to be a libertarian, vote for the Libertarian Party," he continued.
    Paul noted that some people say Trump is "far superior" or the lesser of two evils, but he doesn't know what the celebrity real estate mogul would do if elected president.

"Quite frankly, I'm not sure exactly what he'll do and that bothers me as well," he said, "because he can give two positions in one speech."

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...vote-for-trump

30 Sep, 2019
    Forget The Impeachment Circus…Here’s What Congress Should Really Investigate! – Ron Paul Institute
    While the country is being dragged through the three ring impeachment circus – which is all about politics and nothing about policy, President Trump’s secret wars and interventions across the globe continue. Venezuela, Middle East, Lithuania…the intervention is on overdrive. But Congress has no interest in its Constitutional obligations when it comes to war. Political theater is far more exciting.
    youtube.com/watch?v=eH48AP5eRK0

Related

From Iraq to the Red Sea, Iran-Israel Battleground Now Spans Entire Mideast
    Oct 20, 2019

October 6, 2019
    US, Israeli efforts put Iraq’s stability on the line ; 104 killed in Iraq, 6000 wounded

Iraq invasion architect Elliott Abrams quietly slips into Trump administration

Trump has deployed 14,000 additional troops to the Middle East since May 2019

Top US General Says American Troops Should Be Ready To Die For Israel

Trump Family Dynasty: Ivanka Trump vs Don Jr. 2024 Prospects
    Kushner 2024 Cons:
    Jared Kushner is wreaking havoc in the Middle East
    The entire Middle East, from Palestine to Yemen, appears set to burst into flames after this week. The region was already teetering on the edge, but recent events have only made things worse. And while the mayhem should be apparent to any casual observer, what’s less obvious is Jared Kushner’s role in the chaos. Kushner is, of course, the US president’s senior advisor and son-in-law.

Pompeo says God may have sent Trump to save Israel from Iran

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe we should find out what Ron thinks now that Trump has a record of actual actions instead of just words.
    Maybe we should think for ourselves.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Maybe we should find out what Ron thinks now that Trump has a record of actual actions instead of just words.
    Yea, the record.

30 Sep, 2019
    Forget The Impeachment Circus…Here’s What Congress Should Really Investigate! – Ron Paul Institute
    While the country is being dragged through the three ring impeachment circus – which is all about politics and nothing about policy, President Trump’s secret wars and interventions across the globe continue. Venezuela, Middle East, Lithuania…the intervention is on overdrive. But Congress has no interest in its Constitutional obligations when it comes to war. Political theater is far more exciting.

Yes we should.
    But when that thinking leads to celeberating a politician whose top funder couple consists of a Foreign-Firster Democrat (who wants his children to serve in military of a foreign country) and a member of a foreign country's military, maybe that thinking is based on flawed reasoning and mal-practice to advertize it as 'America-First'.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Yea, the record.

30 Sep, 2019

Yes we should.
    But when that thinking leads to celeberating a politician whose top funder couple consists of a Foreign-Firster Democrat (who wants his children to serve in military of a foreign country) and a member of a foreign country's military, maybe that thinking is based on flawed reasoning and mal-practice to advertize it as 'America-First'.
    Maybe his record is better than worse and far better than any other option.
    Maybe it's his policies that matter and not his associates.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Maybe his record is better than worse and far better than any other option.
    Maybe it's his policies that matter and not his associates.
    Yea, maybe he's the lesser evil.
    Maybe actions speak louder than words.
    Maybe we should stop saying same things twice in same thread if already replied to.

But to be fair, he has not changed positions instantly on everything, on some issues there was gap of years:

Conservative Gun Owners Of America leader on Trump: 'He's a fraud and has betrayed us twice now'

2017: 5000 troops slated for new Afghan surge

2019: Trump Wants 10K More Troops In The Middle East. For What?

Sometimes it can be days before position is changed:

Oct. 7, 2019
    Trump Administration Appears to Reverse Syria Decision Following Backlash
    Source: USNEWS.com

And then, in all fairness, there are things on which he has been consistent and did not flip flop at all !

07/12/2019
    FEDERAL SPENDING SMASHES RECORDS
    BUDGET DEFICIT WIDENS 23%

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Yea, maybe he's the lesser evil.
    Maybe actions speak louder than words.
    Maybe we should stop saying same things twice in same thread if already replied to.
    Maybe he's the least of all possible goods.
    Maybe you are ignoring or misrepresenting his actions.
    And maybe I'll continue to say whatever I want, especially if it bugs you.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Oh, good idea! Let's!

​President Trump is reversing his foreign policy decisions so quickly these days that it almost seems like he overturns himself before making the decision in the first place. Last week he was very clear that the US was pulling its troops out of Syria. “Bringing soldiers home,” he said. “Let someone else fight over this long-bloodstained sand.”

But then he overturned himself later in the same speech. [Doesn't sound like Ron Paul has changed his mind] He said: “We’ve secured the oil and therefore a small number of US troops will remain in the area where they have the oil. And we’re going to be protecting it and we’ll be deciding what we’re going to do with it in the future.”

Where does President Trump think he gets the legal or moral authority to send US troops to illegally occupy foreign territory and determine what that foreign country can or cannot do with its resources? After eight years of Obama’s disastrous “Assad must go” policy, during which the US provided weapons and training to radicals and terrorists with a half million people killed as a result, President Trump had the opportunity to finally close that dark chapter of US foreign policy so the Syrian people could rebuild their country.

Instead he sat down on Thursday with Senator Lindsey Graham, who has been wrong in every foreign policy position he’s ever taken, and decided to follow Graham’s advice to take Syria’s oil. Even though Trump himself has said many times that ISIS is 100 percent defeated, he claims we must take Syria’s oil to keep it from ISIS.

The real reason the neocons want the US military to occupy Syria’s oil fields is they are still convinced they can overthrow Assad by carving out eastern Syria for the Kurds. They don’t want to keep the oil from ISIS, they want to keep it from the Syrian government. They don’t want the oil revenue to be used to help rebuild the country because they still want to make life more unbearable for the population through sanctions so they will overthrow Assad. They don’t care how many innocent civilians die.

So instead of bringing the troops home like he promised, President Trump has allowed himself to be convinced to actually expand the US presence in eastern Syria! Instead of ending a foolish mission, he’s giving them an even more foolish mission – and sending in more troops and weapons. Instead of removing the approximately 200 troops in that region as promised, Trump is going to add more troops to equal about a thousand. He’s also sending in tanks and other armored vehicles, according to the Pentagon.

If President Trump believes following neocon advice on Syria is going to produce results different than the past eight years of following neocon advice on Syria, he’s naïve or worse. This new mission is going to cost tens of millions of dollars per month and will only serve to inspire the next generation of radicals. Trump is right that the people of the region, including Russia, Iran, Syria, and Turkey have all the incentive to keep ISIS at bay. So why does he fold like a cheap suit every time the neocons strong-arm him into another dumb foreign policy position?
    Another good idea! And we do! Of course, every time we do, you spam us and scream at us like a banshee for breaking alt-right orthodoxy. But to your chagrin, that doesn't stop us!
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Yes. Just maybe. However, those of us who think and act for ourselves are frowned upon by statists. Take me and you, for instance.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    By the time the next election rolls around, I have a feeling Ron is going to have a tough decision to make. Especially if trump is finally afforded the opportunity to bring some troops home.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    By the time the next election rolls around, I have a feeling Ron is going to have a tough decision to make. Especially if trump is finally afforded the opportunity to bring some troops home.
    If so, , , since it would be his last term, what would/will he do during that last term once elected, , , redeploy?

I remember GWB giving a fantastic speech that sounded exactly like Ron.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Oh, good idea! Let's!
    That isn't an opinion about whether he will vote for him this time.
    And I doubt he will have an opinion until we are much closer to the election.

Another good idea! And we do! Of course, every time we do, you spam us and scream at us like a banshee for breaking alt-right orthodoxy. But to your chagrin, that doesn't stop us!
    Projection.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Yes. Just maybe. However, those of us who think and act for ourselves are frowned upon by statists. Take me and you, for instance.
    Projection.
    I am the one who thinks for himself, you are the one who clings blindly to a rigid theory in spite of reality and results.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If so, , , since it would be his last term, what would/will he do during that last term once elected, , , redeploy?

Whoever runs against him will be much worse.
    If Trump had lost last time we would already be engaged in multiple more wars.
    Not to mention all the other important issues.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Projection.
    Projection.
    Oh, yes. Everybody's projecting but the Shyll.

Whoever runs against him will be...
    If Trump had lost last time we would ...
    Oh, wait, are those projections?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

You can't win the argument so you resort to insults.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You can't win the argument...
    @enhanced_deficit I think someone's asking you to add a poll to this thread.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Naturally. That's why we need his all-knowing wisdom to guide us into the warm orange glow. We're so fortunate to have such a member here.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

GWB was owned by the deep state.

Trump is going to put them in prison, so he won't have to play their stupid games anymore.

I don't know if you have noticed that every time Trump announces pulling out troops, the deep state deploys a false flag within days of the announcement to bring him back in.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Oh, wait, are those projections?
    Psychological projection is entirely different from logical projection.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

@enhanced_deficit I think someone's asking you to add a poll to this thread.
    As if voting determined truth.
    Are you trying to use peer pressure to keep people from thinking for themselves?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This ^^^^^
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Given the lackluster candidates the Libertarians keep putting on ballots.....
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Just in case anyone wants to stop projecting long enough to look to Ron Paul for a clue as to what Ron Paul might do.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 11-14-2019 at 09:17 PM.

Why would Ron Paul endorse a warmonger and satanic pedophile like Romney?!? What does that have to do with Trump? Did you ever notice that Romney hates Trump?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why would Ron Paul endorse a warmonger and satanic pedophile like Romney?!? What does that have to do with Trump? Did you ever notice that Romney hates Trump?
    You expect us to numb our brains with hours of Molyneaux, but you can't make it to the third or fourth of a set of 1-10 minute videos?

Just in case anyone wants to stop projecting long enough to look to Ron Paul for a clue as to what Ron Paul might do.
    What Ron WOULD do is tell people to think for themselves instead of trying to get them to do as he said.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Ron DID NOT endorse Tulsi.
    He said she was the best of the Dems.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You expect us to numb our brains with hours of Molyneaux, but you can't make it to the third or fourth of a set of 1-10 minute videos?
    Hmm, ok, let's see...

a. Ron Paul isn't running against Trump

b. Trump supports ending the wars and auditing the fed AND ultimately supports cutting spending. Romney supported none of those things.

c. Rand endorsed Romney for political reasons because he was a Senator. Rand wouldn't have endorsed him if he wasn't becoming a player in the political establishment.

Ron DID NOT endorse Tulsi.
    He said she was the best of the Dems.
    I didn't title the video, anyone who can vote in a Democratic primary may well consider that an endorsement, and since even if she wins, superdelegates will steal the nomination from her, it doesn't matter.

As a sign of the likelihood of the man endorsing Trump, though, it's instructive to those with ears to hear.

Hmm, ok, let's see...

a. Ron Paul isn't running against Trump

b. Trump supports ending the wars and auditing the fed AND ultimately supports cutting spending. Romney supported none of those things.

c. Rand endorsed Romney for political reasons because he was a Senator. Rand wouldn't have endorsed him if he wasn't becoming a player in the political establishment.
    d. Ron Paul hasn't endorsed the GOP candidate for president at any point in the twenty-first century.

e. 2016 occurred in the twenty-first century.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 11-14-2019 at 09:31 PM.

I didn't title the video, anyone who can vote in a Democratic primary may well consider that an endorsement, and since even if she wins, superdelegates will steal the nomination from her, it doesn't matter.

As a sign of the likelihood of the man endorsing Trump, though, it's instructive to those with ears to hear.

d. Ron Paul hasn't endorsed the GOP candidate for president at any point in the twenty-first century.

e. 2016 occurred in the twenty-first century.
    He's 100 times more likely to endorse Trump than Tulsi.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast